Options

guns n' roses

Comments

• Options
    edeneden Posts: 407
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Latest rumblings appear to be that an album release date for Chinese Democracy may surface when this tour starts next week - and that a new song may drop or be played live, as well

Though Classic Axl management is neither confirming nor denying this I read.
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Klumpie wrote:
    haha that's great. :D:D so who is next...Black Sabbath or Rolling Stones or Pearl Jam or :D:D:D You see a damn lot of shows.

hahaha, not really. I would say I'm just on a roll, or lucky strike sorta thing :p
    Things just turned out that way lately (and I'm darn glad they did! :D ).

Funny thing is, I only had to pay for the GnR ticket. So I guess double lucky me? :p haha :D

I saw Black Sabbath last year, Rolling Stones already came through, but who knows...maybe I'll have a chance to see them in the future. But I sure hope my first ever Pearl Jam show is next!!!!! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Detour/Black_Sheep.jsp?locale=en_US

The song Better is being used in a Harley ad, I'm not a fan of bands putting song s in ads but I dig the tune.
  • Options
    btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    Please don't suck, please don't suck. I can't shake the feeling that this album will suck. I hope to God I'm wrong, but I won't be bitter if it does.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    btb002 wrote:
    Please don't suck, please don't suck. I can't shake the feeling that this album will suck. I hope to God I'm wrong, but I won't be bitter if it does.

I'm pretty confident that it will not only " not suck " but that it will be Unbelievable
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    I'm pretty confident that it will not only " not suck " but that it will be Unbelievable

I hope so. Better sounds pretty cool...

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    icarus wrote:
    catcher in the rye, madagascar, the blues, and there was a time are much more epic sounding. better has the poppy modern rock radio sound that will probably help them get some good radio play which is prob. why its the single. ive never liked IRS that much.

I only have like 1.5 minute leaked version of Better and IRS, and I heard Better on the Harley commercial. I haven't heard the other ones :o

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I only have like 1.5 minute leaked version of Better and IRS, and I heard Better on the Harley commercial. I haven't heard the other ones :o

There Was a Time-
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yn3dKjkOw94

Catcher In The Rye-
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=n8Xal5lj3Ag

Madagascar-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYRdHb0iOOM
  • Options

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    something should go down this week...monday or tuesday i hope.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    icarus wrote:
    catcher in the rye, madagascar, the blues, and there was a time are much more epic sounding. better has the poppy modern rock radio sound that will probably help them get some good radio play which is prob. why its the single. ive never liked IRS that much.

No sh*t? IRS I absolutely love - sounds like an old kick-ass Zeppelin song off of one of the 1st two albums

Catcher & The Blues I find a little boring

Madagascar is classic Axl and the guitar playing on TWAT is off-the-charts

Lookin forward to it
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Options
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    No sh*t? IRS I absolutely love - sounds like an old kick-ass Zeppelin song off of one of the 1st two albums

Catcher & The Blues I find a little boring

Madagascar is classic Axl and the guitar playing on TWAT is off-the-charts

Lookin forward to it

I agree w/irs sounding a little like Zep, but the lyrics to me are a little weak; pretty much the song's only draw back.

I think Catcher is one of the best of the new tracks...just need the final mix of it to really appreciate it. But I do agree with The Blues...it's a little boring for me, except for at the end.
  • Options
    I agree w/irs sounding a little like Zep, but the lyrics to me are a little weak; pretty much the song's only draw back.

I think Catcher is one of the best of the new tracks...just need the final mix of it to really appreciate it. But I do agree with The Blues...it's a little boring for me, except for at the end.

The lyrics to Catcher I like a lot, but the melody just does'nt do it for me - I do like the end of the song though
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014

I agree. Same with Better... music sounds great, but the lyrics seem to be lacking.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    The Gn'R USA tour kicks off today. And I'm going to the first show :D (don't know if that's good or bad...lol)

But it's gonna fuckin' ROCK! :D

Also, today I got the DVD of their last show before they broke up, the 1993 Argentina show. AND WOW! it's just...AWESOME.

WOOHOO!

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Hey where or how did you get the dvd? I think that could be awsome. Is it a proshot? Thanks. Yeah I am going to see GNR in Auburn Hills on November 11th. Let me know how your show goes.
  • Options
    The Chinese Democracy song is good. I like the song Better also. Of course I have only heard the demo leaks or concert footage.
  • Options
    Hey where or how did you get the dvd? I think that could be awsome. Is it a proshot? Thanks. Yeah I am going to see GNR in Auburn Hills on November 11th. Let me know how your show goes.

Try dimeadozen.org I think it was on there, the last two shows of the UYI lineup have proshot vids out there IIRC, prett damn good shows as well.
  • Options
    A new show was added in Canada-

from HTGTH:

GUNS N ROSES

21 Nov 2006 , 8:00 PM

Saint John, NB at the Harbour Station
    Doors Open: 7:00 PM

Tickets go on sale on 28th of October and are priced $57.50 or $72.50.
  • Options

Yep. It's proshot.

Here's the direct link to it:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27562&highlight=guns+roses

Just go to the bottom of the post, where it says "Attached files" and click on the torrent link to download the torrent.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Tuesday, October 24th 2006. Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL.

*First show of Northamerican Tour.

