Options

guns n' roses

Comments

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I liked it when axl rose and dizzy reed played the piano. Sometimes it was hard to hear axl's singing. I liked down on the farm too.

a girl named cleopatra2u posted last night's set list on that hell whatever you call it gnr message board...

16 songs + 4 solos/jams in the regular set + a 2-song encore. 11:05pm - 1:20am, 2 hours and 15 minutes.

1. Welcome To The Jungle
    2. It's So Easy
    3. Mr. Brownstone
    4. Live And Let Die
    5. Knockin' On Heavens Door
    6. Robin Finck Solo
    7. Sweet Child O' Mine
    8. You Could Be Mine
    9. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
    10. The Blues
    11. Better
    12. Band Introductions/Richard-Robin Solo [Beautiful]
    13. Out Ta Get Me
    14. Band Jam/November Rain
    15. Down On The Farm!!!
    16. Bumblefoot Solo [Don't Cry]
    17. My Michelle [With Sebastian Bach]
    18. Used To Love Her
    19. Patience
    20. Nightrain
    ----ENCORE
    21. Chinese Democracy
    22. Paradise City
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    holy fucking shit...has anyone seen this?!?!

fuck it better not be a prank!

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7060/img2915of4.jpg
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:

28th :D Could this be the proof eh
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    28th :D Could this be the proof eh
    i hope..i really do...like me told you..heard this rumor weeks ago but rubbished it now..im so excited..im having multiple orgasms!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:

I think it's total bullshit.
  • Options
    Guns N' Roses - Chiense DEMOCRACY 2006:

01 Chinese Democracy
    02 Scotch Whisky and Yager
    03 IRS
    04 Prostitute
    05 Catcher in the Rye
    06 If the World
    07 TWAT (There Was A Time)
    08 The Blues
    09 Madagascar
    10 Better
    11 Sorry
    12 Rhiad & Bedouins
    13 This I Love

At least this is what MTV said, but it suddenly disappeared.
    http://www.mtv.com/#/news/articles/1945816...democracy.jhtml

Bullshit again if you ask me.
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Klumpie wrote:
    Guns N' Roses - Chiense DEMOCRACY 2006:

01 Chinese Democracy
    02 Scotch Whisky and Yager
    03 IRS
    04 Prostitute
    05 Catcher in the Rye
    06 If the World
    07 TWAT (There Was A Time)
    08 The Blues
    09 Madagascar
    10 Better
    11 Sorry
    12 Rhiad & Bedouins
    13 This I Love

At least this is what MTV said, but it suddenly disappeared.
    http://www.mtv.com/#/news/articles/1945816...democracy.jhtml

Bullshit again if you ask me.

I don't think Catcher in the Rye was gonna be on the album, so most likely just a list of songs known that someone threw together.
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

merck has confirmed it fake, but whether or not it is...who knows, probably is tho.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    This is crazy, it's like I've rediscovered GNR like I rediscovered Pearl Jam in 1998 and again in 2002. I can't get enough of them, and I want to search all over the net to download shows and more music from them. Guns N Roses are great.

To that end, anyone know of any good GNR forums with good info, discussion, and links to shows? I was checking out thenewguns.com and that board looks good, but pretty low traffic. Any faster ones?

Right now, I'm listening to the incredible song "Better" from the unreleased Chinese Democracy album.

I don't know how good this one is, but there are 294 people online currently:
    http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,069
    merck has confirmed it fake, but whether or not it is...who knows, probably is tho.

Well I found this:

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=20589&start=0
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:

Its a fake, the loser admitted later on that he made it up. Heres his post-

Alright I'll cut it out. It is a long elaborate prank. I just love this board and wanted to draw as much attention to it as possible and away from htgth.

I saw the gap in the Chicago date and figured.. wow.. wonder if they would ever do an in-store. So I started writing those elaborate posts and posting from this proxy near Chicago. After a few days when it was dying down I came up with the sign idea and casually mentioned it, then spent an hour trying to make the fucker. I just blew up a Virgin logo and made two passes on a printer. One for the logo, second for the text.

