Options

Into the Wild LP Distribution

Comments

• Options
    "The release will be celebrated with an exclusive Ten Club pre-sale beginning January 14th at 10am Pacific.
    Initially released digitally and in compact disc format, Into The Wild has been recorded on to high-grade audiophile vinyl. The vinyl release includes an extended version of the album track "The Wolf", plus a bonus 7-inch single with both studio and live versions of the track "No More", a 28-page full color booklet with lyrics and exclusive liner notes by Director Sean Penn. This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com beginning January 14th, for $20 USD plus shipping, while supplies last."

If you read carefully, there is no part of this that is a lie. New music is released on Tuesdays, and 10C was merely offering a pre-order on Monday. They are not obligated to state that there will be further releases via different outlets (although they undoubtedly knew). As far as it being available only at pearljam.com on the 14th, they were right. It doesn't say anything about the 15th.......Its the music business and its all about the spin.

Also, for people bashing on others b/c they are worried the record will be worth less, you're wrong and its a legit concern. "Go collect coins or stamps".....what!?!?! Vinyl collecting and selling is a business and like any other, you like to know what your investment is worth. If you're only concerned about "the music", then go put on your head phones and listen to whatever joy division re-issue you just picked up. Pretend you like it. Pretend that music isn't a business. Pretend that your band is going to make it because you don't sell out and play what you want. Then pretend you're getting me my coffee......
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com

There is the misleading information.
    .......Its the music business and its all about the spin.

We expect it from the record companies and the media but not the 10C

Simply, they forgot how obsessive and selfish we can be when it comes to limited vinyl
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Also, for people bashing on others b/c they are worried the record will be worth less, you're wrong and its a legit concern. "Go collect coins or stamps".....what!?!?! Vinyl collecting and selling is a business and like any other, you like to know what your investment is worth. If you're only concerned about "the music", then go put on your head phones and listen to whatever joy division re-issue you just picked up. Pretend you like it. Pretend that music isn't a business. Pretend that your band is going to make it because you don't sell out and play what you want. Then pretend you're getting me my coffee......

Believe or not, there Cynicalpants McGee, some people actually buy records to listen to. And those of us that do don't like the fact that this mentality drives up the price of vinyl. So you can sit at your house and stare at vinyl still wrapped in plastic and pretend you enjoy it, and I'll listen to my sweet-ass records and actually enjoy it.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i'm selling this puppy on ebay!

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

I totally agree except for the last part covers their butt....This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com beginning January 14th.
    Technically it was only available at pearljam.com beginning on the 14th. I guess the business is getting weirder and weirder each day.

Simply, they forgot how obsessive and selfish we can be when it comes to limited vinyl

And as far as not listening to the vinyl....oh, I listen and enjoy some of the rarest possible, but I also sell when I can or need. When that happens, I get people complaining b/c they have to pay more than $100 for an original jayhawks bunkhouse when unfortunately its worth a whole lot more. Its not my fault they can't afford it. And for the record....I am gonna listen to the hell outta this thing. I was merely pointing out that there is a business aspect involved
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Get_Right wrote:

There was no intent to mislead though...it was simply wording that wasn't what they meant to say. Hopefully you'll understand that too.

Love,
    Kat
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    You keep on talking about hard earned money… I don’t find my money hangin’ on tress… I work hard for it.
    But if some are going to bitch on a message board about how they could have saved themselves $9 in shipping had they known, if $9 makes such a big difference in anyone’s checking account, then they should have not been buying a $20 record to start with…

PS: Besides the fact that they can cancel the order and go look for the album at a record store and save themselves the money on shipping. Problem solved

I keep talking about hard earned money, yet I mentioned it once? Nice exaggeration.

You are not responding to what I said, you are responding to other people. I didn't mention anything about shipping costs.

Thanks for wasting this space and bandwidth for nothing.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Kat wrote:
    There was no intent to mislead though...it was simply wording that wasn't what they meant to say. Hopefully you'll understand that too.

Love,
    Kat

I understand and appreciate your response.

and VERY happy to have bought one today

now about those tour dates

;)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Kat wrote:

Love,
    Kat

THANK YOU, kat. i needed to hear that :D. i understand.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    Kat wrote:

Love,
    Kat

Kat,

those that chose to understand when they were unsure have done so, thankfully,...those who are just trying to ruffle feathers and shit-disturb, well not even you can appease them :)

after all the bullshit you've had to deal with in this thread, i think you've earned your coffee break lol,...does Kat take coffee breaks? :P
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Kat wrote:

Love,
    Kat

Totally agree......I don't think anyone was trying to pull a fast one. Its not like they are making a ton of money off this LP. They did a day early pre-sale as a favor to fans. That's more than a lot of bands will give their fans now a days.

