Options

guns n' roses

Comments

• Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    So you actually like the 'new' ripoff Guns n Roses, but you think VR is a joke?! Umm ok, I've NEVER heard that opinion before, but you're entitled to it. Just know, you are in the overwhelming minority.

I think alot of people that like VR more than new GNR is just because Slash is considered the nice guy while Axl is an asshole, it doesn't have much to do about music. I don't know too many people who think the music on Contraband is really good, even huge Slash fans I know didn't like it.
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    lol!! Chill out there turbo. Don't take it so personally, sheesh! :rolleyes: YOU are the one who started with the arrogant attitude. Do you recall laughing and marginalizing my opinion? Thought so. :rolleyes:

I'm honest when I say, I've never heard anyone think Axl's new cover band is better than VR. Of course, classic GnR trumps all, but at least the rest of the band had the common sense to start a new band, with a new name and actually make some good, decent, ass kicking classic ROCK. That's integrity. Axl has hired and fired dozens of musicians, some decent and some just gimicky. I've heard most of the new stuff out there, and while it is decent, it's no classic GnR. That's not to mention some of the techno and Limp Bizkit sounding shit I've heard him try out.

You are entitled to your opinion, but there is no way IRS or Better (I think that's the name) musically trump the VR debut. You can say I'm Too Sexy is better than Stairway to Heaven too, but I'll say you're very, very wrong. Axl is a shell of his former self. He's a recluse with bad hair extensions, plastic surgery gone horribly wrong, bad botox, tired attitude, shot voice and an average cover band backing him up. VR still has the REAL GnR attitude, and are making great, relevant music, not retread Use Your Illusion tunes and techno garbage.

I never said I was the 'messiah' of GnR music. Hell, FAR from it. I haven't been a big fan in a long time. I know what they were and I know what Axl's become. I'm a fan of VR, and I can see what they are doing, and I can only speak for the opinions of the many, many people I've encountered who are/were GnR fans. Maybe it is different where you live, but until Axl does anything worthy of note (2 marginal leaked songs doesn't count), he will be considered a has-been and a joke, while VR will be considered relevant.

Wipe your chin, talking shite again. I laughed because the 1st post you made was arrogant, marginalizing your opinion? Go read your post again.

That's good you have changed your attitude a wee bit now anyway.
  • Options
    eden wrote:
    Agreed ^.

Of course you do, he has a penis hasn't he?!
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I bought my tix online today, even if slash and duff won't be there. I have never seen axl before, but my husband (the fan) has.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    edeneden Posts: 407
    Of course you do, he has a penis hasn't he?!

Excuse me?

Im surrounded by Men who have a penis all day at work, and usually agree with nothing they say.

I agreed here because what he said seemed logical.

F*cker.
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    eden wrote:
    Excuse me?

Im surrounded by Men who have a penis all day at work, and usually agree with nothing they say.

F*cker.

NEVERMIND :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    eden wrote:
    Excuse me?

F*cker.
    Why you responding to me, i'm not male?!
    You said Patience was on UYI2 that's you fucked for arguing
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    DOSW wrote:
    No, no, no, no, no. Don't even make that comparison... you can say that you like the stuff on Contraband more than those two songs, but that's a grossly exaggerated and downright insulting metaphor.

I, for one, think Better and IRS blow anything on Contraband out of the water.

And Buckethead isn't in even in the band, man. Get your facts straight. It seems to me that the main reason you hate the new GNR is that you have a bias against them before you ever heard them, which is causing you to not like their music from the beginning.

I also think Slash sounds generic and indistinct in almost every single VR song. He's one of my favorites, don't get me wrong, but I don't think VR is using his strengths.

I've said I'm looking forward to the album, and I'm sure there will be some very good music on it. I also think IRS and the ones I've heard are DECENT, nothing mind blowing. The VR stuff has swagger and attitude and is straight up r-n-r. The new Guns stuff sounds a little techno-ish and weird, not like old Guns.

