Options

Let us write a story sentence by sentence.

Comments

• Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Nice painting there, who did you get that from?
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    'emmett farrell. he's been doing some interesting stuff lately. not this though. i think he's been paying too much attention to leichtenstein. not that that's necessarily a bad thing. emmett just needs to be careful. man's got to eat though, right? how 'bout you anna you got anything for me?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Well I might have something nice. Not sure though if I want to part with it.
  • Options
    'how could i convince you?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Well we would have to have a talk about that. But what I came in for was to apologise. For the other day, you know. I should not have said that. Anyway that's what I wanted to say.
  • Options
    'it's already forgotten anna.'

gerard was so taken by anna he would forgive her just about anything. even calling him a faggot.

'are you busy this afternoon? perhaps i could come over look at what you've got?'

he noticed a tiny smirk on anna's face at that last comment.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Well, my sweet Gérard, an artist like me can't be selling just about any piece of work you know. Maybe I'll come here in a few days and bring some work with me.
  • Options
    'what. you're just going to hoik it under your arm and walk clear across town and up that damn hill? let me come to you.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I smiled and threw my head back. Oh Gérard you must be getting old. Did you forget about our last little meet. I don't really care to repeat that episode.
  • Options
    gerard put his hands up in surrender or subjugation. either way he knew who was running this show.

'trust me when i say i will never offer you another glass of wine as long as either of us draws breath.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Well, you might over me some when it's appropriate. Just don't do it when I'm working. Well I just wanted to say I'm sorry so I must be going now.
  • Options
    gerard let her go. he wondered what it was that drew him to anna. it wan't just that she was an artist. he knew plenty of artists and had even known his fair share in the biblical sense. but anna was different. she never pushed her work. in fact she hardly ever talked about it. but the pieces she had done and allowed him to sell were always received. by him and his clients. there was this one guy who once confided to gerard that he thought he and anna were the same person in a previous life. gerard didn't even want to think how this was even possible. he just kept as much distance between anna and the madman. the rich madman. afterall he never forgot who afforded him his lifestyle. and right then he decided to risk anna's wrath and just show up at her place. all he had to do was get up the courage.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I walked to the centre of the city from Gérard´s, it was little over an hour by foot. I wanted to walk so I could straighten out my mind, to many thoughts kept haunting me. Walking always calmed me down. When I got there I decided to had for the record store and buy me some non-Davey related albums. I could use the treat, and if you don´t do it yourself who will?
  • Options
    as i rifled through the racks it seemed like a lost cause. so defined by each other, davey and i had become the same person over the past three years. that wasn't going to go away any time soon. even i knew that.looking up at the ceiling, i sighed in frustration. i hated making decisions, even one as innocuous as picking an album to buy. harmless it might be, but still one i didn't want to make. i looked towards the cashier and saw a guy picking up his bag of purchases. as he approached i stepped in front of him and put my hand on his chest.

'hey pick me an album'

to my surprise he did. he leant over and puled one from the stacks.

"here you go'

he smiled and handed me The Kinks' Lola Versus Powerman and the Moneygoround. then continued on his way. I watched him until he was out of sight. Whatever I thought, The Kinks were as good as anyone i suppose. With the added bonus of course that neither davey or i owned any of their stuff. well i don't think davey did. the point is listening to it isn't going to make me think of davey. and that is what this is all about. oh yeah i was off to a good start. every thought i've had since leaving gerard's has been about him.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I decided to try something new, I went to the section where they place all the new and relatvily unknown releases. OK Anna here goes even you can do this. Pick one from every letter. Oh shit, I couldn't go listen to twenty-six album, the people here would probable laugh in my face, hahaha. Best pick ten or something like that.
    And so I walked down the stairs to the counter and listened to what I had picked.
  • Options
    listening to bright eyes' i'm wide awake,it's morning, i was half way through a song called lua, a bleak little number, when i felt a hand on my shoulder. i took the headphones off and turned.

' you can't be doing this davey, you need to give me space.'

with that i handed him the CDs i was holding and started to walk away. i stopped and went bck to retrieve the Kinks album the stranger had picked for me. when he went to say something, i looked at him.

