Options

guns n' roses

Comments

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    went to the show in toronto last night... or was it early this morning?? ;)

a few observations:
    a) iluvcats wasn't kidding - i thought they were going to be a band, but no, The Suicide Girls are indeed just strippers....lol!
    b) Sebastian Bach is a shirtless whirlwind of blond hair and low-rise leather pants.
    c) Sweet Child o' Mine still makes me feel like i'm at summer camp when i'm 12 years old....
    d) What's hotter than a long haired guy playing a grand piano? Another long haired guy dancing ON the piano....
    e) There really is something about Axl's hip swivel that makes girls want to take their panties off.
    f) The second half of November Rain rocks harder than any song i've heard performed live.
    g) The O'Canada guitar solo was awesome.
    h) I was half baked when i got home at 2:30am - it's a good thing i had made Rice Krispy Squares the night before.

:D:D

tee hee hee hee, I did not see the strippers....the beer attendant said they were strippers. I got there late :) I knew it would be a late night and my husband worked late.

yes axl is a great swiveler.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    uninnocent wrote:
    wow, i was not expecting the gnr show last night to be that good. it really took me by surprise. axl's still a very talented singer/showman, richard and bumblefoot are great soloists on the guitar and robin's an excellent rythym player (didn't like his soloing). and my girlfriend had tears in her eyes during november rain. she absolutely loved the show, and ranks it higher than pj's ottawa show from last year (her previous favourite concert ever) -- i wouldn't go that far, but it was still quite spectacular. i'm not usually a fan of fireworks, flamethrowers & confetti, but they did it all in excess, and i wouldn't expect anything less from the gunners. fuck, i left the show with my aic cap and all my pockets filled with confetti. my major gripe with the show was that i was standing for about six and a half hours. after the show, i felt like i did after i did a half marathon. i'm still exhausted today.

sebastian bach quite impressed me as well. i went in under the assumption that he would be a washed-up untalented hair metal throwback, but he definitely had a lot of talent. and charisma, he had a lot of that too, and he really got the crowd psyched up for gnr.

ricky, julian & bubbles were easily the highlight of last night's show for me. i fucking love the trailer park boys and absolutely loved bubbles coming out to sing. and julian of course had a mixed drink in hand.

i coulda done without the suicide girls' 30-minute set. i mean i have the internet, so i don't really need a public show. :)

the first opener was horrible. sounded familiar, but i can't place where i know them from. terrible. it sounded like one continuous song throughout their thirty minute set. anyone know who they were so i can ensure i never have to endure them again? thanks in advance.

i'd see gnr again for sure. it was quite an experience. wow.

it excites me when ppl do not expect a good show from GNR, and then once they see it they are very blown away/happy.

glad you enjoyed it!
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    man axl rose shits me
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    some good news..

In other news, a new live DVD is in the pipeline for February.
    Guns 'N' Roses - Live In Chicago" will be released on February 5th 2007 (we're sure of that), and was recorded at Chicago's Allstate Arena.

Tracks included on the set are Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Its So Easy, Wild Horses, Patience, Double Talkin Jive, Civil War, Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Godfather Theme and Coma
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    some good news..

Guns 'N' Roses - Live In Chicago" will be released on February 5th 2007 (we're sure of that), and was recorded at Chicago's Allstate Arena.

Tracks included on the set are Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Its So Easy, Wild Horses, Patience, Double Talkin Jive, Civil War, Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Godfather Theme and Coma

*rubs eyes* Coma? Did you say Coma? :D

Well, that's awesome and all, but a DVD from their 2006 tour would probably be a little bit more interesting at this point.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    some good news..

i dont consider this good news. too me, its like releasing something just to hold the fans over until CD comes out. meaning CD prob. still won't be out for awhile. also, why the hell are they releasing something by the OLD band?! you would think that if they want to promote CD and the CURRENT lineup they would do everything they can to get fans and the general public to forget about the old band. fuckin idiots at the gnr camp. they don't make a lick of sense to me.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    I don't think that Chicago DVD is a official relase, its not even the full show. Video of that Chicago show was stolen from GNR back in '92 and widely traded amongst fans for the last 14 years, I'm sure some bootleg company finally just got around to trying to sell it as an import.
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    fanch75 wrote:
    This is crazy, it's like I've rediscovered GNR like I rediscovered Pearl Jam in 1998 and again in 2002. I can't get enough of them, and I want to search all over the net to download shows and more music from them. Guns N Roses are great.

DITTO! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    holtz wrote:
    I don't think that Chicago DVD is a official relase, its not even the full show. Video of that Chicago show was stolen from GNR back in '92 and widely traded amongst fans for the last 14 years, I'm sure some bootleg company finally just got around to trying to sell it as an import.
    yeh i thought so too that it won't be official
    i rather their label release one of the shows from the current tour which they claimed they were filming for a dvd release.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Here is Sebastian Bach singing his new tune "By Your Side" as an opener for GNR at MSG on 11/10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3k-5fumhfU

So, grab your prom date, a lighter, and sing along.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    dizzy reed has had some kinda surgery. Is there no news on the fuckin album release? that fucker rose had better not tour my manor again without some new material or Ill...........
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    dizzy reed has had some kinda surgery. Is there no news on the fuckin album release? that fucker rose had better not tour my manor again without some new material or Ill...........

