Options

guns n' roses

Comments

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    fanch75 wrote:
    whenever axl doesn't show up and you see people turning over cars and shit, that will be your notice that it is cancelled.

very funny :) i believe ppl in maine were notified in advance. i'll have plenty of time to get home and check my email b4 we leave for b'more. it's not far from me at all, well about 40 mins.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    iluvcats wrote:
    how are we notified if it is cancelled? i'm going monday night to baltimore.
    i just looked on TM and it looks like ticket sales are not doing so well.

The radio is usually notified right away once a cancellation happens but I don't think you really need to worry about Axl cancelling Baltimore.
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    also, i checked on papa roach's website and he's not going to be in b'more on monday with gnr, but sabastian bach is.

is it just SB? is there a chance that axl could play before midnight! i don't understand why TM doesn't have this info on it, listing the opening bands.

According to http://www.myspace.com/suicidegirls the Suicide Girls will also be opening up for the rest of the shows.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    The radio is usually notified right away once a cancellation happens but I don't think you really need to worry about Axl cancelling Baltimore.

well....on this msg board, their fans seemed concerned and mentioned he cancelled either dc or b'more a few yrs ago:
    http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/

and thanks for the warning about the suicide girls, i will definitely arrive around 10 p.m. then and hope I miss them.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Seriously, you should'nt worry about him cancelling

The only fear should be that it's the next show ( I think) after MSG and in 2002, after a great show at MSG ( trust me) the tour imploded and we did'nt hear anything from Axl for about 3 years
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    without slash there i'm not intrested
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • Options
    RockMan wrote:
    without slash there i'm not intrested

You're entitled to your opinion, but you have NO idea what you're missing. If you did, you wouldn't have said that!
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    well....on this msg board, their fans seemed concerned and mentioned he cancelled either dc or b'more a few yrs ago:
    http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/

Don't worry about those guys, they worry over every little thing Axl does. This tour isn't like '02, Axl should make it all the way through this time.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    Don't worry about those guys, they worry over every little thing Axl does. This tour isn't like '02, Axl should make it all the way through this time.

haha, i'm a regular visitor of that site, and yes, they do worry about every little thing. i would too tho, if i've been promised an album for the last 5 yrs.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    talkin´seriously, i´d prefer spend my money drinkin vodka/orange with friends of mine or buying some ps2 videogames than waste my money buying guns ´´losers´´and roses tickets......
  • Options
    tonadax wrote:
    talkin´seriously, i´d prefer spend my money drinkin vodka/orange with friends of mine or buying some ps2 videogames than waste my money buying guns ´´losers´´and roses tickets......

You call them losers yet you feel the need to check out threads about them and post how you don't care about them? I think we know who the real loser is.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    tonadax wrote:
    ...waste my money buying guns ´´losers´´and roses tickets......

Clever.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    whenever axl doesn't show up and you see people turning over cars and shit, that will be your notice that it is cancelled.

While sitting around waiting for the midnight start time in Tampa, my friend and I passed the time by planning what we would do when the inevitable riot broke out... I think we freaked out the people sitting around us.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    Thats crazy! Every band brings contraband on stage! Do you think that venues say "sure snoop, you may bring a giant water bong on stage and smoke marajuana all you want!" ?

Im guessing NO! Rules are meant to be broken (but, then again, since my job is to uphold them, you didnt hear that from me!)
  • Options
    For anyone interested there is an interview with Izzy here-
    http://tunecore.typepad.com/tunecorner/2006/11/tunecore_an_int.html

And here is some good news from Axl-
    http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====244887&c4nvi=3&str=14648&styp=clbi&nbc1=1

Michael J. Fox Rocks with Sheryl Crow, Axl Rose at Fundraiser
    MONDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2006 08:45AM EST

By Mark Dagostino

Michael J. Fox raised more than $5 million for his Foundation for Parkinson's Research at a Beatles-themed fundraiser in Manhattan on Saturday night, thanks to a crowd that included emcee Denis Leary, Sheryl Crow, Martin Scorsese, Mohammed Ali, Famke Janssen, Rob Thomas and Susan Sarandon.

