Options

guns n' roses

Pearljammin23Pearljammin23 Posts: 32
edited October 2006 in Other Music
I was just wondering if anyone on here has heard anything about when axls album chinese democracy would be coming out. or if any other tour dates were going to be in the u.s. besides the ones at new york. i mean before axl went crazy, g n r was one of my favorite bands and i saw most of them with velvet revolver, and i wouldnt mind seeing axl do his thing on stage.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    hey dude, im pretty sure their new cd is gonna be out in the fall....but axl is a lunatic and not many people like him anymore
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    cant help you with the US, but they were just announced to open for the Stones in Germany, but now that is up in the air depending on Keith Richards health.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    I was just wondering if anyone on here has heard anything about when axls album chinese democracy would be coming out. or if any other tour dates were going to be in the u.s. besides the ones at new york. i mean before axl went crazy, g n r was one of my favorite bands and i saw most of them with velvet revolver, and i wouldnt mind seeing axl do his thing on stage.

Axl did an interview last Friday night and claims it will be out in late Fall, who knows if it will actually happen but that's what he said with a US tour to follow.
  • Options
    I'll believe it when I see it!! Axl has been saying it's coming soon for the past ten years!
    Manchester 4/6/2000

and then wait 6 years...

Leeds 25/8/2006
    Paris 11/9/2006
    Wembley 18/6/2007
    Check out the Wembley Blog here - http://pjwembley.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I'll believe it when I see it!! Axl has been saying it's coming soon for the past ten years!

http://bifsniff.com/cartoons/2005/03/guns-and-roses.php
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Of fuckin course it's coming out!! And if the leaked tracks are anything to go by it's gonna be sick

http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp

<3 Axl
  • Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I got tickets to see these guys in November. Only wish Slash and Duff were going to be there too.
  • Options
    Of fuckin course it's coming out!! And if the leaked tracks are anything to go by it's gonna be sick

http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp

<3 Axl

You are right it will be sick. It will make you puke, it will be garbage!!!

Guns used to be one of my fave bands. What has become out of them is a tragedy. Axl is a psycopath. For me No Slash=No Guns
  • Options

Guns used to be one of my fave bands. What has become out of them is a tragedy. Axl is a psycopath. For me No Slash=No Guns

Many times have we all heard this, except alot funnier. Axl was and is GN'R, GN'R still exsist, they are touring, there is a new album coming out.

For me No Slash=No Guns - exactly like you said for you

so for you Slash = Velvet Revolver stop posting in GN'R threads in such case
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Many times have we all heard this, except alot funnier. Axl was and is GN'R, GN'R still exsist, they are touring, there is a new album coming out.

For me No Slash=No Guns - exactly like you said for you

so for you Slash = Velvet Revolver stop posting in GN'R threads in such case

Agreed. and there aren't 'koekebakkers' (bad members) in Guns N' Roses at the moment. The drummer is from Primus, the bassist is from the Replacements and the other players are very good guitarists. You don't have to expect that Guns N' Roses sound will come back, but expect a new sound from Guns N' Roses 2.0. :)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Agreed. and there aren't 'koekebakkers' (bad members) in Guns N' Roses at the moment. The drummer is from Primus, the bassist is from the Replacements and the other players are very good guitarists. You don't have to expect that Guns N' Roses sound will come back, but expect a new sound from Guns N' Roses 2.0. :)

Exactly!!

Have you heard this..new leak? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7i-r45GAmQ
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787

I concur.
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    I concur.

Pfft your favourite album period is Achtung Baby there for "I" concur
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I think Robin Finck really adds to the formula. Too bad that he'll probably leave the band soon... he just doesn't seem like he'd fit the GNR crowd.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Robin has been in the band since '98 so I don't know why he'd leave now when Axl is finally doing something.
  • Options
    Exactly!!

Have you heard this..new leak? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7i-r45GAmQ

Hey thanks, I didn't heard it.

I don't know why people are complaining. Did people ever complain about Deep Purple, if there is a group with more rotations in their line up then GnR then it's Deep Purple.
  • Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Chinese Demcracy will nevere come out !!
    I read a great article recently about famous artistic procrastinators, and this topped the list.
    Too much hype to live up too. While you're waiting you're not disappointed, but no album will ever be good enough for the hype over this one!!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Hey thanks, I didn't heard it.

