Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Opening up w Regular John I would have lost it.
  • Options
    EODM is way different from QOTSA. more like a sexy dance rock kind of vibe. Josh only plays drums in studio, doesn't do the live shows
    I'd still follow the lineage.
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    Saw QOTSA live twice this past week. First show was Frankfurt. Josh started the show with a face mask on and I couldn’t figure out, what kind of mask it was, as there were no screens and my seats (first row, but still too far from the stage) were behind the GA section. Was worried about a covid thing first, but he sang two songs with it and took it off afterwards. Turned later out to be just a “fashion” accessory. 
    Josh said that he was stoned and as he was smoking a joint while mentioning, I guess it must have been true. Lol Overall really good mood from the band and already a good setlist, but the sound wasn’t  too great at the place I was at. And people mostly sat during the show. But I still enjoyed the show a lot, especially as it was my first QOTSA show ever. 
    But the second show (Düsseldorf) was just mind blowing! GA was really rough at times (some really drunk people, smaller physical fights and lots of shoving) but still absolutely worth it! Took some smaller clips, but can’t seem to be able to upload them here. One absolutely worth mentioning is Josh crowd-surfing while singing SJF. I’ll put up some pictures here. 
    Sound was fantastic, setlist amazing. Some highlights for me: Straight jacket fitting, I think I lost my headache, Go with the flow with a beautiful slow start and luckily we got Song for the dead (they didn’t close with that one on some other recent shows), that was just as good and even better than expected! I didn’t think I would be that blown away by God is on the Radio.These guys are such good musicians who really put on an amazing show! Looking forward to seeing them again next year! 

• Options
    LizJ said:
    Saw QOTSA live twice this past week. First show was Frankfurt. Josh started the show with a face mask on and I couldn’t figure out, what kind of mask it was, as there were no screens and my seats (first row, but still too far from the stage) were behind the GA section. Was worried about a covid thing first, but he sang two songs with it and took it off afterwards. Turned later out to be just a “fashion” accessory. 
    Josh said that he was stoned and as he was smoking a joint while mentioning, I guess it must have been true. Lol Overall really good mood from the band and already a good setlist, but the sound wasn’t  too great at the place I was at. And people mostly sat during the show. But I still enjoyed the show a lot, especially as it was my first QOTSA show ever. 
    But the second show (Düsseldorf) was just mind blowing! GA was really rough at times (some really drunk people, smaller physical fights and lots of shoving) but still absolutely worth it! Took some smaller clips, but can’t seem to be able to upload them here. One absolutely worth mentioning is Josh crowd-surfing while singing SJF. I’ll put up some pictures here. 
    Sound was fantastic, setlist amazing. Some highlights for me: Straight jacket fitting, I think I lost my headache, Go with the flow with a beautiful slow start and luckily we got Song for the dead (they didn’t close with that one on some other recent shows), that was just as good and even better than expected! I didn’t think I would be that blown away by God is on the Radio.These guys are such good musicians who really put on an amazing show! Looking forward to seeing them again next year! 

I saw some footage on social media of him crowd surfing and singing SJF, looked fantastic. 

How people could sit for a QOTSA concert is beyond me. 
  • Options
    LizJ said:

I saw some footage on social media of him crowd surfing and singing SJF, looked fantastic. 

I stood in the 100's when everyone around me sat in like 2015 at barclays.
  • Options
    LizJ said:

I stood in the 100's when everyone around me sat in like 2015 at barclays.
    If QOTSA doesn't make you want to move, there's something wrong w/ you. 
  • Options
    Playing at WOW with Pulp and PJ Harvey next summer.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I’ve heard a decent rumor which is not even a rumor (I’m still in the rumor mode for PJs European tour next year :) ), as it came directly from someone close to the band, that they are planning to return to Berlin next summer. And Josh seems to have mentioned coming to Belgium again in an Interview yesterday as well. 
    But I’m sure they will announce this within the next days/weeks. 
  • Options
    Ah, nearly forgot: Here is a link for the radio broadcast of yesterday’s show in Belgium:

https://www.vrt.be/vrtmax/luister/radio/q/queens-of-the-stone-age-live~41-408/queens-of-the-stone-age-live~41-30183-0/

• Options
    Thompson172000Thompson172000 Ontario, Canada Posts: 35
    Canadian tour just announced this morning
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 860
    Cool they are playing some smaller venues.  Going to try for Oshawa.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,986

Awesome! If anyone has any presale codes please let me know. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,302

I'm bummed.  They've played Victoria a few times in the past, including when they toured for the previous album.  They're playing a few smaller Canadian cities on the tour, but they're skipping Victoria :(  Seems to becoming a common trend.  Bands who used to play here, have been skipping the last few years :(
  • Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 162
    edited December 2023
    demetrios said:

Moncton venue code is STONE

Halifax Scotiabank code is AVON

QOTSA code is PEEPHOLE

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    edited December 2023
    Looks like a 6 week window there from April - May where they could add some more US dates in addition to the festivals they already have planned. 

Hopefully they swing back through the Northeast and hopefully for some headlining shows... I'm all set w/ Boston Calling. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,839
    mckay said:
    demetrios said:

QOTSA code is PEEPHOLE

I got tickets for Moncton then they closed the presale. Was supposed to be on thursday i guess. Wonder what will happen with my tickets 
  • Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 162
    PJNB said:
    mckay said:
    demetrios said:

QOTSA code is PEEPHOLE

I got tickets for Moncton then they closed the presale. Was supposed to be on thursday i guess. Wonder what will happen with my tickets 

Same.  I've been checking my ticketmaster account all morning after i got the correction email, but they're still in my account.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Where does one find the presale code for YEG? 
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    mckay said:
    demetrios said:

QOTSA code is PEEPHOLE

Thanks!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,896
    edited December 2023
    Finally getting to catch this tour. Can’t wait for the shows next week!!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,104
    I'm mostly out on making big travel plans for shows but....man....Queens and Massive Attack in Transylvania....

• Options
    Tickets secured. :)
  • Options
    No luck with Oshawa
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    @mikesbri Same here. Venue just posted on Instagram and Facebook that they are experiencing technical difficulties with the pre sale and will post once it is fixed 
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up.  
  • Options
    mikesbri said:
    Thanks for the heads up.  
    Oshawa tickets are up for sale now!
  • Options
    Thanks got a pair.  
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Bummed to miss this Saturday's show. It turns out we bought tickets to 2 events - Queens and a kids Christmas event. We just realized this the other day. While we really wanted to go to the Queens show, it's our daughter's 1st Christmas and we'd both much rather see her smile BIG while staring at all of the Christmas lights. So, I listed them on TM for what we paid and they were sold within minutes. To anyone going to the Houston show, rock extra hard for us and have a blast!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    mfc2006 said:
    Bummed to miss this Saturday's show. It turns out we bought tickets to 2 events - Queens and a kids Christmas event. We just realized this the other day. While we really wanted to go to the Queens show, it's our daughter's 1st Christmas and we'd both much rather see her smile BIG while staring at all of the Christmas lights. So, I listed them on TM for what we paid and they were sold within minutes. To anyone going to the Houston show, rock extra hard for us and have a blast!
    Bummer but it’s not even a question you’re making the right decision! Merry Christmas to you and family! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 said:
    Bummer but it’s not even a question you’re making the right decision! Merry Christmas to you and family! 
    Thanks, man! Same to you!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com