Found a friends apartment that has a great vending machine next to a board. Posted it, set my camera on the lowest resolution and quality possible so no one could make out the cars for sale next to it. Then took about 30 shaky photos.

I really hope no one purchased plane tickets or anything crazy. I do love each and every one of you that sent me death threats, and Merck who felt the need to do some fucking work for one god damn client. Who is this fucker.. Eric from Entourage?
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,069
    holtz wrote:
    Its a fake, the loser admitted later on that he made it up. Heres his post-

Alright I'll cut it out. It is a long elaborate prank. I just love this board and wanted to draw as much attention to it as possible and away from htgth.

I saw the gap in the Chicago date and figured.. wow.. wonder if they would ever do an in-store. So I started writing those elaborate posts and posting from this proxy near Chicago. After a few days when it was dying down I came up with the sign idea and casually mentioned it, then spent an hour trying to make the fucker. I just blew up a Virgin logo and made two passes on a printer. One for the logo, second for the text.

Found a friends apartment that has a great vending machine next to a board. Posted it, set my camera on the lowest resolution and quality possible so no one could make out the cars for sale next to it. Then took about 30 shaky photos.

I really hope no one purchased plane tickets or anything crazy. I do love each and every one of you that sent me death threats, and Merck who felt the need to do some fucking work for one god damn client. Who is this fucker.. Eric from Entourage?

Thanks...figures.
  • Options
    went to the show in toronto last night... or was it early this morning?? ;)

a few observations:
    a) iluvcats wasn't kidding - i thought they were going to be a band, but no, The Suicide Girls are indeed just strippers....lol!
    b) Sebastian Bach is a shirtless whirlwind of blond hair and low-rise leather pants.
    c) Sweet Child o' Mine still makes me feel like i'm at summer camp when i'm 12 years old....
    d) What's hotter than a long haired guy playing a grand piano? Another long haired guy dancing ON the piano....
    e) There really is something about Axl's hip swivel that makes girls want to take their panties off.
    f) The second half of November Rain rocks harder than any song i've heard performed live.
    g) The O'Canada guitar solo was awesome.
    h) I was half baked when i got home at 2:30am - it's a good thing i had made Rice Krispy Squares the night before.

:D:D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    d) What's hotter than a long haired guy playing a grand piano? Another long haired guy dancing ON the piano....
    e) There really is something about Axl's hip swivel that makes girls want to take their panties off.

I find it ironic that women can find the guy who wrote songs like It's So Easy and Back Off Bitch even somewhat attractive. The guy's a notorious misogynist. I'm a guy, but that even makes me cringe.

But I guess some women are into that kind of thing...
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I heard the real demos that leaked.. and my god are they horrible
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    I find it ironic that women can find the guy who wrote songs like It's So Easy and Back Off Bitch even somewhat attractive. The guy's a notorious misogynist. I'm a guy, but that even makes me cringe.

But I guess some women are into that kind of thing...

lol! i think you're reading too much into my post....

i don't recall saying that i found his lyrics sexy :rolleyes: ...
    i said his piano playing and gyrating hips were sexy! :p
    it's purely superficial! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:
    I heard the real demos that leaked.. and my god are they horrible

How recent were the ones you heard? The ones from earlier this year were very impressive, even though I like the other songs that have been played live a little better.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:

GN'R's manager Merck responded on a heretodaygonetohell message board with-

"No one at Universal has made any comment about the release date."
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    GN'R's manager Merck responded on a heretodaygonetohell message board with-

"No one at Universal has made any comment about the release date."
    True, he said that. But are you still expecting something???
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    True, he said that. But are you still expecting something???

Not really. Merck and Axl have been very sly in not saying anything really but I find it very annoying that they just can't come out and say when it will be released.
  • Options
    How recent were the ones you heard? The ones from earlier this year were very impressive, even though I like the other songs that have been played live a little better.

few days ago..