No one is making a ton of money off this (except for maybe a select few ebayers). Its a boutique item that is meant for true fans of both the music and the medium. They also only allowed 1 per customer, so they were in fact trying to control the ebay factor.

Let's not forget.......This is the band that finally took a stand against ticketmaster, and it wasn't for their own good. It was for the fans......
  • Options
    This fanbase has some of the biggest whiners I have ever encountered. Some of you people really need to take a long hard look at yourselves especially if for ONE second you think this band (and their staff) doesn't always put the fans first. Seriously children, go get therapy, exercise or something that will help you stop being such dicks. I don’t know how some of you tolerate yourselves.

OK, rant over.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    This fanbase has some of the biggest whiners I have ever encountered. Some of you people really need to take a long hard look at yourselves especially if for ONE second you think this band (and their staff) doesn't always put the fans first. Seriously children, go get therapy, exercise or something that will help you stop being such dicks. I don’t know how some of you tolerate yourselves.

OK, rant over.

i didn't think anything would/could cause me to change my view that U2's hardcore fanbase has to include some of the biggest whiners, but i've inched EVER so closer,...

"it's not the band i hate, it's their fans,..." - "Coax Me" by Sloan (local shout-out)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436

OK, rant over.

I saw the Foo Fighters do a small club show yesterday morning, and Dave Grohl commented about/mocked members of the Foos message board who constantly complain about the bands' set lists....was quite the laugh!
  • Options
    This is funny to read. Some of you people are making me feel embarrassed to consider myself a Pearl Jam fan. I love the idea that this whole debacle came from some sort of conspiracy deep within the secret walls of the Ten Club. Do you really think they sat there and thought about ways to rip off their fans? If they really wanted to make some money, they'd sell the same record for $100 a pop and call it a limited edition because most of you would still go out and buy it, then start a new thread bragging about how low your number is. If you're not happy with a company or it's product, you don't have to give them your money. It's pretty simple.
    And for those of you claiming to be buying the record for the music and not because it's a limited edition, give me a fucking break. Yes, i agree that it is about the music, but don't act like you don't understand why some people put some stock into collecting rare shit for the sake of collecting. If it's so much about the music for you, then why even buy this record? Don't CD's have better sound quality? They're much cheaper too!
    Do us all a favor and stop being such a hypocrite. Get a fucking life. Or a job so you have something else to do besides bitch and complain on here.
    92xxx
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    This thread started out with good intentions...and now it makes me not want to be a Pearl Jam fan anymore, lest people think I am dissatisfied, hard-to-please, suspicious, paranoid, and not the least bit happy with the band or their products....(and for some reason, I've only experienced this with Pearl Jam fans...other band fan clubs were never like this...and that makes me quite sad for the band...

They offer these things to us to be NICE to us. The pre-sale for 10C members was for us to secure a copy (as limited as they were). Very considerate of them. There was no promise of one copy available for each member...such is life...This isn't a Christmas single...

What I've seen in the past couple of years on this board, is people getting snarly and rangy at the 10C for such minor things. This sense of entitlement - it's ugly. And to think that they would EVER intentionally mislead you...that blows my mind...and also the fact that people don't realize that Pearl Jam LLC is a for profit business, to me that seems strange. What they do with their music and their products is completely up to the band/managment, and if they want to distribute things a certain way....accept it. That's how it is. There does not always have to be a why. It just is.

The fans wanted a vinyl ITW, the wish was granted, and now people just want to argue semantics and syntax...I have to shake my head.

Anyway, congrats to those who got the album and are appreciative of it and the opportunity to acquire it. And good for those folks who have nice things to say...

Thanks...(end of rant)
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Kat wrote:

Love,
    Kat

That's nice to hear. Thanks for the clarification.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    This thread started out with good intentions...and now it makes me not want to be a Pearl Jam fan anymore, lest people think I am dissatisfied, hard-to-please, suspicious, paranoid, and not the least bit happy with the band or their products....(and for some reason, I've only experienced this with Pearl Jam fans...other band fan clubs were never like this...and that makes me quite sad for the band...

