hey ho, let's go!

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    eMMI wrote:
    no, I'm absolutely not kidding!!!

he is (okay was) good looking, even hot, in his very own peculiar way: :)

but I really honestly truly first thought he was a chick.
    hes not a typical good looking fella..but hes got a very unique charm.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hes not a typical good looking fella..but hes got a very unique charm.

for sure. :)

but on the Ramones Raw DVD there's one time when you see Joey's profile.. he looks so hot in that I almost blushed. :D

also, Johnny's quite cute.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    also, Johnny's quite cute.
    i think Johnny had a funny nose haha..
    Dee Dee's the best looking to me
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Ramones "Beat on the Brat" video.....

Done by some kids.. kinda cool. Funny ending!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3776&q=beat+it
    twisted thoughts....

www.myspace.com/twistette

"Na-noo Na-noo!"
    the kid's hair reminds me of Joey from 1974 haha..

YNWA
  • Hahaha.. good ol Ramones hair.
    twisted thoughts....

www.myspace.com/twistette

"Na-noo Na-noo!"
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think Johnny had a funny nose haha..
    Dee Dee's the best looking to me

funny maybe. but cute. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Hey eMMi how is that J-P Laitio-Ramones' book? I know the guy but never bothered to read his books. He was one of the worst writers and english speakers in high school but i know he got some help for his book from someone who speaks english as a native language.
    Hey eMMi how is that J-P Laitio-Ramones' book? I know the guy but never bothered to read his books. He was one of the worst writers and english speakers in high school but i know he got some help for his book from someone who speaks english as a native language.

I haven't had the time to actually read it yet, I've just flipped it through..
    but one thing I really dislike about it is the font he's used. it makes the pages look too stuffed. tough, come to think of it, the font's quite okay, the page just are kinda stuffed.

if nothing else, there are some interesting pics. though I don't really care much for the pics with Finnish men in pose shirtless and drunk.. :D

the English isn't bad though there surely are some mistakes..

I dunno, the book might be informative or it might not.. it has a lot of interviews and fan's comments and such.
    and also these weird and sick pictures about animals that have been used in testing make up and/or something else! :eek:
  • eMMI wrote:
    I haven't had the time to actually read it yet, I've just flipped it through..
    but one thing I really dislike about it is the font he's used. it makes the pages look too stuffed. tough, come to think of it, the font's quite okay, the page just are kinda stuffed.

if nothing else, there are some interesting pics. though I don't really care much for the pics with Finnish men in pose shirtless and drunk.. :D

the English isn't bad though there surely are some mistakes..

I dunno, the book might be informative or it might not.. it has a lot of interviews and fan's comments and such.
    and also these weird and sick pictures about animals that have been used in testing make up and/or something else! :eek:

Yes it really has a strange compilation of (Finnish) artists, didn't know they were shirtless too. If i remember correctly he did mention that he had the permission to use Eddie Vedder's speech when he introduced The Ramones to the Rock Hall Of Fame but i don't know if it's actually in that book.

And yes he donated the profits of the book to charity and i guess the cause might have something to do with preventing animal tests...i hope, otherwise the pictures would be hard to explain ;)
    Yes it really has a strange compilation of (Finnish) artists, didn't know they were shirtless too. If i remember correctly he did mention that he had the permission to use Eddie Vedder's speech when he introduced The Ramones to the Rock Hall Of Fame but i don't know if it's actually in that book.

And yes he donated the profits of the book to charity and i guess the cause might have something to do with preventing animal tests...i hope, otherwise the pictures would be hard to explain ;)

well, not all of them are shirtless in all of the pics. just some in some.

a large part of the speech is in the book.

I hope so too, the pics are disturbing even without a reason..
  • I tried to get into the Ramones, just to see what all the fuss was about, and I just couldn't do it. Does that make me a bad person?