I don't know why people are complaining. Did people ever complain about Deep Purple, if there is a group with more rotations in their line up then GnR then it's Deep Purple.

hahaha I know! How many Chinese Democracy threads have there been! it's always the same. The album isn't coming out, no GN'R without Slash *yawns
    I'm old enough (unfortunately) to have been a fan from day 1, and i still love the current GN'R. If they don't like GN'R without Slash then they should fuk off, it really is as simple as that
  • Options
    Chinese Demcracy will nevere come out !!
    I read a great article recently about famous artistic procrastinators, and this topped the list.
    Too much hype to live up too. While you're waiting you're not disappointed, but no album will ever be good enough for the hype over this one!!!

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't. I thought GN'R were done long time ago so to have new tracks from them, that are awesome! is a bonus, the fact i got to see them live in July amazing!! And already the song "Better" alone for me has been worth the wait so yeh who cares, and if the album does come out in November as rumoured which i believe it will - great. I'd take the leaked tracks over Velvet Revolver anyday my god that band is shite

:D
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    DOSW wrote:
    I think Robin Finck really adds to the formula. Too bad that he'll probably leave the band soon... he just doesn't seem like he'd fit the GNR crowd.
    he certainly does..don't see him leaving though considering he's been with Axl for almost 10 years now..
    hahaha I know! How many Chinese Democracy threads have there been! it's always the same. The album isn't coming out, no GN'R without Slash *yawns
    I'm old enough (unfortunately) to have been a fan from day 1, and i still love the current GN'R. If they don't like GN'R without Slash then they should fuk off, it really is as simple as that
    haha..a reason why i ignore most if not all GN'R threads here..it's the same rubbish..
    i think 16 seconds of Checkmate beats anything VR has done haha..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    he certainly does..don't see him leaving though considering he's been with Axl for almost 10 years now..

haha..a reason why i ignore most if not all GN'R threads here..it's the same rubbish..
    i think 16 seconds of Checkmate beats anything VR has done haha..

haha!
    Axl who wrote Better again? I know it wasn't Axl
    Anyway yeh this time last year we were saying the same shit :) ..it's closer than ever now tho!! :D
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    haha!
    Axl who wrote Better again? I know it wasn't Axl
    Anyway yeh this time last year we were saying the same shit :) ..it's closer than ever now tho!! :D
    it's a Finck song if i'm not wrong but i think Axl wrote the lyrics and Finck wrote the rest..

am confident it will come out soon with the relaunch of the site etc...maybe November 21st might be too soon being there hasn't been any real promotion by now.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    it's a Finck song if i'm not wrong but i think Axl wrote the lyrics and Finck wrote the rest..

am confident it will come out soon with the relaunch of the site etc...maybe November 21st might be too soon being there hasn't been any real promotion by now.

Such an amazing song.
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I'm sure the album will be good, i just wish he'd stop calling it Guns n' Roses.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    MCG wrote:
    I'm sure the album will be good, i just wish he'd stop calling it Guns n' Roses.

I just see it as Guns N' Roses 2.0

For Deep Purple I also always use the MK1 till MK5 line up. People are complaining about Guns N' Roses. But look at Deep Purple:

Deep Purple Mark I (April 1968 - June 1969)
    Ritchie Blackmore (guitar)
    Rod Evans (vocals)
    Jon Lord (keyboards + backing vocals)
    Ian Paice (drums)
    Nick Simper (bass + backing vocals)

Deep Purple Mark IIa (June 1969 - 30 June 1973)
    Ian Gillan (vocals)
    Roger Glover (bass)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)

Deep Purple Mark III (October 1973 - 5 April 1975)
    David Coverdale (vocals)
    Glenn Hughes (bass + vocals)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)

Deep Purple Mark IV (1975 - July 1976 (last gig was March 15 1976))
    Tommy Bolin (guitar + vocals)
    David Coverdale (vocals)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)

Deep Purple Mark IIb (reunion) (April 1984 - April 1989)
    Same lineup as Mk II above. This lineup was often referred to as Mk V at the time, as fans didn't think they quite stood up to the past.

