hey ho, let's go!

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    actually now that i think of it..Marky has a huge black dog..he was working on his car in the documentary "End of the Century" and his dog was by his side.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    actually now that i think of it..Marky has a huge black dog..he was working on his car in the documentary "End of the Century" and his dog was by his side.

well, I'd say a huge black dog suits him pretty well. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    well, I'd say a huge black dog suits him pretty well. :)
    just hope he doesnt use it's fur for his wigs ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    just hope he doesnt use it's fur for his wigs ;)

lol. true. ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Billboard.com is reporting that THE STROKES, THE DICTATORS' Andy Shernoff, the DEAD BOYS' Cheetah Chrome and DKT with guest vocalists Corey Glover and Marshall Crenshaw will perform at the Joey Ramone Birthday Benefit next month.

The event will be held May 19 at New York's Irving Plaza on what would have been the late RAMONES frontman's 55th birthday. Ramone died of cancer in 2001. Also on tap to appear is Richie Ramone, who manned the drum kit from 1983-1987 but was estranged from other group members for many years.

Proceeds from the show will be donated to the Lymphoma Research Foundation. Also in the works is an exhibition of work from well-known rock photographers in the days leading up to the bash

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Billboard.com is reporting that THE STROKES, THE DICTATORS' Andy Shernoff, the DEAD BOYS' Cheetah Chrome and DKT with guest vocalists Corey Glover and Marshall Crenshaw will perform at the Joey Ramone Birthday Benefit next month.

The event will be held May 19 at New York's Irving Plaza on what would have been the late RAMONES frontman's 55th birthday. Ramone died of cancer in 2001. Also on tap to appear is Richie Ramone, who manned the drum kit from 1983-1987 but was estranged from other group members for many years.

Proceeds from the show will be donated to the Lymphoma Research Foundation. Also in the works is an exhibition of work from well-known rock photographers in the days leading up to the bash

wow, that sounds awesome! :)

lol. how great is this, cause I've been reading 'Please Kill Me' names like The Dictators and the Dead Boys and Cheetah Chrome actually ring a bell. :D:D
    I owe so much to that book. :p
    sounds awesome alright...Richie performing as well...wow.
    he was the best drummer they ever had in my opinion..he looks like an insurance salesman now haha.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    sounds awesome alright...Richie performing as well...wow.
    he was the best drummer they ever had in my opinion..he looks like an insurance salesman now haha.

really? I really can't tell the difference between drummers.. but then again, I'm just a rookie compared to you, oh Ramones-mastermind-Axl. ;)

lol. hard to imagine a former Ramones member looking like.. he could have a real job. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    really? I really can't tell the difference between drummers.. but then again, I'm just a rookie compared to you, oh Ramones-mastermind-Axl. ;)

lol. hard to imagine a former Ramones member looking like.. he could have a real job. :D
    lol
    well Richie was actually told to leave cos he was too good for the Ramones haha

yeh he does..cant remember what...he looks very clean cut and just like any average American man.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol
    well Richie was actually told to leave cos he was too good for the Ramones haha

yeh he does..cant remember what...he looks very clean cut and just like any average American man.

lol. well, that's great. :rolleyes:

now that I come to think of it.. how long was Dee Dee with that Connie chick? in case someone/you would know.
    eMMI wrote:
    lol. well, that's great. :rolleyes:

now that I come to think of it.. how long was Dee Dee with that Connie chick? in case someone/you would know.
    not sure who Connie is
    i know he was with Vera in the 70's/80's
    she was one of the chicks in the RNR High School video...the hottest Ramones gf in my opinion too :D

and then he married a very young Argentine chick Barbara which was his last wife before he passed.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    not sure who Connie is
    i know he was with Vera in the 70's/80's
    she was one of the chicks in the RNR High School video...the hottest Ramones gf in my opinion too :D

and then he married a very young Argentine chick Barbara which was his last wife before he passed.

according to what I know she was Dee Dee's gf before Vera and his first love. I think they started being together before Ramones were popular..
    apparently theirs was a desastreous relationship. but then again, she was a prostitute I think.
    I tried to google her but I can't find anything. I suppose it could all be a con but I don't think so.. :confused:
    eMMI wrote:
    according to what I know she was Dee Dee's gf before Vera and his first love. I think they started being together before Ramones were popular..
    apparently theirs was a desastreous relationship. but then again, she was a prostitute I think.
    I tried to google her but I can't find anything. I suppose it could all be a con but I don't think so.. :confused:
    ah ok..the prostitute part rings a bell...and she used to crash at their tiny apartment and piss everyone else off cept Dee Dee.
    she was a junkie as well

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    ah ok..the prostitute part rings a bell...and she used to crash at their tiny apartment and piss everyone else off cept Dee Dee.
    she was a junkie as well

yeah. and she was incredibly jealous of him.. I think she beat up some girls too cause she thought they were after Dee Dee. and sometimes they were..
    eMMI wrote:
    yeah. and she was incredibly jealous of him.. I think she beat up some girls too cause she thought they were after Dee Dee. and sometimes they were..
    don't blame her or the girls..Dee Dee was a real stud in the 70s lol

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    don't blame her or the girls..Dee Dee was a real stud in the 70s lol

yeh. very good looking. :o but apparently also a master of manipulation.. like a puppy dog.
    eMMI wrote:
    yeh. very good looking. :o but apparently also a master of manipulation.. like a puppy dog.
    lol some even claim he had threesomes with Sire Record's boss and his wife etc cos the boss used to treat Dee Dee extra special.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol some even claim he had threesomes with Sire Record's boss and his wife etc cos the boss used to treat Dee Dee extra special.

I must say that I can easily believe that to be true. since I think he also slept with Nancy Spungen..
    eMMI wrote:
    I must say that I can easily believe that to be true. since I think he also slept with Nancy Spungen..
    Nancy lol..she isnt even hot haha
    Dee Dee well..the rumors all started once people heard 53rd and 3rd.
    but yeh he has blasted anyone who thinks he's gay plus in 53rd and 3rd he never said he slept with the gay men but just robbed them.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Nancy lol..she isnt even hot haha
    Dee Dee well..the rumors all started once people heard 53rd and 3rd.
    but yeh he has blasted anyone who thinks he's gay plus in 53rd and 3rd he never said he slept with the gay men but just robbed them.

oh that's not nice. :o maybe she wasn't hot but... *thinking of something to say just because she feels like she needs to stand up for women* she was pretty. kinda. in her own way. http://the_sellouts.weblogger.terra.com.br/img/nancy_photo2.jpg she would have been a lot prettier if she hadn't been a junkie methinks.

yeh, I'd like to know the really really real and absolute truth behind the song.. then again, it might take something away from it.. I dunno.
    eMMI wrote:
    oh that's not nice. :o maybe she wasn't hot but... *thinking of something to say just because she feels like she needs to stand up for women* she was pretty. kinda. in her own way. http://the_sellouts.weblogger.terra.com.br/img/nancy_photo2.jpg she would have been a lot prettier if she hadn't been a junkie methinks.

yeh, I'd like to know the really really real and absolute truth behind the song.. then again, it might take something away from it.. I dunno.
    i din mean she wasnt hot in terms of looks..but as a person.
    she was just a skank groupie to me with no qualities.
    in terms of looks too..i think shes ugly

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i din mean she wasnt hot in terms of looks..but as a person.
    she was just a skank groupie to me with no qualities.
    in terms of looks too..i think shes ugly

I would love to be able to meet her.. :o then again, I'd love to meet Pocahontas too (not the Disney one!!) so go figure.. :rolleyes:
    but lets now shuddup about Nancy's looks. (she was pretty in her own way) this thread ain't about her and I don't wanna get kicked out for arguing. ;)

shite, I had some Ramones-question but I forgot it. ah well, later maybe. :)
    Launch Radio Networks reports: It's been six years since RAMONES frontman Joey Ramone lost his battle with cancer, but his family hasn't given up the fight. In conjunction with the annual Joey Ramone Birthday Bash in New York City, Joey's mother Charlotte Lesher and his brother Mickey Leigh will announce the formation of the Joey Ramone Foundation For Lymphoma Research tomorrow (Friday, May 19), on what would have been Joey's 55th birthday. The event will precede the Birthday Bash, which this year will feature performances from Leigh, Tommy Ramone, Richie Ramone, THE ALARM, THE STROKES, and MC5 guitarist Wayne Kramer, among many others.

Mickey Leigh told Launch that he doesn't know what affect the money that's already been raised has had on lymphoma treatment and research, but the family will keep working for a cure. "Until we, I see on the front page of the papers that they have a cure for cancer, it's gonna be impossible for somebody like me — sitting here in Queens, in Forest Hills, you know? — to know what kind of impact our contributions have had," he said. "All we can do is keep contributing and hope for the best."

YNWA
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i just wanted to say i got this t-shirt while i was in toronto http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/778/product_medium/R7CT08.jpg and it kicks ass!!!

(except mine is on black t-shirt, w/ front photo in somewhat colour & back in b & w)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    i just wanted to say i got this t-shirt while i was in toronto http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/778/product_medium/R7CT08.jpg and it kicks ass!!!

(except mine is on black t-shirt, w/ front photo in somewhat colour & back in b & w)

that most certainly is a kick-ass shirt! :D I wanna get a Ramones-shirt too but I don't have the money. :o
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Launch Radio Networks reports: It's been six years since RAMONES frontman Joey Ramone lost his battle with cancer, but his family hasn't given up the fight. In conjunction with the annual Joey Ramone Birthday Bash in New York City, Joey's mother Charlotte Lesher and his brother Mickey Leigh will announce the formation of the Joey Ramone Foundation For Lymphoma Research tomorrow (Friday, May 19), on what would have been Joey's 55th birthday. The event will precede the Birthday Bash, which this year will feature performances from Leigh, Tommy Ramone, Richie Ramone, THE ALARM, THE STROKES, and MC5 guitarist Wayne Kramer, among many others.

Mickey Leigh told Launch that he doesn't know what affect the money that's already been raised has had on lymphoma treatment and research, but the family will keep working for a cure. "Until we, I see on the front page of the papers that they have a cure for cancer, it's gonna be impossible for somebody like me — sitting here in Queens, in Forest Hills, you know? — to know what kind of impact our contributions have had," he said. "All we can do is keep contributing and hope for the best."

that sounds excellent! :)

if only I could go to one of them bashes. :D
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    dam i wish i could go tommrow to cbs
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Lost_Clay wrote:

yeh i prefer black t shirts compared to white..white gets dirty too fast!
    I have aboot 4-5 Ramones tees including a Joey one..all black tees
    plan to get a yellow one next!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i prefer black t shirts compared to white..white gets dirty too fast!
    I have aboot 4-5 Ramones tees including a Joey one..all black tees
    plan to get a yellow one next!

yellow?! :eek: lol, sounds great. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    yellow?! :eek: lol, sounds great. :D
    yeh I saw one recently but it had the Ramones president seal logo.
    already have 2 tees with that logo so im waiting to get the yellow one with Johnny Ramone on it.

YNWA