'i don't want to hear it.'

i paid for the record and left the store, hoping i wasn't followed.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    JJDJJD Posts: 17
    When I seen it was Lonny I started to shake. It had been years since we last talked. Was this the chance meeting I had read about earlier in my horoscope?As soon as I stood up the force of Lonny's fist pushed into my lungs.
  • Options
    listening to bright eyes' i'm wide awake,it's morning, i was half way through a song called lua, a bleak little number, when i felt a hand on my shoulder. i took the headphones off and turned.

' you can't be doing this davey, you need to give me space.'

with that i handed him the CDs i was holding and started to walk away. i stopped and went bck to retrieve the Kinks album the stranger had picked for me. when he went to say something, i looked at him.

'i don't want to hear it.'

i paid for the record and left the store, hoping i wasn't followed.

I walked to the end of the street where I strolled on to the market, always liked to watch the secondhand stuff. Not that I wanted to buy somethings, it's just fun to see what people want to get rid of. When I got bored I went to 'The Lunchroom', I hadn't eaten all day.
  • Options
    while waiting for my order, i looked at the album i'd bought. The Kinks. yeah i knew them. nice simple front cover. turning it over i went through the songlist. oh hey Lola i love that song.i'm not dumb but i can't understand why she walks like a woman and talks like a man oh my lola lo lo lo lo lola... the rest of the songs i was unfamiliar with. it didn't matter. what i had heard of the Kinks was great stuff. all day and all of the night, you really got me, sunny afternoon, waterloo sunset. you know, all the songs everyone knows.
    the waiter came and placed my salad on the table in front of me. he asked me if i wanted anything else and i asked for a glass of water.

'sure thing. anything else? how you doing arlo?'

i know he wasn't talking to me, so i looked up to see who had his attention. and what do you know. there was my stranger. i averted my attention and became instantly interested in my salad.

'i'll be back with that water.'

and then i was alone with my thoughts. of davey, the stranger who i now knew was called arlo and whether or not i believed in serendipity. it certainly didn't help me the last time i credited it for my street meeting with davey last week.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Hey weren't you just in "Fat cat Freddie"? I politely smiled, nodded my head and immediately buried my face my the salad.
  • Options
    he must have sensed my desire to be left alone, so he said no more and went and sat at a table as far from me as possible. i was relieved a little. the last thing i needed in my life was another man, no matter how casual the encounter was. of course that didn't mean that for the next twenty minutes i didn't steal glances at arlo anytime i could get away with it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I couldn't help myself from wondering if that was his really name. It really was time now to leave, but I just couldn't dragmyself out of there.
  • Options
    if i didn't move now, i'd sit there doing nothing but look conspicuous. time to make a decision. okay. i stood up and taking my wallet out of my bag walked toward the cash register. the waiter looked up and asked me for $4.50. i couldn't believe the cheap prices at this eatery. i'm suprised they were still in business. but then again the food was always good and the portions were generous.
    walking out i tried not to look arlo's way, breathing a sigh of relief when i made it out onto the footpath.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I stood their indecisive in front of the lunchroom, what now, where to?
    Without knowing where I was going I just started walking. When I discovered myself at a bus stop I decided that was the way to go. Just go home and try to relax a little. The ride didn't really take very long, but I did regret not having my MP3-player with me. Now I had to listen to two women sitting behind me yapping about some sort of new programme on TV. When I finale came to my stop the were still going on about it. I walked from the bus stop to my house and when I got there I saw Hamish sitting on the sidewalk leaning against a wall.
  • Options
    great, this i did not need.
    as he saw me approached, he pushed himself away from the wall. he looked as unsure of this act of bravado as i had ever seen him. i didn't even try to smile

'you know hamish, i'm not really in the mood for your bullshit.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Well good, then we can talk. He smiled daringly when he said that. He quickly add before I could reply; I wanted to see how you were and apologize.
  • Options
    'it's hard enough for me getting past davey without you trying to keep us together. not to mention you almost got me killed.'

it was my turn to smile so hamish knew i wasn't too serious.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Yeah, about that, I am sorry. If I hadn't acted so stupidly it would not have happened. Sorry.
  • Options
    'yeah well, i'm alive aren't i?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Either that or you look remarkably good for a dead girl.