hey ho, let's go!

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh cos of the KKK thing

meh din find too attractive..not bad a body though yeh

yeah, of course, it's kinda obvious. :rolleyes: way to go me! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    The date for the sixth annual Joey Ramone Birthday Bash has been announced: the event will take place at famed New York City venue Irving Plaza on what would have been Joey's 55th birthday: Friday, May 19, 2006. Tickets began selling in November 2005, when word leaked out via the message board on the Joey Ramone website, http://www.joeyramone.com. Last year's Bash sold out two weeks before the performance lineup was even announced. Now, everyone can purchase tickets at http://www.ticketmaster.com and http://www.irvingplaza.com

The first Joey Ramone Birthday Bash was held just one month after the rock star lost his seven-year battle with lymphoma in April 2001. Living up to a promise made to the singer to celebrate his 50th birthday, Joey's mother Charlotte Lesher and brother Mickey Leigh organized an all-star rock and roll party and have continued the tradition annually. All net proceeds are donated to the Lymphoma Research Foundation.

Customarily, the Birthday Bash features musical performances by a bevy of internationally acclaimed and up-and-coming artists, as well as screenings of rare and exclusive videos of Joey and THE RAMONES. This year's roster of participants has not yet been revealed but is expected to be as exciting and stellar as any before. Additionally, plans are being made for a special exhibition and sale of photographs by some of rock and roll's best photographers, to run for several days prior to the Birthday Bash at a gallery in Manhattan. Details will be forthcoming.

Tickets for the 2006 Joey Ramone Birthday Bash are $25. Admission to the show is 16 years of age and up; doors open at 8:00 p.m. and the festivities will begin at 9:00 p.m. Irving Plaza is located at 17 Irving Place, on the corner of 15th Street and Irving Place.

Information will shortly be announced revealing the lineup of performers as well as the names of sponsors for this year's event.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    The date for the sixth annual Joey Ramone Birthday Bash has been announced: the event will take place at famed New York City venue Irving Plaza on what would have been Joey's 55th birthday: Friday, May 19, 2006. Tickets began selling in November 2005, when word leaked out via the message board on the Joey Ramone website, http://www.joeyramone.com. Last year's Bash sold out two weeks before the performance lineup was even announced. Now, everyone can purchase tickets at http://www.ticketmaster.com and http://www.irvingplaza.com

The first Joey Ramone Birthday Bash was held just one month after the rock star lost his seven-year battle with lymphoma in April 2001. Living up to a promise made to the singer to celebrate his 50th birthday, Joey's mother Charlotte Lesher and brother Mickey Leigh organized an all-star rock and roll party and have continued the tradition annually. All net proceeds are donated to the Lymphoma Research Foundation.

Customarily, the Birthday Bash features musical performances by a bevy of internationally acclaimed and up-and-coming artists, as well as screenings of rare and exclusive videos of Joey and THE RAMONES. This year's roster of participants has not yet been revealed but is expected to be as exciting and stellar as any before. Additionally, plans are being made for a special exhibition and sale of photographs by some of rock and roll's best photographers, to run for several days prior to the Birthday Bash at a gallery in Manhattan. Details will be forthcoming.

Tickets for the 2006 Joey Ramone Birthday Bash are $25. Admission to the show is 16 years of age and up; doors open at 8:00 p.m. and the festivities will begin at 9:00 p.m. Irving Plaza is located at 17 Irving Place, on the corner of 15th Street and Irving Place.

Information will shortly be announced revealing the lineup of performers as well as the names of sponsors for this year's event.

wow, that's all really great, thanks for the info. :)

man, I wish I could go too! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    wow, that's all really great, thanks for the info. :)

man, I wish I could go too! :D
    yeh sounds like fun!

The Ramones were beaten out in Best Long Form Music Video by Bob Dylan and Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package by Johnny Cash at the recent Grammys
    ah well guess it was nice to be just nominated lol.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh sounds like fun!

The Ramones were beaten out in Best Long Form Music Video by Bob Dylan and Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package by Johnny Cash at the recent Grammys
    ah well guess it was nice to be just nominated lol.

hmm. yeah, I guess it's not too much of an embarrasment to lose to Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash. lol. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    hmm. yeah, I guess it's not too much of an embarrasment to lose to Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash. lol. :D
    it's a shame that the boys are only getting mainstream recognition after they have passed away or retired.
    but i guess the most important thing is that their music still lives among the old and youth til today.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    it's a shame that the boys are only getting mainstream recognition after they have passed away or retired.
    but i guess the most important thing is that their music still lives among the old and youth til today.

sad but true.

and it is the most important thing! cause the music is great!!! it never dies.

just a couple days ago I spent quite a bit on a magazine with a Ramones story in it and I'm so glad it was a good story (I couldn't preview it cause the magazine was in a package). :D but then again, the magazine was Q and it usually has pretty good articles. :)
    eMMI wrote:
    sad but true.

and it is the most important thing! cause the music is great!!! it never dies.

just a couple days ago I spent quite a bit on a magazine with a Ramones story in it and I'm so glad it was a good story (I couldn't preview it cause the magazine was in a package). :D but then again, the magazine was Q and it usually has pretty good articles. :)
    oh yes the Q magazine with the yellow wrapper!
    i saw it yesterday but din get it..some punk rock in 1976 special
    is there alot of the Ramones or just a few pages?
    if its just a few..wont get it.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    oh yes the Q magazine with the yellow wrapper!
    i saw it yesterday but din get it..some punk rock in 1976 special
    is there alot of the Ramones or just a few pages?
    if its just a few..wont get it.

