Options

guns n' roses

Comments

• Options
    hey dude, im pretty sure their new cd is gonna be out in the fall....but axl is a lunatic and not many people like him anymore

fall was what they have been saying fpr 10 years
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    fall was what they have been saying fpr 10 years

Nope, this year it was the 1e time that it came out of Axl's mouth.
  • Options
    how does Axl look? is he still as cute as he was in the early nineties?
  • Options

oh dear. you may be in for a shock. his MTV performance from a few years ago is probably on youtube.com. he had these weird cornrows and his eyebrows were missing. i think he's been rocking a goatee lately. surely there's something current on this great big internet.

i'm still buying Chinese Democracy on the day it comes out, if that ever happens.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    edeneden Posts: 407

It looks like his face caught on fire or something. Fake hair, no eyebrows, waxy skin...*sigh* def. not our old Axl.
  • Options

you decide

http://www.mugshots.com/IMAGES/Mugshot__axl-rose-2.jpg
    your eyes make a circle,
    I see you when I go in there.
  • Options

That mug shot is actually mid 90's, he still looked semi-Human.

If she saw a recent pic I think she would be in a fetal position sucking her thumb and rocking back and forth in a closet.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Yeah well. At least he isn't running around in underwear and a cape on stage anymore.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Guns n Roses with Papa Roach as the opener that could be pretty interesting
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Fuck an A. This gives me chills. Even if Axl runs out of breath and goes way out of key during Madagascar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nxw3PwigII
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    fanch75 wrote:
    Fuck an A. This gives me chills. Even if Axl runs out of breath and goes way out of key during Madagascar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nxw3PwigII

Just a glorified tribute band that looks like they should be in the circus. They don't even look like a classic rock band, more like some Marilyn Manson castoffs. When I see GnR I don't want to see dreadlocks, I don't want to see masks and I don't want to feel like I'm seeing Korn. Actually Buckethead is gone now, so at least they got that going for them. I saw them 3 years ago, and honestly got a little bored. Now Velvet Revolver, THEY got it right.

You throw David Lee Roth on stage, play the old songs, give him a huge audience to play and put it on national television, and it'll rock. For about 2 minutes, until you realize how bad he looks with his castoff musicians and then wonder where Eddie Van Halen and the boys are. Same with this.

Of course, I'll buy the record. Then again, Axl never did sound that great in concert, but those records are incredible, and I'm sure the new one will be very good.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Just a glorified tribute band that looks like they should be in the circus. They don't even look like a classic rock band, more like some Marilyn Manson castoffs.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f333/thewildheart/14tmvet.jpg

They pretty much just wear jeans and tshirts.
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I dont know how old you are.. but when GnR were big, it was head line news when he was abusing his wife. I didn't own a computer at that time, I remember it being in the entertainment/music section of the Calgary Herald and Vancouver Sun. Sorry.. guess I just have another opinion. He never did publicly apologize that I know of.. and to the other comment that was made about how people make mistakes when they are young.. he wasn't that young.. he was old enough to know that hitting women is not okay. I dated guys in grade 9 that never laid a hand on me and knew that it wasn't right.. so what's his excuse when he was in his 20's.
    this is just my opinion.. practicing that good ol freedom of speech thing while I still can yah know.
    not saying I dont like thier music.. because I did enjoy it back then.. but as soon as he was doing stupid shit like that.. and it wasn't just once, I would rather listen to and spend my money on greater people that have more respect for them selves and other people.
    peace and love.
    Im 28, never had mtv either so I guess less yankee music news was available over here..............what I meant was just a case that I dont know the guy full-stop, and whilst yes some intrigue is to be there based on my fondness for his music at the end that is all there is--the music. I dont condone violence towards women (to be honest, something Ive never been exposed to ,though there are some very nasty women about y'know) or any formm of bullying. Sorry to hear bout what happened to you.
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    elmer wrote:
    Im 28, never had mtv either so I guess less yankee music news was available over here..............what I meant was just a case that I dont know the guy full-stop, and whilst yes some intrigue is to be there based on my fondness for his music at the end that is all there is--the music. I dont condone violence towards women (to be honest, something Ive never been exposed to ,though there are some very nasty women about y'know) or any formm of bullying. Sorry to hear bout what happened to you.

