Into the Wild LP Distribution

Comments

• UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com beginning January 14th, for $20 USD plus shipping, while supplies last.

=

PJ.com has a very limited number of these special vinyls, and PJ.com will be the only site on Jan.14th to sell them.

It's called marketing. But it's effing crappy that 10C has to resort to that. 10C knew other places were going to have the same exact versions. Don't be fooled.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I'll just take my chances that the local shop will have a copy on the 29th.

The hysteria around here is a bit too much.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    UndieTaker wrote:
    This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com beginning January 14th, for $20 USD plus shipping, while supplies last.

=

PJ.com has a very limited number of these special vinyls, and PJ.com will be the only site on Jan.14th to sell them.

It's called marketing. But it's effing crappy that 10C has to resort to that. 10C knew other places were going to have the same exact versions. Don't be fooled.

How do you know, for fact, that they knew that another place was taking orders now?

Someone else brought this to their attention, obviously, and they had to straighten this out.

That we need to give 10c some credit.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    this is in another thread about this....
    Kat wrote:
    We thank you for your patience while we verified that this link was a legitimate retailer. Carry on, vinyl lovers.
  • Blame the record company not the fan club:D
    the Minions
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Awesome! Now everyone should be able to get this special release!!!!

This is good news people!!!
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    cutback wrote:
    this is in another thread about this....

Thank you!

I rest my case!

:p
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    BUT

ONLY available at pj.com in VERY limited supply.

so then its no longer that good of an item? is that what you are saying?

I buy vinyl to play it not so that I can flip it on Ebay for a profit because it was SOOO exclusive and I dont buy things either to brag about it years later.. but some do?

Hmmm ... so I guess I still dont understand what the problem is.. order cancellation for whoever is unhappy is always a prossibility, no?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    UndieTaker wrote:

Absolutely!

I can't even get a response to my questions. I e-mailed them yesterday with the exact same questions, as just asked in my previous post.....no response.

I want my vinyl that I ordered yestersday, no doubt about, it I do.

But it is very disappointing no one can clarify and answer my questions.
  • For sale again in goods section
    the Minions
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Awesome! Now everyone should be able to get this special release!!!!

This is good news people!!!

Couldn't agree more!!! :D
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    NMyTree wrote:

And how does the vinyl I bought yesterday, differ from the mass-market release of this album, on January 29th; that makes it " high-grade audiophile vinyl.. "?

"

It's not different.... and Tim already clarified that its not exclusive to the 10C on the first post of this thread
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Get_Right wrote:
    Id be a little pissed to.
    The 10c did say it was limited 10c-only item-and its not.
    Thats misleading, and an outright lie actually.
    People relied on that representation in making the purchase, now non-members can get it other places, and cheaper too.
    I generally support the 10c, but they were not honest with the members in this instance. That stinks.
    this does leave a bad taste in my mouth.....all the other stuff thats happened in the past.....I understood and could see happening...and 10 club has done so much for me.......I hope they tell us what happened.. Course......I could be holding 10 C to a higher order....kind of like I hold the band...unfairly for sure....

peace.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • For sale again in goods section

yeah...i just happened to click on it, and it said Buy. so I did. and it was out of stock right after check out.

my day is complete.

thank you 10c.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    Its funny (and not like a clown) that when people are so upset about missing out, then suddenly another avenue to obtain the record shows up, and rather than much rejoicing that they can now buy the record, all that ensues is further bitching.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    IamMine wrote:
    How do you know, for fact, that they knew that another place was taking orders now?

Someone else brought this to their attention, obviously, and they had to straighten this out.

That we need to give 10c some credit.

I didn't say they knew another place was going to take orders. I was saying they knew other places were going to sell it, but that they knew they would be the only ones to sell it yesterday.