Deep Purple Mark V (Autumn 1989 - Autumn 1992) ("Mk. Turner" )
    Roger Glover (bass)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)
    Joe Lynn Turner (vocals)

Deep Purple Mark IIc (re-reunion?) (Autumn 1992 - 17 November 1993)
    Same lineup as Mk II above.

Deep Purple Mark VI (2. December 1993 - July 1994)
    Ian Gillan (vocals)
    Roger Glover (bass)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)
    Joe Satriani (guitar)
    This lineup was originally just for the Japanese tour, that had been announced before Blackmore quit in November. Due to the success of those shows, they also did a European tour in the summer of 1994. This is the only non-recording lineup so far.

Deep Purple Mark VII (November 1994 - February 2002)
    Ian Gillan (vocals)
    Roger Glover (bass and backing vocals)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)
    Steve Morse (guitar and backing vocals)

Deep Purple Mark VIII (March 2002 - present)
    Ian Gillan (vocals)
    Don Airey (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)

And did they made good music??? yes, they did :)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    I just see it as Guns N' Roses 2.0

For Deep Purple I also always use the MK1 till MK5 line up. People are complaining about Guns N' Roses. But look at Deep Purple:

Deep Purple Mark I (April 1968 - June 1969)
    Rod Evans (vocals)
    Jon Lord (keyboards + backing vocals)
    Ian Paice (drums)
    Nick Simper (bass + backing vocals)

Deep Purple Mark IIa (June 1969 - 30 June 1973)
    Ian Gillan (vocals)
    Roger Glover (bass)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)

Deep Purple Mark III (October 1973 - 5 April 1975)
    David Coverdale (vocals)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)

Deep Purple Mark IV (1975 - July 1976 (last gig was March 15 1976))
    Tommy Bolin (guitar + vocals)
    David Coverdale (vocals)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)

Deep Purple Mark IIb (reunion) (April 1984 - April 1989)
    Same lineup as Mk II above. This lineup was often referred to as Mk V at the time, as fans didn't think they quite stood up to the past.

Deep Purple Mark V (Autumn 1989 - Autumn 1992) ("Mk. Turner" )
    Roger Glover (bass)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)
    Joe Lynn Turner (vocals)

Deep Purple Mark IIc (re-reunion?) (Autumn 1992 - 17 November 1993)
    Same lineup as Mk II above.

Deep Purple Mark VI (2. December 1993 - July 1994)
    Ian Gillan (vocals)
    Roger Glover (bass)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)
    Joe Satriani (guitar)
    This lineup was originally just for the Japanese tour, that had been announced before Blackmore quit in November. Due to the success of those shows, they also did a European tour in the summer of 1994. This is the only non-recording lineup so far.

Deep Purple Mark VII (November 1994 - February 2002)
    Ian Gillan (vocals)
    Jon Lord (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)

Deep Purple Mark VIII (March 2002 - present)
    Ian Gillan (vocals)
    Don Airey (keyboards)
    Ian Paice (drums)

And did they made good music??? yes, they did :)

You Deep Purple nerd ;) Excellent point tho
  • Options
    You Deep Purple nerd ;) Excellent point tho

This is of a friend of mine, I thought he said that you can find it on the Deep Purple site. But they made with different line ups good albums. And Deep Purple markII was better then Guns N' Roses but I don't think you will agree with it. :D
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    This is of a friend of mine, I thought he said that you can find it on the Deep Purple site. But they made with different line ups good albums. And Deep Purple markII was better then Guns N' Roses but I don't think you will agree with it. :D

Yes you are correct i do not agree :D But to be fair i haven't listened to Deep Purple so i don't know :o
  • Options
    But to be fair i haven't listened to Deep Purple so i don't know :o

:eek: You really have to listen to:

- Deep Purple in Rock (1970)
    - Machine Head (1972)
    - Made in Japan [Live] (1972)

If you don't like these albums, then you don't have to listen to the rest. ;)