Options

guns n' roses

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Here's the Herald Dispatch's review of the Huntington WV show tht I was at on Friday night:

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061105/NEWS01/611050360/1001/NEWS10

A great, long write-up with a decent amount of very good pictures. I encourage everyone to go check out this link.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Here's the Herald Dispatch's review of the Huntington WV show tht I was at on Friday night:

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061105/NEWS01/611050360/1001/NEWS10

A great, long write-up with a decent amount of very good pictures. I encourage everyone to go check out this link.

Man, that show sounds a lot better than the one I went too. Fucking crowd was not exciting at all. Fuckin jacksonville. I bet if he sang beer for my horses, everyone and their mother woulda been their.
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Man, that show sounds a lot better than the one I went too. Fucking crowd was not exciting at all. Fuckin jacksonville. I bet if he sang beer for my horses, everyone and their mother woulda been their.

TK ALL THE WAY!
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    TK ALL THE WAY!
    that's how it is around jacksonville. fuckin country music.
  • Options
    Ok, so I saw GNR and PJ within 2 weeks of each other. And while the PJ concert was INCREDIBLE (boston 2, '06), Axl really does provide more energy, stage presence, power than eddie. Not saying eddie was bad...far from it actually, just different styles. But Axl's style to me is more entertaining.

Now here's a thought - Possibly get one or the other on stage with each other - I'm pretty sure Axl would do it if asked - He's a huge fan of PJ, always has been - but getting EV up there with Axl? I don't know....
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Options
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Now here's a thought - Possibly get one or the other on stage with each other - I'm pretty sure Axl would do it if asked - He's a huge fan of PJ, always has been - but getting EV up there with Axl? I don't know....

Axls really a fan of PJ?

Anyway, I think all that pyro would scare the guys off. Probably think bush had finally declared war on them.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Alright, at 12 noon I'm finally awake after the concert last night in East Rutherford, NJ... I have to say, it was pretty awesome. The acoustics in the arena were atrocious, though, and the crowd wasn't really into it after the first couple of songs. GNR came on just before midnight, and by that time a small percentage of the crowd had already left, thinking they wouldn't show. Anyway, the rest of the audience must have been pretty pissed off for the rest of the night because there was very little energy and excitement for the last half of the show. Only about 2/3 of the audience lasted throughout the whole thing, which was a shame. I still loved it, though.

But Papa Roach was terrible. I'm sorry if anyone likes this band, but their performance was laughable. At this one point during the intro to one of their songs, the lead singer yelled "to all you people sitting in your seats, it's time to stand up! This isn't church, this is rock n' roll!" And no one stood up. :D

Anyway, highlights for me were Rocket Queen, the November Rain solo, Paradise City (the closer, of course), IRS, and Bumblefoot's Don't Cry solo. All the solos were amazing though, and Richard Fortus even did an Eruption-like solo that was pretty cool.

Overall, it was a great night. Too bad not many other people showed it.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Yeah I heard there problems with Axls mic last night .. Meadowlands has never been good for there acoustics. Last 4 shows I saw there were RHCP, Tool, PJ both nights. I was side for the stage three of the shows thank god.

I picked the MSG GNR next Friday cause of the Sunday night thing and knew they would come on late. I thought Sebastin Bach was the only opening act didnt realize Papa Roach were as well until I read another review. People were yawning and more then half the crowd left I did hear by half way through the GNR set .

I saw them at Hammerstein a few months back. I think they came on like 10:45 there and played like 2 hours. Thought Axl sounded great that night and it was the last of the NYC shows. Kid Rock came out for a song and Sebastin did My Michelle. Not a big Kid Rock fan but was a cool surprise.
    I was scared going to the last Hammerstein show cause hes known to no show but was at all NYC shows. Have my fingers crossed for MSG. But sold out in NYC Axl has to show up.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    the diference is from heaven to earth, eddie is an excellent vocalist, with a deep baritone voice, his passion is priceless, and every word he says count,

axl is just a performer.........
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    tonadax wrote:
    the diference is from heaven to earth, eddie is an excellent vocalist, with a deep baritone voice, his passion is priceless, and every word he says count,

axl is just a performer.........

Axl said something last night that I only caught the tail end of... it was something like, "...sincerity... and once you learn to fake that, you've got it made."

I honestly hope I didn't hear that right.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    DCGARDEN wrote:

whoa...Axl is a PJ fan? what the heck? :D haha. Where did you hear it from?

If it's true, that's cool :p

Also, speaking of artists he "respects," apparently he likes Christina Aguilera's voice and called her the best vocalist of our time, or something along those lines. I suppose that explains the supposedly little excerpts of Aguilera's "Beautiful" in a solo?
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    DOSW wrote:
    Axl said something last night that I only caught the tail end of... it was something like, "...sincerity... and once you learn to fake that, you've got it made."

