Options

Let us write a story sentence by sentence.

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    'hey anna!'

i turned to see hamish striding towards me. he had this loping gait when he walked that made him look like he was trekking through the bush. how could i not smile.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Hey is for horses mister! You mind your manners young man, I won't stand for this nonsense. Hahaha hallo Hamish how are you?
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    as we hugged, i closed my eyes and breathed in his scent.
    'mmm you smell good.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Yeah, I smell like teen spirit. He stood there a little unsure what to say nexted.
  • Options
    i had to roll my eyes at that. i wanted to ask about davey. but i didn't.

'so what are you doing out and about on your lonesome?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Well I thought I'd go check this band that are playing over at "The Sound". Someone told me that they were really good and it's free entry tonight, so I thought I'd go. And what are you up to?
  • Options
    'just wandering around trying to clear my head.'

when i looked at hamish i could see he wanted to talk about davey as much as i did. but i wasn't going to be the one to bring him up.

'feel like some company?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    O sure, come with me to the gig. Maybe we can laught at them if they suck.
  • Options
    as we fell into step with each other, i could feel hamish stealing sideways glances at me. i tried to ignore it. finally as we got ot the venue i understood why. there was davey leaning against the wall just barely in the streetlight. i stopped walking.

'so not fair hamish.'

i crossed the street and left him standing.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Oh come on Anna, come back.
  • Options
    i stopped in the middle of the road and turned around.

'fuck you hamish. it wasn't fair on me and it wasn't fair on davey.'

with that, i turned away form hamish right into the path of a car.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    The car just barely managed to not hit me. I fell on the ground anyway and started crying out that it all just wasn’t fair. The car stopped and the driver stepped out of the car, Davey came running, screaming my name.
  • Options
    as he dropped to the road beside me, the driver called me a name i didn't hear. but davey did. he stood up, pulling me to my feet and turned to the driver and yelled at her. i didn't want to be this close to davey. i pulled my arm from his grasp and started to walk away.

'anna wait up will you. i'll walk you home.'

he wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling my into his body.

'you know being hit by a car isn't the way i thought you'd die.'

should i ask him how he envisaged my death? no, now was not the time to be confrontational.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    What a week you're having. You had me scared there Anna, lucky for you he didn't hit you over. I guess you had enough of hospital food for awhile. He kept on talking so there wouldn't fall an awkward silence, but he didn't say anything.
  • Options
    when we got to my place, i didn't want davey to leave. he was hesitant to leave, so i figured i'd take a chance.

'thanks for walking me home davey. listen i think it's time we settled things.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Yeah I think it is, he spoke softly staring at his feet. Can I get something to drink? He walked of into the kitchen escaping the moment.
  • Options
    standing at the balcony doors when davey emerged from the kitchen, which in reality was just an alcove hidden behind a wooden screen, i watched as he paused in front of the painting i had done of him. actually it was one of several, but this one was the latest. it was the one i was working on when i ended up in hospital the other week. i saw a slight smile before he turned to face me.

' i always loved watching you work anna. it was as if i was privy to what was inside your mind. and those times when you wouldn't talk to me for whatever reason all i had to do was watch you work. the more you hurt, the more abstract your work became. and the more abstract you became the more distant you became. it'd turn me on, watching you. but then you wouldn't let me touch you and that hurt me.'

god what was i thinking. he was saying all the right things. letting him talk wasn't getting us separate lives. i turned away and stared out at the city lights. when i felt davey's hand on my back i closed my eyes to ward him off. it had to end. and it had to end tonight.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    He took my hands into his and said he knew. I guess he did know just as well as I did. Who would make the first step to opening up the subject. I couldn’t the right words that was for sure. We stood there for a while when he kissed my hands before speaking.
    I know what has to happen here Anna. I know and it pains me so. Ever since I laid eyes on you I was in love with you. My heart beats only for you and still that never seems enough. Why weren’t we able to make it work? By then he had pulled me on to the sofa and we sat there both in pain and tears in our eyes. Why weren’t we able to make it work? He repeated the question that had remained unanswered for a few minutes.
  • Options
    'you want the truth davey? what i'm really thinking?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Well I guess I probable know what you will say. I meant why must it end. It's sad to see something so beautiful die in front of your eyes. But alright let me have it then Anna. What did I do wrong?
  • Options
    'you didn't do anything wrong. god why would you even say that?'

he made it so hard sometimes. practically daring me to placate him by reassuring him it wasn't him, putting all the blame back on myself. well this time he doesn't realise just how close to the mark that is.

