Into the Wild LP Distribution

RubysdadRubysdad Posts: 133
edited January 2008 in The Porch
There are a very limited number of vinyl LPs of "Into the Wild" at Vinyl
Films Records exclusive web distributor http://www.auralexploits.com.

There will also be a very limited number available at select retail outlets
beginning January 29th. Please contact your local independent record dealer
for availability.

These additional units are the exact same as the ones that were available
through the Ten Club. They will include the bonus 7". Because the Ten Club
has a very small number of copies on "reserve" to fulfill returns on damaged
or lost goods, there is a chance that some of those copies will be added to
the 10c inventory and available. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to
schedule a specific time when these would go up for sale.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    Rubysdad wrote:

for availability.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was getting dizzy watching posts pop up then disappear. It also makes it more comfortable for those that missed the 10C sale, to order with confidence!

Way to step up!!!

Thanks
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com beginning January 14th, for $20 USD plus shipping, while supplies last.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com beginning January 14th, for $20 USD plus shipping, while supplies last.

ya man.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i just hope that guy yesterday didnt trade his benny hall for one of these...

i told hiom not to and that he was getting ripped off
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com beginning January 14th, for $20 USD plus shipping, while supplies last.

I think Tim just clarified things....
    WHO CARES what the original post said?

I think its wonderful, now a lot of people that didnt have it will have a chance!

Geesh.... if its not one thing its the other!!!

:rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    Just scored one of these! :D ...Thanks Tim! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • I think Tim just clarified things....

I think its wonderful, now a lot of people that didnt have it will have a chance!

I do. I was misled by the ten club. I don't have very much money so if I would have known this information before I would have bought the one with the cheaper shipping, or even hunted one down in a record store to save the money.

I appreciate what the ten club does for us. It would just be nice to have all the facts first instead of a day after the sale.

And yes, it's great that others now have a chance to get it :)
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    now see, that wasn't so hard now was it. All it takes is a little communication.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
    I do. I was misled by the ten club. I don't have very much money so if I would have known this information before I would have bought the one with the cheaper shipping, or even hunted one down in a record store to save the money.

I appreciate what the ten club does for us. It would just be nice to have all the facts first instead of a day after the sale.

And yes, it's great that others now have a chance to get it :)

You can always send them an email and cancel your order and go get it at your independent record store.... the 10C will cancel it for you I'm sure and you can save the money for shipping that way.

1 hour ago people were bitching about howcome the Mods were erasing the threads and now that they have given an explanation the bitching continues.. what gives? :confused:
    I was misled by the ten club.

i agree wholeheartedly. i never complain about ten club, for i know the work involved is massive, and i am still riding the high of my ltd ed. book.

but to suddenly say the next day its not exclusive to pj.com? you are buying stuff for the love of pj, but you are spending your money on something you know nobody else can get, or thought nobody else could get, now its everywhere and for cheaper shipping. i dont agree with the way this was handled, but such is life.

i also find it odd that both threads were made by first time posters reporting the sale elsewhere.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,719
    You can always send them an email and cancel your order and go get it at your independent record store.... the 10C will cancel it for you I'm sure and you can save the money for shipping that way.

1 hour ago people were bitching about howcome the Mods were erasing the threads and now that they have giving an explanation the bitching continues.. what gives? :confused:

Id be a little pissed to.
    The 10c did say it was limited 10c-only item-and its not.
    Thats misleading, and an outright lie actually.
    People relied on that representation in making the purchase, now non-members can get it other places, and cheaper too.
    I generally support the 10c, but they were not honest with the members in this instance. That stinks.
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    i agree wholeheartedly. i never complain about ten club, for i know the work involved is massive, and i am still riding the high of my ltd ed. book.

but to suddenly say the next day its not exclusive to pj.com? you are buying stuff for the love of pj, but you are spending your money on something you know nobody else can get, or thought nobody else could get, now its everywhere and for cheaper shipping. i dont agree with the way this was handled.
    All I know is I thought I was shit out of luck yesterday and now I know I've secured one. That makes me pretty happy, despite how shitty I felt yesterday. Thanks for fucking with me, 10C! I needed it. You can't have the highs without the lows, man.
  • Get_Right wrote:
    People relied on that representation in making the purchase, now non-members can get it other places, and cheaper too.
    I generally support the 10c, but they were not honest with the members in this instance. That stinks.

