hey ho, let's go!

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    eMMI wrote:
    I just bought what I saw. :D
    so no, didn't buy it cause the store didn't have it.

gonna go home in a bit and watch it! :)
    hope your store gets that dvd..its a nice insight on the band

hah great..enjoy your dvd :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    rage333 wrote:
    I love the Ramones. I am in a band and I play guitar. We play alot of Zeppelin and Black Sabbath and stuff. One day I was like "Hey guys lets play some Ramones!" and our bassplayer was like "No it's not Challenging enough for me". Fucking stupid. Why do songs have to be hard to play? What happend to just wanting to play GOOD songs. Not taking anything away from Zeppelin or Sabbath but the Ramones are right up there with them in terms of songwriting and stuff. My band cant get their heads around the concept of "No solos". Anyways I love the Ramones.

well, that bass player doesn't know what he's talking about. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hope your store gets that dvd..its a nice insight on the band

hah great..enjoy your dvd :D

I hope so too. :)
    I also hope I'll have the money to buy it when they get it. :)

I'm sure I will, thanks! :D

see you later pinheads!!! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    shite. no DVD for me yet.. :( I'll have to wait till my mom's finished listening to her CD. :D (in our living room our CD player don't work so she has to listen with the DVD player.. :p )

ah well, I've waited until now I guess I can wait longer. :D
    OMG I watched the DVD!! :D feckin greatness!!! :D:D

so, did Dee Dee really try to succeed as a rapper??? :confused:

Joey seemed like such a sweet guy.. :) and Johnny had a totally different voice than I had imagined. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    so, did Dee Dee really try to succeed as a rapper??? :confused:
    haha..it was a decent effort i'd say...i must admit i like his rap song Funky Man haha...
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    haha..it was a decent effort i'd say...i must admit i like his rap song Funky Man haha...

ah well.. :rolleyes: to each their own I guess. :p I was kinda freaked out about that. :D but he sure had some smooth moves by the looks of the video. :)
    oh and another thing about the Ramones Raw, I never knew they had been in Finland too. that's cool! :) though I was only a year old then. :p
    what a fun the Ramones day I had today! :D
    the whole time I was in school, I had Somebody Put Something in My Drink playing in my head.. :D

I just hope it's not a prediction of any sort for we are going out next week.. :eek: (no, actually the week after that.. :p )
    today I found a Ramones-jackpot from our library!!!! :D

The Story of the Ramones - Everett True (this is like the thrid time I'm trying to get it read :D )
    Heaven Needed a Lead Singer: Fans Remember Joey Ramone - Ari-Pekka Laitio-Ramone (some book.. sounds interesting :cool: )

and

We're a Happy Family, a tribute CD for the Ramones, various artists performing their songs.. is it any good? :) haven't had the time to listen to it yet..
    eMMI wrote:
    We're a Happy Family, a tribute CD for the Ramones, various artists performing their songs.. is it any good? :) haven't had the time to listen to it yet..
    its not bad at all...there are some really good covers..i like the Garbage,MetallicA,RHCP and Rooney covers best...great linear notes too written by Stephen King

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    its not bad at all...there are some really good covers..i like the Garbage,MetallicA,RHCP and Rooney covers best...great linear notes too written by Stephen King

good. :) it does look like it could be really good. :)
    gotta listen to it soon. :D

oh my, further examination of the record showes me that mr. Vedder also appears in the recordings. I seriously did not see that until just now. :D
    cool. :cool:
    eMMI wrote:
    good. :) it does look like it could be really good. :)
    gotta listen to it soon. :D

oh my, further examination of the record showes me that mr. Vedder also appears in the recordings. I seriously did not see that until just now. :D
    cool. :cool:
    yeh he appears on 2 tracks with Zeke..also great covers!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh he appears on 2 tracks with Zeke..also great covers!

I feel like I shouldn't be asking this, but who's Zeke? :o
    don't condemn me for that..!
    eMMI wrote:
    I feel like I shouldn't be asking this, but who's Zeke? :o
    don't condemn me for that..!
    lol i wont
    they arent a very famous band but they have a decent following
    they too played quite a number of shows at CBGBs and played a few shows with Nirvana before Nirvana were famous.
    they are a Seattle band too

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol i wont
    they arent a very famous band but they have a decent following
    they too played quite a number of shows at CBGBs and played a few shows with Nirvana before Nirvana were famous.
    they are a Seattle band too

thanks. :)
    wow, again I have become a little smarter. :D lol.

you know, I've come to the conclusion that the Ramones has too many incredibly good songs.. how can one band be so.. productive? and good? :D
    eMMI wrote:
    thanks. :)
    wow, again I have become a little smarter. :D lol.

you know, I've come to the conclusion that the Ramones has too many incredibly good songs.. how can one band be so.. productive? and good? :D
    i must admit...they have some songs that sound exactly the same..but hey its all good..
    i think they have some bad tracks on "Halfway to Sanity"
    other than that album...all the tracks are so darn good!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i must admit...they have some songs that sound exactly the same..but hey its all good..
    i think they have some bad tracks on "Halfway to Sanity"
    other than that album...all the tracks are so darn good!

that's true. I've many times thought one track to be the other and then the other as the first. lol. :D but the lyrics make them all unique. :D

I don't think I've seen that album anywhere, so I don't know if I've heard any of those tracks..
  • lenileni Posts: 2
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Pearl Jam have covered The KKK Took My Baby Away and I Believe in Miracles(the cover on Benaroya rules!)

