The Oasis Thread

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    beano.79 said:
    Frustrated to not get a ticket but I have to say to sell out that many stadium and big outdoor shows in less than a day is quite impressive, and at those prices.

I have alot of friends who are oasis fans and none of us got tickets. Although another friend who isn't, got tickets in the presale haha
    Couldn't you as a routine check Ticketmaster resell every morning untill summer and see if something pops up?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Posts: 4,835
    Can’t believe I have to ask this, but….

ive seen a lot of posts today about “if you’re on the floor at Wembley, be prepared to have piss thrown on you”

is this actually a thing?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,102

ive seen a lot of posts today about “if you’re on the floor at Wembley, be prepared to have piss thrown on you”

Welcome to Oasis in the UK! All I will say is if a plastic pint glass hits you in the head, just hope it isn’t warm 😂😂
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
    Hoping they announce some European gigs soon. For the equivalent of the premium price charge, I could have a nice weekend away somewhere and still see them. 
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 742
    tino_11 said:

Welcome to Oasis in the UK! All I will say is if a plastic pint glass hits you in the head, just hope it isn’t warm 😂😂
    You see, this is why visitors think our beer is warm 😂😂
    edited August 31
    beano.79 said:
    Frustrated to not get a ticket but I have to say to sell out that many stadium and big outdoor shows in less than a day is quite impressive, and at those prices.

I have alot of friends who are oasis fans and none of us got tickets. Although another friend who isn't, got tickets in the presale haha
    Couldn't you as a routine check Ticketmaster resell every morning untill summer and see if something pops up?
    I think I will keep checking Ticketmaster and twickets. Sounds like you were just in the right place at the right time, sweet 
    tino_11 said:

Ugh god damnit lol
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl Posts: 10,787
    id just scalp on day of show specially here they playing that horrendous American football stadium in Jersey! I’m not interested in seeing them but if I was that’s what I’d do there’s going to be lots of tickets available 
    I know - MetLife is the worst. After the RHCP show there I said I would never go back. But I will see.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    GlowGirl said:
    id just scalp on day of show specially here they playing that horrendous American football stadium in Jersey! I’m not interested in seeing them but if I was that’s what I’d do there’s going to be lots of tickets available 
    I know - MetLife is the worst. After the RHCP show there I said I would never go back. But I will see.
    Good luck 👍 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    tino_11 said:

Ugh god damnit lol
    Haha, Oasis does bring out the worst in some people. On the plus side, it’ll be one of the best atmospheres you can ever be part of!

Hope I can be part of it, the 10 month hunt for tickets begins.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552

It is 100% a thing. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Can’t believe I have to ask this, but….

It is 100% a thing. 
    Is there any picturesque small village/town a trainride from London or close to Stansted Airport one could visit if one wants to get out into the british nature a bit... and which have that Midsummer Murder/A Vampire in London vibe?

Thinking about visiting the british countryside and maybe hike a bit, before or after the concert. haha.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

It is 100% a thing. 
    Is there any picturesque small village/town a trainride from London or close to Stansted Airport one could visit if one wants to get out into the british nature a bit... and which have that Midsummer Murder/A Vampire in London vibe?

Thinking about visiting the british countryside and maybe hike a bit, before or after the concert. haha.

The north downs way is a long distance trail and sits south of london
    Where I live there are lots of good old villages and countryside. It's 30mins from kings cross on a train. And if you drive 40 mins from Stansted 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Where I live there are lots of good old villages and countryside. It's 30mins from kings cross on a train. And if you drive 40 mins from Stansted 
    What would you recommend someone coming to London for the first time for 72 hours?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856
    edited September 2

It is 100% a thing. 
    Why throw it rather than leave it on the ground? Just because they have no regard for their fellow fan/human? 
    edited September 2
    Also, if you have no regard, why not just whip it out and piss where you are? Seems like  lot of effort to not give a fuck. Feels like you can give less of a fuck by not filling up a cup and throwing it. Basically they are a bunch of try hards.
    Also how common is it? Once a show? 70 times a show? And does that mean the rest of the fans are fine with it and ‘meh, it happens’? Is everyone a piss pig? 

I obviously have never thrown piss. But sadly people are dumb and drunk they do. And they piss on the floor and everywhere.  Men are disgusting creatures mostly
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

What would you recommend someone coming to London for the first time for 72 hours?
    If you are in the centre of London Westminster area has landmarks. Soho, china town covent garden that sort of thing. That's nice to walk around. It's all busy though. Maybe something a little out of centre is best for a calmer time. Let me think 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Two new Wembley shows announced.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    No way these shows go through.  One of them will not be medicated enough and blow their top and run off...
    YARN  Im gonna R-U-N-N-O-F-T  O Brother Where Art Thou 2000  Video  clips by quotes  8a888826
    They are pretty sober  these days.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    They are pretty sober  these days.
    That's what the problem will be!!!  Not medicated enough!
    Ah yes could be
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    GlowGirl said:

MetLife is the worst, hate that place. as far as scalping, Oasis is warning everyone not to do it. Supposedly there is a new non transferable technology that will recognize if a barcode or an account has been transferred and automatically cancel the ticket and not care about refunds. This is what happens when 14 million want about 1.5 million tickets.

And they should have the resources. There is talk of this 14 show tour grossing $350 million, each brother netting $80 million, and Noel selling his songwriting for $200 million in the coming years.

Never in a million years wouldn’t have guessed that Oasis may challenge to be one the big money 90s bands of all time, by taking fifteen years off.
    I think its bonkers that Wonderwall is the most streamed song of the 90s. 
    Entered the ballot for the added wembley dates, here we go again 
    Same
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,881
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA