Options

Into the Wild LP Distribution

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Posted at http://www.auralexploits.com:

Due to the extremely limited availability of this release, orders initially placed are being reviewed and are subject to being reduced to one copy per order per our terms for limited edition releases. Once this process has been completed, any copies becoming available will be offered for sale at a strict limit of one copy per customer at the original sale price of $20.00.

Notice will be posted 24 hours prior to the remaining copies becoming available for sale.

I'm assuming there will be some unhappy people ... but I'm glad some others will be able to have a shot at getting one at retail :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Posted at http://www.auralexploits.com:

Due to the extremely limited availability of this release, orders initially placed are being reviewed and are subject to being reduced to one copy per order per our terms for limited edition releases. Once this process has been completed, any copies becoming available will be offered for sale at a strict limit of one copy per customer at the original sale price of $20.00.

Notice will be posted 24 hours prior to the remaining copies becoming available for sale.

Posted at http://www.auralexploits.com

These remaining copies will now be available for sale from 12:00 PM PST (3:00PM EST) on Monday, January 21st, 2008.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    I'm assuming there will be some unhappy people ...
    If they are unhappy because they won't have 2 copies, then let them be unhappy. Most of the people won't even have one.
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    pantelis79 wrote:
    If they are unhappy because they won't have 2 copies, then let them be unhappy. Most of the people won't even have one.

I agree with that :)
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,153
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    I'm seeing 14 copies

Yeah that is actually 14 copies and i wouldn't be surprised is that's a record store owner that happened to get the ITW LP and realized he would make more profit by selling them on Ebay for $150 a pop rather than at retail... I'm just guessing of course.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,153
    Quantity: 7 available
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    mine has shipped from Aural Exploits
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Quantity: 7 available
    Maybe he already sold the other 6 (kept one for himself, of course!).
  • Options
    My Aural Exploits order I placed Monday has shipped.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with my local record store about getting a copy of the ITW vinyl. He said they would be getting it in but the kicker is that they would be selling it for $100. His reasoning was that the vinyl is selling for $150 on e-bay. I think that is complete BS. I don't know why they can't sell if for retail.
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with my local record store about getting a copy of the ITW vinyl. He said they would be getting it in but the kicker is that they would be selling it for $100. His reasoning was that the vinyl is selling for $150 on e-bay. I think that is complete BS. I don't know why they can't sell if for retail.

WOW! That's fucked up.... I guess they can sell it at whatever price they want but that's really fucked up.
  • Options
    That sucks. Still, I'd rather they made the money than you did when you sell it on ebay (as a hypothetical case). The problem is knowing who's buying it to on sell and who's not.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141

Hey come on ...if you lay out $100 you can still make $50 on the flip! :) .....and if you are still tight for cash you can really fucke em with the shipping cost .....to get you margin up on the flipski!!! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Hey come on ...if you lay out $100 you can still make $50 on the flip! :) .....and if you are still tight for cash you can really fucke em with the shipping cost .....to get you margin up on the flipski!!! :p

I wouldn't count on that though. Once more stores start getting them ebay is going to be flooded and the price will likely go down.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    UndieTaker wrote:
    I wouldn't count on that though. Once more stores start getting them ebay is going to be flooded and the price will likely go down.
    I don't think there's enough of the damn thing to ever 'flood' the market.. according to my contact Vinyl shop, it's VERY limited..once you've taken out the 10c and Aural Exploits ones..not many left and it seems some 'independent' shops are turning eBay scalpers on the ones they get (the 14 copy one on ebay was most certainly a retailer)
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Oops... misinterpreted response...
  • Options
    I just recieved an email Aural Expliots, informing me that my order for ITW (that was comfirmed and payment was accepted) is now cancelled!!!!!!!!! What a fuckin business! I was expecting an email to inform me of an item sipped or a tracking number, not a cancelled order!. I emailed them, telling them that my payment process was delayed because THEIR site crashed, yet I still recieved two emails confirming my order. NICE JOB AURAL EXPLIOTS!!
  • Options
    I just recieved an email Aural Expliots, informing me that my order for ITW (that was comfirmed and payment was accepted) is now cancelled!!!!!!!!! What a fuckin business! I was expecting an email to inform me of an item sipped or a tracking number, not a cancelled order!. I emailed them, telling them that my payment process was delayed because THEIR site crashed, yet I still recieved two emails confirming my order. NICE JOB AURAL EXPLIOTS!!