I'm from Argentina, and not a very aplicated Ramones' fan, although a like them. The thing is, Ramones have made an excelent frienship with argentinian audience (Vedder can assure that, for he was join them on a tour that led them down here almost 8 years ago).
    Last november, Eddie on his own showed himself very touched when argentinian PJ fans sang along I believe in miracles from top to bottom. It was pretty beautifull, as my english is wrong.
    He who forgets
    leni wrote:
    I'm from Argentina, and not a very aplicated Ramones' fan, although a like them. The thing is, Ramones have made an excelent frienship with argentinian audience (Vedder can assure that, for he was join them on a tour that led them down here almost 8 years ago).
    Last november, Eddie on his own showed himself very touched when argentinian PJ fans sang along I believe in miracles from top to bottom. It was pretty beautifull, as my english is wrong.

sounds like something I'd love to have been a part of!

btw, your English isn't bad. :)
    leni wrote:
    yeh thats true..the Ramones adored their fans in South America cos they were showed the Ramones more love than any others around the world

YNWA
    so, I listened to the We're a happy Family album.
    it was good. :)

I like the fact that some of the bands made a version of the song that was "they're own", not just a band playing a Ramones song. if you know what I mean. :)

I especially like the RHCP, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson and Garbage versions.
    but the other tracks are really good too! :D
    though Ed sounds a bit weird in I Believe in Miracles..
    eMMI wrote:
    I like the fact that some of the bands made a version of the song that was "they're own", not just a band playing a Ramones song. if you know what I mean. :)
    oh yes i know what you mean.
    thats why i din really enjoy some of the covers cos they sound the same! of course crappier than the original :D

i like RHCP's cover of "Havana Affair" as well..but im not a fan of Frusciante's cover of "Today Your Love,Tomorrow the World"

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    oh yes i know what you mean.
    thats why i din really enjoy some of the covers cos they sound the same! of course crappier than the original :D

i like RHCP's cover of "Havana Affair" as well..but im not a fan of Frusciante's cover of "Today Your Love,Tomorrow the World"

of course! :D

he's done a cover of that? didn't know.
    it does sound a bit.. I mean just the idea of it..

seems like a lot of people do a lot of Ramones covers.. :)
    maybe cause the songs aren't really that difficult? :p

that brings in mind my absolute favourite Dee Dee quote, "this is a very noisy hotel." lol. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    of course! :D

he's done a cover of that? didn't know.
    it does sound a bit.. I mean just the idea of it..

seems like a lot of people do a lot of Ramones covers.. :)
    maybe cause the songs aren't really that difficult? :p

that brings in mind my absolute favourite Dee Dee quote, "this is a very noisy hotel." lol. :D
    the John Frusciante cover is a hidden track on the album.
    the first pressing of the cd that come in a digipak has that track.

yeh many have!
    i think its because Ramones have just influenced that many bands!
    be it Metal or even pop...the Ramones have influenced everyone.

Dee Dee has too many funny quotes lol..

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    the John Frusciante cover is a hidden track on the album.
    the first pressing of the cd that come in a digipak has that track.

yeh many have!
    i think its because Ramones have just influenced that many bands!
    be it Metal or even pop...the Ramones have influenced everyone.

Dee Dee has too many funny quotes lol..

mmmkay. :D checking it out then.

for sure. it's really interesting to think that basically every musician knows the Ramones and likes the music. maybe not J'Lo but others. :D

lol.
    the hotel quote isn't really funny when written down but it cracks me up every time I see it on Ramones Raw! :D:D
    eMMI wrote:
    mmmkay. :D checking it out then.

for sure. it's really interesting to think that basically every musician knows the Ramones and likes the music. maybe not J'Lo but others. :D

lol.
    the hotel quote isn't really funny when written down but it cracks me up every time I see it on Ramones Raw! :D:D
    the hotel scenes were pretty funny but at the same time it did sadden me alittle to see how drugs and alcohol caused Dee Dee to be in such a state.
    from the best looking in the band...by the time it was 88..Dee Dee looked 60..sad sight for me.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    the hotel scenes were pretty funny but at the same time it did sadden me alittle to see how drugs and alcohol caused Dee Dee to be in such a state.
    from the best looking in the band...by the time it was 88..Dee Dee looked 60..sad sight for me.

I know. :( the guy who came up with drugs should be hanged by the balls and kicked!

about looks btw. the first time I saw a pic of Joey I thought he was a she. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    about looks btw. the first time I saw a pic of Joey I thought he was a she. :D
    !!!! u must be kidding!

most of my female friends think hes very hot..and some say he looks like Howard Stern or Marilyn Manson haha

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    !!!! u must be kidding!

most of my female friends think hes very hot..and some say he looks like Howard Stern or Marilyn Manson haha

no, I'm absolutely not kidding!!!

he is (okay was) good looking, even hot, in his very own peculiar way: :)

but I really honestly truly first thought he was a chick.