I think they just made a mistake.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....

but to suddenly say the next day its not exclusive to pj.com? you are buying stuff for the love of pj, but you are spending your money on something you know nobody else can get, or thought nobody else could get, now its everywhere and for cheaper shipping. i dont agree with the way this was handled.

You truly think that 10C said well lets just mess with all these people and laugh at how unhappy they will be tomorrow?

Could it be this took them by surprise as well, maybe they weren't told this would be available somewhere else? Maybe they were misled too?

If someone was buying it only because it was exclusive to the 10C and is disappointed that it is not that way as I was saying before why not send an email or call and cancel the order.... there is no need to be upset or complain about how they paid $5 more in shipping with the 10C ...
    Could it be this took them by surprise as well, maybe they weren't told this would be available somewhere else? Maybe they were misled too?

say that in the first post of this thread then. they havent said it was a surprise to them. how can i think it was?

and
    no i dont think they were fuckin with us. perhaps fudging the truth to boost member sales before the truth coming out the next day? mayhaps.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,895
    Thanks very much Tim/10C!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    Get_Right wrote:

It was always open to non-members... this was not exclusive to 10C members
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Thanks for clarifying....this was getting out of control....but so glad I was able to get my copy! Thanks Rubysdad!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • I think Tim just clarified things....

Couldn't agree with you more. Did people buy this because it was "limited" or because they wanted the vinyl? Hmmm... :rolleyes:
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    I think they just made a mistake.

a mistake which people relied upon and spent hard earned cash because of
    Hey I got one today so Im happy, but you kow how folks around here are-the world stops for a shot at a limited edition item. Same thing this time except the 10c misrepresented the exclusivity of the item
    It was always open to non-members... this was no exclusive to 10C members

BUT

ONLY available at pj.com in VERY limited supply.
    It was always open to non-members... this was not exclusive to 10C members

You are right about that.
  • thought i had missed out,very happy now tho,thanks 10c.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    BUT

ONLY available at pj.com in VERY limited supply.

Maybe it was only on the 14th, before the other place? Does it matter? It just gives those that missed out another opportunity to go for it.
  • thought i had missed out,very happy now tho,thanks 10c.

Me too. Went snowboarding yesterday, totally spaced the pre-sale.

Got one!!!

Thanks for the info Tim. And, thanks 10c.
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Get_Right wrote:
    You are right about that.

But you dont have to be a 10C member, webpage is open for all to see...
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I feel really bad for 10c. :(

They DID only have a limited number of vinyls that they offered and I wasn't one of the lucky people, but the bashing towards them was unnecessary, in my humble opinion.

It appears to me that they were not aware of that other place but I don't think it's their place to advertise other places, but rather letting people know to contact local independent stores when they are released to public on the 29th.

I'm sorry that some people misunderstood or misinterpreted - including myself - but to get angry over an item and attacking people?

Yikes.

So much for the goal of peace and harmony....

I was going to call my local stores today but I snagged one from that other site and didn't want to order more than one so others would have the opportunity to do so.

Here's hoping to happiness for those people who relied their happiness on PJ stuff.

:-X
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • So if I grab up a few copies of this to resell on the bay ...10c can't cancel my membership...right?

j/k ;)

but this is food for thought.

Unless there really is a difference b/t these.
    the Minions
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    now the very big problem is that they don't ship to Chile! :(:D
  • NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    Rubysdad wrote:

for availability.

Okay..........

What exactly do they mean by " high-grade audiophile vinyl.. " ?

Is this an 180 gram virgin vinyl mastered directly from the master analogue tapes?

Or is it a 200 gram virgin vinyl mastered directly from the master analogue tapes?

And how does the vinyl I bought yesterday, differ from the mass-market release of this album, on January 29th; that makes it " high-grade audiophile vinyl.. "?

I would appreciate a response from someone at 10C. Whether it's you, Kat...who ever.

Original announcement/message:

" Monkeywrench and Vinyl Films Records is proud to announce the release of the limited vinyl version of the soundtrack to the film Into The Wild. The release will be celebrated with an exclusive Ten Club pre-sale beginning January 14th at 10am Pacific.

Initially released digitally and in compact disc format, Into The Wild has been recorded on to high-grade audiophile vinyl. The vinyl release includes an extended version of the album track "The Wolf", plus a bonus 7-inch single with both studio and live versions of the track "No More", a 28-page full color booklet with lyrics and exclusive liner notes by Director Sean Penn.

Into The Wild vinyl will be released in stores on January 29th. "