I don't know, the 'stick it to the man' spirit behind the music is great, but the music itself just sounds so bloody awful to me, terrible musicianship and vocals. I love a good guitar groove of the sort that you find in the music of Pearl Jam, Zeppelin, Neil Young, Johnny Marr etc. Punk bands like the sex pistols, ramones etc just seem to be about being pissed off and wanting to make a loud obnoxious noise, never mind how bad it sounds. Pearl Jam gets pissed off and makes a loud, obnoxious, beautiful, intelligent noise (eg Do the Evolution, 1/2 full etc). I couldn't find any Ramones tracks that do it for me. Can anyone suggest some tracks I should try?
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
    Scubascott wrote:
    I tried to get into the Ramones, just to see what all the fuss was about, and I just couldn't do it. Does that make me a bad person?

I don't know, the 'stick it to the man' spirit behind the music is great, but the music itself just sounds so bloody awful to me, terrible musicianship and vocals. I love a good guitar groove of the sort that you find in the music of Pearl Jam, Zeppelin, Neil Young, Johnny Marr etc. Punk bands like the sex pistols, ramones etc just seem to be about being pissed off and wanting to make a loud obnoxious noise, never mind how bad it sounds. Pearl Jam gets pissed off and makes a loud, obnoxious, beautiful, intelligent noise (eg Do the Evolution, 1/2 full etc). I couldn't find any Ramones tracks that do it for me. Can anyone suggest some tracks I should try?

I don't think not liking the Ramones makes you a bad person. :)

hmm. it's good though that you understand why people might like them. (if I understood your post correctly)

and I must say I can't recommend any track for you.. maybe Axl ulrich can, when he's online. :)
  • eMMI wrote:
    I don't think not liking the Ramones makes you a bad person. :)

hmm. it's good though that you understand why people might like them. (if I understood your post correctly)

and I must say I can't recommend any track for you.. maybe Axl ulrich can, when he's online. :)

Yeah I'm pretty sure I get it. Its all about dissent, disgruntlement and a need to express your frustration with the world. I respect that, but I just don't like sound. It makes my ears cringe.
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
    i never really noticed any loud obnoxious noise from the Ramones cept maybe the albums from "Too Tough To Die" til "Adios Amigos"
    their earlier stuff were definitely very pleasing to the ears despite whatever lyrics..good or bad..they could make anything sound cheerful and just fun pop music to listen to.
    thats why i love the Ramones so much and never liked the Sex Pistols..they never really gave out a negative vibe or acted "punk"..they were just themselves on stage despite the many problems they faced personally within the band.
    amazing to think how so many different personalities stuck together for 20 years for the music and fans despite hating each other...alot of credit goes to Monte their manager for keeping the band together for 20 years.

YNWA
    Scubascott wrote:
    Yeah I'm pretty sure I get it. Its all about dissent, disgruntlement and a need to express your frustration with the world. I respect that, but I just don't like sound. It makes my ears cringe.

well, that's good by me. :)
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i never really noticed any loud obnoxious noise from the Ramones cept maybe the albums from "Too Tough To Die" til "Adios Amigos"
    their earlier stuff were definitely very pleasing to the ears despite whatever lyrics..good or bad..they could make anything sound cheerful and just fun pop music to listen to.
    thats why i love the Ramones so much and never liked the Sex Pistols..they never really gave out a negative vibe or acted "punk"..they were just themselves on stage despite the many problems they faced personally within the band.
    amazing to think how so many different personalities stuck together for 20 years for the music and fans despite hating each other...alot of credit goes to Monte their manager for keeping the band together for 20 years.

I've never liked Sex Pistols either. seems to me that their only purpose was to make people feel as sick as possible..
    just wanted to.. I don't know what I actually wanted.. to tell you my opinion about this. :D

haven't the Ramones made some of the sweetest lovesongs ever?
    I was just listening to Oh, Oh, I Love Her So last night when I realized this. :D

I know some are covers (Needles and Pins, right?) but still, very adorable!

like, I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend. :) now, if someone would play that song to me and mean what the lyrics say.. I'd melt. :p
    eMMI wrote:
    just wanted to.. I don't know what I actually wanted.. to tell you my opinion about this. :D

haven't the Ramones made some of the sweetest lovesongs ever?
    I was just listening to Oh, Oh, I Love Her So last night when I realized this. :D

