Options

Into the Wild LP Distribution

Comments

• Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    ZAPPER wrote:
    Anyone else having problem(s) with an order from AE for ITW vinyl?

My tracking status says :

Status Date
    Not Sent 16 Jan 2008
    Review order 22 Jan 2008

I emailed them politely for an update on my order with no response from them, and they already took my money from paypal. Are these guys going to just not send out to some people and not even let them know or refund the money? I could file a complaint, but thats probably what AE wants so they can cancel as many as possible. Like someone else said, any little reason to cancel someones order. I may just have to head down to santa monica and deal with this face to face. I am growing tired of their shadiness
    I didn't receive mine until yesterday here in Oregon. It was in perfect condition! They took extra time to package it nicely!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Mine also has rip on the top, but i still love it. So sorry for the problems others are having with ae.

Really, that's odd, I have no idea how that would have happened. It kinda sucks. This thing looks like I bought it from the dollar bin at my local record store. Stupid Canada Post can't understand what FRAGILE means. i doubt ae will be able to replace it. Oh well at least the to record itself seems to be in one piece.
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Options
    sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    Manimal wrote:
    Okay I just got my record last night from these guys and it was in terrible condition. All the corners where banged to shit and there was huge rip along the top. I know it was the shipping company that did this, but this sucks. I emailed them to let them know. Has anyone had this issue or know of what I can do? I'm hoping they got insurance and I can exchange it possibly..

I got mine from Aural Exploits and same problem with the corners. Also, the Helen Stellar vinyl is stained with black stuff, but i think this is just because of the low production. Anyone else have the same problem with the single?
  • Options
    ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Zod wrote:
    I think you'd have a hard time exchanging it, as its so limited edition, that AE was already canceling orders because they allowed too many orders.

I'm in Edmonton, hopefully mine arrives ok... was it a shoddy box they shipped it in? Usually vinyl mailers will keep it in tact.. albeit someones a corner gets a little scrunched in, but usually its enough to protect the contents.

The box was pretty high quality. Although when I've bought records from other places they do use a bubble wrap sleeve. Yeah usually a corner get dinged here or there but this was a bit much. i think the Postmen where playign frisbee with it or something.

My Helen Stellar record was in fine shape..
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    looks like theres an indie record shop selling ITW vinyls on the bay for $145 - and he s already sold more than one. Sucks for any peoples that went over to his store to buy it that couldnt

So who thinks the prices will go up any higher? or will they take a nose dive in a month?
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    ZAPPER wrote:
    looks like theres an indie record shop selling ITW vinyls on the bay for $145 - and he s already sold more than one.

So who thinks the prices will go up any higher? or will they take a nose dive in a month?

I dont know about the nose dive to be honest with you, but right now there is like 21 or 22 copies available I doubt they will all sell for $150
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    ZAPPER wrote:
    looks like theres an indie record shop selling ITW vinyls on the bay for $145 - and he s already sold more than one.

Bastard.

I don't think they will go much higher any time soon. I think if people keep finding them steadily in shops, the price will at least stay the same. I don't think it is going to much higher in the future. I think it might slip the minds of some people who want it and it might go down a bit.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    I remember the day of the 10c presale, they were already up on ebay for buy it now price of $69.99, and that seller obviouslyhad more than 8, his next batch went up a few days later for 99.99 BIN. I guess $69.99 would be a steal considering demand today is still around 150
  • Options
    Im gonna go check a few shops over here in berkeley - if i find any I'll be sure to let youall know where. the way this crazy thing is i prob wont have any luck tho
  • Options
    No luck at Amoeba Berkeley or Rasputin.
  • Options
    mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    sj.brodie wrote:
    I got mine from Aural Exploits and same problem with the corners. Also, the Helen Stellar vinyl is stained with black stuff, but i think this is just because of the low production. Anyone else have the same problem with the single?

I finally got mine from AE yesterday. I have a bit of a tear along the top edge of the ITW cover. Corners look fine though. I'm happy.

My single looks fine - maybe a little extra plastic shit hanging off the edges but otherwise fine. Mine is # 020/300.