I got the same email. Bullshit!! F**k Aural Expliots!!!!!
  • Options
    I got the same email. Bullshit!! F**k Aural Expliots!!!!!

that suxorz.

i guess this means the release really is limitidz?

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    I got the same one, maybe they are selling them on ebay now...?
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Just got mine from AE out of the mailbox and have a question....did anyone else receive a Helen Stellar limited edition blue vinyl record that is marked Incredibely rare on it.Mine is #043 out of 300... and also, I'm not sure if I want to tear the seal on the plastic covering mine, is a booklet included with your album? Is it the exact same thing we would have received from the 10C???
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    yahamita wrote:
    Just got mine from AE out of the mailbox and have a question....did anyone else receive a Helen Stellar limited edition blue vinyl record that is marked Incredibely rare on it. and also, I'm not sure if I want to tear the seal on the plastic covering mine, is a booklet included with your album? Is it the exact same thing we would have received from the 10C???

In the other ITW vinyl thread people are talking about receiving the HELEN STELLAR numbered vinyl. That's another album released by Cameron Crowe's Vinyl Films label.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    UndieTaker wrote:
    In the other ITW vinyl thread people are talking about receiving the HELEN STELLAR numbered vinyl. That's another album released by Cameron Crowe's Vinyl Films label.
    Cool...thanks..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    Anyone else having problem(s) with an order from AE for ITW vinyl?

My tracking status says :

Status Date
    Not Sent 16 Jan 2008
    Review order 22 Jan 2008

I emailed them politely for an update on my order with no response from them, and they already took my money from paypal. Are these guys going to just not send out to some people and not even let them know or refund the money? I could file a complaint, but thats probably what AE wants so they can cancel as many as possible. Like someone else said, any little reason to cancel someones order. I may just have to head down to santa monica and deal with this face to face. I am growing tired of their shadiness
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    Well, yesterday has passed and i'm still without a copy of Into The Wild. Does anyone have any clue where I can find one? i called the record stores in NYC and I cant find it. Also, can someone tell me if $60 is a good price to pay? someone wants to sell me one for that price. please let me know. thanks for the help.
    94: 4-6, 96: 10-2, 98: 9-13, 03: 4-29, 7-2, 7-3, 7-8, 7-9, 7-11, 04: 10-1, 05: 10-3, 06: 5-5, 5-13, 5-24, 5-25, 6-1, 6-3, 08: 6-24, 6-25, 6-27, 6-30, 10: 5-15, 5-18, 5-20, 5-21, 12: 9-2, 13: 10-18, 10-19, 10-21, 10-22, 10-25, 10-27
  • Options
    ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Okay I just got my record last night from these guys and it was in terrible condition. All the corners where banged to shit and there was huge rip along the top. I know it was the shipping company that did this, but this sucks. I emailed them to let them know. Has anyone had this issue or know of what I can do? I'm hoping they got insurance and I can exchange it possibly..
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Options
    who did you get it from?
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    Manimal wrote:
    Okay I just got my record last night from these guys and it was in terrible condition. All the corners where banged to shit and there was huge rip along the top. I know it was the shipping company that did this, but this sucks. I emailed them to let them know. Has anyone had this issue or know of what I can do? I'm hoping they got insurance and I can exchange it possibly..
    Mine also has rip on the top, but i still love it. So sorry for the problems others are having with ae.