Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    So I’ve listen to Villains a couple of times now and this might be mi favorite from them it’s just so damn good Fortress is my favorite! One thing I must say Josh’s singing or his voice has so many different tones to it it’s really incredible 
    Fortress is f'ing great... the lyrics are amazing, the song has such a great feel to it. I think it's a perfect example of how their songwriting has evolved over the years. 

IDK which album of theirs is my favorite, but Villains is up there... there's SO much to unpack on that album. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    So I’ve listen to Villains a couple of times now and this might be mi favorite from them it’s just so damn good Fortress is my favorite! One thing I must say Josh’s singing or his voice has so many different tones to it it’s really incredible 
    Me being a new fan, I heard a lot of negative things about this album before I heard it. I can’t understand how some fans do not like it.  It’s fucking incredible. VOC has become one of my favorite songs from them, period. 
    I’m really stunned at all the different vibes from album to album they really push the boundaries of their sound in so many different directions! I’m really enjoying getting to know their music and makes me want to see more shows from them.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I may / may not have mentioned this before, but I have to think Troy Van Leuwen getting into the songwriting had an impact... not that I've listened to his other work, but LTP was the first album he had a hand in writing, and there was definitely a noticeable shift from SFTD -> LTP.   
    Not to mention Nick Oliveri was booted in that time frame too... I can't help but think those lineup changes had a huge impact on the direction of the songwriting. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834
    I may / may not have mentioned this before, but I have to think Troy Van Leuwen getting into the songwriting had an impact... not that I've listened to his other work, but LTP was the first album he had a hand in writing, and there was definitely a noticeable shift from SFTD -> LTP.   
    Not to mention Nick Oliveri was booted in that time frame too... I can't help but think those lineup changes had a huge impact on the direction of the songwriting. 
    Absolutely! As classic as those first few albums are , I definitely dig the vibe on the later stuff a lot more. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Absolutely! As classic as those first few albums are , I definitely dig the vibe on the later stuff a lot more. 
    It's definitely a more mature style / less raw. 

There's WAY more sound behind them then there used to be. I remarked to my buddy about the live version of In The Fade that we heard this summer, specifically how much fuller it sounds live these days than the album version we're used to... it's who they are now. 
  • Options
    mckay said:
    Preorder for Songs for the Deaf is up on the site:

Again?  Didn't they do this a few years ago?
  • Options
    mckay said:

VMP put out a pretty sweet colored version a few years back. 

Far & away one of my favorite vinyl scores. 
  • Options
    mckay said:

VMP put out a pretty sweet colored version a few years back. 

Far & away one of my favorite vinyl scores. 
    It was and still is one of my faves  considering the OG is a fortune.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Anybody checked out Desert Sessions? This here was always a favorite of mine. Good driving song.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    love desert sessions
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Anybody checked out Desert Sessions? This here was always a favorite of mine. Good driving song.

Cool 
  • Options

It's possible that I've listened to this opening riff more times than anyone else. When I would connect my phone to my old car through the USB, it would always start playing the song that was alphabetically first of all the songs on my phone. And that would be "A#1"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,310

Cool 
    I guess you know what you need to check out once you’ve finished your QOTSA marathon… all 12 volumes of Desert Sessions!  =)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Cool 
    I guess you know what you need to check out once you’ve finished your QOTSA marathon… all 12 volumes of Desert Sessions!  =)
    I just retired I’ll have plenty of time to get into it! 😃 still have to listen to their latest output but this has been a lot of fun getting to know this band 
  • Options
    happy retirement Jose!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    happy retirement Jose!
    Thanks! Def will be an adjustment but in a good way 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 758

Ziggo Dome Amsterdam right now

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Robbert said:

Oh damn lucky you! Enjoy let us know how it was 
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options
    That’s a big crowd 
  • Options
    Robbert said:

Oh damn lucky you! Enjoy let us know how it was 
    It was brilliant. 1 hour 45 set
    Great start of the tour
  • Options
    That’s a big crowd 
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Nice! They have a big fan base in Europe, I think they may be bigger there than in the US.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834
    Setlist looked great! I’m sure everyone had a great night. I’m dying to see them again. 
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    That’s a big crowd 
    That’s not to big it looked bigger from the picture glad you enjoyed it! 
  • Options
    Battery Acid tour debut…. Nice.
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Cool 
    And Kyuss... and Eagles of Death Metal and Them Crooked Vultures...
  • Options
    EODM is way different from QOTSA. more like a sexy dance rock kind of vibe. Josh only plays drums in studio, doesn't do the live shows
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    goldrush said:

Cool 
    And Kyuss... and Eagles of Death Metal and Them Crooked Vultures...
    Then Crooked Vultures for sure!
  • Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 162
    Gawd damn...they finally broke out Obscenery!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Can't wait to see them again next month!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com