The Police-Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    you lucky bastids !

2 more weeks to go and it cant get here quick enough.

so psyched to see these guys finally.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    THE POLICE ANNOUNCE NEW TOUR DATE & MEMBERS-ONLY PRESALE

The Police Tour Fan Club would like to announce that The Police have added a new tour date to their N. American tour. The new date is:
    Nov. 14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center.

The presale for this show will begin:
    Wed. July 25 at 10 am local time.
    Tickets will go on sale to the public on July 30.

Wed. July 25 Members-Only Presale @ 10:00 am local time
    Nov. 14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center

Access the members-only presale here!

You must be a member to participate in these presales. Not a member yet? JOIN NOW!

Important Fan Club Sale Instructions
    Our fan club sale system will generate your fan club sale passcode for you when the shows go live. You will not get a passcode before the fan club sales start. We strongly advise that you carefully review the instructions on how to participate in the fan club presales before they start. Please go here for the details on how this process works.

To purchase your tickets, please visit the ThePolice.com Tickets page. Ticket holds for the tour are strong in terms of both quantity and quality and we hope that as many fan club members as possible get seats to the show they would like to attend. However, shows in large metropolitan areas tend to be very popular and are expected to sell out very quickly.

For complete tour & ticket information, fan club memberships and more visit: ThePolice.com.
    platessmall.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

The Police Tour Fan Club would like to announce that The Police have added a new tour date to their N. American tour. The new date is:
    Nov. 9 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre.

The presale for this show will begin:
    Thur. July 26 at 12 pm local time.
    Tickets will go on sale to the public on July 31.

Thur. July 26 Members-Only Presale @ 12:00 pm local time
    Nov. 9 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre

Access the members-only presale here!

You must be a member to participate in these presales. Not a member yet? JOIN NOW!

Important Fan Club Sale Instructions
    Our fan club sale system will generate your fan club sale passcode for you when the shows go live. You will not get a passcode before the fan club sales start. We strongly advise that you carefully review the instructions on how to participate in the fan club presales before they start. Please go here for the details on how this process works.

To purchase your tickets, please visit the ThePolice.com Tickets page. Ticket holds for the tour are strong in terms of both quantity and quality and we hope that as many fan club members as possible get seats to the show they would like to attend. However, shows in large metropolitan areas tend to be very popular and are expected to sell out very quickly.

For complete tour & ticket information, fan club memberships and more visit: ThePolice.com.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    cutback wrote:

Nov. 9 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre.

The show I saw was very, very, good. But I don't know why you would toss around this kind of money to see the exact show as before. As I have said before, these guys are too good to have a stagnant set for an entire year. With an ego like Stings you would think that he would want to show that he and the band can change it up and have some real fun on stage. Who knows if they are putting the needle to vinyl and then pulling a lip sync stylin'. ;)
    You've changed your place in this world!
    from what i have read and heard

the police tore down fenway park and then built it right backup the other night, even with the same setlist as the show(s) before.

i am totally getting psyched, have my message in the box on re- shuffle & replay ( all 4 discs but disc 2 is my personal favourite and i still hold out hope for " on any other day" or " contact " but i will relish in " the beds too big without you " & " voices inside my head " ) come friday night at MSG NYC - my first police show ever.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    from what i have read and heard

the police tore down fenway park and then built it right backup the other night, even with the same setlist as the show(s) before.

i am totally getting psyched, have my message in the box on re- shuffle & replay ( all 4 discs but disc 2 is my personal favourite and i still hold out hope for " on any other day" or " contact " but i will relish in " the beds too big without you " & " voices inside my head " ) come friday night at MSG NYC - my first police show ever.

i'm kinda jealous.....i knew they would get better as the tour progressed so this weekend is goona rock.....especially if it's a MSG crowd....i'll be standing by waiting for a review....:)
  • KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    See you tonite!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    I'll let ya know how the show went when i get home.

