The Oasis Thread

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    Honestly I think Cage will wipe them off the stage
    Considering they will probably be standing in one spot the entire show with the same looks on their faces as the promo picture, I bet you are right.

you are correct sir. 

Not sure if yall are yawning, snarling or trolling

They instantly sell out USA stadiums, have a queue 100,000 long, have 12 million unfulfilled ticket requests in Europe,

...their crowd participation make PJ shows look like day care, fans scream their songs at uk NFL & EPL games,  and yet yall come to an oasis topic to criticize them. Sure they all must be CTE fans

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,762
    edited October 4
    Considering they will probably be standing in one spot the entire show with the same looks on their faces as the promo picture, I bet you are right.
    Don’t see why that would so negative. 
    The contrast between them and Cage the Elephant should be pretty stark. One group seeming to have energy and enjoying themselves and one group standing there with looks on their faces like their dog just ran away. I like Oasis and might try to get tickets for the Chicago show, but I am also aware of how they are onstage.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,762

you are correct sir. 

They instantly sell out USA stadiums, have a queue 100,000 long, have 12 million unfulfilled ticket requests in Europe,

...their crowd participation make PJ shows look like day care, fans scream their songs at uk NFL & EPL games,  and yet yall come to an oasis topic to criticize them. Sure they all must be CTE fans

I am not a Cage the Elephant fan and like Oasis, and their fans might jump around and carry on, but the band itself looks less than interested in what is going on. If that is criticism, well then I guess it is what it is. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,960
    It has been a long time since the entire floor of a stadium/festival during an Oasis show was jumping up and down. It will be interesting to see how these shows play out. If the sets and the sound are good, then I might try to go to MetLife. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,796
    GlowGirl said:
    “Can they sell out in the USA??”

Well, here’s our answer 

I was 30,000 in the queue for the presale and got nothing. Today I got 106,000 in the queue and logged out. F2F will have plenty by next August. It is so far in advance that I think a lot of people won't be able to make it by then. I saw them at MSG - so seeing them at Metlife will be way worse. But if I can get a ticket, I will go.

I wish I saw them in an Arena like MSG . Though, I'm not a big Oasis fan, so as of right now I have no desire to see them at that montrosity of a venue, and the FUN traffic you have to fight getting out of there=LOL
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703

you are correct sir. 

so what? their lead singer is a unibrow asshole with a shit attitude
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Honestly I think Cage will wipe them off the stage

you are correct sir. 

none of what we said is wrong. none of what you said is wrong. 

they made a couple massive records and have a massive fan base that love to sing along. so? all we were saying is their stage presence is near zero. that was it. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

you are correct sir. 

so what? their lead singer is a unibrow asshole with a shit attitude

Definitely a trolling comment. Why come here to express hate? Stick to the PJ topics, so much good from them this year. 
  • good lord. now you're telling people where they can post. 

www.headstonesband.com

• beano.79beano.79 Posts: 742
    edited October 4
    “Can they sell out in the USA??”

Well, here’s our answer 

Completely sold out now. I could t get tickets here in the UK, it was madness. There seems to be many who want this reunion to fail (not talking about this thread or forum) but these sales are impressive 
  • I haven't seen any sentiment about wanting it to fair, more thinking it will fail (because of brotherly implosion). I am impressed with the sales in Europe. But it's hard to say how it would go in NA had there been an actual tour, not just a handful of shows. 

www.headstonesband.com

good lord. now you're telling people where they can post. 
    Nice job HFD, defending the dude cursing out oasis on their own topic and criticizing me for defending them. 

I asked a simple question , why come to a place where people would expect oasis fans to be discussing a big event and then criticize oasis. That’s not antagonistic? And you chose to defend that dude, wonderful.

And you slighted them … again … because it’s “only a handful of shows.” Damn. 100,000 on line, sells out stadiums instantly, and they could easily add five more sellout shows and get your qualification as a real tour? 

“Wipe them off the stage” is not  expressing hate on a topic that is supposedly supporting oasis?

• ZodZod Posts: 10,539
    I hope they can hold it together and do more expansive tours in the future.   We could of had tickets to LA2, but ultimately, half decent tickets were 472 USD each, which is almost $700 Canadian.  Had a hard time pulling the trigger on that one :(  Plus all the travel expenses.  Ugh.  Hopefully I don't regret not going.
    I did not think this was an Oasis fanboy thread. People are free to express their opinions both good and bad as long as they are respectful. Do not bring down or insult the Oasis fans that are excited about what's to come. They have always been a polarizing band.
    Get_Right said:
    I did not think this was an Oasis fanboy thread. People are free to express their opinions both good and bad as long as they are respectful. Do not bring down or insult the Oasis fans that are excited about what's to come. They have always been a polarizing band.

Of course it’s not. But to come onto this topic on a day of achievement for this band (when the industry inteligencia said it’s impossible) and curse them out, and have others come here to defend that, I don’t think that’s the behavior you are describing. Is this a common tactic in “other music?”
    Get_Right said:

Of course it’s not. But to come onto this topic on a day of achievement for this band (when the industry inteligencia said it’s impossible) and curse them out, and have others come here to defend that, I don’t think that’s the behavior you are describing. Is this a common tactic in “other music?”

