Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,968
    Headed down under next summer… hope they do another NA run in the late winter / early spring. 
    Wow, they’re playing Torquay! Great little surfing spot an hour or so from Melbourne 🤔 festival down there possibly? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,254
    Listened to Era Vulgaris driving home last night throughly enjoyed it love the vibe of it maybe it’s because it’s all new to me but man just love every note of it! 
    Misfit Love is a top five song for me. Love the long intro.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    Headed down under next summer… hope they do another NA run in the late winter / early spring. 
    Wow, they’re playing Torquay! Great little surfing spot an hour or so from Melbourne 🤔 festival down there possibly? 
    You should def go I’d def go if I was an hour away 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Torquay is a great spot, however I’ll probably stick to the Melbourne show itself. Which is 30-40mins down the freeway. Torquay is about 2hrs from where I live. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Torquay is a great spot, however I’ll probably stick to the Melbourne show itself. Which is 30-40mins down the freeway. Torquay is about 2hrs from where I live. 
    That all sounds great would love to visit some day! Enjoy the show and give us your review 
  • Options
    I’ll be listening to Like Clockwork today 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,234
    Enjoy, it’s a gem for sure 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162

Any place where Johnny Utah chases Bodhi must be cool. Recently rewatched that cool flick bc saw a gorgeous home remodeled in Torquay on HGTV and they mentioned that movie. Ending killer wave takes place there but filmed in Oregon IIRC. Seems like a very remote region for a major concert? unless they expect to draw Cat supporters?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,835
    Oh boy. Let us know. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,926
    lookit the fan boi...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Oh boy. Let us know. 
    mickeyrat said:
    lookit the fan boi...
    Whoa damn this might be my favorite so far all the songs just flow perfectly! I’ll give it another listen on my way to work today in my truck to pick out favorite songs I just thought on my 1st listen I can’t pick out a favorite, need another complete listen!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Like Clockwork.  Phenomenal.   
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I’ve listened to the 1st four albums I can’t say which one I like the best but I do know this band could do a 30 song set and they’d be no piss brake songs! 

Ah, it is beautiful to witness you getting into it :)
    Really liking getting to know their material and it’s insane that this band never interested me before seeing them this past summer! PJ took all my interest from 92 through 2015 but I’m really glad I decided to attend their show here! 
    I skipped QOTSA at PJ20.  What a dumb dumb.  

Someone from here was so awesome to give me their pavilion tickets for night 2, so I could be up close two times. I was in musical heaven at PJ20.
  • Options
    I’ve listened to the 1st four albums I can’t say which one I like the best but I do know this band could do a 30 song set and they’d be no piss brake songs! 

Ah, it is beautiful to witness you getting into it :)
    Really liking getting to know their material and it’s insane that this band never interested me before seeing them this past summer! PJ took all my interest from 92 through 2015 but I’m really glad I decided to attend their show here! 
    I skipped QOTSA at PJ20.  What a dumb dumb.  

Someone from here was so awesome to give me their pavilion tickets for night 2, so I could be up close two times. I was in musical heaven at PJ20.
    Is there a meme of me kicking my own ass? For missing them not one night but twice 😣 
  • Options

Any place where Johnny Utah chases Bodhi must be cool. Recently rewatched that cool flick bc saw a gorgeous home remodeled in Torquay on HGTV and they mentioned that movie. Ending killer wave takes place there but filmed in Oregon IIRC. Seems like a very remote region for a major concert? unless they expect to draw Cat supporters?
    Torquay, certainly famous for its surfing, yet only an hour and a half from Melbourne. I’m thinking maybe it’s part of a festival? But not sure if there is one down there? Maybe QotSA know someone, who knows someone!? Would be cool if it was a stand alone show though!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,110
    What's better than a BK diptych?

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    What's better than a BK diptych?

Damn I’m not a poster collector but these are stunning 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    I really don’t know this band at all I’ve never listened to them so I’m going with no expectations and just wanna see if the live setting will change my enthusiasm about them! And 17 song set should be enough for me to get a feel for them. 
    Bump.

You've come a long way.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    I really don’t know this band at all I’ve never listened to them so I’m going with no expectations and just wanna see if the live setting will change my enthusiasm about them! And 17 song set should be enough for me to get a feel for them. 
    Bump.

You've come a long way.
    yep...now, about Radiohead
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,859
    jose hasn't listened to Radiohead??
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Bump.

You've come a long way.
    Bump.

You've come a long way.
    Yes I’m stuck on Clockwork at the moment just love the feel of the songs that come across with painful emotions! I want God to come and take me home cause I’m all alone in this crowd! Man I can feel that emotional plea.
    And folks I’ve always liked Radiohead saw them last time they played MSG, but I really like QOTSA better for my taste 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,859
    OK Computer is a masterpiece that is tough to match. Even the b sides/unreleased tracks are incredible. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OK Computer is a masterpiece that is tough to match. Even the b sides/unreleased tracks are incredible. 
    No doubt about it! 
  • Options
    Bump.

You've come a long way.
    Bump.

You've come a long way.
    Yes I’m stuck on Clockwork at the moment just love the feel of the songs that come across with painful emotions! I want God to come and take me home cause I’m all alone in this crowd! Man I can feel that emotional plea.
    And folks I’ve always liked Radiohead saw them last time they played MSG, but I really like QOTSA better for my taste 
    I say just listen to Body Snatchers from RH and youll be happy.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    edited October 2023
    Bump.

You've come a long way.
    Bump.

You've come a long way.
    Body Snatchers is a f'ing freight train.
  • Options
    Bump.

You've come a long way.
    Bump.

You've come a long way.
    I will but for now I’ll stick to QOTSA getting to know their material has been really cool! Thanks for the suggestion 
  • Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 162
    Preorder for Songs for the Deaf is up on the site:

• Options
    So I’ve listen to Villains a couple of times now and this might be mi favorite from them it’s just so damn good Fortress is my favorite! One thing I must say Josh’s singing or his voice has so many different tones to it it’s really incredible 
  • Options
    So I’ve listen to Villains a couple of times now and this might be mi favorite from them it’s just so damn good Fortress is my favorite! One thing I must say Josh’s singing or his voice has so many different tones to it it’s really incredible 
    Fortress is f'ing great... the lyrics are amazing, the song has such a great feel to it. I think it's a perfect example of how their songwriting has evolved over the years. 

IDK which album of theirs is my favorite, but Villains is up there... there's SO much to unpack on that album. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,835
    Me being a new fan, I heard a lot of negative things about this album before I heard it. I can’t understand how some fans do not like it.  It’s fucking incredible. VOC has become one of my favorite songs from them, period.