Radiohead-in Rainbows

Comments

• thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    When is the offical time you can download the album EST? Midnight?
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    thunderDAN wrote:
    When is the offical time you can download the album EST? Midnight?

They're going by UK time so anytime from 7EST until 3am would be a good guess.
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    i feel really bad because i tried 4 times to order the discbox, but it wouldn't take my credit card. kept saying the 3 digit security code was bad. got my fuckin debit card frozen. i ended up ordering a download for free because i have to hear this album tomorrow!
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • bryanfury wrote:
    i feel really bad because i tried 4 times to order the discbox, but it wouldn't take my credit card. kept saying the 3 digit security code was bad. got my fuckin debit card frozen. i ended up ordering a download for free because i have to hear this album tomorrow!

let me guess, you were using a VISA. I had this exact problem with my visa and when i tried my mastercard it worked perfect, i have now recieved the update saying that i'll be getting the activation code tomorrow morning... so hopefully in a couple hours!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I have the confirmation, just awaiting the download!!

Anyone get theirs yet??
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    leafs4ever wrote:
    let me guess, you were using a VISA. I had this exact problem with my visa and when i tried my mastercard it worked perfect, i have now recieved the update saying that i'll be getting the activation code tomorrow morning... so hopefully in a couple hours!

yup, visa. but i got the dl for free. fuckt it. i feel bad but ill be buying the discbox when i can. with a mastercard.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I haven't gotten an e-mail with the dl code yet. I'll be patient.

atease and MT are overheated, overloaded and of no use to me.

This is no fun, but I'll look forward to hearing the album all the way to the ocean tomorrow.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Deadman wrote:
    New album In Rainbows in Ten Days! This is how things should be done. Music is done... BAM, releasing it quickly. No BS.
    radiohead are critical darlings

sales force not so much
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    ahhhh I'm growing impatient here :D
  • FYI: The album will be out 5 AM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME. So, see you folks in the morning.
    it's out!!! just got the download code!! :D
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    can't wait on this one...this is one of the best bands ever
  • Claudia wrote:
    it's out!!! just got the download code!! :D

OMFG I LOOK LIKE A TOTAL IDIOT! IT IS OUT! DLING NOW!!!!
  • Yessssssss...this is some awesome stuff!!!!
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • Wow...15 STEP is incredible.
    15 step improved a lot!! i'm sooo loving it
  • Okay...where is my code at?
    just awesome.....
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    WOW.

nude is definitely an instant-favorite

15 step and bodysnatchers quite the power duo to open up the album

on Reckoner now
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Opinions on first listen:

Faves: 15 Step, Bodysnatchers, All I Need, Faust Arp, Reckoner(though completely different), & Jigsaw

Not Bad: Nude & Videotape(but they killed the old ending)

Not a Fan: Arpeggi & House Of Cards(but I didn't like the live versions of these either)

So overall, I'd give it an 8.6 out of 10. Better than Hail To The Thief and on par with Amnesiac. It compares to Kid A quite well in my opinion. Oh, and everyone who wanted to hear Radiohead rock out with guitars...with the exception of Bodysnatchers...there aren't too many guitars on this album.

EDIT: Let me clarify, there are guitars, but not of the distorted, rockin' THE BENDS variety.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    wow @ reckoner

that was tasty
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
    my faves: bodysnatchers, weird fishes, all i need, reckoner, jigsaw
  • It's all about Jigsaw baby!

A more organic sound + Thom singing in a lower tone = Heaven!
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    nice to see all the RADIOHEAD appreciation on here
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    ownd OWND ownDDDD so cleann omggggg dyinggg
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    It fits into the nice gap between the first 3 albums and the last 3 albums, love it.

Bodysnatchers is my fav at the mo, but that's probably because it's the catchiest on the album, need time for it all to sink in.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Executed perfectly! Downloaded the entire album in 3 minutes.

Imagine if Basecamp was in charge!?
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Opinions on first listen:

Faves: 15 Step, Bodysnatchers, All I Need, Faust Arp, Reckoner(though completely different), & Jigsaw

Not Bad: Nude & Videotape(but they killed the old ending)

Not a Fan: Arpeggi & House Of Cards(but I didn't like the live versions of these either)

So overall, I'd give it an 8.6 out of 10. Better than Hail To The Thief and on par with Amnesiac. It compares to Kid A quite well in my opinion. Oh, and everyone who wanted to hear Radiohead rock out with guitars...with the exception of Bodysnatchers...there aren't too many guitars on this album.

EDIT: Let me clarify, there are guitars, but not of the distorted, rockin' THE BENDS variety.

thanks for the review i'll have to wait until i get home to listen to it. A long full work day ahead before that happens.

That said the lack of guitars really disapoints me. I guess by now i should not expect the band to ever do that again.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • VortexVortex Posts: 8,772
    So far (listening to Reckoner at this moment), simply beautiful.
    If you follow every dream
    You might get lost