Rose, a surprise guest, took the stage at the Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom to sing McCartney's "Live and Let Die." Why the performance? "Michael had asked," Rose told PEOPLE. "We actually used a sample of Michael J. Fox from (his film) Casualties of War in one of our songs that will be on the new album. So I felt, one, I've always been a fan of his. And I also feel for the guy and his situation. I'm for stem-cell research, so I just thought it would be wrong not for me to come when I was asked."

Elvis Costello attended with wife Diana Krall, who's due to give birth in December. "But it's twins," said Krall, "so maybe sooner!"

Fox's wife Tracy Pollan said the annual fundraiser got a shot in the arm from last week's wins by Democrats – and candidates favoring stem-cell research: "It definitely has an extra little feeling of excitement. But this is always a really important night, and a really fun night for us."

Pollan also said she was "sort of floored" by Rush Limbaugh's accusation that Fox exaggerated his symptoms in a campaign ad."But having watched (Limbaugh) before, maybe not as surprised as maybe I would've hoped to have been. Actually, the first thing I thought was this is really going to turn on him – which it did."

Crow, who sang the Beatles' "Blackbird" and "Eight Days a Week," told PEOPLE, "I'm really here to celebrate what Michael J. Fox is doing and what he's done so far, and the great hope he's giving everyone."

She added, "I'm so lucky, because I am now a breast cancer survivor. Obviously only six months, but I believe that I'm cancer free. (In Michael) we're watching somebody who's really fighting for his life, and the fact that he's sharing that with us I think motivates the best part of all of us to really tap into the human spirit and feel that kind of empathy and want to do something about it."

On a personal note, Crow revealed, "I'm dating." Anyone we should know? "I always feel like it's no one anyone should ever know," she said, laughing. "I like to keep my secrets."

For his part, Fox was just excited to know he had some effect on politics. "In the last week of the election, when people are chucking garbage around and it's the most brutal part of the campaign, people were actually talking about stem cells," he said. "Whatever side they came down on was great by me, as long as they talked about it."

He added: "The attention was great. And we went into that conversation knowing that 70 percent of Americans support this research."

The night ended with an all-star jam session: Fox strapped on a guitar to join Crow, Costello, Rob Thomas and Leary on stage for the Beatles' "Revolution," "Back in the U.S.S.R." and "Twist and Shout."

And when it was all over, guests went home with a unique gift basket: A Beatles lunch box stuffed with goodies.
  • Options
    ^^^

and some ppl still think axl's an asshole.....god i hope something happens on the 21st.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    21st is in a week, can the album possibly be pushed out on the hush in such a short space of time(?).....at this stage I'd expect a sure date for a release this year and there aint that long in which case either........use your illusion and just hope or imagine
  • Options
    this was my first gnr show. I've been reading the posts on here and I was shocked that gnr took the stage at 11:05 p.m. not 11:45 p.m. or midnight like I've read. GNR played for over 2 hours, we finally left at 1:10 A.M.! Not sure what song gnr was playing when we left, but I could hear Paradise City as we walked out the door.

I really enjoyed them, even sebastian bach. My husband had to work late so we got to 1st mariner arena at 9:40 p.m. and the beer lady said he just came on. She said, "you haven't missed anything." I said "what about the suicide girls, did they play?" She said, "if you mean the strippers, yes they played."

the guards were not checking tix, once inside the arena. we were in 211 and we found better seats in section 207.

sebastian bach is very hubba hubba. I was never a skid row fan, but I recognized some of their songs last night.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    ok, so, i'm going to see the "GNR" show at the ACC in Toronto tomorrow....

now, can somebody tell me who it is i'm actually going to see there? i'm reading all this stuff about Sebastian Bach etc... i'm confused! LOL! :p

i thought Axl still sang with them?
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    ok, so, i'm going to see the "GNR" show at the ACC in Toronto tomorrow....

