Options

guns n' roses

Comments

• Options
    I want to see the opening acts. I think they may be good. Of course GNR will be the best. Yeah I like VR and every GNR album. My least favortie is speggetti insident. My favortie would be in order

Appitite for Destruction
    Use Your Illusion 2
    Use Your Illusion 1
    Contraband
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    ha! So this late start thing is on purpose then...

haha, I thought they were either having technical difficulties, or Axl was being an asshole and didn't wanna come out :p

Axl has always done this. Right or wrong - if your ticket says 8pm - don't go in untill at least 10pm if you plan on bitching. Slash & Co used to wait around and get plastered untill they received word that Axl had his head together enough to pull of the gig - He's changed since the early 90's , but not everything - deal with it - because I believe he's a regular vamp - up all night - sleeps all day
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Axl has always done this. Right or wrong - if your ticket says 8pm - don't go in untill at least 10pm if you plan on bitching. Slash & Co used to wait around and get plastered untill they received word that Axl had his head together enough to pull of the gig - He's changed since the early 90's , but not everything - deal with it - because I believe he's a regular vamp - up all night - sleeps all day

haha, nah. I wasn't bitching about it. I love gn'r so fuckin' much that I would've waited the whole night to see them if I had to. My buddy didn't think the same though.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    I'll try and get there in the gap between the opening acts and the show itself. How long do the opening acts typically go on for?

I really don't know. it depends. Like on this tour they have 2 opening act. But when I saw them at hammerstein they had one. It was Bullet for my Valentine. I guess they were on for prob. an hour, give or take 15 min. Worst hour of my life though haha, god they sucked!

But for this tour I would guess about and hour and a half for the opening acts. Just my guess tho.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    They didn't take the stage until midnight last night in Tampa... literally moments after the crowd starting booing, the lights went down... And damn they played great, its a shame so many people left, by halfway through the show the place was pretty empty... i was kind of getting worried they would just pack it and say the hell with it, but they just kept playing their hearts out like it was a packed house... And they played "Used to Love Her" at the request of the great Tommy Stinson, which absolutely made my night...

And damn leaving for work at 7 this morning sucked... In fact I think I am going to bed.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    They didn't take the stage until midnight last night in Tampa... literally moments after the crowd starting booing, the lights went down... And damn they played great, its a shame so many people left, by halfway through the show the place was pretty empty... i was kind of getting worried they would just pack it and say the hell with it, but they just kept playing their hearts out like it was a packed house... And they played "Used to Love Her" at the request of the great Tommy Stinson, which absolutely made my night...

And damn leaving for work at 7 this morning sucked... In fact I think I am going to bed.

They played Used to Love Her?!?!?! :eek:

lucky lucky you! :D I would've traded it for "Outta Get me."

Setlist? :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

Setlist? :)

Almost the same as the night before. I hope they start playing Rocket Queen and Madagascar again.

1. Welcome To The Jungle
    2. So Easy
    3. Mr. Brownstone
    4. Live & Let Die
    5. Robin guitar solo ->
    6. -> Sweet Child O' Mine
    7. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    8. You Could Be Mine
    9. Piano Jam
    10. Dizzy piano solo
    11. The Blues
    12. Better
    13. Band Introduction
    14. Rich guitar solo/dual w/ Robin ("Beautiful")
    15. Out Ta Get Me
    16. Piano Moving Jam ->
    17. -> November Rain
    18. Bumblefoot guitar solo ("Don't Cry")
    19. My Michelle (w/ Sebastian Bach)
    20. Used To Love Her
    21. I.R.S.
    22. Patience
    23. Nightrain
    24. Chinese Democracy (encore)
    25. Paradise City (encore)
  • Options
    I'll be going to the Greensboro show next week and can't wait.

I saw the mostly original lineup in 1993 so I'm not disillusioned as to what and whom I'm going to see. I've seen a lot of footage from the European tour and these guys are flawless. I don't care that it took 3 guitarists to replace 2 or that people think Axl can't sing live. He sounds the same live that he always has due to his constant energy and running all over the damn place.

I was confused about the whole "which drummer will be there tonight" story, but it seems to be due to the fact that Brain just had a child and is only going to play the shows he feels he can make it to. But I here Frank is actually pulling off the songs better, but we'll see.
  • Options
    When I listen to guns n roses the music is just as import as the voice. I think the concert will be fun and they will sound good but know one can replace matt,duff, izzy,and slash and sound like exactly like gnr.

The new album will not sound like the old band it is impossible because the band is not gnr it is gnr 2.0. Also, for some reason axl is singing diffent on the new stuff. I dont like how he is singing on checkmate and the blues. He does sing some of the songs like he used to though like better, and chinese democracy. So I am interested in the new album. Hopefully it rocks. I am hoping the actual album is better then the concert footage I have seen of the new song. Keep in mind on the album Axl may have backing vocals that he cant do in concert. This could make it better. Also, he should be able to screem better because he can take as many takes as he wants and does not have to worry about running out of breath.

I think axl really shines in the recording studio wait and see I guess.
  • Options
    When I listen to guns n roses the music is just as import as the voice. I think the concert will be fun and they will sound good but know one can replace matt,duff, izzy,and slash and sound like exactly like gnr.

The new album will not sound like the old band it is impossible because the band is not gnr it is gnr 2.0. Also, for some reason axl is singing diffent on the new stuff. I dont like how he is singing on checkmate and the blues. He does sing some of the songs like he used to though like better, and chinese democracy. So I am interested in the new album. Hopefully it rocks. I am hoping the actual album is better then the concert footage I have seen of the new song. Keep in mind on the album Axl may have backing vocals that he cant do in concert. This could make it better. Also, he should be able to screem better because he can take as many takes as he wants and does not have to worry about running out of breath.