'the other week when you found me; that was a mistake. i had no intention of ending up in the hospital. the next time there will be no mistake. that's why i can't have you around davey. i don't want you saving me or thinking you owe me something. and i don't want to start thinking i owe you anything because i'm alive. and that's what i'm thinking right now. that i owe you and that because of that, i disappoint you.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    You don't disappoint me Anna. I know you and I know the life you have had. I couldn't think of anyone I hold in higher regard. I love you Anna and even though I agree we'd be better of to not see each other right now, I will keep on loving you.
  • Options
    i stood up, practically falling backwards over the wooden chest i use for a coffee table.

'you can't be saying that stuff to me. i don't want you love me. i want you to leave me alone. i want to be alone. don't you get that. i'm tired of people. it takes all my energy just to get out of bed in the mornings. i can't have you inside my head telling me you love me.'

i was losing my mind that's what it felt like. i don't know whether it was shock of almost being run over, or davey being here or hamish trying to play me. or all three, but whatever it was it wasn't going anywhere and it was doing me no good.

'i need you to leave davey. please.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Al right Anna I'll leave if you wish. But ...,but.....,I want it to end in beauty. And I couldn't tell you that my love for you is gone without lying.
    I just thought we could at least have a nice time while we bury our love. It wouldn't be so rotten to hold the shovel that way. A last night of remembering our love before we say goodbye. But if you want me to leave, I’ll go.
  • Options
    i just wanted to hit him. he wasn't getting it at all. all this talk about love. he was such a girl.

'remembering our love? you've got to be kidding me davey. i don't want to remember. i want you gone from my life. f-o-r-e-v-e-r. you want to prove your love for me or something. prove it by leaving. that's what you can do right now.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Come on Anna why do you always have to pick a fight. Be honest and see the situation before you. We will break up and never get back together. We tried it before don't you remember. It went something like you're making it now. You'll be left hurting if I leave this way. And we'll end up meeting again and again. Lets just enjoy some last moments together and do this properly without rising new issues.
  • Options
    Come on Anna why do you always have to pick a fight. Be honest and see the situation before you. We will break up and never get back together. We tried it before don't you remember. It went something like you're making it now. You'll be left hurting if I leave this way. And we'll end up meeting again and again. Lets just enjoy some last moments together and do this properly without rising new issues.
  • Options
    'new issues? what new issues davey? you are not listening to me. that is not a new issue. i know you want some sort of closure but i can't give you it the way you want. i thought we could do this. i thought i could do it. but i can't. you have to go right now, like this. no looking back. no hanging around trying to get answers i can't give you. i do know this is forever, but it can't be, if you want some conversation about where we went wrong or what we could have done to save our relationship. i'll make it simple for you. there is nothing you could say, no way you could analyse it to your satisfaction. you know that. you're the logic king. and this isn't logical. it's me needing to be away from you. from everyone right now. can you please see that?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I could do that and see you next week. Because that will happen if we leave it like this. Maybe not though, maybe you’ll just sit here feeling sorry for yourself. But hey, if you can’t just end this and you have to be confrontational, I’ll go.
    I guess it’s to tough on you to say goodbye. It feels so much better kicking everyone around you doesn’t it Anna. Why say goodbye if you can hurt me instead.
  • Options
    i am not going to stand here and listen to him talk in circles. i started towards the front door. i didn't look back. if davey wasn't going to leave then i would.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say