10C is not out of the loop on anything. They know how limited things are and where else the items will be sold. They are like any company trying to sell you something. They word it perfectly so that you think THEIRS it the one to buy right when they have it available for sale. Again, it's marketing.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,719
    callen wrote:
    this does leave a bad taste in my mouth.....all the other stuff thats happened in the past.....I understood and could see happening...and 10 club has done so much for me.......I hope they tell us what happened.. Course......I could be holding 10 C to a higher order....kind of like I hold the band...unfairly for sure....

peace.

well ive been corrected it was never was 10c members only, but they did make it seem like that this site was the only place to get it-which is not true
    UndieTaker wrote:

Of course, because they did it on purpose right? :rolleyes:
    UndieTaker wrote:

10C is not out of the loop on anything. They know how limited things are and where else the items will be sold.

and you know this because.....? You work for them?
    Poncier wrote:
    Its funny (and not like a clown) that when people are so upset about missing out, then suddenly another avenue to obtain the record shows up, and rather than much rejoicing that they can now buy the record, all that ensues is further bitching.

it's pathetic if you ask me....!
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    Poncier wrote:

Good point the first group is bitching because they missed out ........then when more go on sale second group is bitching because they got it but now it might not be worth as many $$$'s!!! :rolleyes: .....Otherwise why would they not be happy that others could also get it!!! :confused:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    Blame the record company not the fan club:D

Blame Stone...~

:D
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

Of course, because they did it on purpose right? :rolleyes:

and you know this because.....? You work for them?

Ugh. Marketing is done on purpose. So, yes.

I studied business. So, no, I don't work for them, but I can see the way they worded everything was a bit misleading.

I'm not crapping on 10C. I just think they should just be honest with us. They know more than they let on. They are the official PJ fan club. You think they get a box of records in the mail with no explanation about how many there really are and who else will be selling them?

You apologists are ridiculous. Don't roll your eyes at me because I made a valid observation.

• gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,560
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Good point the first group is bitching because they missed out ........then when more go on sale second group is bitching because they got it but now it might not be worth as many $$$'s!!! :rolleyes: .....Otherwise why would they not be happy that others could also get it!!! :confused:

its a disease and theyre all green....
    I got the record today and couldnt be more happier! I dont care what it is worth im just a huge fan of the album and movie!
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    thanks TIM...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• memememe Posts: 4,695

only there on the 14th. At other places later on :p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,719
    UndieTaker wrote:

I studied business. So, no, I don't work for them, but I can see the way they worded everything was a bit misleading.

I'm not crapping on 10C. I just think they should just be honest with us. They know more than they let on. They are the official PJ fan club. You think they get a box of records in the mail with no explanation about how many there really are and who else will be selling them?

You apologists are ridiculous. Don't roll your eyes at me because I made a valid observation.

I think you have a valid point

They do have their finger on everything-but hey mistakes do happen.

Maybe they did think they had the entire allotment of limited editions-but you would think they have control over this type of stuff.

I got one today, I am happy.
  • NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    UndieTaker wrote:

Ain't that the truth.

They definitely misled everyone.

But my main concern is that I wanted the high quality audiophile grade vinyl. That's what I wanted! I want quality vinyl and good sound.

Now, since they were deceptive in their announcement; I don't know if I can trust this to be high quality audiophile grade vinyl. For all I know I may receive some crappy 120 gram vinyl with a bunch of dust and other crap all stuck to the vinyl.
    Get_Right wrote:
    I think you have a valid point

They do have their finger on everything-but hey mistakes do happen.

Maybe they did think they had the entire allotment of limited editions-but you would think they have control over this type of stuff.

I got one today, I am happy.

Thank you.

If they thought they had all of the limited vinyls, and were wrong, they should openly admit it and offer an apology and refunds to those who don't want them. I'm personally not mad about that since I don't collect for the value, and I want it no matter if it was 1/100 or 1/10,000.

There's no need to be misleading. Hardcore fans are going to buy whatever they sell regardless of how limited they are.

• chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    think I got the last one at tenclub.com......there's only 68 left at aural exploits!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,478
    NMyTree wrote:
    Ain't that the truth.

They definitely misled everyone.

But my main concern is that I wanted the high quality audiophile grade vinyl. That's what I wanted! I want quality vinyl and good sound.

Now, since they were deceptive in their announcement; I don't know if I can trust this to be high quality audiophile grade vinyl. For all I know I may receive some crappy 120 gram vinyl with a bunch of dust and other crap all stuck to the vinyl.

Damn, too bad you don't have the right to refuse to buy the album. It must be tough living with such a burden.

If you don't trust them, STOP giving them your custom.