Options

Into the Wild LP Distribution

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    NMyTree wrote:
    That's interesting because I don't see anything on that site indicating this record is 180 gram. All it say is "Sold Out".

Why hasn't Ten Club ever mentioned it in any of their announcements or stickies?

If 180 gram vinyl is all you wanted (even before this whole situation with the other retailer happened) then it’s your fault for buying something without being certain of what you were buying.

Besides 10C gives refunds without and issue, they even cancel orders before they ship, so if you are so unhappy and feel so mislead … send an email and cancel the order, get your point across and cancel the order don’t just bitch on a message board :rolleyes:

You people have issues!!!! Real serious ones…
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Wow, the 10C announces that there are more very cool LP's of this left at a different location - seemingly really good news for those who got shut out yesterday - and most folks are still bitching and complaining and this or that.

Relax, if you want it, buy it, if you don't, then leave it be.
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    people around here are nuts!!! thanks 10c keep up the great work
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    jeffbr wrote:
    Good stuff! This has been entertaining. I didn't buy one - didn't try either here or aural exploits. I just like that the speculators feel like they didn't win. Real vinyl enthusiasts in this thread, like Animal, seemed happy that others would get a chance to purchase this. The speculators, having secured theirs, are now mad that their "investment" has somehow been devalued. All of you people who got one and are bitching that others get to share in something special should shut the hell up. You people are nothing but greedy speculators, and must be looking to take advantage of other fans. Go collect coins or stamps or posters.

Oh shove it up your ass.

They were dishonest and that is that.

It's not about devalue. It's about getting what you paid for.

Ultimately the whole distribution/exclusivity thing doesn't matter. It's great people can get it through other channels. And while it's still fucked up that they lied; that's not my concern.

I want high quality audiophile grade vinyl and a quality recording. That's it.

The misinformation, lack of acknowledgement of an error and lack of an apology by Tim, speakes for itself. Digest it which ever way you choose.

I just want a high quality audiophile grade vinyl. That's it.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    NMyTree wrote:
    Oh shove it up your ass.

Ultimately the whole distribution/exclusivity thing doesn't matter. It's great people can get it through other channels. And while it's still fucked up that they lied; that's not my concern.

The misinformation, lack of acknowledgement of an error and lack of an apology by Tim, speakes for itself. Digest it which ever way you choose.

Go away :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    phillyfan wrote:
    people around here are nuts!!! thanks 10c keep up the great work

Agreed thanks for 10c
    Someone should start a 10c staff appreciation thread, although it would probably get taken over by all the negative people.
    The Ten Club gives great customer care!
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Options
    If 180 gram vinyl is all you wanted (even before this whole situation with the other retailer happened) then it’s your fault for buying something without being certain of what you were buying.

Besides 10C gives refunds without and issue, they even cancel orders before they ship, so if you are so unhappy and feel so mislead … send an email and cancel the order, get your point across and cancel the order don’t just bitch on a message board :rolleyes:

I sent an e-mail to 10C a week prior to the sale, requesting clarification on the " high quality audiophile grade vinyl". No response.

They themselves claimed this vinyl is "high quality audiophile grade vinyl". I asked for a clarification and some specifics. No response.

So I bought it yesterday on faith. But I still haven't received a response to my e-mail.

That's my only beef, here. Yeah, they were dishonest or misleading (is there a difference?) about distribution and exclusivity. Whatever. That's disappointing, but not really my concern.

Sheesh, what a bunch pf apologists.
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Go away :)

Blow me.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    I sent an e-mail to 10C a week prior to the sale, requesting clarification on the " high quality audiophile grade vinyl". No response.

They themselves claimed this vinyl is "high quality audiophile grade vinyl". I asked for a clarification and some specifics. No response.

So I bought it yesterday on faith. But I still haven't received a response to my e-mail.

That's my only beef, here. Yeah, they were dishonest or misleading (is there a difference?) about distribution and exclusivity. Whatever. That's disappointing, but not really my concern.

chill out man, I think the other site that you could buy it from says 180 gram.
  • Options

Do you have a link? I want it
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    NMyTree wrote:

As far as we know, it's most likely from a digital source. It's 180 gram audiophile vinyl. There won't be many copies out there and if you are not happy with it, I'm sure you can write to the Ten Club about returning it. They aim to please!

Love,
    Kat
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Oh shove it up your ass.

Who said you weren’t getting one?
    I don’t remember Tim saying that now it will be crappy quality…

I think you are bitchin’ for the sake of bitchin’ …. I don’t see what your beef is.

What I think is that you don’t like the fact that “it’s no longer as exclusive as you thought it would be”, and it bugs you that other people have a shot at getting it because other than that you have absolutely no reason to be bitchin’
  • Options
    Do you have a link? I want it
    http://www.auralexploits.com/

was able to buy one this morning, looks like it is now sold out
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Blow me.

