Options

Into the Wild LP Distribution

Comments

• Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    think I got the last one at tenclub.com......there's only 68 left at aural exploits!

Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    UndieTaker wrote:

There's no need to be misleading. Hardcore fans are going to buy whatever they sell regardless of how limited they are.

this is the very reason why I am starting to give the 10c the benefit of the doubt-as usual-I dont think they would intentionally be misleading people
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    NMyTree wrote:
    Ain't that the truth.

They definitely misled everyone.

But my main concern is that I wanted the high quality audiophile grade vinyl. That's what I wanted! I want quality vinyl and good sound.

Now, since they were deceptive in their announcement; I don't know if I can trust this to be high quality audiophile grade vinyl. For all I know I may receive some crappy 120 gram vinyl with a bunch of dust and other crap all stuck to the vinyl.

the PARANOIA is in full effect!

relax,...every single version of this vinyl is pressed on 180 gram vinyl.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    Get_Right wrote:
    this is the very reason why I am starting to give the 10c the benefit of the doubt-as usual-I dont think they would intentionally be misleading people

I love ten club even though I didnt get one yesterday. I didnt pout, I just accepted it, and guess what happened? Karma came my way and was able to score one thru expolits. FREAKIN' A!!! Non-complainer wins again!!!

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    it's pathetic if you ask me....!

Tim had an opportunity to acknowldege an error or change in distribution plans and apologize for the misinformation/error. Would only take one or two senetences to accomplish and communicate that. He passed up that opportunity to submit a some what stoic, not very insightful announcement.

The absence of any kind of acknowledgement, apology or explanation tends to lead to the perception that the misleading original announcement was indeed misinformation by design.

Still waiting for answer to my " high quality audiophile grade vinyl " question.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Damn, too bad you don't have the right to refuse to buy the album. It must be tough living with such a burden.

If you don't trust them, STOP giving them your custom.

You're absolutely correct. This vinyl will likely be my last Pearl Jam-related purchase, if I don't get an answer to my question. Or if that vinyl that shows up is less than " high quality audiophile grade vinyl ". I'll even weigh the LPs.
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    the PARANOIA is in full effect!

relax,...every single version of this vinyl is pressed on 180 gram vinyl.

How do you know that? Where's the information?
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

10C never has and never would intentionally be misleading anyone, whether it be a 10C member or non-member,...many would agree to this.

the PARANOIA has driven some to lose their marbles over this issue,...why is it so difficult to understand: this is a *ONE TIME* only vinyl pressing, once they're gone, they're gone!

10C had/has their allocation, with some extras set aside (as per Tim's post) and Aural Exploits has their allocation FOR the 10C; however, 10C AUTHORIZED them to sell what they consider to be EXTRAS but which ACTUALLY are some of the VERY SAME allotment Tim mentioned as being set aside,...the 10C has simply agreed to dip into their EXTRAS allotment!

the vinyl IS limited edition, there are NOT 10,000 pressings of this vinyl, and it was ALWAYS understood from Tim's/10C's ORIGINAL post regarding the vinyl that come the 29th LOCAL, INDEPENDENT record stores could and would order copies of the vinyl should the demand and/or orders present themselves by way of customers asking for it, of course based on availability.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    NMyTree wrote:
    How do you know that? Where's the information?

http://www.auralexploits.com/index.php

Aural Exploits are pleased to be able to offer this extremely limited one time only vinyl pressing of the "Into The Wild" soundtrack from Vinyl Films / Monkeywrench. Orders will ship to arrive no earlier than the 01/29 street date.

Pressed on 180 Gram vinyl, housed in a gatefold sleeve with a bonus 7" single and a full color booklet.

Now available for pre-order - extremely limited availability.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Get_Right wrote:
    Meanwhile, the 10c news section remains unchanged, with no allusions to the fact that it is available elsewhere.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    SON OF A BITCH! i go all winter break with nothing to do and not a single PJ thing to buy and NOW the first 2 days of classes and i miss out both days... wtf... cant these announcements be made earlier for people who cant be on here at all times?!?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Sold Out
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    in rainbows is a better album anyway... i guess ill pick up a copy of that to ease my anger :D

• Options
    Sold Out

must have sold out sometime during 3:40pm-3:45pm (Eastern) as i was keeping an eye on the "Buy" button,...i'm surprised it lasted this long.