now, can somebody tell me who it is i'm actually going to see there? i'm reading all this stuff about Sebastian Bach etc... i'm confused! LOL! :p

i thought Axl still sang with them?

oh i'm sorry for the confusion.

openers used to be pappa roach and sebastian bach

last night and from now on
    1. suicide girls
    2. sebastian bach (and his band, he plays new stuff and skid row songs)
    3. axl rose with the new guys in gnr
    and then when the show is almost over, sebastian joins axl in a "my michelle" duet
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:

1. suicide girls
    and then when the show is almost over, sebastian joins axl in a "my michelle" duet

Who or what the heck are teh Suicide Girls?
  • Options
    blackngold wrote:
    Who or what the heck are teh Suicide Girls?

they are a band. somewhere in this thread, not too many pages back, someone gave me the link to their myspace. however, the beer server lady called them strippers last night! I'm glad we missed them.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:

1. suicide girls

Looks like for the next 5 Canadian dates some band called Die Mannequin will also be there. Starting in Cleveland Eagles of Death Metal replace Die Mannequin as an opener.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    This is crazy, it's like I've rediscovered GNR like I rediscovered Pearl Jam in 1998 and again in 2002. I can't get enough of them, and I want to search all over the net to download shows and more music from them. Guns N Roses are great.

To that end, anyone know of any good GNR forums with good info, discussion, and links to shows? I was checking out thenewguns.com and that board looks good, but pretty low traffic. Any faster ones?

Right now, I'm listening to the incredible song "Better" from the unreleased Chinese Democracy album.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    this was my first gnr show. I've been reading the posts on here and I was shocked that gnr took the stage at 11:05 p.m. not 11:45 p.m. or midnight like I've read. GNR played for over 2 hours, we finally left at 1:10 A.M.! Not sure what song gnr was playing when we left, but I could hear Paradise City as we walked out the door.

I really enjoyed them, even sebastian bach. My husband had to work late so we got to 1st mariner arena at 9:40 p.m. and the beer lady said he just came on. She said, "you haven't missed anything." I said "what about the suicide girls, did they play?" She said, "if you mean the strippers, yes they played."

the guards were not checking tix, once inside the arena. we were in 211 and we found better seats in section 207.

sebastian bach is very hubba hubba. I was never a skid row fan, but I recognized some of their songs last night.

When I saw them on 11/3 in Huntington, they went on at 11:15 and finished at 1:45am. It was awesome but it was like the show was never going to end. Very strange to see a band hitting it's peak in an arena at 130 in the morning.

I agree that Sebastian Bach was also very good. I even thought his new shit was pretty good. He has a great presence and is a terrific front man, and his voice is in top form.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

To that end, anyone know of any good GNR forums with good info, discussion, and links to shows? I was checking out thenewguns.com and that board looks good, but pretty low traffic. Any faster ones?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php#2
  • Options
    Cool. Do they have threads about sharing shows, etc?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Cool. Do they have threads about sharing shows, etc?

Go to the Appetite for Collection section
    http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=6.0
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    When I saw them on 11/3 in Huntington, they went on at 11:15 and finished at 1:45am. It was awesome but it was like the show was never going to end. Very strange to see a band hitting it's peak in an arena at 130 in the morning.

I agree that Sebastian Bach was also very good. I even thought his new shit was pretty good. He has a great presence and is a terrific front man, and his voice is in top form.

too bad it was on a monday night. the 1st mariner arena had many, many empty seats and ppl left early too. they probably had to work today. we scheduled time off today.

it was a great concert, i really enjoyed it, both gnr and sb. and i agree with what you said about sb....i mentioned to my husband how good he sounded, that he can still sing like that after all these years...i'm not a fan from back in the day, so i could not really compare him, but my husband said he sounds better on his old cds. he's got 2 kids, could you imagine having a dad like him?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more