hey ho, let's go!

eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
edited March 2006 in Other Music
if the thing that comes to your head after reading the title is the Ramones, you're in the right place! :D

so, this is the Ramones appreciation thread.
I couldn't find one made before this and I apologise if there is one.

but, the Ramones. whaddya think? :D

btw. I don't wanna be buried in the pet sematary. :p
"Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i usually make Ramones threads but not as many pinheads as i would have liked replied.
    most of them just know the tracks that Pearl Jam covers thats it :(

love the band despite what most say lol..

2006 looks a good year for the Ramones fans.
    nominated for 2 Grammy's and new 2 disc live dvd set out soon.

check out this link if you haven't..has some cool rare Ramones stuff :)
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=145509
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • i fuckin love the ramones.....i just hope people dont began to look up fot them now they are dead...
  • The Ramones are awesome! It's so sad how three of the members have died in the last four years. Their music has gone really underappreciated in the years... it's so interesting learning about their past. I never actually realized the song Pet Sematary was named after the book, then like a week after I read the book I went onto the lyrics site and got chills realizing that the song was about the book!
    Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/23/06
    The Ramones are awesome! It's so sad how three of the members have died in the last four years. Their music has gone really underappreciated in the years... it's so interesting learning about their past. I never actually realized the song Pet Sematary was named after the book, then like a week after I read the book I went onto the lyrics site and got chills realizing that the song was about the book!
    it was also featured in the movie from 1988(or 89)
    Stephen King is a HUGE fan of the fast four..so it was only fitting.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,682
    Gotta love the Ramones.
    Had the pleasure of seeing them live 3 times. Great when a band can squeeze 25-30 songs into a 60 minute set.

Last time I saw them was on Valentine's Day sometime circa 1996 or 97 (I'll have to check ticket stub), my wife (then girlfriend or fiancee) said "you'd rather spend Valentine's Day with Joey Ramone than me?"
    My answer of course was diplomatic, but still a yes.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,682
    The Ramones are awesome! It's so sad how three of the members have died in the last four years.
    Seems too eerily like the plot of some B movie where they sign a pact with the devil to get a recording contract, and years later, Beelzebub is collecting his debt.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    Gotta love the Ramones.
    Had the pleasure of seeing them live 3 times. Great when a band can squeeze 25-30 songs into a 60 minute set.

Last time I saw them was on Valentine's Day sometime circa 1996 or 97 (I'll have to check ticket stub), my wife (then girlfriend or fiancee) said "you'd rather spend Valentine's Day with Joey Ramone than me?"
    My answer of course was diplomatic, but still a yes.
    yeh it was 96..their last tour was in 96.

i would have answered a yes too lol..especially in 96 when they already made it clear it was their last tour

YNWA
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i've been watchin 'we're outta here' a lot lately

miss them
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Last Saturday a friend of mine (I think the biggest RAMONES fan i've ever met) gave me a copy of a 1979 show in Athens and it's great, we were watching videos, listening to their records and talking how nice is that Pearl Jam are also huge fans of them.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Fuckin love the ramones man!! got to know em a few years ago through a good friend and its been class eversince!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Today your love, tomorrow the world...
    Gotta love the Ramones, so many teenage memories are linked to that music. They never fail to cheer people up (well, the people I'd like to have as friends, anyway)
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
    barcoach wrote:
    Today your love, tomorrow the world...
    Gotta love the Ramones, so many teenage memories are linked to that music. They never fail to cheer people up (well, the people I'd like to have as friends, anyway)
    that's the great thing aboot the band....their lyrics can be pretty dark at times yet the music never fails to cheer you up.

YNWA
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i usually make Ramones threads but not as many pinheads as i would have liked replied.
    most of them just know the tracks that Pearl Jam covers thats it :(

love the band despite what most say lol..

2006 looks a good year for the Ramones fans.
    nominated for 2 Grammy's and new 2 disc live dvd set out soon.

check out this link if you haven't..has some cool rare Ramones stuff :)
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=145509

hmm, I'm sorry about that. :o
    I must admit, I have no clue which Ramones tracks PJ has covered. :D

the band is beyond great! fabuolous! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    hmm, I'm sorry about that. :o
    I must admit, I have no clue which Ramones tracks PJ has covered. :D

the band is beyond great! fabuolous! :D
    Pearl Jam have covered The KKK Took My Baby Away and I Believe in Miracles(the cover on Benaroya rules!)

YNWA
  • Sheena is a punkrocker !!
    Wave came crashing...
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Pearl Jam have covered The KKK Took My Baby Away and I Believe in Miracles(the cover on Benaroya rules!)

thanks, good to know! :)
    Fuckin love the ramones man!! got to know em a few years ago through a good friend and its been class eversince!

gotta wonder if there's any band in the world we both don't like!
    I mean, Pearl Jam, T. Rex.. :)
  • here i am here
    can you hear me:D;)
  • eMMI wrote:
    gotta wonder if there's any band in the world we both don't like!
    I mean, Pearl Jam, T. Rex.. :)

hehe!!! great taste emmi,great taste!! :)
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    They're forming in a straight line
    They're going through a tight wind....
    :D
    i love this band sooo much
  • Do you remember Rock n Roll high school?
    Wave came crashing...
    here i am here
    can you hear me:D;)

of course we can dear! :);)
    Do you remember Rock n Roll high school?

nah, I think I was too young then. :p
    hehe!!! great taste emmi,great taste!! :)

very much so. :)
  • eMMI wrote:
    very much so. :)

the ramones are part of the roots of good music! cant go wrong with those guys!!! ;)
    the ramones are part of the roots of good music! cant go wrong with those guys!!! ;)

too true amigo! :)

I'm just reading one book about them.. and I also recommend reading the book Please Kill Me. it has Ramones' early days as well as all punk. :D
    very good, not boring at all. :)
  • eMMI wrote:

I'm just reading one book about them.. and I also recommend reading the book Please Kill Me. it has Ramones' early days as well as all punk. :D

they were the maddest band what with wife swapping and all that! not talking to each other!! crazy stuff!!!
  • I like them and my old high school friend is probably the most devoted Ramones fan around. He turned from a jock to a complete Ramones fanatic in 8th grade. He's now know J-P Laitio-Ramone and he has written 2 books about them, has a Ramones web page and was flown to Joey's funeral by other fans.
    Crazy stuff. Here's the link.
    http://ramones.kauhajoki.fi
    eMMI wrote:

On the Road with the Ramones is definitely my fave book ever!
    its written by Monte(what a guy!)
    without Monte..the Ramones would be lost!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    On the Road with the Ramones is definitely my fave book ever!
    its written by Monte(what a guy!)
    without Monte..the Ramones would be lost!

have to check that out sometime then! :)