I honestly hope I didn't hear that right.

He has a very sarcastic sense of humor.
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    whoa...Axl is a PJ fan? what the heck? :D haha. Where did you hear it from?

If it's true, that's cool :p

Definitely true - Slash hated PJ, Axl loved them - pretty interesting huh?
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    concerned as to why only 3or4 new songs seem to be getting played in the shows, where the fuck is the album(are the new songs, the main songs on the album(if such a thing is to exist)). tri-state area? west virginia? jacksonville? are these like barren small-town america? grizzly blokes in battered pick-ups listening to fred eagle smith?
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    tri-state area? west virginia? jacksonville? are these like barren small-town america? grizzly blokes in battered pick-ups listening to fred eagle smith?

Piss off. Those folks deserve rock and roll as much as anyone else.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    concerned as to why only 3or4 new songs seem to be getting played in the shows, where the fuck is the album(are the new songs, the main songs on the album(if such a thing is to exist)). tri-state area? west virginia? jacksonville? are these like barren small-town america? grizzly blokes in battered pick-ups listening to fred eagle smith?

Actually, jacksonville itself is a pretty big city (but it doesn't have that feel)

You gotta give these guys SOMETHING.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Definitely true - Slash hated PJ, Axl loved them - pretty interesting huh?

Well now Slash spends his time whoring himself in a Volkswagen Commercial and playing with that heroin infested nimrod Weiland, while Axl is performing 2.5 hour sets and getting into fights with Tommy Hilfiger. Sounds like their meant to be apart.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,070
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Well now Slash spends his time whoring himself in a Volkswagen Commercial and playing with that heroin infested nimrod Weiland, while Axl is performing 2.5 hour sets and getting into fights with Tommy Hilfiger. Sounds like their meant to be apart.

Speaking of commercials...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Detour/Black_Sheep.jsp?locale=en_US

Seems like we are getting Democracy really soon and Better will be the first single.
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    Speaking of commercials...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Detour/Black_Sheep.jsp?locale=en_US

Seems like we are getting Democracy really soon and Better will be the first single.

Did you actually see the Better version of that commercial? Harley had it on their site for a day, then it got taken off. I think GNR management didn't want it released yet. But I think it's on youtube, i'll try to find it.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    mookie9999 wrote:

oh my God! scottie is not a nim what ever you called him :(
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    iluvcats wrote:
    oh my God! scottie is not a nim what ever you called him :(

Maybe I should have pm'd you that for the weight issue. Sorry :)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    fanch75 wrote:
    Piss off. Those folks deserve rock and roll as much as anyone else.
    ah, so I WAS onto something then.
  • Options
    Not sure if you guys heard but Axl & Crew took a lot of heat for cancelling a gig in Maine that only 3K tickets were sold for - claiming the fire marshall gave them problems - a lot of people are questioning it - and it scared a lot of people that this tour would implode -

But , on a brighter note, they played the next gig, of which some of the people who had tickets to the cancelled show, were allowed to attend, and all went well

MSG tomorrow night - Looking forward to it
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Not sure if you guys heard but Axl & Crew took a lot of heat for cancelling a gig in Maine that only 3K tickets were sold for - claiming the fire marshall gave them problems - a lot of people are questioning it - and it scared a lot of people that this tour would implode -

But , on a brighter note, they played the next gig, of which some of the people who had tickets to the cancelled show, were allowed to attend, and all went well

MSG tomorrow night - Looking forward to it

I didn't believe the original story for the cancellation but since then Axl and his manager have actually posted on the biggest GNR message board giving their side so there must be more to it than just Axl flaked. Looks like a decent show last night, some sound problems but they did Down on the Farm again so thats cool.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,245
    bobasfeet wrote:
    It says "forthcoming"...CD has been "forthcoming" for about 13 years.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    I didn't believe the original story for the cancellation but since then Axl and his manager have actually posted on the biggest GNR message board giving their side so there must be more to it than just Axl flaked. Looks like a decent show last night, some sound problems but they did Down on the Farm again so thats cool.

Yeah, Down on the Farm is cool, but you could seriously replace that with any number of the obscure Illusion songs, and the fans would like it better
    Ah, Fuck it - at least they're mixing it up a bit, I guess.
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Options
    how are we notified if it is cancelled? i'm going monday night to baltimore.
    i just looked on TM and it looks like ticket sales are not doing so well.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    also, i checked on papa roach's website and he's not going to be in b'more on monday with gnr, but sabastian bach is.

is it just SB? is there a chance that axl could play before midnight! i don't understand why TM doesn't have this info on it, listing the opening bands.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    how are we notified if it is cancelled? i'm going monday night to baltimore

whenever axl doesn't show up and you see people turning over cars and shit, that will be your notice that it is cancelled.