The Oasis Thread

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    Are they even that popular in the USA?
    We're about to find out!
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Posts: 4,835
    Cage the Elephant is a pretty strong opener.  I think they can sell it since they dropped the Boston show.  One at MetLife for the East coast, one in Chicago for the Midwest, and one out west in LA.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856
    They were pretty popular in their prime. I think their last Chicago area show they played All state arena which holds close to 20,000. Soldiers is 3 times that. So add 15 years of no shows, a Wonderwall meme, and an established narrative that the first 2 albums are untouchable. I think people will travel to these shows. They will sell very well. 

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    My read on that is they expect these shows to sell out, but they also expect these tickets to be selling face value next August. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,959
    Those are huge stadiums. They are probably using the presale sign up to determine the demand, maybe for additional shows. I think this will likely be a pass for me unless something changes my mind.
    edited September 30
    Yeah, that leaked list of dates had a day off in all 3 US cities. They probably have holds there in case they add more shows. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,090
    I saw them live 20 years ago, and I really like their songs. But their performance was such a job to them. It was like their only stage presence was to play the songs, and then that was it. No movement, no nothing. I think it will be tough for them to sell out these North American shows.
    The initial announcement is 5 shows in 3 countries over 3 weeks. Obviously some strategy around holding back those additional shows/cities.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,494
    The last time Oasis played Los Angeles, it was at Staples Center, and the upper level was closed-off.  I wonder what the current demographic will be?......will people who were too young back then want to see them now?
    Their fanbase has aged into the more disposable income demographic. 

hihobibo said:
    I think it will be tough for them to sell out these North American shows.
    Its worth noting that Wonderwall is the most streamed song of the 90s. People will show up to hear that. They've picked up fans in the 15 years theyve been away. With 3 region US shows in the summertime? People will travel. They'll sell out. 
    I am curious to see how the pricing works. It was cool to see a big band make an announcement about the dynamic pricing. I am in wait and see mode. MetLife would be the only one for me and it is not a great venue. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,467
    I love Oasis… but I’m not hopping on a plane to see them play a stadium. Personally I don’t see these shows selling very well. Been wrong before. Wait and see.
  • I love Oasis… but I’m not hopping on a plane to see them play a stadium. Personally I don’t see these shows selling very well. Been wrong before. Wait and see.
    agreed
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• ZodZod Posts: 10,539
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    The last time Oasis played Los Angeles, it was at Staples Center, and the upper level was closed-off.  I wonder what the current demographic will be?......will people who were too young back then want to see them now?

That was back in 2008?  I mean in my small town in the first half of the 00's we'd get mid to big acts we normally wouldn't get.  Motley Crue, Def Leppard, STP, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Robert Plant etc...  something about the first part of the 21st century where ticket demand lowered a bit.  Now none of those bands would play here with a 10 foot pole.  They can play arenas and stadiums (again).

I think the pent up demand from not having toured in 17 years, the concern that it could implode at any time, and that they did have a few really good albums in the 90s.   Combine that with the amount of rock bands that can fill arenas/stadiums continues to dwindle.

I think they'll sell.  Maybe not so much it's hard to find tickets, but I think they'll move.

To try and get to the LA show.. or wait to see if they don't implode, and do bigger tours later.
    edited October 2
    Looks like they added dates for NA tour, except for Chicago. I guess the presale registrations are going well for them. Probably a ton of scalpers. At MetLife the entire field appears to be GA based on the TM seating chart.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl Posts: 10,787
    I got a presale code for MetLife.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    GlowGirl said:
    I got a presale code for MetLife.
    great!!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • soph189soph189 Posts: 345
    I got a code for Rose Bowl. Anyone familiar with the venue that can advise on which sections are best? Think GA is the whole field. Not sure what to try for..
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,539
    I didn't get a code for L.A. oh well..  wasn't 100% sure I wanted to spend all that money on travel/hotel/tickets.  Hopefully the tour goes well, and they don't implode. Maybe they'll do a more extensive tour in the future.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547

hihobibo said:
    I think it will be tough for them to sell out these North American shows.
    It’s worth noting that Wonderwall is the most streamed song of the 90s. People will show up to hear that. They've picked up fans in the 15 years theyve been away. With 3 region US shows in the summertime? People will travel. They'll sell out. 

Two football stadiums in NJ and LA seems impossible for Oasis but it’s only a few cities in NA and something like fifteen million ticket requests in Europe.

seems they’ll sell out in NA. They only need a few hundred thousand of those to travel. They prefer a “world tour” to boost the value of their library over adding more euro shows this tour. Perhaps more euro the year after
    “Can they sell out in the USA??”

Well, here’s our answer 

I wonder if they're waiting to see these sales before announcing Foxborough? Or if it got scrapped?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    Honestly I think Cage will wipe them off the stage
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl Posts: 10,787
    edited October 4
    “Can they sell out in the USA??”

Well, here’s our answer 

I was 30,000 in the queue for the presale and got nothing. Today I got 106,000 in the queue and logged out. F2F will have plenty by next August. It is so far in advance that I think a lot of people won't be able to make it by then. I saw them at MSG - so seeing them at Metlife will be way worse. But if I can get a ticket, I will go.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Honestly I think Cage will wipe them off the stage
    you are correct sir. 

www.headstonesband.com

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,762
    Considering they will probably be standing in one spot the entire show with the same looks on their faces as the promo picture, I bet you are right.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    Considering they will probably be standing in one spot the entire show with the same looks on their faces as the promo picture, I bet you are right.
    Don’t see why that would so negative. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Honestly I think Cage will wipe them off the stage
    Don’t see why that would so negative. 
    some people like to see some type of action or interest by the artist on stage. I saw them in 2009 and this is what it was. It easily could have been mannequins standing up there with music being pumped through the sound system. I'm glad I saw them once, but I really don't care to shell out for it again

www.headstonesband.com