Go Huskies!!!!!!!!
    todaysNY Post

ent044b.jpg

POLICE FORCE WITH A TWIST
    By DAN AQUILANTE
    Sting (from left), Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers.August 1, 2007 -- THE question of how arresting the Police will be at tonight's important Madison Square Garden con cert depends on whether you want a show that digs deep into the back catalog or you're after the hits.

For the last few shows of the U.S. leg of the band's 2007 reunion tour, the original trio (Sting, guitarist Andy Summers and drummer Stewart Copeland) has relied on the big chart-topping tunes. The 21-song set opens with the one-two punch of "Message in a Bottle" backed by "Synchronicity."

In the tour program, Copeland says, "I think we've got a good mix now where the fans get the songs they remember, and most of it will sound the way they remembered it. Just when they are enjoying that, they'll get a new twist. I think all three of us are pretty happy with the balance there."

Since most of the Police program is so well- known to even casual fans - let alone the die- hards, who bought tickets from brokers for up to $2,500 a seat - the "balance" and "twist" Cope land speaks about translate into adjustments of tempo and mood to create concert dynamics. That's why you'll hear the playful exuberance of "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" next to slower introspective tunes like "Murder by Numbers."

One of the early song slots in the program that's still in flux after 38 arena performances is song three in the set.

This is where the Police have flip-flopped between the ethereal "Spirits in the Material World" and "Walking on the Moon."

So far "Spir its" hasn't made the cut in the major cities including Bos ton, New Or leans, Chicago, Miami, Detroit and Philadelphia - so don't expect it here in New York. The Garden will probably be a "Moon" walk, but even fans of that song should watch out for the Police "twist." The tune has been slowed to emphasize and highlight the lyrics.

"The songs have to evolve," says Sting in the program, defending the new renditions of his classics. "Twenty-odd years later we have to be better musicians than we were." dan.aquilante@nypost.com

The Police rap sheet

"Message in a Bottle"

"Synchronicity II"

"Spirits in the Material World"

"Voices Inside My Head/When the World Is Running Down"

"Don't Stand So Close to Me"

"Driven to Tears"

"Walking on the Moon"

"Truth Hits Everybody"

"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"

"Wrapped Around Your Finger"

"The Bed's Too Big Without You"

"Murder by Numbers"

"De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da"

"Invisible Sun"

"Walking in Your Footsteps"

"Can't Stand Losing You/Reggatta De Blanc"

"Roxanne"

(ENCORE)

"King of Pain"

"So Lonely"

"Every Breath You Take"

(ENCORE II)

"Next to You/Dead End Job"

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    So far "Spirits" hasn't made the cut in the major cities including Boston, New Or leans, Chicago, Miami, Detroit and Philadelphia - so don't expect it here in New York.

....and la!!!....3 shows and no spirits....:(
    todays NY Daily News reviews last nights show at MSG.

The Police roll out old siren songs

BY JIM FARBER
    DAILY NEWS MUSIC CRITIC

Thursday, August 2nd 2007, 4:00 AM

Print Email Suggest a Story

Sting performs with The Police, live in concert at Madison Square Garden.

The last time the Police played the city, Ronald Reagan ruled the White House and "Dynasty" dominated the television ratings. Given their long time away, let's just say the band had a lot to live up to.

Luckily, at their first local reunion performance, held at Madison Square Garden last night, the Police retained all the lean sinew and pop flair that made them the world's biggest band back when they last hit town in August 1983 at Shea Stadium. Certainly, they didn't stint on the hits. They stuck almost entirely to their best-known material in a nearly two-hour show that started with a full-throttle take on "Message in a Bottle."

In songs like this, or its chaser, "Synchronicity," Stewart Copeland smacked the drums with a spidery command that made it sound like his arms had quadrupled in reach. Guitarist Andy Summers ran bright rings around the beat, while Sting sent his trademark "oh-eee-ohs" around the arena with boyish ease.

Buoyed by the added years of experience, and a sense of the occasion, the Police took their old numbers at a brisker clip, yielding an almost fat-free performance. Though they rendered the material with the essential reverence fans require, they gingerly shook up some tunes and rhythms for a dash of the fresh.

In "Walking on the Moon," Summers stitched a solo out of new chord structures. For "The Bed's Too Big Without You," Sting compacted the melody in the verses. In "Don't Stand So Close to Me," they turned the chorus tune upside down, making it more reflective.

Only one semiobscure number surfaced, 1978's pop gem "The Truth Hits Everybody." But all the material served to underscore the brilliant notion that launched the band - to recast the sensuality of reggae with the resolve of British new wave.

The show could have benefited from more looseness. The furthest they went in that regard were several long, angular guitar solos. But given so long a layoff, the direct approach made sense.

And it's hard to carp about any show that highlighted a catalogue so rich in winning tunes and clever hooks, let alone one that delivered them with so much zest.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    todays NY Daily News reviews last nights show at MSG.

ah that gives me goosebumps......i'm excited for you bath.....you'll have a great time.......:D:D
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

tonights my night :eek:

:D
    platessmall.jpg
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Bathgate66 wrote:

NICE!

Have a super time Andy.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    Bathgate66 wrote:

say hey to the boys for me!! :D:D
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:

You’ll have a blast it's a great show!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    :eek: :eek:
    [size=-2] i'm a little hoarse this morning[/size]
    Wow

what a fucking night,

what a fucking show

what a fucking band

what a fucking venue.

even goin ' in knowing what would eventually come ( * see repetitive setlists ) ,

it was still refreshing and some of it mezmerizing , when your ears heard it .

stewart copeland is the man, and wrapped around your finger was the song.

The garden crowd was overall exceptional- with the exception of the few nitwits in my section- airheads bleach blondes with lots and lots of silicone and they were showing it all off all over the Garden last night---text messaging and fucking talking and snapping photos of themselves . I had to restrain myself from telling them to shut the fuck up numerous times, but the music was a pleasant and welcomed distraction .

some of the police message boards comments on the show last night can be found in this thread

videos:

Walking On The Moon

Cant Stand Losing You

Wrapped Around Your Finger

King Of Pain
    platessmall.jpg
    ah bath if you can believe it, you're making me jealous.....every time i read reviews or see news vids, i get chills.....for me, it was one of the greatest times of my life......have fun at giants stadium.....:D:D
    cutback wrote:
    ah bath if you can believe it, you're making me jealous.....every time i read reviews or see news vids, i get chills.....for me, it was one of the greatest times of my life......have fun at giants stadium.....:D:D

dude

the sing alongs were suprisingly awesome- lots and lots of fans signing along -- even with all of stings Oh - Eey - Yohs - he himsdelf looked a little shocked at certain spots.

the audio in those clips doesnt do it justice- the garden was rocking .

looks like the boys are taking a small break- till they play again at MSG on Halloween. Then t6he next show will be a AC- im totally psyched for that one !
    platessmall.jpg
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,391
    Saw them at Virgin Fest tonight.... and it was totally not what I expected. I don't think I'm disappointed and I'm not gonna read every page of this post, but I did not like all of the tempo changes that they made to their songs. Some bands do it well, they did not, IMO.
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Saw them at Virgin Fest tonight.... and it was totally not what I expected. I don't think I'm disappointed and I'm not gonna read every page of this post, but I did not like all of the tempo changes that they made to their songs. Some bands do it well, they did not, IMO.

if you expected 1984 police you will be disappointed......the band is 23 years older..............and sting is still an egomaniac...;):D
    cutback wrote:
    if you expected 1984 police you will be disappointed......the band is 23 years older..............and sting is still an egomaniac...;):D

and stuart and andy both hold their own respectively.
    oh but stewart got smart and wears batting gloves now so his hands dont bleed.