I know some are covers (Needles and Pins, right?) but still, very adorable!

like, I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend. :) now, if someone would play that song to me and mean what the lyrics say.. I'd melt. :p
    oh yeh...they have some of the best love songs ever!
    my faves are I Remember You,Here Today Gone Tomorrow and Don't Go...they are alittle depressing but still amazing
    7-11 is another sweet tune...just great pop music
    yep even their covers are good...like Needles and Pins,Baby I Love You etc.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    oh yeh...they have some of the best love songs ever!
    my faves are I Remember You,Here Today Gone Tomorrow and Don't Go...they are alittle depressing but still amazing
    7-11 is another sweet tune...just great pop music
    yep even their covers are good...like Needles and Pins,Baby I Love You etc.

yup.

it's kinda funny to think that a bunch of guys looking like they looked like and playing stuff they played made such sweet tunes. :)

7-11.. I don't believe I've heard that.. what's it on?
    eMMI wrote:
    7-11.. I don't believe I've heard that.. what's it on?
    it's on Pleasant Dreams

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    it's on Pleasant Dreams

need to try and find that then. :)

I'm seriously troubled by the fact that I really don't know how many Ramones songs I've still not heard.. I know there must be plenty though. the albums are just too hard to find!!

but I still do consider myself as a fan cause I do know more about the band than many people I know althogether. :D
    (don't try to test my knowledge though. :p )
    eMMI wrote:
    need to try and find that then. :)

I'm seriously troubled by the fact that I really don't know how many Ramones songs I've still not heard.. I know there must be plenty though. the albums are just too hard to find!!

but I still do consider myself as a fan cause I do know more about the band than many people I know althogether. :D
    (don't try to test my knowledge though. :p )
    yep i don't blame you...Ramones albums are pretty hard to find even though they were re-released 3-4 years ago.
    i myself found it hard to get all the new remasters.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yep i don't blame you...Ramones albums are pretty hard to find even though they were re-released 3-4 years ago.
    i myself found it hard to get all the new remasters.

thanks. :)

it's annoying, (like mentioned before if I remember correctly) when all the albums I find are those stupid collections with all the same songs!! :mad:

and, none of my friends really get why the Ramones rule, cause everytime I mention some song (for example The KKK Took My Baby Away) I get these severe raised eyebrow looks and I can only imagine what they must be thinking about me. :D lol.
    oh and, there was some talk about the looks of the members of the Ramones and I happened to mention that the first time I saw a pic of Joey I thought he was a she.
    and I really did!

anyway, I'm just gonna post these links to a few pics where he really looks really kinda feminine:

http://www.aversion.com/bands/joeyramone/images/joeyramone.jpg
    http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2001-04-18/goods_scene-1.jpg

right?

and I do not mean to disrespect him (or anyone else for that matter) by this, I'm just trying to prove that there are pics that could make someone think he's a she. :D
    yeh those pics..alittle feminine...reminds me abit of Patti Smith!
    i think he looks like a thinner Marilyn Manson as well...and of course Howard Stern lol

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh those pics..alittle feminine...reminds me abit of Patti Smith!
    i think he looks like a thinner Marilyn Manson as well...and of course Howard Stern lol

ah-hha! :p

hmm. Marilyn Manson? yeah, a bit. to get that you I needed to get a pic of MM without all the makeup in my head. :D

lol. Howard Stern. :rolleyes:
    yeah, how did it go..? Joey had the Cher before or after Sonny -hairdo? :D
    check this out pinheads...the banned video for "KKK"
    http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=xK3FhIU4e0g

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    check this out pinheads...the banned video for "KKK"
    http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=xK3FhIU4e0g

cool. :cool:
    why did it get banned though? :confused: cause of the KKK guys?

and I do not mean this in any lesbian sort of way but that lady seemed to have a real fine body. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    cool. :cool:
    why did it get banned though? :confused: cause of the KKK guys?

and I do not mean this in any lesbian sort of way but that lady seemed to have a real fine body. :D
    yeh cos of the KKK thing

meh din find too attractive..not bad a body though yeh

YNWA