I think axl really shines in the recording studio wait and see I guess.

Checkmate???? I've only heard a 20 second clip of this song - Do you have something more?
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Options
    The version I heard of checkmate was a clip so hopefully the rest of the song is better . I think musically it sounds good. I just expected more out of axl.

Check out the you tube video for chinese democarcy song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1sz8DTojHqY

I think this song has some potential. I think the studio version may be great.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Wow, "Better" live seems like it's a million times better than the studio version. Assuming the Harley commercial is using the studio version, it lacks any speck of energy compared to it live.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    yeah I agree it sounds so much better live. They need to rerecord it and show this much emotion. Also, the new lead guitarist is better I think. Hopefully the real song on the ablum sounds more like the live version.
  • Options
    I've been watching the hell out of the Rock Am Ring DVD I downloaded. Damn I can't wait until next Sunday...
  • Options
    The dueling lead guitars on TWAT are some of coolest shit I've heard in awhile
    The live version kills the vocals, but watching the guitar work is impressive
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    Wow, "Better" live seems like it's a million times better than the studio version. Assuming the Harley commercial is using the studio version, it lacks any speck of energy compared to it live.

nah, I think it's just that the Black Sheep commercial has a funny mix because they have to balance the music with the other sounds in the video. So I wouldn't judge to much on the energy and whatnot from that clip. I've actually yet to hear a version of Better live where it has been NAILED.
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    The version I heard of checkmate was a clip so hopefully the rest of the song is better . I think musically it sounds good. I just expected more out of axl.

Check out the you tube video for chinese democarcy song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1sz8DTojHqY

I think this song has some potential. I think the studio version may be great.

That is my favourite version i've heard of that song
  • Options
    To be honest, if you really think about the pull towards this band, what Axl Rose is trying to do, if he pulls it off, releases this album, and puts them back on the map to the point where they can sell out Huge Stadiums again, it's pretty impressive - A band that famous, to break it up, rebuild it, and come 3/4 circle is such a unique thing, I was trying to think of another band/artist that has done this, using the same name, and was having a hard time.

Anyway, a lot ( or all) depends upon this album. If it's as strong as many people think it will be ( myself included) a second history of this band can be written.

That being said, there's just something, still not right. To start this tour, call it the Chinese Democracy tour, and still not release it, let alone release a release date, or release a date to release a release date, not only makes as little sense promotion-wise as anything, it just kinda reminds you that no matter what, this guy is always going to be one confusing dude - ah fuck it - I just want the album out there, like a lot of people, I guess
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    Ok...I have never owned a GnR album despite liking many of their songs. Since I moved to Iowa concerts are hard to come by, so you guys have inspired me and I purchased tix to the Iowa show. It better be good. ;)

By the way, thanks to whoever posted links to their new songs...helped me make my decision.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Six days until I see them in NJ. I'm starting to get restless!
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    NOVEMBER 21st??????? this could be the release date according to retail sources, axl himself has said it'd be this year and the 21st happens to be a tuesday (record companyspokesman claimed itd be released on a tuesday in 2006....................
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    NOVEMBER 21st??????? this could be the release date according to retail sources, axl himself has said it'd be this year and the 21st happens to be a tuesday (record companyspokesman claimed itd be released on a tuesday in 2006....................

ya and merck (gnr's manager) has stated that there are only ten tuesdays left (he said this like 2 wks ago, so now its like 8 left) until the end of the yr. Meaning the CD should come out on one of those tuesdays. He also said they could just release the thing without even announcing it. so you could walk into a music store one tuesday and CD will be there. How fuckin sweet would that be?!

Anyone see the setlist that got posted on GNR's official site? It got taken down. But it had these songs as *options for the band to play:

Prostitute (new song, never heard before)
    Down on the Farm
    Perfect Crime
    Nice Boys
    If the World (new song, never heard before)

If they play any of these at any of the upcoming concerts that would ROCK!
  • Options
    here's the pic of that setlist. If you look closely you can see the songs chosen as *options:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g174/Jackamo1/home_setlist.jpg
  • Options
    icarus wrote:
    not possible to just release an album out of the blue. if they dont announce anything in the next 2 weeks or so then its looking like 2007 release.

Limp Bizkit did it. Yes, their album flopped, but that was because it sucked major ass.

If GNR's album is good, then it shouldn't flop if it is released in this fashion.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:

Freakin' AWESOME!!! :D I can't wait :)

Let's hope it does get released this year and it doesn't end up being a promise for the next. How long have we been hearing the release rumors of this album? a decade? haha :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this year is THE year :p

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Well I'm getting excited since I'll be seeing the show tonight in Greensboro and my friend that I'm going with sent me this and I think it's a very interesting read and a great insight of the current state of the band. It's by Del James, so any long-time fan should recognize his name and know his connection to the band.

Check it out: http://www.thenewguns.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1723
  • Options
    deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    what a shame that the guitar melodies of slash were not appreciated by everyone in the band
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Options
    deadnote wrote:
    what a shame that the guitar melodies of slash were not appreciated by everyone in the band

Too bad nobody cares about his guitar melodies in Slash's Snakepit and/or Velvet Revolver. Just goes to show, Axl was the REAL glue and mastermind of the band. Not dissing slash, cause i love him, but it's the truth.

Only 8 tuesdays left in the yr.
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    I just was listening to this acoustic version of November Rain and thought I'd share it since its alot better IMO than the final version that was released.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Z6VDVtH89w