hey ho, let's go!

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    they were the maddest band what with wife swapping and all that! not talking to each other!! crazy stuff!!!

I know! :D

what other band does that? lol.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    eMMI wrote:
    have to check that out sometime then! :)
    do yourself a favor and get it asap.
    that books has nothing but truth from Monte..alot of very interesting stories aboot each Ramone too.
    a must have along with their albums n dvds.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    do yourself a favor and get it asap.
    that books has nothing but truth from Monte..alot of very interesting stories aboot each Ramone too.
    a must have along with their albums n dvds.

I'll have to work on it.

it sounds really great! I love how all of the band members are so clearly different.
    I think one of the funniest things about them is that Joey "had to" become the singer cause Dee Dee couldn't play the bass and sing at the same time. :rolleyes: (if that of course is true though..)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    I'll have to work on it.

it sounds really great! I love how all of the band members are so clearly different.
    I think one of the funniest things about them is that Joey "had to" become the singer cause Dee Dee couldn't play the bass and sing at the same time. :rolleyes: (if that of course is true though..)
    yeh thats true!
    theres a very funny comic in their latest boxset "Weird Tales of the Ramones" aboot the band line up changes haha..hilarious.
    yep..its amazing how the band members hated each other yet they toured for like 22 years together..amazing what they do for music.
    all thanks to Monte i would say..he kept the band alive despite the very difficult and different personalities especially after Johnny(the kkk) took Joey's baby away lol.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh thats true!
    theres a very funny comic in their latest boxset "Weird Tales of the Ramones" aboot the band line up changes haha..hilarious.
    yep..its amazing how the band members hated each other yet they toured for like 22 years together..amazing what they do for music.
    all thanks to Monte i would say..he kept the band alive despite the very difficult and different personalities especially after Johnny(the kkk) took Joey's baby away lol.

yeah, Johnny was something, so I've read.
    no disrespect but didn't he slap the other guys (Joey once I think and Dee Dee more often) around?
    I would've loved to see them live! :D

what they did and achieved is too much for me to write down, such an amazing band! :D:D:D:D
  • i downloaded sonic reducer with joey ramone......wow....best version of it...the band sounds so raw!!!
    and joey...well......
    anyone saw end of the century?
    eMMI wrote:
    yeah, Johnny was something, so I've read.
    no disrespect but didn't he slap the other guys (Joey once I think and Dee Dee more often) around?
    I would've loved to see them live! :D

what they did and achieved is too much for me to write down, such an amazing band! :D:D:D:D
    love Johnny...but he was an asshole at times.
    he loved to pick on the roadies too and at times would tell the tour bus driver to bang down "niggers" though he was joking im sure...

Dee Dee is my favorite..hes got such a huge personality!
    clips of him on the Ramones Raw dvd was abit sad though...clips of him being high in the morning n stuff.
    vinylguy wrote:
    i downloaded sonic reducer with joey ramone......wow....best version of it...the band sounds so raw!!!
    and joey...well......
    anyone saw end of the century?
    yep i got the dvd! cool documentary
    the scenes with Tommy were abit dull though lol..

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    love Johnny...but he was an asshole at times.
    he loved to pick on the roadies too and at times would tell the tour bus driver to bang down "niggers" though he was joking im sure...

Dee Dee is my favorite..hes got such a huge personality!
    clips of him on the Ramones Raw dvd was abit sad though...clips of him being high in the morning n stuff.

hmmh. new info to me.
    but I'm sure that mostly he was really cool.

I like Dee Dee too. everything I've read about him..
    let's just say that if I had been young when they were huge.. ;) I would've totally been into him. :D

also Joey seems. interesting. :o
    eMMI wrote:
    hmmh. new info to me.
    but I'm sure that mostly he was really cool.

I like Dee Dee too. everything I've read about him..
    let's just say that if I had been young when they were huge.. ;) I would've totally been into him. :D

also Joey seems. interesting. :o
    oh Joey is very interesting cos of his OCD! heh
    Monte was like his father on tour haha.
    Joey was a very sweet guy...noone could hate him...he had a very tortured soul too cos of Johnny stealing his woman...so bad it hurt him for more than 25 years.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    oh Joey is very interesting cos of his OCD! heh
    Monte was like his father on tour haha.
    Joey was a very sweet guy...noone could hate him...he had a very tortured soul too cos of Johnny stealing his woman...so bad it hurt him for more than 25 years.

I know.

what the Ramones did and what they lived with..
    it's amazing to think all that could happen to anyone in real life. it's a total life-bigger-than-a-movie -case, the Ramones..

why is it gone?
    eMMI wrote:
    I know.

what the Ramones did and what they lived with..
    it's amazing to think all that could happen to anyone in real life. it's a total life-bigger-than-a-movie -case, the Ramones..

why is it gone?
    yep that was the cool thing aboot the Ramones.
    they never really did live a rock n roll lifestyle cept for Dee Dee.
    they were mostly touring or had no money to enjoy.
    it still amazes me to this day that such a huge,influencial band doesn't even a gold or platinum album to their name.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yep that was the cool thing aboot the Ramones.
    they never really did live a rock n roll lifestyle cept for Dee Dee.
    they were mostly touring or had no money to enjoy.
    it still amazes me to this day that such a huge,influencial band doesn't even a gold or platinum album to their name.

I know.
    and it took way too long for them to get to Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame!!!
    people nowadays just don't understand.. :(
    eMMI wrote:
    I know.
    and it took way too long for them to get to Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame!!!
    people nowadays just don't understand.. :(
    Hall of Fame was an alright time..cos i think you gotta be in the business for 25 years to be illegible(i might be wrong)

yup..Ramones fans i seen just own a greatest hits collection and a few t shirts lol...
    i think they sell more shirts than cds haha

YNWA
    this is from Everett True's book Hey Ho Let's Go, The Story of the Ramones:
    "Then there was the choice of the person to give the keynote speech. Johnny wanted, and got, Eddie Vedder - but Pearl Jam's music has nothing in common with the Ramones. There were far better candidates for the job. More famous ones, even - if that's what mattered. Even Bono would've been preferable: Vedder made reference to Mohawks in his speech, when it was common knowledge that the Ramones never sported a Mohawk haircut in their entire career."

:eek:
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Hall of Fame was an alright time..cos i think you gotta be in the business for 25 years to be illegible(i might be wrong)

yup..Ramones fans i seen just own a greatest hits collection and a few t shirts lol...
    i think they sell more shirts than cds haha

hmm. never heard anything like that.

I don't have a Ramones-shirt. (I don't also have a PJ shirt. :( ) :D
    they might.. lol. :D

one of my friends is a fan of Rammstein and just a few days ago she said that she also likes the Ramones.. but she said she was disappointed that the original Sheena Is a Punk Rocker had slower tempo than the version made by some German punksomething band. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    this is from Everett True's book Hey Ho Let's Go, The Story of the Ramones:
    "Then there was the choice of the person to give the keynote speech. Johnny wanted, and got, Eddie Vedder - but Pearl Jam's music has nothing in common with the Ramones. There were far better candidates for the job. More famous ones, even - if that's what mattered. Even Bono would've been preferable: Vedder made reference to Mohawks in his speech, when it was common knowledge that the Ramones never sported a Mohawk haircut in their entire career."

:eek:
    haha..gotta agree with some of that.
    but i thought it was cool Eddie made the speech...just to proof you don't have to make punk music to appreciate it..Ramones music was for everyone.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    haha..gotta agree with some of that.
    but i thought it was cool Eddie made the speech...just to proof you don't have to make punk music to appreciate it..Ramones music was for everyone.

yup. it's a really cool speech, Eddie's good with the words. :)

but mr. True really got me wondering if he's ever read/heard the speech..
    eMMI wrote:
    yup. it's a really cool speech, Eddie's good with the words. :)

but mr. True really got me wondering if he's ever read/heard the speech..
    i guess Mr True is those kinda person who would have ass kissed Eddie during the Ten era..too many writers are like that nowadays.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i guess Mr True is those kinda person who would have ass kissed Eddie during the Ten era..too many writers are like that nowadays.

most likely.

why are nowadays like this?
    no appreciation for the Ramones.
    ass kissing writers.
    too cold in the winter.
    teenage chicks wearing Ramones t-shirts and when you ask them for their favourite song they go: favourite song of who?

:rolleyes:

oh and please note I'm really.. generalizing.
    eMMI wrote:
    most likely.

why are nowadays like this?
    no appreciation for the Ramones.
    ass kissing writers.
    too cold in the winter.
    teenage chicks wearing Ramones t-shirts and when you ask them for their favourite song they go: favourite song of who?

:rolleyes:

oh and please note I'm really.. generalizing.
    you're so fucking spot on with the t shirt thing!
    i have many Ramones tees and like few years ago this girl was wearing the exact same tee..so i was like cool u like the Ramones?
    she was like " huh who?"
    lol..

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    you're so fucking spot on with the t shirt thing!
    i have many Ramones tees and like few years ago this girl was wearing the exact same tee..so i was like cool u like the Ramones?
    she was like " huh who?"
    lol..

that's just really..! :rolleyes:

the same with some the Who shirt's I've seen. lol.

and when you're trying to help these chicks out with saying something like, "you know, hey ho, let's go." they just freak out and give you the loser-finger.

:rolleyes: lol.
    listened to some Ramones yesterday and now I can't get Beat On the Brat out of my head!
    not that I'm complaining. :D
  • Beat on the brat
    Beat on the brat
    Beat on the brat with a baseball bat...oh yeah...oh yeah...ohhh
    Wave came crashing...
    was just listening to End of the Century cos i had a craving for This Ain't Havana lol
    listened to Road to Ruin and Rocket to Russia too.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    was just listening to End of the Century cos i had a craving for This Ain't Havana lol
    listened to Road to Ruin and Rocket to Russia too.

good. :)

gosh, I don't even remember what albums I have on the computer. :rolleyes:
    I haven't been really systematic in collecting Ramones.
    eMMI wrote:
    good. :)

gosh, I don't even remember what albums I have on the computer. :rolleyes:
    I haven't been really systematic in collecting Ramones.
    i just buy whatever i see haah..cept hits collections..those are a waste of money.
    i have all the Ramones cds now cept for some hits cd(never planning to buy them) and We're Outta Here..its a bitch to find!
    i did buy the new boxset though for the dvd and comic book!
    disc 2 had a b-side that i never did hear before as well.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i just buy whatever i see haah..cept hits collections..those are a waste of money.
    i have all the Ramones cds now cept for some hits cd(never planning to buy them) and We're Outta Here..its a bitch to find!
    i did buy the new boxset though for the dvd and comic book!
    disc 2 had a b-side that i never did hear before as well.

the only place I see Ramones CDs is our library!
    except for those shitty hit collections, they're everywhere!

but I'm looking, I'm looking.
    and yeah, I'd buy whatever crossed my path too. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    the only place I see Ramones CDs is our library!
    except for those shitty hit collections, they're everywhere!

but I'm looking, I'm looking.
    and yeah, I'd buy whatever crossed my path too. :D
    yah nowadays Ramones cds are pretty hard to find in record stores cept for the Hits collections.
    i had to get the dvds,Loco Live and a few of the newer remastered albums from amazon.
    now hoping to find We're Outta Here for a decent price

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yah nowadays Ramones cds are pretty hard to find in record stores cept for the Hits collections.
    i had to get the dvds,Loco Live and a few of the newer remastered albums from amazon.

yeah. you can say that again!

I'm starting to think I probably should order the albums online..
    but I don't wanna!
    AxlUlrich wrote:

yeah. you can say that again!

I'm starting to think I probably should order the albums online..
    but I don't wanna!