Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    At this point I would kill for a headlining show in Boston… last two swings through have been w/ Boston Calling… 2017 is the only time they headlined in MA in going on 11 years. 
  • Options

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834
    Dude these Australia sets are insane. I’m jealous. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    hope they keep that up by the time they get to me April 5. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Between Sessanta and Pearl Jam, I'm about tapped out on vacation time & concert spending this year... but God damn I'm still holding my breath QOTSA adds some more NA dates. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834

Between Sessanta and Pearl Jam, I'm about tapped out on vacation time & concert spending this year... but God damn I'm still holding my breath QOTSA adds some more NA dates. 
    I’m with you on that. One show wasn’t enough for me. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,345
    edited February 28
    Saw them in London last November :smiley: First show ever! :rock_on: Amazing experience! :clap: I've been listening to their music since 2004-05 though. So I'm familiar with all of their discography, and side projects. But I had no idea what to expect when it comes to their live performances. Simply blown away :open_mouth: Got Little Sister and Paper Machete (my favourite off of the last abum), and Josh's crowd surfing! Bought this tee as a souvenir:

Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    Saw them in Toronto in GA and my friend said it was the best band he has ever seen live. I warned him before the show, "These guys are professional musicians."

They are playing some small arenas in Canada in April.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    kaw753 said:
    Saw them in Toronto in GA and my friend said it was the best band he has ever seen live. I warned him before the show, "These guys are professional musicians."

He’s not too far off! The show I attended was way up there on my list, I need to see them again now that I know what they’re like. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    Went with a friend to my second show in November, who was not that much into QOTSA before. After the show she was obviously quite impressed and stated that these guys are "really good musicians". 

As QOTSA is touring in Europe again this summer, I am already planing on seeing some more shows!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    The Australia posters and video snippets I have seen have been so good that I don't want to check the setlists, I might cry lol As someone else said here, one show was not enough. I am so happy they seem to have a blast on this tour.
  • Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 162
    The Australia posters and video snippets I have seen have been so good that I don't want to check the setlists, I might cry lol As someone else said here, one show was not enough. I am so happy they seem to have a blast on this tour.

Their setlists for this tour have been sooooo good.  Seeing them back to back night in April...can't wait.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:

small arenas? my arena is the smallest in the NHL but 13,000 isn't small for a concert. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 858
    I think the show im going to in Oshawa is about 5,000
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    edited February 29
    Saw them Monday night in Brisbane and yes, the setlist was awesome!!!
    I've never seen Josh in such a good mood - it really was an amazing show
    Post edited by redraw on
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    mckay said:

Their setlists for this tour have been sooooo good.  Seeing them back to back night in April...can't wait.

We did the tour opener. It was wonderful but too short, and they didn't really play much from the new album, i think they were getting warmed up and testing waters. I'd do another any day.

@redraw sounds fabulous! I think my favorite was when I saw them for the first time, in 2011 in London for Josh's birthday. They played the entire first album and then all kinds of magic.
  • Options

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,968
    Josh Homme & Friends
    ONE NIGHT ONLY
    March 20th / The Belasco / Los Angeles
    Proceeds benefit The Sweet Stuff Foundation.
    Tickets are on sale Friday, March 8th at 10am!
    May be an image of text that says POTE JOSH HOMME  FRIENDS STUFF A BENEFIT CONCERT IN SUPPORT OF SWEET STUFF FOUNDATION WITH BECK BILL BURR DAVE GROHL MATT HELDERS JESSE HUGHES THE KILLS JOHN MCENROE  PATTY SMYTH TYLER PARKFORD ST VINCENT MICHAEL SHUMAN SARAH SILVERMAN CHAD SMITH TROY VAN LEEUWEN VIVANT JUSTIN WILLMAN WEDNESDAY MARCH 20 2024 THE BELASCO LOS ANGELES CA THESWEETSTUFFORG elp career usician amilies need

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    holy crap. what a lineup. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I would kill to be at that show. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    damn I’d def would do that show but living here in NY I’d prefer if it was a weekend night but still so enticing! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,896
    Josh Homme & Friends
    ONE NIGHT ONLY
    May be an image of text that says POTE JOSH HOMME  FRIENDS STUFF A BENEFIT CONCERT IN SUPPORT OF SWEET STUFF FOUNDATION WITH BECK BILL BURR DAVE GROHL MATT HELDERS JESSE HUGHES THE KILLS JOHN MCENROE  PATTY SMYTH TYLER PARKFORD ST VINCENT MICHAEL SHUMAN SARAH SILVERMAN CHAD SMITH TROY VAN LEEUWEN VIVANT JUSTIN WILLMAN WEDNESDAY MARCH 20 2024 THE BELASCO LOS ANGELES CA THESWEETSTUFFORG elp career usician amilies need

Got my ticket this morning! Can’t wait!
  • Options
    get Troy on bass and you have Troy Crooked Vultures. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    kaw753 said:

small arenas? my arena is the smallest in the NHL but 13,000 isn't small for a concert. 
    I got to see them at the Cap here in NY.  1800 people only.  That was a nice show. Bitchen poster to boot.  Sperry did it.
  • Options
    Josh Homme & Friends
    ONE NIGHT ONLY

Chad Smith is gonna do stuff by himself?
  • Options
    edited March 7
    kaw753 said:

I got to see them at the Cap here in NY.  1800 people only.  That was a nice show. Bitchen poster to boot.  Sperry did it.
    yeah, in the span of 6 months they were here twice and played venues that size (the first one Cage The Elephant opened before anyone knew who they were). awesome shows. one poster was awesome. the other was the most hideous thing I'd ever seen. I did buy it at the time, as I bought all posters of shows I attended. But eventually sold it. 

Queens of The Stone Age - Winnipeg August 26 2007  Queens

Queens of the Stone Age Concert Poster Justin Hampton Winnipeg 2008  eBay
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Josh Homme & Friends
    ONE NIGHT ONLY

Probably just a bunch of musicians f'ing around like so

https://youtu.be/hIxZWynI0ng?si=IJ5krCqo2hmtKZwh
  • Options
    kaw753 said:

2017 I saw them play at Agganis Arena (about 13K) and the next night at the State Theater in Portland (< 1900).

That Portland show was one of the single greatest shows I've seen any band play.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:

yeah, in the span of 6 months they were here twice and played venues that size (the first one Cage The Elephant opened before anyone knew who they were). awesome shows. one poster was awesome. the other was the most hideous thing I'd ever seen. I did buy it at the time, as I bought all posters of shows I attended. But eventually sold it. 

Queens of The Stone Age - Winnipeg August 26 2007  Queens

Queens of the Stone Age Concert Poster Justin Hampton Winnipeg 2008  eBay
    ooof...

We got his banger. I'd love to find a photographer that can actually capture the beauty of a Sperry poster.

Queens of the Stone Age Port Chester 17 Sperry  PosterDropscom
  • Options
    Josh Homme & Friends
    ONE NIGHT ONLY

Probably just a bunch of musicians f'ing around like so

https://youtu.be/hIxZWynI0ng?si=IJ5krCqo2hmtKZwh
    THIS would be fan effing tastic!    Sad to see Taylor full of life and knowing hes gone.  More of this would be pretty damn cool.