Can't wait to get the Cat Stevens Harold and Maude soundtrack from AE on vinyl next - hopefully today!!
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • Options
    Should be cramming, got a test at 3. But, I just got a call from a friend. She made some calls to local record shops in Tampa, Florida. And for those that live in the area, they have the ITW vinyl at Vinyl Fever on Henderson for $39.99. Apparently, those fools jacked up the price since they knew demand was high. She wanted to buy more than one, but they wouldn't let her and said they still had a few copies left.

My copy FINALLY came in today from 10C. And its a beauty. DHL shipping is so slow....but it came in undamaged. Thanks 10C for a good price on a great product.

This probably was already answered, but I'm a little lazy to search. Are the ones from 10C identical to the ones sold in stores?
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    FrankBauer wrote:
    This probably was already answered, but I'm a little lazy to search. Are the ones from 10C identical to the ones sold in stores?
    yes :)
  • Options
    FrankBauer wrote:
    And for those that live in the area, they have the ITW vinyl at Vinyl Fever on Henderson for $39.99. Apparently, those fools jacked up the price since they knew demand was high. She wanted to buy more than one, but they wouldn't let her and said they still had a few copies left.

Just talked to Lee. They sold out.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    UndieTaker wrote:

sorry to be off-topic but your username always makes me chuckle!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    UndieTaker wrote:

dang that was fast. i was going to offer after my test (damn i should be studying more), that if anyone needed one, i could try to pick one up. but sold out already...
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    sorry to be off-topic but your username always makes me chuckle!! :D

That's what it's there for. :)

• Options
    Zod wrote:
    Got mine from AE as well. Same tear as other people have mentioned on the very top. Other then that its in good condition.

I wonder what caused the tare, it was in a plastic sleeve with bubble wrap in a fairly sturdy cardboard box.. I could understand corners getting crushed, but for something to cause a tear through all that. wierd.
    same here
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    Is anyone else ticked-off about the "select distribution" and now, perhaps, an artificial demand for a vinyl copy of "Into the Wild"? For those of us who want to LISTEN to the soundtrack's beauty through the clarity of vinyl, we are faced with a scalper's paradise. I will not succomb to Ebay.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Zod wrote:
    Hmm they must of been damaged when they were shipped to AE. It would explain them all having the same defect.
    the tear is obviously caused by the disc itself sliding into the top..must have been shacked quite badly somewhere along the line..and probably also somthing about the quality of the paper.

we'll see if the 10c ones end up the same way..
  • Options
    Thought I had one, went through check out and everything then a week later, got the email saying they over sold them, and I wouldn't be getting one. What a Bummer.
  • Options
    I think my ITW vinyl from 10C finally arrived!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    already ?
    two weeks after it was sent ?!
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    already ?
    two weeks after it was sent ?!

Well..... I think so.
    I was told there's a package at home with Fragile on it and it looks like it could
    be a record. I don't think Im expecting anything else.

Let you know tonight!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Well..... I think so.
    I was told there's a package at home with Fragile on it and it looks like it could
    be a record. I don't think Im expecting anything else.

Let you know tonight!!
    awesome !
    So, I may expect mine soon... :D
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options

Sorry, false alarm.

It was a Vitalogy vinyl that i ordered a couple of days ago.
    Never thought it would arrive this quick.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Sorry, false alarm.

It was a Vitalogy vinyl that i ordered a couple of days ago.
    Never thought it would arrive this quick.
    where from? :D
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    I'm disappointed you chose to distribute through AuralExploits. I was ripped off by AE when I purchased The Who's Endless Wire on vinyl throught AE's ebay store.

Item never arrived, AE told me shipments to Canada take 6-8 weeks, at which point I was unable to file a complaint with ebay or Paypal. Seller refused any responsibility for the item.

I'd never buy another item from AuralExploits based on that one piss poor experience.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    FrankBauer wrote:
    But, I just got a call from a friend. She made some calls to local record shops in Tampa, Florida. And for those that live in the area, they have the ITW vinyl at Vinyl Fever on Henderson for $39.99. Apparently, those fools jacked up the price since they knew demand was high.
    When I called last week I was told that they'd have to see what the "going rate" is on them and would probably be "in the triple digits". I said, "well nevermind because at that rate I'm not doing any better for myself than simply just going on Ebay and spending "triple digits", than having to sit back and wait for you to conjure up an increased price based on internet auction history."
  • Options
    well no beef with AE here in Sweden, got it a couple of weeks ago in great condition, cheaper than 10C, too! Ill recommend them !!!
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28