I think if we were only to listen to music by rock stars who behaved then we wouldn't have much music to listen to and end of the day it's all about the music, not their personal life...plus the lampshade remark, personally i found hilarious :D
  • Options
    Just a glorified tribute band that looks like they should be in the circus.

You're entitled to your opinion
    Now Velvet Revolver, THEY got it right.

HAHAHAHAHA Thanks for making me laugh, after i read that i didn't read the rest
  • Options
    You're entitled to your opinion

HAHAHAHAHA Thanks for making me laugh, after i read that i didn't read the rest

So you actually like the 'new' ripoff Guns n Roses, but you think VR is a joke?! Umm ok, I've NEVER heard that opinion before, but you're entitled to it. Just know, you are in the overwhelming minority.
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    The new GNR covers band are awful...Axl at Donnington Park this year was the biggest joke i have seen and heard in years.

Sad really 'cause i used to love GNR when in my early teens and i cant bear VR either :(
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    So you actually like the 'new' ripoff Guns n Roses, but you think VR is a joke?! Umm ok, I've NEVER heard that opinion before, but you're entitled to it. Just know, you are in the overwhelming minority.

Who died and made you the messiah of Guns N' Roses?? Just know? wit? Nah just YOU know we all have our own opinions some of us are not so arrogant to hit out with this is this this is that it's just your opinion, and everyone i know thinks VR are shite. New GN'R old GN'R who gives 1 it's still GN'R whether you like it or not Axl has the rights and already Chinese Democracy leaked songs have blew away VR joke of an album
  • Options

I think the people they have do a fine job. I don't see how they're any less talented than Slash is. Maybe if you got the whole 'Slash is GNR!' mentality out of your head, you would find that the three perform just as well as Slash and Izzy or Gilby ever have.

And VR is decent. Nothing more.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    1) I love GNR, old, middle, and the new Chinese Democracy songs that have leaked sound incredible. GNR is a huge part of my youth so they are a band I feel tied to emotionally and will always love them. Axl, asshole or not, is a mad genius. I'm not sure about the dreadlocks, though.

2) I love Velvet Revolver. Any riffs from Slash with Weiland singing, well, most likely I will like those. I think Contraband had some great, great songs.

#1 and #2 above in combination are okay.

All I know is that if I turn on a tune and I hear a song that I like, then that's all that I need to know in order to enjoy listening to it.

edit: November Rain came on the radio as I was typing the above. Kick ass.

Insulting someone because they like a song by a band is kind of silly (unless they're insulting someone who likes riot act - b/c that is totally acceptable ;) ), but cool.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    1) I love GNR, old, middle, and the new Chinese Democracy songs that have leaked sound incredible. GNR is a huge part of my youth so they are a band I feel tied to emotionally and will always love them. Axl, asshole or not, is a mad genius. I'm not sure about the dreadlocks, though.

2) I love Velvet Revolver. Any riffs from Slash with Weiland singing, well, most likely I will like those. I think Contraband had some great, great songs.

All I know is that if I turn on a tune and I hear a song that I like, then that's all that I need to know in order to enjoy listening to it.

Insulting someone because they like a song by a band is kind of silly (unless they're insulting someone who likes riot act - b/c that is totally acceptable ;) ), but cool.

Agreed ^.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

I've never forgiven you for your drunken review of Riot Act. I know deep down you sort of like Riot Act.

BTW I can't wait for Chinese Democracy - those leaked songs I heard on the radio were great and have huge potential....
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options

I like the songs I've heard from the new GNR a hell of alot more than anything on Contraband. Slither is about the only song by VR that I like. I did go and see VR in concert twice and enjoyed myself, mainly because I'm a huge GNR fan and wanted to see Slash, Duff and Matt again.
  • Options
    Who died and made you the messiah of Guns N' Roses?? Just know? wit? Nah just YOU know we all have our own opinions some of us are not so arrogant to hit out with this is this this is that it's just your opinion, and everyone i know thinks VR are shite. New GN'R old GN'R who gives 1 it's still GN'R whether you like it or not Axl has the rights and already Chinese Democracy leaked songs have blew away VR joke of an album

lol!! Chill out there turbo. Don't take it so personally, sheesh! :rolleyes: YOU are the one who started with the arrogant attitude. Do you recall laughing and marginalizing my opinion? Thought so. :rolleyes:

I'm honest when I say, I've never heard anyone think Axl's new cover band is better than VR. Of course, classic GnR trumps all, but at least the rest of the band had the common sense to start a new band, with a new name and actually make some good, decent, ass kicking classic ROCK. That's integrity. Axl has hired and fired dozens of musicians, some decent and some just gimicky. I've heard most of the new stuff out there, and while it is decent, it's no classic GnR. That's not to mention some of the techno and Limp Bizkit sounding shit I've heard him try out.