• Options
    just ordered mine 5 minutes ago from the site. Pretty excited! Thought I'd missed out on the single, etc.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Good stuff! This has been entertaining. I didn't buy one - didn't try either here or aural exploits. I just like that the speculators feel like they didn't win. Real vinyl enthusiasts in this thread, like Animal, seemed happy that others would get a chance to purchase this. The speculators, having secured theirs, are now mad that their "investment" has somehow been devalued. All of you people who got one and are bitching that others get to share in something special should shut the hell up. You people are nothing but greedy speculators, and must be looking to take advantage of other fans. Go collect coins or stamps or posters.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    sgossard3 wrote:
    in rainbows is a better album anyway... i guess ill pick up a copy of that to ease my anger :D
    Yeah, well I paid $80 for the discbox with vinyl only to see a vinyl copy in my local record store this week for $15. So there you go.

Although the discbox is pretty f'ing sweet.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    cutback wrote:

Aural Exploits are pleased to be able to offer this extremely limited one time only vinyl pressing of the "Into The Wild" soundtrack from Vinyl Films / Monkeywrench. Orders will ship to arrive no earlier than the 01/29 street date.

Pressed on 180 Gram vinyl, housed in a gatefold sleeve with a bonus 7" single and a full color booklet.

yeaaah
    i just ordered one!...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    damn, i wonder if i got one of the last copies! just read the posts above that were like 2 min after i ordered mine.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

That's interesting because I don't see anything on that site indicating this record is 180 gram. All it say is "Sold Out".

Why hasn't Ten Club ever mentioned it in any of their announcements or stickies?
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Good stuff! This has been entertaining. I didn't buy one - didn't try either here or aural exploits. I just like that the speculators feel like they didn't win. Real vinyl enthusiasts in this thread, like Animal, seemed happy that others would get a chance to purchase this. The speculators, having secured theirs, are now mad that their "investment" has somehow been devalued. All of you people who got one and are bitching that others get to share in something special should shut the hell up. You people are nothing but greedy speculators, and must be looking to take advantage of other fans. Go collect coins or stamps or posters.
    thanks! i agree! sure is a bitch that theres people like that out there while others like me missed out 2 times

• Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    jeffbr wrote:

I guess some people unfortunately just like a good whinge
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    thanks! i agree! sure is a bitch that theres people like that out there while others like me missed out 2 times

Hey man, watch your record store. I called mine right before i snapped a copy and the owner wasn't there. I was going to ask to see if i could reserve a copy if it came in. I went with buying it online in case they don't get it but who knows.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    NMyTree wrote:
    That's interesting because I don't see anything on that site indicating this record is 180 gram. All it say is "Sold Out".

Why hasn't Ten Club ever mentioned it in any of their announcements or stickies?

well they changed the text on the home page....i copied before it was changed...unless you think i'm part of the conspiracy too.....;)
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    I ordered mine from Aural Exploits about 12 hours ago and they sold out about 10 minutes ago. I'm glad I got one.
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    THANKS FOR THE THREAD CLEARING THINGS UP......

I have not problem with how 10C handled the realease.....I actually think that is is cool that they will be available at some independant shops...

go to your local store on the 29th...... I was lucky to get one this morning and well that was just it luck

that was hard cuz they kept deleating the links faster than you could click it...... THAT IS WHY IS WAS SO MAD......THE WERE DELETING EVERY POST ABOUT THE LP....... now we know THANKS
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    jmk wrote:
    I ordered mine from Aural Exploits about 12 hours ago and they sold out about 10 minutes ago. I'm glad I got one.

I got mine through 10c yesterday...to be honest I'm really annoyed that my copy wasn't the only one and that anyone else even had a chance to buy it.

*stamps feet*
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Hey man, watch your record store. I called mine right before i snapped a copy and the owner wasn't there. I was going to ask to see if i could reserve a copy if it came in. I went with buying it online in case they don't get it but who knows.
    thanks for the idea! i just emailed Reckless records to see if theyd be able to reserve a copy for me if / when they get them in stock

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    jeffbr wrote:

i got one and its the first time i ever came away with a limited release or anything from 10C and i'm pleased and in no way feel like my purchase has been devalued. i also love 10C no matter what.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I GOT ONE! the generosity of the people on the board is incredible! someone saw i missed out yesterday and was kind enough to think of me today when this presale became available! Just another reason i keep on coming back here and why i think PJ fans are the best around! theres definitely some out there just looking to flip and make a buck, but id say the vast majority have eachothers backs :D