hey ho, let's go!

14567810»

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh I saw one recently but it had the Ramones president seal logo.
    already have 2 tees with that logo so im waiting to get the yellow one with Johnny Ramone on it.

well, the Ramones-yellow isn't really too bad. :)
    just that watching the Eurovision song contest last night has now scarred me for life and yellow clothing will always remind me of it. :p (the volunteers had yellow outfits.)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    eMMI wrote:
    well, the Ramones-yellow isn't really too bad. :)
    just that watching the Eurovision song contest last night has now scarred me for life and yellow clothing will always remind me of it. :p (the volunteers had yellow outfits.)
    http://www.officialramones.com/store/tshirts.html has pics of the yellow tees..i think yellow is an underrated color lol.

scarred for life wow..that bad huh?
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    http://www.officialramones.com/store/tshirts.html has pics of the yellow tees..i think yellow is an underrated color lol.

scarred for life wow..that bad huh?

cool stuff. :D I wonder if you get the hunky guy (the first shirt) as a gift. ;) lol.

well yeah, do you not know who's representing Finland over there? :eek: apparently the Swedish candidate is scared of the guy and he's upset the Germans too. :eek:
    and some of the performances.. :o my eyes! :eek:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    cool stuff. :D I wonder if you get the hunky guy (the first shirt) as a gift. ;) lol.

well yeah, do you not know who's representing Finland over there? :eek: apparently the Swedish candidate is scared of the guy and he's upset the Germans too. :eek:
    and some of the performances.. :o my eyes! :eek:
    I rather get a tee free than some guy

well..i dont follow Eurovision so am completely clueless

anyone on the pit fortunate enough to attend Joey's bday bash last night?
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    I rather get a tee free than some guy

well..i dont follow Eurovision so am completely clueless

lol, no kidding? :p

well, you didn't miss much. :D I don't follow the Eurovision either. at least I thought so.. but I still watched the semifinal and the finals. :rolleyes: :D

AxlUlrich wrote:
    anyone on the pit fortunate enough to attend Joey's bday bash last night?

yeh, bump for this. :D anyone?
    eMMI wrote:
    yeh, bump for this. :D anyone?
    I guess noone from the Pit went..

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    I guess noone from the Pit went..

yeh. I suppose so. :o
    oh boy..Ramones label has released another GREATEST HITS this week!
    seriously.do they need more than 5 compilations with the same tracks?!!?!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    oh boy..Ramones label has released another GREATEST HITS this week!
    seriously.do they need more than 5 compilations with the same tracks?!!?!

NO!? :eek:

apparently, that's exactly what they need.. maybe they'll add one or two songs that aren't previously released or are rare or sumthin. :rolleyes: uhg, I smell money.
    eMMI wrote:
    NO!? :eek:

apparently, that's exactly what they need.. maybe they'll add one or two songs that aren't previously released or are rare or sumthin. :rolleyes: uhg, I smell money.
    Sire records thinks Ramones fans are dumb or something lol..maybe it can sell 500 copies cos I'm sure some Ramones fans would buy just for collection

not a fan of plays but well..

MTV.com reports: "Gabba Gabba Hey! — A Punk-Rock Musical", inspired by the songs of the RAMONES, will open in London on July 31 for a one-week run of shows set to conclude August 5. Described as "a postmodern fairy tale about the redeeming power of love," the musical will feature 18 classic RAMONES tracks, including "I Wanna Be Sedated", "Beat on the Brat", and "Blitzkrieg Bop". Tommy Ramone, the production's musical director, will be appearing each night during the brief run.

YNWA
  • Guided to a path, Broadway, 59
    Took off like a blast
    Almost lost my mind - oh, oh

Cabbies on crack

It first felt like at thrill ride
    Excited for a while
    Got pretty scary swerving at 100 miles an hour - oh, oh

Cabbies on crack
    I want to get out, out of this yellow shell
    I want to get out, crack cabbies straight from hell

And I don't wanna die before I live
    Cabbies on
    Cabbies on crack

Cabbies on crack
    Want my money back
    (Pieces of plastic mouse start to get in my mouth - oh, oh)

Cabbies on crack

Times Square was approaching
    He braked for the light
    At 90 miles an hour, that's why I saw my life - oh, oh

Cabbies on crack
    I want to get out, out of this yellow shell
    I want to get out, crack cabbies straight from hell

And I don't wanna die before I live
    Cabbies on
    Cabbies on crack

Cabbies on crack
    Some people have to have the sultry evenings Cocktails in the blue, red and grey But I like every minute of the day.
    INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
    Newcastle-Riverside 02/22/92!!!
    E.rutherford New Jersey 01/06/06
    Athens -Greece.survived !barely-
    Wembley 18/06/07- no words- just smiles!
    Cabbies on crack
    great tune..in fact the whole Mondo Bizarro album is pretty underrated.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Sire records thinks Ramones fans are dumb or something lol..maybe it can sell 500 copies cos I'm sure some Ramones fans would buy just for collection

not a fan of plays but well..