You are entitled to your opinion, but there is no way IRS or Better (I think that's the name) musically trump the VR debut. You can say I'm Too Sexy is better than Stairway to Heaven too, but I'll say you're very, very wrong. Axl is a shell of his former self. He's a recluse with bad hair extensions, plastic surgery gone horribly wrong, bad botox, tired attitude, shot voice and an average cover band backing him up. VR still has the REAL GnR attitude, and are making great, relevant music, not retread Use Your Illusion tunes and techno garbage.

I never said I was the 'messiah' of GnR music. Hell, FAR from it. I haven't been a big fan in a long time. I know what they were and I know what Axl's become. I'm a fan of VR, and I can see what they are doing, and I can only speak for the opinions of the many, many people I've encountered who are/were GnR fans. Maybe it is different where you live, but until Axl does anything worthy of note (2 marginal leaked songs doesn't count), he will be considered a has-been and a joke, while VR will be considered relevant.
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    I think the people they have do a fine job. I don't see how they're any less talented than Slash is. Maybe if you got the whole 'Slash is GNR!' mentality out of your head, you would find that the three perform just as well as Slash and Izzy or Gilby ever have.

And VR is decent. Nothing more.

I haven't heard any original stuff from Buckethead or Robin Fink, or whoever else they got now that even remotely rivaled what Slash or the other guys have done. From GnR to the Snakepit to VR, Slash certainly trumps Axl's cover band any day of the week. I was also pretty turned off from Buckethead after the show, he was a real let down. Sure, they can pull off a performance up there, but don't forget whose music they are playing. It's not like nobody out there in the world can't cover the music.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    I like the songs I've heard from the new GNR a hell of alot more than anything on Contraband. Slither is about the only song by VR that I like. I did go and see VR in concert twice and enjoyed myself, mainly because I'm a huge GNR fan and wanted to see Slash, Duff and Matt again.

It just kills me they call it GnR. Can't we just say Axl instead? :D

I think the songs are decent, but they sound a little overproduced and 'electronic' for lack of a better word. A little too repetetive too. IRS sounded alright. The other one was so-so. The live ones I've heard have some big potential, but I'll reserve judgement when I hear it on record. I'm basing my criticisms more on their stage performance and the 2 studio leaks + Oh My God.
  • Options
    You are entitled to your opinion, but there is no way IRS or Better (I think that's the name) musically trump the VR debut. You can say I'm Too Sexy is better than Stairway to Heaven too, but I'll say you're very, very wrong.

No, no, no, no, no. Don't even make that comparison... you can say that you like the stuff on Contraband more than those two songs, but that's a grossly exaggerated and downright insulting metaphor.

I, for one, think Better and IRS blow anything on Contraband out of the water.

And Buckethead isn't in even in the band, man. Get your facts straight. It seems to me that the main reason you hate the new GNR is that you have a bias against them before you ever heard them, which is causing you to not like their music from the beginning.

I also think Slash sounds generic and indistinct in almost every single VR song. He's one of my favorites, don't get me wrong, but I don't think VR is using his strengths.
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    eden wrote:
    Agreed ^.

Agreed x 2 :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    i havent read through all 5 pages of this banter, but did anyone else notice on metacritic.com that the release date for Chinese democracy is going to be Nov. 21st 2006
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:

I also think Slash sounds generic and indistinct in almost every single VR song. He's one of my favorites, don't get me wrong, but I don't think VR is using his strengths.

Thats my opinion as well, I love Slash, I think his guitar work with Snakepit was alot better than the stuff on Contraband. I just was very dissapointed by Contraband, the songs are weak, they are good live because they play GNR and STP covers not beacuse they play shitty songs like Do it for the Kids or the god awful Big Machine.