:)

the gong and little miny twirling symbols were a treat.

platessmall.jpg
    [url=mms://msgvox2.cv.net/msgnetwork.com/08_2007/video_msgny_fictionplane_080207.asf]mms://msgvox2.cv.net/msgnetwork.com/08_ ... 080207.asf[/url]

this is a realplayer/ windows media file.
    platessmall.jpg
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,391
    cutback wrote:
    if you expected 1984 police you will be disappointed......

I guess thats what I expected.... it was still a good show, don't get me wrong, it's just not what I was hoping to see.
    Giants Stadium awaits,......

off to the tailgate .
    platessmall.jpg
  • KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Bathgate66 wrote:

stewart copeland is the man, and wrapped around your finger was the song.

FUCK YEAH You said it. :D:D:D:D *STEWART FUCKING OWNS*

I cant wait for AC and MSG!!!
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
    Message in a Bottle
    Synchronicity II
    Walking On The Moon
    Voices Inside My Head
    When The World Is Running Down
    Don't Stand So Close To Me
    Driven To Tears
    Truth Hits Everybody
    Bed's Too Big Without You
    Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
    Wrapped Around Your Finger
    De Do Do Do De Da Da Da
    Invisible Sun
    Walking In Your Footsteps
    Can't Stand Losing You
    Roxanne
    King Of Pain
    So Lonely
    Every Breath You Take
    Next To You

so thats the 1st Leg

the video presentation seemed a bit more " grander " in the bigger bowl of the stadium , or perhaps it was that my persepctive was a more " straight-on " then it was at MSG on Friday night .
    Especially of note was the fantastic graphics during " walking in your footsteps " , all the bones and skeletons of the brontosaurus' , that was definitely wild .
    mostly the identical show from fri, but again the sheer sizeand volume of people in the larger venue made it different.
    alot more kids, families, and who could miss the usual state troopers that accompany any show out at the nj meadowlands.

sting has got to change his banter with the crowd,. does he really think every show , every night , are all completely 1st timers ? :confused: ie : the teaching comments before dont stand so , its almost as if hes reading them off the teleprompter.-is there no spontaneity with this guy or what ? :eek:

even so, greatly anticipating nov 3 at atlantic city - in this super venue with superior sound , even the same setlist is going to sound good . hopefully leg 2 will entail a tweak or two to the setlist .

stewart doesnt need to change a thing , .... and either does andy- scissor kicks and all !

CHA !
    platessmall.jpg
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so thats the 1st Leg

the video presentation seemed a bit more " grander " in the bigger bowl of the stadium , or perhaps it was that my persepctive was a more " straight-on " then it was at MSG on Friday night .
    Especially of note was the fantastic graphics during " walking in your footsteps " , all the bones and skeletons of the brontosaurus' , that was definitely wild .
    mostly the identical show from fri, but again the sheer sizeand volume of people in the larger venue made it different.
    alot more kids, families, and who could miss the usual state troopers that accompany any show out at the nj meadowlands.

sting has got to change his banter with the crowd,. does he really think every show , every night , are all completely 1st timers ? :confused: ie : the teaching comments before dont stand so , its almost as if hes reading them off the teleprompter.-is there no spontaneity with this guy or what ? :eek:

even so, greatly anticipating nov 3 at atlantic city - in this super venue with superior sound , even the same setlist is going to sound good . hopefully leg 2 will entail a tweak or two to the setlist .

stewart doesnt need to change a thing , .... and either does andy- scissor kicks and all !

CHA !

Only thing to add was that during Can't Stand Losing You the jammed into Regatta De Blanc and then back. It was fucking awesome. Incredible show. I'm so glad that I finally got my chance to see them! The band was super tight and just sounded great. I think it would be better to see them in an indoor place, like MSG so that it would be louder and you could hear the crowd better. But still totally worth it and an amazing show all around.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so thats the 1st Leg

CHA !

at dodger stadium, when sting "introduced' stewart and andy, stewart said "hey sting, i think most of these people already heard that" or something like that.....:)