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo, Out Ta Get Me, Better, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, I.R.S., Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain
    Encores: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City

Sebastian Bach opened the show, then Papa Roach. Papa Roach finished their set at 10pm. After about 1 hour waiting for Gn'R to come out, people started to lose their patience, and some of us who knew about Axl's background were starting to get worried about a possible no-show on Axl's part. But fortunately, at about 11.20 the lights went out and the first notes to Welcome to the Jungle started to fill the place. During the first few songs I was in complete awe, and I almost cried of happiness, haha. I had this really stupid smile on my face pretty much throughout the whole show.

The crowd's energy was unbelievable. Everyone sang along to every freaking song. Specially at the beginning, the people were so loud that they almost overpowered the music. Great crowd participation during Knocking on Heaven's Door, with the special back-to-back sing along between Axl and the crowd.

Axl's voice? It's still as good as it ever was, or perhaps even BETTER! He still has it. The voice, the energy, the moves, and the presence.

The musicians? very good indeed. They nailed every song. The one who stood out for me was Richard Fortus. GREAT guitarrist, his solos were fantastic.

The lights were awesome as well, as were the fireworks and fireballs throghout the show, and the huge rain of little red papers at the end of Paradise City.

Sebastian Bach joined Axl on stage for My Michelle. He rocked. The show ended at about 1.30 am. They played for a little more than 2 hours.

Axl doesn't seem to be the "asshole" he used to be. It seems he matured, or maybe it was, like he said, all those nights of partying before the show that had him mellowed out, and that he didn't know if he was gonna survive Miami!

What else can I say? It was an excellent show. IT FUCKIN' ROCKED! :D and I'm extremely glad I had the chance to witness it.

P.S.: Chinese Democracy seems like a very promising album, this new Gn'R is on to something. That's an album I'll get for sure when it comes out.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Awsome. Sounds like it was one hell of a good time. I am so glad it rocked that much. I cant wait to see the show in Auburn Hills on Nov 11th.

As far a the album. I would think their would be more internet promotion going on if it was coming out. You would think a single would be released to radio before it came out. Normally the band goes and tours the radiostations to get them to play it before the release an album. Well maybe GNR does not need to do that though. They are touring so that is a good sign.

You would think they would have a street team and stuff. The do have a new web site. http://www.gunsnroses.com . I am not sure how much I will like the new album when it comes out. I do like the song Better and the song Chinese Democracy so who knows. I dont really like the other leaked song much. Hopefully the album versions will be a lot better......
  • Options
    Great review, can't wait for November 5th when I see them.

So they ended around 1:30 AM, huh? What time did the show officially start? 8 PM?
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    Great review, can't wait for November 5th when I see them.

So they ended around 1:30 AM, huh? What time did the show officially start? 8 PM?

Well, on the ticket it said it would start at 7.30. At that time, me and my buddy, along with a WHOLE bunch of people were on the lines to get in. When we got inside, I think it was around 9pm or 9 something...Sebastian was already playing, and we got to hear the last 2 songs he played. So I guess it started around 9...or 8.30 maybe, I'm not sure.

With the whole starting up late thing, I was extremely worried about the possibility of getting completely screwed with the setlist, meaning they would have to shorten it. And I had a reason to be worried, since that's what happened with Alice in Chains 2 weeks ago, we missed out on the acoustic set because the show started too late.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Well, on the ticket it said it would start at 7.30. At that time, me and my buddy, along with a WHOLE bunch of people were on the lines to get in. When we got inside, I think it was around 9pm or 9 something...Sebastian was already playing, and we got to hear the last 2 songs he played. So I guess it started around 9...or 8.30 maybe, I'm not sure.

With the whole starting up late thing, I was extremely worried about the possibility of getting completely screwed with the setlist, meaning they would have to shorten it. And I had a reason to be worried, since that's what happened with Alice in Chains 2 weeks ago, we missed out on the acoustic set because the show started too late.

Cool. I really could not care less about seeing Sebastian Bach or Papa Roach, so I'll probably get there a little later.
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    Cool. I really could not care less about seeing Sebastian Bach or Papa Roach, so I'll probably get there a little later.

Yes, you will DEF. wanna get there a little latter. At tonights show GNR didn't go on until 12:05 and when I saw them at Hammerstein they didn't go on until around 11:15, about 1.75 hrs after the opening band. So if you don't care about either opening acts get there AT LEAST an hour after the opening acts get off.
  • Options
    Yes, you will DEF. wanna get there a little latter. At tonights show GNR didn't go on until 12:05 and when I saw them at Hammerstein they didn't go on until around 11:15, about 1.75 hrs after the opening band. So if you don't care about either opening acts get there AT LEAST an hour after the opening acts get off.

ha! So this late start thing is on purpose then...

haha, I thought they were either having technical difficulties, or Axl was being an asshole and didn't wanna come out :p

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 401
    eden wrote:
    Why do Axl fans have to hate Slash and VR? Or conversely Slash people hate Axl? They are both musical geniuses in their own right.
    Its so played out, this feud, I get tired of that sh*t.

I try to put band politics, attitude, and lineups in the backround when I listen to the music. Good music is good music to me. What is good music to me may not be for you, but I love the VR album, every Gnr album, and every Pearl Jam album. VR really kicked my ass in Montreal!! I can't wait for Chinese Democracy and to see Axl live for the first time in my life in Halifax next month. Just to hear the great classics in an arena rock show.....o fuck I'm trembling with anxiety!!!! I'm willing to bet Chinese Democracy will put rock back in it's place when compared to most music these days. O fuck! :D:D
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Next~Boston 1 24|Next~Boston 2 24|
  • Options

I'll try and get there in the gap between the opening acts and the show itself. How long do the opening acts typically go on for?