Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited October 2023
    Loved the first album as well. when I saw them for the first time in 2011, they toured with it for the vinyl reissue. @josevolution also check out Over the Years and Through the Woods. It's a concert movie / docu kind of thing with lots of fun versions from songs up until Lullabies.Oh, and I personally also loved this Unplugged session. Maybe because it is in Berlin and Josh talks a bit in German lol (And also because I love I Never Came)

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Was aware of the hits but Like Clockwork is what pulled me into the fold.  If I Had a Tail…
  • The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,174
    Listened to the whole 1st effort from them and it just kicks so much ass! This band just rocks now onto the 2nd effort and I hope they can tour again next year! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    Listened to the whole 1st effort from them and it just kicks so much ass! This band just rocks now onto the 2nd effort and I hope they can tour again next year! 
    Awesome! Keep sharing your thought Jose. Love to hear it 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Standout tracks 
    Mexicola
    you can’t quit me
    Ah screw it the whole album is great can’t wait to listen Rated R 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Standout tracks 
    Mexicola
    you can’t quit me
    The best way for me to describe rated R is it sounds like a demented mix tape. I wasn’t crazy about it at first listen. I actually kind of didn’t like it. But it grew tremendously on me 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Standout tracks 
    Mexicola
    you can’t quit me
    The best way for me to describe rated R is it sounds like a demented mix tape. I wasn’t crazy about it at first listen. I actually kind of didn’t like it. But it grew tremendously on me 
    Just listened to Rated R complete and man I really like it too love the darkness of this music and love that there’s no anthem songs and you have to work at getting it! I’m not sure if these songs were written when Josh was going through his addiction but you can almost feel it coming through the songs 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Standout tracks 
    Mexicola
    you can’t quit me
    Just listened to Rated R complete and man I really like it too love the darkness of this music and love that there’s no anthem songs and you have to work at getting it! I’m not sure if these songs were written when Josh was going through his addiction but you can almost feel it coming through the songs 
    Couldn’t agree more!!!! I know you weren’t digging them before the FH show but I’m glad you stuck with it because it’s a very rewarding experience. 
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,467
    edited October 2023
    I probably wouldn’t have thought that Rated R would be my favourite Queens record, but it seems to be the one that I keep coming back to the most.
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Saw them in Denver a couple weeks ago. Crowd was so dead, which seems to be a theme here. Band was really good and tight. Not closing with a song for the dead was a huge let down. I would see them again somewhere in the Northeast or Midwest 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Standout tracks 
    Mexicola
    you can’t quit me
    Better Living Through Chemistry is a song I completely forgot about until I saw them live this year. Great fucking song. Really gives off a Pink Floyd/Interpol vibe
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    goldrush said:
    I probably wouldn’t have thought that Rated R would be my favourite Queens record, but it seems to be the one that I keeps coming back to the most.
    Lullabies is my favorite...love Rated R though as that was my introduction to QOTSA

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    edited October 2023
    Headed down under next summer… hope they do another NA run in the late winter / early spring. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
    I’ve listened to the 1st four albums I can’t say which one I like the best but I do know this band could do a 30 song set and they’d be no piss brake songs! 
    I’ve listened to the 1st four albums I can’t say which one I like the best but I do know this band could do a 30 song set and they’d be no piss brake songs! 
    That’s THE WORST part about their live shows hahahah. There’s just waaaayyyy too many songs I’d love to hear. I wish they mixed it up just slightly more. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    That’s THE WORST part about their live shows hahahah. There’s just waaaayyyy too many songs I’d love to hear. I wish they mixed it up just slightly more. 
    Being a newbie to this band gives me an advantage of not needing a change up of sets unless I did a multiple show run! But for sure can’t wait till they come around again. Heck if I was a rich person I’d be planning on heading down under for shows 
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352

Ah, it is beautiful to witness you getting into it :)
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    I stopped trying to rank the albums, they simply have too much amazing material. 

I'm happy to sit back and just marvel at how their song writing has progressed / evolved over the course of their career. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I still regret not going when they were a new band here and played a local bar.   I think I was in Vancouver going to a different concert, but it caused me to miss seeing them do a bar show.

The good news is they do play here sometimes, so I got to see the last tour.  Fingers crossed they come back again :)

Really liking getting to know their material and it’s insane that this band never interested me before seeing them this past summer! PJ took all my interest from 92 through 2015 but I’m really glad I decided to attend their show here! 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834

Really liking getting to know their material and it’s insane that this band never interested me before seeing them this past summer! PJ took all my interest from 92 through 2015 but I’m really glad I decided to attend their show here! 
    I skipped QOTSA at PJ20.  What a dumb dumb.  

I skipped QOTSA at PJ20.  What a dumb dumb.  
    Wtf 😳 the I was there too oh man what a shame 
    They played Mexicola and Millionaire at PJ20....it was awesome

• LizJLizJ Posts: 347
    Don’t think that there are many people here attending the upcoming shows in Germany, but if there  should be someone looking for a ticket for the concert in Frankfurt in November, send me a message. I have a spare ticket for a reserved seat, first row for QOTSA at Jahrhunderthalle, November 8. 
  • They played Mexicola and Millionaire at PJ20....it was awesome
    I got that at Barclays I believe?
    They played Mexicola and Millionaire at PJ20....it was awesome
    I’m completely stunned that I didn’t know who they were those days ughh all I cared for was PJ! I was with a crowd that cared more about getting our buzz on so we partied instead of seeing the opening bands 
    Listened to Era Vulgaris driving home last night throughly enjoyed it love the vibe of it maybe it’s because it’s all new to me but man just love every note of it! 
    Listened to Era Vulgaris driving home last night throughly enjoyed it love the vibe of it maybe it’s because it’s all new to me but man just love every note of it! 
    Each album definitely has its own vibe without ever not sounding like QOTSA. It’s a really hard thing to do yet they’ve somehow mastered it.