I have heard the new band...I said I saw them live 2 years ago. I know Buckethead is gone now, but he didn't impress me in the least. Hopefully for them the new guy can bring some originality.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Wipe your chin, talking shite again. I laughed because the 1st post you made was arrogant, marginalizing your opinion? Go read your post again.

That's good you have changed your attitude a wee bit now anyway.

Thanks again tough guy, I DID read my posts, and I clearly see where you started personal bs with me first. My first post was arrogant? How? I stated my opinion on Axl's new cover band, and you basically said my opinion was worthless after you read the first sentence. Hardly civil discussion. You can discuss the merits or lack thereof of either band, as I have. Or you can disparage the poster stating his opinion, as you have. I'll choose the former.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options

Wtf ^^

Is English your first language dear?
  • Options

Incidentally, I could school you any day of the week on my knowledge of GnR, NEW and old..my "patience" faux paux aside.

Stop acting like a bully in this thread and leave people the hell alone.

Anyone who doesnt agree that Contraband brought R&R back to mainstream radio , whether you liked it or not is an idiot.

Also- anyone who doesnt recognize the "Industrial Rock" underpinnings of Chinese Democracy doesnt know music.
  • Options
    eden wrote:
    Anyone who doesnt agree that Contraband brought R&R back to mainstream radio , whether you liked it or not is an idiot.

There have been plenty of rock bands in the years before VR that have been on mainstream radio, Contraband didn't do anything special.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    There have been plenty of rock bands in the years before VR that have been on mainstream radio, Contraband didn't do anything special.

I didnt say in the years before, I specifically meant recently....in a time when hip-hop has world domination.

And yes, there are plenty of alternative rock bands being played, just not Rock N Roll bands like VR.

Lets face it...the era of the awe inspiring guitar-solo seems gone forever, Slash it just out of his element anywhere he is these days sadly.
  • Options
    There were alot of bands that are rock bands that were on mainstream radio at the same time as VR, it was just that you didn't like those ones. Contraband didn't do anything special and neither did VR, Slash is awesome but once again I think his talent is wasted in this band, his guitar work was more impressive with Snakepit. But I think we should just agree to disagree. I do hope if there is another VR album its more bluesy.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    There were alot of bands that are rock bands that were on mainstream radio at the same time as VR, it was just that you didn't like those ones. Contraband didn't do anything special and neither did VR, Slash is awesome but once again I think his talent is wasted in this band, his guitar work was more impressive with Snakepit. But I think we should just agree to disagree. I do hope if there is another VR album its more bluesy.

Well, I do digress that his work in Snakepit is incomparable.

Lets face it...never again will all the planets align and create a band with the dynamics of original GnR. Its like, that time has come and gone. Neither VR OR new GnR are ever going to replicate that moment in time.
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    eden wrote:
    Incidentally, I could school you any day of the week on my knowledge of GnR, NEW and old..my "patience" faux paux aside.

Also- anyone who doesnt recognize the "Industrial Rock" underpinnings of Chinese Democracy doesnt know music.
    the majority of contraband is mundane, yeah I like that 'sound' and did like STP but the actual songs are basic, it dont come close to the gnr songs Ive heard,,,,,,,one important factor is that GnR would almost certainly have made it without slash(they'd have been lesser for it) but without axl!! there woul;da been no go at all....................having gone a good few years without listening to any axl whatsoever hearing the new songs makes me excited.....'Better' is fucking amazing
  • Options
    eden wrote:

I'm British, ain't you speaking my language? I happen to come from Glasgow and proud, i do tend to type in my accent.
    As for your Patience faux paux, you also had a November Rain faux paux, but yes you schooled me big time.
    Me a bully? nah i just defend myself, but wasn't it you and your clique that got the AET closed down.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Fuck an A, man! Even threads about GNR start riots! I'm gonna take my old couch outside, set it on fire, turn over a few cars, and running around screaming while shirtless. Kick ass!

ps - i have two versions of "Better," both of which are cut show (one being 1:20 and the other being 2:06). This isn't due to edits - it's like the recorder shut off or something. Can someone hook a brotha up?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    ps - i have two versions of "Better," both of which are cut show (one being 1:20 and the other being 2:06). This isn't due to edits - it's like the recorder shut off or something. Can someone hook a brotha up?

http://download.yousendit.com/F40DBA650239DF02
  • Options
    , but wasn't it you and your clique that got the AET closed down.

