Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,857
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Bummed to miss this Saturday's show. It turns out we bought tickets to 2 events - Queens and a kids Christmas event. We just realized this the other day. While we really wanted to go to the Queens show, it's our daughter's 1st Christmas and we'd both much rather see her smile BIG while staring at all of the Christmas lights. So, I listed them on TM for what we paid and they were sold within minutes. To anyone going to the Houston show, rock extra hard for us and have a blast!
    Bummer but it’s not even a question you’re making the right decision! Merry Christmas to you and family! 
    Thanks, man! Same to you!
    You're good people, MFC! :smiley:
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Find another Christmas Event and see Queens!

Sincerely,
    Someone who hasn’t see enough Hallmark movies to understand the reason for the season.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Sincerely,
    Someone who hasn’t see enough Hallmark movies to understand the reason for the season.
    Ha! We considered that for about 2 seconds. It’s her first Christmas and she absolutely lights up when she sees lights. It’s the best!! I’d skip any concert there is to see her light up like that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Bummed to miss this Saturday's show. It turns out we bought tickets to 2 events - Queens and a kids Christmas event. We just realized this the other day. While we really wanted to go to the Queens show, it's our daughter's 1st Christmas and we'd both much rather see her smile BIG while staring at all of the Christmas lights. So, I listed them on TM for what we paid and they were sold within minutes. To anyone going to the Houston show, rock extra hard for us and have a blast!
    Bummer but it’s not even a question you’re making the right decision! Merry Christmas to you and family! 
    Thanks, man! Same to you!
    You're good people, MFC! :smiley:
    Right back atcha, buddy!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989

Sincerely,
    ditto...the kid won't give a shit

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860

Sincerely,

at this age, it isn't about making memories for the kid. it's about connecting on a level that's hard to understand and exposing your child to things they won't remember specifics but the bond is forged and continues on. it's about seeing your child's eyes light up and it literally fills your soul. I love live music just as much as anyone, but nothing beats that feeling. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2023

Sincerely,

at this age, it isn't about making memories for the kid. it's about connecting on a level that's hard to understand and exposing your child to things they won't remember specifics but the bond is forged and continues on. it's about seeing your child's eyes light up and it literally fills your soul. I love live music just as much as anyone, but nothing beats that feeling. 
    Sounds like you haven’t flushed a 4 iron to six feet before.

Understood. There have to be a lot of Christmas events though????    I don’t have kids.  Don’t understand. 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options

Sincerely,

Bring the kid to QOTSA & let her connect w/ Song For The Dead.  :D 
  • Options

Sincerely,

Exactly. I’ve seen them several times, so missing one show won’t kill me. If people don’t understand that, there’s nothing I can do about it. Happy Friday, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Sincerely,

Exactly. I’ve seen them several times, so missing one show won’t kill me. If people don’t understand that, there’s nothing I can do about it. Happy Friday, all.
    We understand. Just having fun with it.  
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Sincerely,

We understand. Just having fun with it.  
    +1
  • Options
    ^^gotcha. No worries.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    You are SO excused, @mfc2006. Especially this year. Have the best Christmas ever!
  • Options
    You are SO excused, @mfc2006. Especially this year. Have the best Christmas ever!
    You too, Lisa!! Hope to see y'all next year & wish you both a very Merry, Merry!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    mfc2006 said:
    You too, Lisa!! Hope to see y'all next year & wish you both a very Merry, Merry!

:)<3
  • Options

Sincerely,

I've got four kids so yeah...totally aware of that. But it's a stupid xmas show and those "light up" moments can be sought during times that QOTSA isn't on stage.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Sincerely,

I've got four kids so yeah...totally aware of that. But it's a stupid xmas show and those "light up" moments can be sought during times that QOTSA isn't on stage.
    To each, their own. We're happy with our decision and it was completely worth it. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Sincerely,

To each, their own. We're happy with our decision and it was completely worth it. 
    I'm not criticizing...you're happy with it so that's all that matters

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860

Sincerely,

Sounds like you haven’t flushed a 4 iron to six feet before.

Understood. There have to be a lot of Christmas events though????    I don’t have kids.  Don’t understand. 
    haha. you're correct. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,835
    This last batch of shows with songs like Regular John and Villains of circumstance showing up in the set must be amazing. I’d LOVE to see VOC live. It’s become one of my favorite songs from them. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,110
    EMEK LA print from the other night

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    pjl44 said:

That’s a beauty 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,968
    pjl44 said:

That’s a beauty 
    👌 sure is! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,896
    nicknyr15 said:
    This last batch of shows with songs like Regular John and Villains of circumstance showing up in the set must be amazing. I’d LOVE to see VOC live. It’s become one of my favorite songs from them. 
    Villians of Circumstance was nice surprise the other night in LA. I loved VoC during the Villians tour when they would play it off the end of I Appear Missing. 

Shows were incredible but after seeing the printed set list in SD, I was bummed they swapped out Negative Space and Obscenery.
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 830
    Does anyone else jerk their neck at a right angle during the stops in Paper Machete like Buckets the Drummer?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Villians of Circumstance was nice surprise the other night in LA. I loved VoC during the Villians tour when they would play it off the end of I Appear Missing. 

Shows were incredible but after seeing the printed set list in SD, I was bummed they swapped out Negative Space and Obscenery.
    That one two punch of songs w/ TVL on the double neck guitar were a highlight moment from the Villains tour. 
    JT167846 said:
    Does anyone else jerk their neck at a right angle during the stops in Paper Machete like Buckets the Drummer?
    Haha, I friggin’ love Buckets. 
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    If someone here should want to see QOTSA at Bottlerock. From their Instagram:
    GET SINGLE DAY TICKETS EARLY WITH CODE: QOTSA24
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    They just announced a few US dates for May in VA , FL & the Carolinas. Hopefully there’s (a lot) more to come. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684
    They just announced a few US dates for May in VA , FL & the Carolinas. Hopefully there’s (a lot) more to come. 
    Yeah I will probably go to Portsmouth.  It's a cool little venue.  Saw Jack White there a few years ago and he destroyed the place.  Royal Blood is a good opener.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,835
    I hope so