They offer these things to us to be NICE to us. The pre-sale for 10C members was for us to secure a copy (as limited as they were). Very considerate of them. There was no promise of one copy available for each member...such is life...This isn't a Christmas single...

What I've seen in the past couple of years on this board, is people getting snarly and rangy at the 10C for such minor things. This sense of entitlement - it's ugly. And to think that they would EVER intentionally mislead you...that blows my mind...and also the fact that people don't realize that Pearl Jam LLC is a for profit business, to me that seems strange. What they do with their music and their products is completely up to the band/managment, and if they want to distribute things a certain way....accept it. That's how it is. There does not always have to be a why. It just is.

The fans wanted a vinyl ITW, the wish was granted, and now people just want to argue semantics and syntax...I have to shake my head.

Anyway, congrats to those who got the album and are appreciative of it and the opportunity to acquire it. And good for those folks who have nice things to say...

Thanks...(end of rant)

well said. see below for 10C complaint dept.'s phone number hehe :)

• Options

And to think that they would EVER intentionally mislead you...that blows my mind...and also the fact that people don't realize that Pearl Jam LLC is a for profit business, to me that seems strange. What they do with their music and their products is completely up to the band/managment, and if they want to distribute things a certain way....accept it. That's how it is. There does not always have to be a why. It just is.

I don't think misleading was totally intentional, as in anyone was going to be ripped off. But the way the announcement was worded it did sound like the "limited edition" version was only going to be available through 10C. So that would be misleading to some. If I'm not mistaken, weren't the "Man Of The Hour" and "The Molo Sessions" cd's labeled as "limited edition" as well?

They can distribute whatever they want however they want. But I would expect 10C to be more honest about something that a record store, a retailer, or someone on ebay.

And really if you don't want to be a PJ fan just because a few people were upset over something, that's really sad and unfortunate that you care more about what people on a message board say than about a band that has given you so much.

• Options
    comment withdrawn.
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    yesterday i thought i missed out on this sale...but thankfully today i got to the aural exploits website in time to snag up 3 of these bad boys.

thanks for the heads up tc!
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    I'm just glad they addressed the issue instead of deleting threads. I do not think that this was done on purpose, seems like a communication problem to me between the publisher and the distributors. Who knows what happened but there wasn't anything shady going on. Again glad they addressed it.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412

Thanks...(end of rant)

And some of you folks are equally over-reacting to the other side. This whole circle the wagons and rip us nonsense.

This was never about us an entitlement issue. What's wrong with you people! Do you even know how to read? Sheesh!

You're all so busy kissing Ten Club's ass and playing the role of the loyal kiss-ass; you don't even read what people say.

How dare we ask for clarification on what we spent our money on:rolleyes:

Most of you are confusing the right of a customer to ask about what he's purchasing/purchased, with sense of entitlement.

Look the word up in the dictionary
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    And some of you folks are equally over-reacting to the other side. This whole circle the wagons and rip us nonsense.

Most of you are confusing the right of a customer to ask about what he's purchasing/purchased, with sense of entitlement.

Ok... I know what entitlement means and how it sounds.
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck...............

looks like i missed another fun filled day on the message pit......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    i missed out on the 10c and aexploits presales.... :(

however i was able to find someone else online selling presales - dont know if Im not supposed to post a link on here.....so is it ok to post a linky?
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    NMyTree wrote:

This was never about us an entitlement issue. What's wrong with you people! Do you even know how to read? Sheesh!

You're all so busy kissing Ten Club's ass and playing the role of the loyal kiss-ass; you don't even read what people say.

How dare we ask for clarification on what we spent our money on:rolleyes:

Dude give it a rest already... at the end of the day its just a $20 record big fucking deal right.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    ZAPPER wrote:
    i missed out on the 10c and aexploits presales.... :(

however i was able to find someone else online selling presales - dont know if Im not supposed to post a link on here.....so is it ok to post a linky?
    Start a new thread with the link.
    It would be greatly appreciated Im sure by those who missed out twice.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    Dude give it a rest already... at the end of the day its just a $20 record big fucking deal right.

I think its a big deal to some of the folks since everyone has seen the inflated egay prices on these - does anyone even have one in hands to sell already?

And how was it so many 10c members werent able to get one of these in the 10c presale - but 1 person on ebay already has 3 10c presales for sale? when i couldnt even get one...
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck...............

looks like i missed another fun filled day on the message pit......

oh you missed a good one speedy......no matter what this band does, the anal retentatives will come out in droves.....:)