Speculation is that it's delayed again until early 2007.
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    DOSW wrote:
    Speculation is that it's delayed again until early 2007.
    that is such a sick gut wrenching joke
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    that is such a sick gut wrenching joke

I'm serious, unless the article I read at Ultimate-Guitar.com is incorrect. It basically said that if the label doesn't know anything about a release date (as is the case now), then it's going to take AT LEAST a month to get everything going. They predicted February 07.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/gnr_push_album_to_next_year.html
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    dizzy reed has had some kinda surgery.

What?
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Axlrose : Abused As A Child And Making Everyone Miserable Since
    Most Notably : Hardcore Gnr Fans

One Big Mindfuck
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I heard that Guns N' Roses is waiting on the Velvet Revolver record, to release it at the same time. They want to create a war to push up the record sales. Both bands needs a kind of war, because Velvet Revolver is to unknown by the big public and Guns N' Roses was too long out of the running.
  • Options
    So, since we are talking about really old music in this thread, can I sneak in an off topic post? I'm too embarrassed to do a separate thread.

On saturday, I saw Styx in concert. My friend talked me into going. I don't own any of their stuff, I did in my first marriage. I was very surprised. They were great and seemed to have alot of fun with the audience. I broke my rule of seeing a poser front man. But I like tommy shaw of styx, he sings lead half the time and he is still with the band. He's really good! The crowd was bad. It sold out, we barely had room to move. An old, short bitch was rude to me when I tried to get up closer. They don't know what GA means. Right there in the crowd to the side near the front, a guy would not let another guy by him, it was pretty bad.

I saw guns n roses last monday then styx on saturday. I am still tired and my throat is still bothering me from the cig. smoke. I'm thinking of taking a break from concerts.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    i wouldn´t be so proud for have seen styx and g and r on stage..... keep it on your personal secrets.....please
  • Options
    tonadax wrote:
    i wouldn´t be so proud for have seen styx and g and r on stage..... keep it on your personal secrets.....please

I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses. I saw Guns n roses.
  • Options
    tonadax wrote:

why are you in a gnr thread twice, making fun of them? I saw you a few pages back.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    iluvcats wrote:
    An old, short bitch was rude to me when I tried to get up closer. They don't know what GA means. Right there in the crowd to the side near the front, a guy would not let another guy by him, it was pretty bad.
    Or maybe they think GA means first come first serve for the best spots and people shouldn't be pushing their way past other patrons who've already put the time and effort in to get a decent spot.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Or maybe they think GA means first come first serve for the best spots and people shouldn't be pushing their way past other patrons who've already put the time and effort in to get a decent spot.

I went to see the Black Crowes a year ago at a festival show and there was a huge field in back of the seats where people would put down lawn chairs to reserve their spots. BY the time I got there there was about 40 rows of lawn chairs taking up the whole center section, really pissed me off that these peole would put there chairs down once the gates opened and then they'd head back to the campgrounds to party.
  • Options
    if anyone is interested in seeing slash, duff, and matt check it out. just ignore the front man!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idaYkRofX8A&mode=related&search=
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    if anyone is interested in seeing slash, duff, and matt check it out. just ignore the front man!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idaYkRofX8A&mode=related&search=

Cool. The frontman wasn't too bad actually. It just looked like he was glued to the stage!
  • Options
    Nice to see the guys playing Paradise City again but damn Chester is bad, he just doesn't sound right singing it.
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Just been to http://www.hmv.co.uk and the 18th of December date that it was slotted in for isn't happening. This is the message I got "This title has been deleted".
    This is horseshit, I've spent a year reading him bullshit us into believing that it was 'definately going to be out this year'. You know the worst part? Even if it is decent it is NEVER going to be good enough to justify aten year delay. I've tried so hard to not fall into the 'fuck axl' parade but I can't help it, and i'm not even a loyal fan, god knows how they feel.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    Just been to http://www.hmv.co.uk and the 18th of December date that it was slotted in for isn't happening. This is the message I got "This title has been deleted".
    This is horseshit, I've spent a year reading him bullshit us into believing that it was 'definately going to be out this year'. You know the worst part? Even if it is decent it is NEVER going to be good enough to justify aten year delay. I've tried so hard to not fall into the 'fuck axl' parade but I can't help it, and i'm not even a loyal fan, god knows how they feel.

PEACE

The more this album gets delayed, the more I think it's going to end up being the biggest fluke in rock history. I don't know why... it's just that more and more I'm beginning to think it's really going to suck.
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    icarus wrote:
    dont ever believe those HMV dates, they often stick in dates without having any kind of official info.

i too thought this was finally gonna come out, all signs were pointing to it.

I don't know, I mean I have seen dates posted on the site which people have said was horseshit and so many have turned out to be true, I actually get the impression they are pretty on the ball, I mean I knew the date of the Avocado was up weeks before any news leaked, and it turned out to be true.
    I agree, I really thought it had a chance of coming out.
    DOSW, I don't blame you, I htink Axl knows the expectation and is deluded enough to think this horseshit will make the sales skyrocket. To be honest I can see it coming out and just bombing.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07