01 - Guns N´Roses - I.R.S. (demo)
    02 - Guns N´Roses - Better (demo)
    03 - Guns N´Roses - There Was A Time (demo)
    04 - Guns N´Roses - There Was A Time (extended demo)
    05 - Guns N´Roses - Catcher In The Rye (demo)
    06 - Guns N´Roses - Catcher In The Rye (remastered demo)
    07 - Guns N´Roses - Better (instrumental demo)
    08 - Guns N´Roses - I.R.S. (instrumental demo)
    09 - Guns N´Roses - There Was A Time (extended instrumental demo)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    Not really. Merck and Axl have been very sly in not saying anything really but I find it very annoying that they just can't come out and say when it will be released.
    Yep, they don't say anything. And now they are touring, so they can't do anything in the studio. That's why I expect that they go after the tour back to the studio and finish everything. They are on tour till 16 januari so I don't expect anything till march/april.
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:
    few days ago..

01 - Guns N´Roses - I.R.S. (demo)
    02 - Guns N´Roses - Better (demo)
    03 - Guns N´Roses - There Was A Time (demo)
    04 - Guns N´Roses - There Was A Time (extended demo)
    05 - Guns N´Roses - Catcher In The Rye (demo)
    06 - Guns N´Roses - Catcher In The Rye (remastered demo)
    07 - Guns N´Roses - Better (instrumental demo)
    08 - Guns N´Roses - I.R.S. (instrumental demo)
    09 - Guns N´Roses - There Was A Time (extended instrumental demo)
    Old, this is from february.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:

Hey, but they're new to him, so cut him some slack.

bharQ - you really think they're that bad?
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:

the guy says the ones that were leaked before weren't real

anyways, everything ive heard both real and fake suck immensely
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    Hey, but they're new to him, so cut him some slack.

bharQ - you really think they're that bad?

yup but im sure the kids will eat it up when it comes out
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:
    the guy says the ones that were leaked before weren't real

anyways, everything ive heard both real and fake suck immensely
    All the songs sounds real to me, so I had no fakes.

They don't suck that much. Better and TWAT sounds good to me. IRS and Catcher... are weaker in my opinion.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    wow, i was not expecting the gnr show last night to be that good. it really took me by surprise. axl's still a very talented singer/showman, richard and bumblefoot are great soloists on the guitar and robin's an excellent rythym player (didn't like his soloing). and my girlfriend had tears in her eyes during november rain. she absolutely loved the show, and ranks it higher than pj's ottawa show from last year (her previous favourite concert ever) -- i wouldn't go that far, but it was still quite spectacular. i'm not usually a fan of fireworks, flamethrowers & confetti, but they did it all in excess, and i wouldn't expect anything less from the gunners. fuck, i left the show with my aic cap and all my pockets filled with confetti. my major gripe with the show was that i was standing for about six and a half hours. after the show, i felt like i did after i did a half marathon. i'm still exhausted today.

sebastian bach quite impressed me as well. i went in under the assumption that he would be a washed-up untalented hair metal throwback, but he definitely had a lot of talent. and charisma, he had a lot of that too, and he really got the crowd psyched up for gnr.

ricky, julian & bubbles were easily the highlight of last night's show for me. i fucking love the trailer park boys and absolutely loved bubbles coming out to sing. and julian of course had a mixed drink in hand.

i coulda done without the suicide girls' 30-minute set. i mean i have the internet, so i don't really need a public show. :)

the first opener was horrible. sounded familiar, but i can't place where i know them from. terrible. it sounded like one continuous song throughout their thirty minute set. anyone know who they were so i can ensure i never have to endure them again? thanks in advance.

i'd see gnr again for sure. it was quite an experience. wow.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    oh, i forgot to mention dizzy reed's solo piano version of like a hurricane. that was unexpected and extremely well done. he's obviously a classicly trained pianist. loved it.