MTV.com reports: "Gabba Gabba Hey! — A Punk-Rock Musical", inspired by the songs of the RAMONES, will open in London on July 31 for a one-week run of shows set to conclude August 5. Described as "a postmodern fairy tale about the redeeming power of love," the musical will feature 18 classic RAMONES tracks, including "I Wanna Be Sedated", "Beat on the Brat", and "Blitzkrieg Bop". Tommy Ramone, the production's musical director, will be appearing each night during the brief run.

lol. maybe. :D

I've been thinking, maybe I should finally buy meself a *real* Ramones album. :rolleyes: but then I check them out from an online store or something and think, "naaaaaaaaaah." :p maybe one day. :D

the musical sounds nice.
    although, "a postmodern fairy tale about the redeeming power of love,". including Beat On the Brat. :confused: :rolleyes: lol. :D
    eMMI wrote:

I've been thinking, maybe I should finally buy meself a *real* Ramones album. :rolleyes: but then I check them out from an online store or something and think, "naaaaaaaaaah." :p maybe one day. :D
    !!!!
    you're missing out on really good 13 studio albums,1 covers compilation and 4 live albums!!!
    I always thought their lesser known songs are better..maybe cos they don't play them to death..

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    !!!!
    you're missing out on really good 13 studio albums,1 covers compilation and 4 live albums!!!
    I always thought their lesser known songs are better..maybe cos they don't play them to death..

you see that's the thing, there's so much stuff! :eek:
    eMMI wrote:
    you see that's the thing, there's so much stuff! :eek:
    well just take your time with them..for me..it took me aboot a year to find all the releases cept We're Outta Here which took me 3 years cos I could only find that album in Europe

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    well just take your time with them..for me..it took me aboot a year to find all the releases cept We're Outta Here which took me 3 years cos I could only find that album in Europe

yeh.. gotta do that cause even if I'd find the albums I'd have to have the money to get them too.
    Rory Rosegarten's Rosegarten Films has secured the rights to "I Slept with Joey Ramone", the only authorized biography of the late Joey Ramone, the lead singer of the seminal rock band the RAMONES, for a film on the legendary rocker's life.

The book, written by Joey's brother Mickey Leigh along with Legs McNeil, longtime music writer and co-author of "Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk", will be published by Touchstone Books (a division of Simon and Schuster) in the fall of 2007.

In addition to securing the motion-picture rights to the book, Rosegarten also negotiated the rights to Joey's life story from his mother and the executrix of Ramone's estate, Charlotte Lesher. Rosegarten will also be working closely with Ramones Productions for the use of the RAMONES recordings in the film. Rosegarten will serve as a producer. Leigh will serve as an executive producer.

According to Rosegarten, "I grew up listening to the RAMONES and seeing them in concert. Joey's story is fascinating and very touching. He overcame incredible physical and mental hardship to front one of the most influential bands in the history of rock and roll. He helped cement the RAMONES at the forefront of the punk movement in the late Seventies and Eighties, only to die a tragic death at 49. I am both thrilled and honored that Mickey and Charlotte have trusted me to help tell Joey's story."

Leigh said, "I've been friends with Rory since 1979, when he unofficially managed my band, THE RATTLERS, until he went to college. I trusted him with my career and life back then, and now I trust him with my brother's life story. I am thrilled to have him by my side for this project. Rory and I finally get to work together on a story close to both of our hearts."

"Rory has been a friend of Mickey's for a long time. He is a caring and thoughtful guy and I'm confident he'll handle this story with all the sensitivity it warrants," said Lesher.

Rosegarten continued, "I'm really amazed how many studios contacted me when the word leaked that I was going to do this project. Everyone has been very enthusiastic about making a "Joey" film. The band has had a tremendous impact on popular music in the United States, but the most exciting thing is how huge they are worldwide. The movie will have an astounding foreign appeal."

Instrumental in helping Rory put this deal together was entertainment attorney Jon Moonves, who helped navigate through the legal twists and turns. Not an easy project to take on, it took nearly a year to finalize. Rosegarten observed, "Between the estate, Mickey and Ramones Productions, it was a giant jigsaw puzzle. This was a tricky deal, but everyone pulled together to make it work."

YNWA