How could you be blown??? .........Obviously you have a wang that could only be seen with a microscope and using tweezers!!! :p ....... otherwise you would have more going on in you life than obsessing over 180g vinyl!!! :D

Now go away really!!! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    As far as we know, it's most likely from a digital source. It's 180 gram audiophile vinyl. There won't be many copies out there and if you are not happy with it, I'm sure you can write to the Ten Club about returning it. They aim to please!

Love,
    Kat

AMEN! :)
  • Options
    http://www.auralexploits.com/

was able to buy one this morning, looks like it is now sold out

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Blow me.

How could you be blown??? .........Obviously you have a wang that could only be seen with a microscope and using tweezers!!! :p ....... otherwise you would have more going on in you life than obsessing over 180g vinyl!!! :D

Now go away really!!! :)
  • Options

You're telling me to chill out?

Myself and a few other guys in here are getting nothing but crap for caring about the quality of the vinyl and having the audacity to take Ten Club at their word. How dare we!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    what is wrong with some of you people
  • Options
    Who said you weren’t getting one?

What? What the hell are you talking about? When did I say I wasn't getting one?

What I think is that you don’t like the fact that “it’s no longer as exclusive as you thought it would be”, and it bugs you that other people have a shot at getting it because other than that you have absolutely no reason to be bitchin’

LOL, you 're welcome to think what you want.

But I've made myself very clear here and where my concerns lie. Anything else is your own inability to read and comprehend.
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358

Maybe he would have had more of an idea if more details were given. Maybe if they had gotten in contact with him in the 7 days he claims there were between his email and the sale he wouldn't have to feel mislead. Again, just an observation.

Again with the eye rolling. Sorry us simple folk would like to be sure of what we are spending our hard earned money on, unlike those know-it-alls who can afford to roll their eyes at us at every chance they get.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    What? What the hell are you talking about? When did I say I wasn't getting one?

LOL, you 're welcome to think what you want.

But I've made myself very clear here and where my concerns lie. Anything else is your own inability to read and comprehend.

You said you werent sure you were getting a high quality vinyl...
    so i asked who said you werent getting one? as in "who said you weren't getting a high quality vinyl"? I'm sorry you need things spelled out :rolleyes:
  • Options
    UndieTaker wrote:
    Maybe he would have had more of an idea if more details were given. Maybe if they had gotten in contact with him in the 7 days he claims there were between his email and the sale he wouldn't have to feel mislead. Again, just an observation.

Again with the eye rolling. Sorry us simple folk would like to be sure of what we are spending our hard earned money on, unlike those know-it-alls who can afford to roll their eyes at us at every chance they get.

You keep on talking about hard earned money… I don’t find my money hangin’ on tress… I work hard for it.
    But if some are going to bitch on a message board about how they could have saved themselves $9 in shipping had they known, if $9 makes such a big difference in anyone’s checking account, then they should have not been buying a $20 record to start with…

PS: Besides the fact that they can cancel the order and go look for the album at a record store and save themselves the money on shipping. Problem solved
  • Options
    Kat wrote:

Love,
    Kat

I never said I didn't want it. I was simply inquiring about the specifics of the high quality audiophile grade vinyl.

I'm well aware that not many records these days are sourced from the original analogue master tapes; although some still are. But with Vedder being such a vinyl/analogue guy, I was hoping this Into The Wild LP would be.

I have e-mailed you guys several times for the information (over the last week) and this is the first time I have received a response. So thank you, Kat.

I will wait to hear the LP and see how it sounds. If they took good care in the mastering and pressing; it should sound just fine (although not as good as a well mastered analogue pressing).

But if I am unhappy with it, I will certainly take you up on your offer and policy.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    CUE:
    Elton John

There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
    When the heat of the rolling world can be turned away
    An enchanted moment, and it sees me through
    It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight
    It is where we are
    It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
    That we got this far
    And can you feel the love tonight
    How it's laid to rest
    It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
    Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone if they only learn
    That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
    There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
    When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours

so much love cant you feel it?
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    I for one am ecstatic that I was able to get one through aural exploits today because i totally forgot to leave class early to get mine during the 10c sale yesterday
    :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    You said you werent sure you were getting a high quality vinyl...
    so i asked who said you werent getting one? as in "who said you weren't getting a high quality vinyl"? I'm sorry you need things spelled out :rolleyes:

Um, my point there was that if the information about the distribution and it being a "Ten Club only " item was incorrect; then, there is a very real possibility of other inaccuracies in that very same announcement- regarding the quality of the vinyl.

Sorry I confused you with such a complicated concept.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Um, my point there was that if the information about the distribution and it being a "Ten Club only " item was incorrect; then, there is a very real possibility of other inaccuracies in that very same announcement- regarding the quality of the vinyl.

Sorry I confused you with such a complicated concept.

Im done with this thread...
  • Options
    This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com beginning January 14th, for $20 USD plus shipping, while supplies last.

and on the 14th it was, but the 15th brings new day and new hope....JUST WAIT UNTIL THE 16TH!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)