I guess I do not get offended by harsh criticism, or curse words. I did not feel like someone was trying to pop the bubble and ruin the excitement. There are many people that hate Liam. And yes, there are naysayers that voice their opinion on different bands. 
  • good lord. now you're telling people where they can post. 
    Nice job HFD, defending the dude cursing out oasis on their own topic and criticizing me for defending them. 

I asked a simple question , why come to a place where people would expect oasis fans to be discussing a big event and then criticize oasis. That’s not antagonistic? And you chose to defend that dude, wonderful.

And you slighted them … again … because it’s “only a handful of shows.” Damn. 100,000 on line, sells out stadiums instantly, and they could easily add five more sellout shows and get your qualification as a real tour? 

“Wipe them off the stage” is not  expressing hate on a topic that is supposedly supporting oasis?

this is a big problem in today's society. what constitutes "hate" now. All the guy said was Cage would wipe them off the stage. How is that hate? it's not. He's expressing an opinion, that I happen to agree with, that the opener is way more entertaining live than the headliner. That was it. 

And I criticize anyone who tells anyone on the internet what and where they should post. It's absurd behaviour. 

Gern's next comment was in direct response to your trolling accusation, which was just bizarre. A rational response would have been Big Lebowski's "well, that's just, like, your opinion, man". You went from zero to 60 in a nanosecond. 

Chill out and enjoy the show if you're going to one. If it happens. I hope it does...for the millions (AND MILLIONS) of Oasis fans wanting to see it. 

www.headstonesband.com

good lord. now you're telling people where they can post. 

this is a big problem in today's society. what constitutes "hate" now. All the guy said was Cage would wipe them off the stage. How is that hate? it's not. He's expressing an opinion, that I happen to agree with, that the opener is way more entertaining live than the headliner. That was it. 

And I criticize anyone who tells anyone on the internet what and where they should post. It's absurd behaviour. 

Gern's next comment was in direct response to your trolling accusation, which was just bizarre. A rational response would have been Big Lebowski's "well, that's just, like, your opinion, man". You went from zero to 60 in a nanosecond. 

Chill out and enjoy the show if you're going to one. If it happens. I hope it does...for the millions (AND MILLIONS) of Oasis fans wanting to see it. 

But you're saying it in a place oasis fans congregate. And I did not tell anyone what not to say (I suggested complementing PJs great year). 

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    As a general rule of thumb I just avoid an Other Music thread if the extent of my contribution would be "I think this artist's music stinks." No need to piss in everyone's cheerios. 

Peripheral wackiness seems like fair game though. Like if these guys start strangling each other halfway through the UK run.

No written rules but that's what I think the etiquette should be. So many bands. Different strokes and all that.
    It’s weird the hate this band gets.  We all should get to have our say (at least for the next month in America) but this is a weird place for it and a weird time considering the overwhelming success of their ticket sales. If they start strangling each other then yes they should have their heads checked. It’s one thing to go on an extended hiatus fifteen years into a career (working with a sibling can be stressful) and quite something else to do it with hundreds of millions of dollars on the line (assuming Asia dates are added after Australia, looks like they may be doing 35+ shows total). It shouldn’t be too difficult to keep them apart when needed.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856
    These shows are probably big enough where they’ll only see each other on stage 
    pjl44 said:
    As a general rule of thumb I just avoid an Other Music thread if the extent of my contribution would be "I think this artist's music stinks." No need to piss in everyone's cheerios. 
    Agreed. Its easier to just say "this thing is not for me" and go about your life.

Also one persons boring on stage/no stage presence is another 12 million persons idea of a good time. If they have that much demand, well, they are doing something right.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    These shows are probably big enough where they’ll only see each other on stage 
    Preet much how it was in 2009
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited October 6
    I don’t think we’ll get a joint interview or album (maybe a single, if Noel thinks he’s got a good one). I think it’s just these 30+ shows and the inevitable live record.I think this will be it. One last payout. 
    I don’t think we’ll get a joint interview or album (maybe a single, if Noel thinks he’s got a good one). I think it’s just these 30+ shows and the inevitable live record.I think this will be it. One last payout. 

You never know. If the money is good enough, they get along, and the shows are good, they may do it again. 100 million pounds makes things easier and they matured a bit (or so it seems).
    Yeah. By all accounts Liam is drinking less which was probably the real spark that kicked things off 
    Also one persons boring on stage/no stage presence is another 12 million persons idea of a good time. If they have that much demand, well, they are doing something right.

Mark Lanegan always comes to mind for me. He would move maybe 6 inches once he was in front of the mic but I would wrestle anyone who had shit to say about it.
  • pjl44 said:

Mark Lanegan always comes to mind for me. He would move maybe 6 inches once he was in front of the mic but I would wrestle anyone who had shit to say about it.
    never saw him live, but for some reason I feel like his singing and personality and songwriting go along with that stage presence. 

www.headstonesband.com

pjl44 said:

never saw him live, but for some reason I feel like his singing and personality and songwriting go along with that stage presence. 
    The personality yes but you have to know that. The singing and songwriting not as much especially when he would tour with Queens.