The Oasis Thread

1121314151618»

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    edited October 7
    Rather have someone just "standing by his microphone" and deliver (Noel Gallagher, Neil Young etc), than doing rockstar gimmicky stuff like throwing out a thousand picks or windmills, jumping out in the crowd or breathing fire etc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    Rather have someone just "standing by his microphone" and deliver (Noel Gallagher, Neil Young etc), than doing rockstar gimmicky stuff like throwing out a thousand picks or windmills, jumping out in the crowd or breathing fire etc.
    yeah I don't really have a problem with "standing" as long as the product is good...

I am admittedly not familiar with Oasis except for the big hits. It just seems like an impossible task given the time it took them to get back together and the shit that has happened in the past.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,415
    Is oasis the type of band to switch up the set list?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited October 7
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is oasis the type of band to switch up the set list?
    no

Liam has switched up decently between tours. And played some fan favorites and ”deepcuts”. Hopefully that is brought over. 

SO HAPPY HE PLAYED GAS PANIC! !
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,007
    Oasis were rigid in setlists
    .would never play a song off the cuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they rehearsed 20 odd songs and that's it. I've no problem with that in 2025. 90% of the set would pick itself 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    eboweddie said:
    .would never play a song off the cuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they rehearsed 20 odd songs and that's it. I've no problem with that in 2025. 90% of the set would pick itself 
    I hope there is some life to the setlist. And not justjustjust the first two albums. 

And please no Morning Story-celebration tour. 

At lesst get a Dya know what I mean, Stop Crying your Heart Out and a Lyla in there. 
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,007
    A few gems would be amazing 
     Noel might do 'Whatever' acoustic. Stand by me. Go let it out. gas panic. Listen up.  Be a treat to hear any of these 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    eboweddie said:
    I hope there is some life to the setlist. And not justjustjust the first two albums. 

At lesst get a Dya know what I mean, Stop Crying your Heart Out and a Lyla in there. 
    This was one of the things that killed me about the Crowes resurrection tour. Making it a SYMM tour? Dudes it's been like 10 years what are you doing. We got a lot to catch up on.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Posts: 4,835
    Give me whatever songs, as many songs as possible, over and over again.  

Just thrilled that I’ll actually have the chance to see them in my lifetime.  I was in high school
    when they broke up and am BUZZING for next August 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • eboweddie said:

wait, I thought no criticism of this band is allowed in their thread? haha
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com