yes, that's the one. I was playing risky with it. :D

the Ramones thing is 3 pages. (actually 4 but one page is just a big gig pic :p )
    but there's other good stuff too though. Sex Pistols, an interview with Malcolm McLaren and..
    the whole "punk '76"-part is about 30 pages..

and there are other interesting articles too. about the Beatles song Helter Skelter and KT Tunstall for example. :) well, I think it was worth the money but you'll make your own decition. :)
    eMMI wrote:
    yes, that's the one. I was playing risky with it. :D

the Ramones thing is 3 pages. (actually 4 but one page is just a big gig pic :p )
    but there's other good stuff too though. Sex Pistols, an interview with Malcolm McLaren and..
    the whole "punk '76"-part is about 30 pages..

and there are other interesting articles too. about the Beatles song Helter Skelter and KT Tunstall for example. :) well, I think it was worth the money but you'll make your own decition. :)
    ic thanks for the review :)

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    ic thanks for the review :)

no probs Axie. :D
    just thought I'd bump this thread after reading the Ramones vs. Green Day comments. :D
    oh my my. I just yesterday realised that Chainsaw and Oh, Oh I Love Her So sound almost exactly the same. I could easily sing OOILHS's chorus with the melody of Chainsaw's chorus. lol. :D

but I don't mind. luckily Chainsaw has the chainsaw in it. :p
    eMMI wrote:
    oh my my. I just yesterday realised that Chainsaw and Oh, Oh I Love Her So sound almost exactly the same. I could easily sing OOILHS's chorus with the melody of Chainsaw's chorus. lol. :D

but I don't mind. luckily Chainsaw has the chainsaw in it. :p
    they have alot of songs like that..or even sound closer.
    Touring and Rock n Roll High School is the exact same song but with diff lyrics lol.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    they have alot of songs like that..or even sound closer.
    Touring and Rock n Roll High School is the exact same song but with diff lyrics lol.

lol. yeh, you don't really notice it when you're listening to them in random order but if you listen to some songs back to back.. hehe.
    and yet they still are great!!
    eMMI wrote:
    lol. yeh, you don't really notice it when you're listening to them in random order but if you listen to some songs back to back.. hehe.
    and yet they still are great!!
    yeh its all good..simple music can be good..doesnt always have to be so complicated.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh its all good..simple music can be good..doesnt always have to be so complicated.

exactly. less is more or something. lol.
    eMMI wrote:
    exactly. less is more or something. lol.
    haha..i believe that sometimes...must admit i prefer complicated music most of the time lol...
    been awhile since i listened to the Ramones

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    haha..i believe that sometimes...must admit i prefer complicated music most of the time lol...
    been awhile since i listened to the Ramones

I don't really ever think about the simplicity or complicacy (I've no clue of those two are even words) of the music I listen to. :D

you should listen to them NOW! :D
    eMMI wrote:
    I don't really ever think about the simplicity or complicacy (I've no clue of those two are even words) of the music I listen to. :D

you should listen to them NOW! :D
    lol..yeh those words exist..but i think its complicity

yeh i probably should..but im too lazy to grab a cd hah..maybe later

YNWA
    i love rock n roll high school
    the video is hilarious too..haha
    if only detention was that fun when i was in school

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol..yeh those words exist..but i think its complicity

yeh i probably should..but im too lazy to grab a cd hah..maybe later

good. yet again I'm learning something new. :D in addition to those 4 papers of notes I did in school today. :rolleyes:

lol. so maybe now then? :p
    i love rock n roll high school

it is a great song. :)

I've never seen the video though..
    eMMI wrote:
    it is a great song. :)

I've never seen the video though..
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=HDZ6kK-VIco

can also get it from the "Weird Tales of the Ramones" boxset

YNWA
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    ......."hey, ho, let's go"..........

who you callin' a ho?:D

--like the ramones, don't have any cds yet--which album should I invest my hard-earned money into? :p
    ......."hey, ho, let's go"..........

who you callin' a ho?:D

--like the ramones, don't have any cds yet--which album should I invest my hard-earned money into? :p
    can't go wrong with any but i wouldnt recommend "Halfway to Sanity"..or you could buy their boxset "Weird Tales of the Ramones" which has 3 discs and a dvd with their videos plus it also comes with a cool Ramones comic book!

YNWA
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    can't go wrong with any but i wouldnt recommend "Halfway to Sanity"..or you could buy their boxset "Weird Tales of the Ramones" which has 3 discs and a dvd with their videos plus it also comes with a cool Ramones comic book!

cool~~good to know

gracias and cheers :)
    cool~~good to know

gracias and cheers :)
    glad to help a fellow pinhead :D

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=HDZ6kK-VIco

can also get it from the "Weird Tales of the Ramones" boxset

thanks for that. :D lol. I love their faces in the end. :D:D:D

I'd get the boxset INSTANTLY if it wasn't so goddamn expensive!! :o
    eMMI wrote:
    thanks for that. :D lol. I love their faces in the end. :D:D:D

I'd get the boxset INSTANTLY if it wasn't so goddamn expensive!! :o
    lol yeh great video
    the girls in the video were their girlfriends as well.

its definitely worth saving up for ;)

YNWA