Hey, were all allowed a margin for human error, right?
  • Options
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    In the new issue of Rolling Stone (web site) hitting stands this Friday (Oct. 20), writer Brian Hiatt reveals what he's discovered about the long-awaited GUNS N' ROSES album "Chinese Democracy". The article begins with this elusive quote from GN'R manager Merck Mercuriadis, in which he essentially retreads stuff we already know: "The album will come out this year. There are ten Tuesdays left before January — it will come out on one of them."

Following GUNS' headlining gig in San Bernadino, California, on September 23, GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose threw a party at his mansion and played the full album in his poolroom for visitors, including his friend Sebastian Bach, former singer of SKID ROW. "It was mind-blowing," says Bach, who is opening for GUNS N' ROSES on their upcoming North American arena tour. "It's a very cool album — it's badass with killer screams, killer guitar riffs, but it's got a totally modern sound. The word for it is 'grand.' It’s fucking epic. He's reinvented himself yet again."

The album includes some tracks that have been played live or leaked onto the Internet, including the poppy "Better" and the hard-hitting "I.R.S." "There's this one song called 'Sorry' that's almost like doom metal with Axl singing really clean over this grinding, slow beat that is fucking mean," says Bach. "I cannot get it out of my head."

Veteran engineer Andy Wallace, who mixed NIRVANA's "Nevermind", is working on the project, according to a source close to the band. "We're absolutely delighted with the mixes," the source told Rolling Stone.

On October 24, the band will kick off its North American tour in Miami. Two dates — November 10 in New York and November 20 in Halifax, Nova Scotia — are already sold out, according to Mercuriadis. Additional U.S. dates will be added in early 2007, and the band will return to the States in the summer as well, he says.

Though a source told Rolling Stone that the album is due November 21, Mercuriadis declined to confirm this. "I don't know that we will announce a release date," he says. "You just might walk into your record shop one Tuesday and find it there."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=60519
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Having seen the orginal GnR (twice), VR and the "new" GnR I can't see what you are all arguing about :confused:

Yep original GnR awesome... :o

VR were really good live, I think the album was above average but nothing stellar.

New GnR were also really good live and whilst the numerous guitarists added together couldn't get close to Slash to say Axl is past it is bollocks, it was the BEST performance I have seen from him.

Really looking forward to the new album too, finally... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    :D I'M SEEING the new GN'R ON TUESDAY! :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

Give a good review of that show. ;) and have fun. :)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Give a good review of that show. ;) and have fun. :)

Thanks Klumpie. I'm having the best month ever :D And now it turns out I will also see The Who in November!!!!! :D yay!

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Thanks Klumpie. I'm having the best month ever :D And now it turns out I will also see The Who in November!!!!! :D yay!

haha that's great. :D:D so who is next...Black Sabbath or Rolling Stones or Pearl Jam or :D:D:D You see a damn lot of shows.
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

Kick ass. I'll be seeing GNR in HUNTINGTON WV on Fri, Nov 3.

I still can't believe they are playing in The Motherland!
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    fanch75 wrote:
    Kick ass. I'll be seeing GNR in HUNTINGTON WV on Fri, Nov 3.

I still can't believe they are playing in The Motherland!

And I'm seeing them in East Rutherford two days later. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Latest rumblings appear to be that an album release date for Chinese Democracy may surface when this tour starts next week - and that a new song may drop or be played live, as well
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired