The Police-Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• I got dodger stadium seats for 25 bucks each on ebay

saw the foos (awesome set as usual)then went home about halfway through one of the most boring shows I have ever seen

If I had paid full price for the shittyseats I had ($95+service charge) I would have gone on a shooting spree at my local best buy.

my advice is this:

go buy the police catalouge used on amazon and save yourself a lot of money and wait for the dvd of this tour.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    bookmuse wrote:
    Hey Jeanie, nothing like a hangover to ruin a great time, huh? Are The Police making it out to Australia?

:D Hiya bm! Very funny! :D And normally I'd say that was true, but it was just a little too much wine with dinner. Nothing very exciting. Shame it had to hurt so much! :eek:

The Police have completely alienated most of their Australian fans by not including us in the tour and they've actually been the butt of a few jokes here because of it. My brother, who has only been to ONE concert in his life :confused:, (Sting back in the 90s) would ACTUALLY have gone to see them if they'd come Downunder. I'll just have to live vicariously through cutback's efforts! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    Jeanie wrote:
    :D Hiya bm! Very funny! :D And normally I'd say that was true, but it was just a little too much wine with dinner. Nothing very exciting. Shame it had to hurt so much! :eek:

The Police have completely alienated most of their Australian fans by not including us in the tour and they've actually been the butt of a few jokes here because of it. My brother, who has only been to ONE concert in his life :confused:, (Sting back in the 90s) would ACTUALLY have gone to see them if they'd come Downunder. I'll just have to live vicariously through cutback's efforts! :)

Ha - a heroic effort at that. Maybe they'll add dates -I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your brother (1 concert really?- what a shame.) (had a smiley here)

Funny when I tried to reply I had a smiley face in and it said I couldn't have more than 5 images -
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
    bookmuse wrote:
    Ha - a heroic effort at that. Maybe they'll add dates -I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your brother (1 concert really?- what a shame.) (had a smiley here)

Funny when I tried to reply I had a smiley face in and it said I couldn't have more than 5 images -

No they've specifically said they weren't coming here.
    It created quite a hullaballoo and one of the radio stations ran a competition for a Police cover band to come play instead. Wish I could remember more details and find you a link! Been looking all day! Never mind. I like them. Always have, but I'll live if I don't get to see them. :)

My brother on the other hand, CLEARLY needs to get out more! ;)

Oh you musta missed all the bizo about the smilie limit bm. So we only get five per post now and if you quote someone else, then whatever smilies they've used in their post is counted in the five. So you have to go through and delete them to get your 5. :rolleyes:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Oh you musta missed all the bizo about the smilie limit bm. So we only get five per post now and if you quote someone else, then whatever smilies they've used in their post is counted in the five. So you have to go through and delete them to get your 5. :rolleyes:

Yes, I did miss that -can not believe it is that big of a deal :rolleyes: I like the expressions, must be hard for you :D
  • citizen_drewcitizen_drew Posts: 170
    Da dododo Da dadada…Good show…I went at the last minute with some neighbors from the hood. I forgot how high and far away Top Deck actually is, even with the binocs. The girl wasn’t there so we just hung out and drank $12 beers and smoked some green up on top. Good times. I would recommend seeing them if you can.

And yeah, the Foos are so solid…the rock world would suck without them.
    Da dododo Da dadada…Good show…I went at the last minute with some neighbors from the hood. I forgot how high and far away Top Deck actually is, even with the binocs. The girl wasn’t there so we just hung out and drank $12 beers and smoked some green up on top. Good times. I would recommend seeing them if you can.

And yeah, the Foos are so solid…the rock world would suck without them.

The Foos?? Damn :mad: the opening band for my show is Sting's son's band. I want the Foos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bookmuse wrote:
    Yes, I did miss that -can not believe it is that big of a deal :rolleyes: I like the expressions, must be hard for you :D

It's excruciating!! :eek: ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I went to Saturday night's show...my first time seeing The Police and it was better than I expected. But what a gift that night turned out to be!

I wrote a review for another site and part of it went like this:

I'd just gotten to the stadium and made the smart decision to get something to eat before heading to my seat. So I’m standing in line for my 15 inch Stadium dog, the crowd starts screaming (I’m thinking oh joy, Fiction Plane, oh joy, Fiction Plane!) and then I hear this familiar crunchy, melodic rock tuneage (“All My Life”) that sounds a tad different from what I’ve heard from Fiction Plane. Then I think, “WTF? They’re the opening band and they’re covering The Foo Fighters?”. So I continue on with my quest for food and by the second song (“My Hero”) I’m starting to pay attention to the singer’s voice who, if I’m not mistaken, is supposed to sound a lot like his dad. Instead, this guy sounds a lot like Dave Grohl. FUCK…IT IS DAVE GROHL!!!!

So I get to my seat in the third song and the party had begun! What an excellent choice of bands to fire up Dodgers Stadium because their set was fierce! Dave was all over the stage, whipping his guitar, shout/singing as he’s known to do and he did his best Angus Young impersonation when he jumped off the stage, into the crowd and stomped his way through while playing musical tag with the drummer. Once he got…somewhere way, way behind me, he climbed up on top of a gear box and continued to preen and shred. Then it’s back to the stage he goes for more Foo-lishness. The guy’s just charming, energetic, goofy and ferocious on stage with bandmates who can keep up with his dervish of activity. And they’re all great musicians. And it’s never a bad thing when the majority of the crowd can and does actually sing along to the songs of the “lowly opening band.” I wouldn’t be surprised if 5 years from now the Foo Fighters have an entire new set of fans who don’t even know that Grohl was even in Nirvana because this band more than hold it’s own.

I had absolutely no frigging clue that The Foo Fighters would be there...what a gift. What a band...what a band. That just set a great night off right.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • jninejnine Posts: 43
    I thought the Foos stole the show, so much energy, I wish they had played longer. I was hoping Dave and/or Taylor would come out during the encore, Taylor is a huge Police fan, but not only did they not ask them out, Sting never mentioned who the openers were or thanked them. Bad concert etiquette. Taylor watched the Police show from the section next to me.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    These bums better have Peanuts and Canary In A Coalmine worked out and into the set by this upcoming Sunday! :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    even flow? wrote:
    Canary In A Coalmine :)

love that one !

i hope they get demolition man in by the time they hit ny/ giants.

they looked good on the live earth thing, even tho i couldve done without john mayer and kanye west- but whatever.

maybe bruce will show uup at giants stadium . !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    well don't get your hopes up guys....it looks like sting has decided on these songs as the setlist hasn't really changed since the tour started....maybe when they come back for europe....;)...just go and enjoy the show....:)

Message in a Bottle
    Synchronicity II
    Walking On The Moon
    Voices Inside My Head
    When The World Is Running Down
    Don't Stand So Close To Me
    Driven To Tears
    Truth Hits Everybody
    Bed's Too Big Without You
    Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
    Wrapped Around Your Finger
    De Do Do Do De Da Da Da
    Invisible Sun
    Walking In Your Footsteps
    Can't Stand Losing You
    Roxanne
    King Of Pain
    So Lonely
    Every Breath You Take
    Next To You
    cutback wrote:
    well don't get your hopes up guys....it looks like sting has decided on these songs as the setlist hasn't really changed since the tour started....maybe when they come back for europe....;)...just go and enjoy the show....:)

I know what I'm getting into by going and I will enjoy the show. But you know how fans are. There isn't two bad songs on the Police albums but they won't play the one(s) I want to hear. ;)

I am so pumped for this. I was a little young and not too into music when the Police had their picnics here in Toronto. So it has been a long, long, time coming.
    even flow? wrote:
    I know what I'm getting into by going and I will enjoy the show. But you know how fans are. There isn't two bad songs on the Police albums but they won't play the one(s) I want to hear. ;)

I am so pumped for this. I was a little young and not too into music when the Police had their picnics here in Toronto. So it has been a long, long, time coming.

believe me i saw the 3 times and i wish they would have played a couple different songs.....canary is one....i also wanted to see one world......and i was 14 when they split and was just on the verge of being able to see concerts so this tour was manna from heaven..;)...:D:D
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    cutback wrote:

Message in a Bottle
    Synchronicity II
    Walking On The Moon
    Voices Inside My Head
    Driven To Tears
    Truth Hits Everybody
    De Do Do Do De Da Da Da
    Invisible Sun
    Can't Stand Losing You
    Roxanne
    King Of Pain
    So Lonely
    Every Breath You Take
    Next To You
    Not too shabby of a set list.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Not too shabby of a set list.

it's solid.....but after years of pj and dmb setlists it's kinda disappointing to hear the exact same songs in the exact same order for 3 consecutive shows......but i'm not complaining in the least......it was one of the best times i ever had in my life...:):)
    cutback wrote:
    it's solid.....but after years of pj and dmb setlists it's kinda disappointing to hear the exact same songs in the exact same order for 3 consecutive shows......but i'm not complaining in the least......it was one of the best times i ever had in my life...:):)

but I don't think you'll hear them again on a different tour -this is most likely it-and it is so cool to hear them. I know you appreciate that fact.

I never was able to go to one of their concerts as a young teen but feel damn fortunate they reunited and I got to experience The Police. I can see how if you've been to three shows and the set list was the same that you'd be a little disappointed.

I found it funny Stewart Copeland didn't throw any drum sticks into the crowd. How many wanna be or up in coming drummers would have loved one of those? So easy to do for fans yet choose not to ????

Anyhow - I loved the concert I went ot and still am angry at my parent for not letting me go to more concerts when I was younger - I will not do that to my son (please don't like Rap for too long, my son- all kids have moments but I am sure to play and expose my son to great music so he can experience music -real music ) :D OK so-I'm rambling so now I'm done...
    bookmuse wrote:
    but I don't think you'll hear them again on a different tour -this is most likely it-and it is so cool to hear them. I know you appreciate that fact.

I never was able to go to one of their concerts as a young teen but feel damn fortunate they reunited and I got to experience The Police. I can see how if you've been to three shows and the set list was the same that you'd be a little disappointed.

I found it funny Stewart Copeland didn't throw any drum sticks into the crowd. How many wanna be or up in coming drummers would have loved one of those? So easy to do for fans yet choose not to ????

Anyhow - I loved the concert I went ot and still am angry at my parent for not letting me go to more concerts when I was younger - I will not do that to my son (please don't like Rap for too long, my son- all kids have moments but I am sure to play and expose my son to great music so he can experience music -real music ) :D OK so-I'm rambling so now I'm done...

i was 25 feet behind stewart and he didn't throw any sticks......wtf?..;)....didn't matter anyways i was too out of my mind to notice....:)......and yes, let's all hope your son grows out of the rap......it's fine to appreciate it but there is much better music out there...:p:D
    cutback wrote:
    i was 25 feet behind stewart and he didn't throw any sticks......wtf?..;)....didn't matter anyways i was too out of my mind to notice....:)......and yes, let's all hope your son grows out of the rap......it's fine to appreciate it but there is much better music out there...:p:D

Dream come true seeing The Police (speaking of -now I have to go add an album to the albums that make you go "Holy F" and a moment in time that probably won't happen again. Awesome you were able to go more than once.

Aw, see he's not into rap yet (he's ony 5) the thought of that pahse is just scaring the heck outta me. Yes, there is some to appreciate but it scares the heck outta me to think he may love it or country. Oh well, I surround him with good music and hope it's enough to innoculate him :D
    the boys are headed down under!!!!!

