Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    QOTSA posters have kicked as the last few years.  Much higher hit % than PJ.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    Anyone paying attention to these sets in Canada? Last night they played this run of songs mid Set:

Sky is Fallin
    villains
    i appear missing 
    millionaire
    chemistry 

🥹🥹🥹

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    nicknyr15 said:
    Anyone paying attention to these sets in Canada? Last night they played this run of songs mid Set:

Sky is Fallin
    villains
    i appear missing 
    millionaire
    chemistry 

🥹🥹🥹

Villains -> I Appear Missing is 🔥
  • Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 160
    nicknyr15 said:

Sky is Fallin
    villains
    i appear missing 
    millionaire
    chemistry 

🥹🥹🥹

Hell yeah I have!   They have been amazing!  Seeing them tomorrow night in Moncton and then Halifax...can't wait!
  • Options
    mckay said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Sky is Fallin
    villains
    i appear missing 
    millionaire
    chemistry 

🥹🥹🥹

Hell yeah I have!   They have been amazing!  Seeing them tomorrow night in Moncton and then Halifax...can't wait!
    Jealous. Enjoy !! 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    QOTSA posters have kicked as the last few years.  Much higher hit % than PJ.
    OMG the pj posters have been horrible.  I havent bought one since boston 18.
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    I went to the show in London Ontario on April 10. Setlist is below... kicked so much ass

• Options
    Why do they abandon the first album so much?  I wonder if Josh is bored of it now?
  • Options
    Thompson172000Thompson172000 Ontario, Canada Posts: 35
    Went to the Oshawa show last week. Amazing show and killer poster. Was able to meet Josh afterwards as well. 

• Options
    I saw that pic on Reddit. Thats awesome you got to meet Josh. London Ont poster is below

• Options
    It was really surreal to meet him, he was super nice to all the fans! You guys got an amazing setlist in London wish I could have gone to that show as well, I saw the videos of Straight Jacket Fitting would have been crazy to see that live, lot of Era Vulgaris mixed in as well 
  • Options
    Went to the Oshawa show last week. Amazing show and killer poster. Was able to meet Josh afterwards as well. 

Mexicola says its a request.  Howd that go down?  You got 2 songs from the first album!
  • Options
    I was super happy to hear some songs from Self-Titled. Someone was also shouting for If Only as well and Josh acknowledged it but chose Sick,Sick,Sick over it which was still great. There were a ton of people with signs and luckily Josh noticed the one for Mexicola which was probably the best song of the night in my opinion was really wanting to hear that or I Appear Missing.  
  • Options
    I was super happy to hear some songs from Self-Titled. Someone was also shouting for If Only as well and Josh acknowledged it but chose Sick,Sick,Sick over it which was still great. There were a ton of people with signs and luckily Josh noticed the one for Mexicola which was probably the best song of the night in my opinion was really wanting to hear that or I Appear Missing.  
    Wow he obliged!  Very cool.  I like when they do that.
  • Options
    Speaking of signs, Josh acknowledged the signs in London and basically said "Fuck the signs, I don't wanna read" lol. Straight Jacket Fitting was amazing as was Josh's walk through the crowd. He was in a super good mood
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Better Living through Chemistry is great live...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Better Living through Chemistry is great live...
    Absolutely agree. Happy I got it at my show. That middle jam was intense. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    RD171825 said:
    Speaking of signs, Josh acknowledged the signs in London and basically said "Fuck the signs, I don't wanna read" lol. Straight Jacket Fitting was amazing as was Josh's walk through the crowd. He was in a super good mood

mood seems to be holding steady since sonic temple last year.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited April 19
    Winnipeg show was amazing. Poster was one of the worst I've ever seen. 

Queens of the Stone Age Winnipeg 24 Gonzalez  PosterDropscom

never thought they'd top the awfulness of this Winnipeg poster from 2007:

Queens of the Stone Age QOTSA Winnipeg 2007 Louis Durand Show Edition   Collectionzz
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Winnipeg show was amazing. Poster was one of the worst I've ever seen. 

Queens of the Stone Age Winnipeg 24 Gonzalez  PosterDropscom

never thought they'd top the awfulness of this Winnipeg poster from 2007:

Queens of the Stone Age QOTSA Winnipeg 2007 Louis Durand Show Edition   Collectionzz

is this just a winnipeg thing then?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    no, they've been here several other times, all those posters were amazing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I hate to ask this, but it’s been a few years since I’ve seen them

Is QOTSA the kind of band to cancel a show last minute due to low ticket sales?

The Portsmouth VA show has very poor sales, and I have been burned at this venue more than once before with bands cancelling due to low turnout (Smashing pumpkins cough cough)

Definitely trying to go but a little hesitant to buy a ticket at the moment
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options

The Portsmouth VA show has very poor sales, and I have been burned at this venue more than once before with bands cancelling due to low turnout (Smashing pumpkins cough cough)

IDK how much of an indicator it is, I think Portland, ME last August had regular (non-resale) GA tickets available right up until the show. 
  • Options
    seems they like a smaller crowd hence the smaller venue run....

• Options

very poor sales? wow. every show on the canadian leg looked packed. i know winnipeg was full (except for the blocked off upper level)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 160

I saw them in Bangor, Maine in 2014 and there were tonnes of seats left and alot of space left on the floor.  I know they discounted tickets for the Halifax and Moncton shows a week before the shows.  Both venues were very full.  I'd say you're good!  Enjoy the shit out of them...they are soooo good...
  • Options
    edited April 23
    The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died & Eras Vulgaris randomly showed up on Apple Music. FINALLLYYYY
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died & Eras Vulgaris randomly showed up on Apple Music. FINALLLYYYY
    I think he duets with Trent Reznor on Era Vulgaris. Great tune. Fun Machine too. Era Vulgaris is super underrated. I like it more than Lullabies, but I always felt like I was in the minority on that one. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I think he duets with Trent Reznor on Era Vulgaris. Great tune. Fun Machine too. Era Vulgaris is super underrated. I like it more than Lullabies, but I always felt like I was in the minority on that one. 
    I agree with EV > LTP, and I also agree, we seem to be in the minority, at least from what I've seen in the QOTSA subreddit. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I have to agree as EV is the Queens album I go back to the least