Jan. 17 WELLINGTON, NZ Westpac Stadium
    Jan. 19 AUCKLAND, NZ Western Springs
    Jan. 22 BRISBANE, AU Suncorp Stadium
    Jan. 24 SYDNEY, AU Telstra Stadium
    Jan. 26 MELBOURNE, AU Cricket Grounds
    Jan. 28 ADELAIDE, AU AAMI Stadium
    Feb. 1 PERTH, AU Members Equity Stadium

fan club presales on july 19th.....public sales july 30th
    cutback wrote:
    the boys are headed down under!!!!!

Jan. 17 WELLINGTON, NZ Westpac Stadium
    Jan. 19 AUCKLAND, NZ Western Springs
    Jan. 22 BRISBANE, AU Suncorp Stadium
    Jan. 24 SYDNEY, AU Telstra Stadium
    Jan. 26 MELBOURNE, AU Cricket Grounds
    Jan. 28 ADELAIDE, AU AAMI Stadium
    Feb. 1 PERTH, AU Members Equity Stadium

fan club presales on july 19th.....public sales july 30th

OH! MY! GOD!!!! A MIRACLE!!!! :D

I gotta ring my brother!! MCG????? WOW!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

:D:D
    cutback wrote:

It's too early to ring!!

tap...tap...tap....**checks watch**

Oooooh!! They're just advertising it on the radio now!!! :D

I wanna wake him up, but I better not!!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

Yeah so happy for you Jeanie :)

So, his third concert? Wake him up!!!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    at thge Worlds Most famous Arena
    The Mecca
    Madison Square Garden
    where the sound and acoustics are second to none!
    They are going to blow the roof off of that garden!
    so psyched for our aussie friends also !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    at thge Worlds Most famous Arena
    The Mecca
    Madison Square Garden
    where the sound and acoustics are second to none!
    They are going to blow the roof off of that garden!
    so psyched for our aussie friends also !

i'm jealous....i would love to see them at msg....:D
    bookmuse wrote:
    Yeah so happy for you Jeanie :)

So, his third concert? Wake him up!!!

Would you believe he's not answering his phone?????????? :rolleyes:

Bloody brothers! :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    cutback wrote:

I've got a bad feeling about this!

Just got my update from Ticketmaster and they're saying that it's going to be a "ticket AUCTION"!! :eek:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    cutback wrote:
    Message in a Bottle
    Synchronicity II
    Walking On The Moon
    Voices Inside My Head
    Driven To Tears
    Truth Hits Everybody
    De Do Do Do De Da Da Da
    Invisible Sun
    Can't Stand Losing You
    Roxanne
    King Of Pain
    So Lonely
    Every Breath You Take
    Next To You

So this is what it was and what it is to be. Anyway kids, I had a good time. When I can't think of one bad song off any of the albums, I am allowed to bitch a little bit about the set list. These guys are the cream of the crop and they should be able to have picked up a couple of their own songs by now in the tour to throw a little surprise in for the fans. Granted the sound was good and you can see that Stone and Mike are really just Andy rolled into one. Man that guy is amazing. I'll agree with Sting when he said, "welcome to the Andy Summer's show", he wasn't kidding. Andy shredded the whole show and I don't know why he isn't in the top ten or five of any guitar ranking. He is what I wanted to see when I went and he did not disappoint. Yeah the other two guys (I forget their names ;)) did okay too. :) They changed some tunes up just enough to make them sound pretty damn good if we were not to get the originals. I stick by my previous post and they should have Canary and Peanuts worked in their by now. All in all, a solid selection from the years and the bitch who told us to sit down before the introduction to Sync II was finished didn't even last the entire show. BITCH! For the real fans out there, you will dig this show. " I don't want to be a statistic on a government chart". Good to hear that songs that had balls and back bone to them! And not too many Sting sing alongs to bore you to sleep.