Radiohead-in Rainbows

Comments

• Mine too, awaiting a reply from the site of what to do as I can't use the link in my email again because the code has already been used.
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    I just started mine again. It's at 60
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I downloaded it but the file was corrupt so i've had to send an email requesting another link. Don't know how long that will be tho.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    mole1985 wrote:
    I downloaded it but the file was corrupt so i've had to send an email requesting another link. Don't know how long that will be tho.
    Damn it. I have not been able to get mine i hope i don't run into these issues. It was bad enough it would not take my Visa card. Telling me the code was invalid :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    fantastic... so the wankers once again take a great live guitar track and turn it into some shitty wannabe techno tune for the album?
    nah it's not techno at all, just more mellow. still guitars
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Trailer wrote:
    Wow... it's kind of like if you combined Kid A with OK Computer!!
    as I described it to a friend earlier -

Imagine if OK Computer got raped in the face by Kid A
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Most boring Radiohead album ever. Hail to the Thief shits all over it.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    It's like Thom Yorke's solo album, but with Greenwood doing things in the background. I don't think it really compares much to any previous albums, it has a hint of individual songs in there (especially Drunk Punch Up At A Wedding and Idioteque) but not enough like any particular album for a comparison.

I'd say it's the best they've done since OK Computer. Not quite as out there as Kid A and Amnesiac, but that might be just because we're used to the style now and it wasn't a total surprise. Love how this album is more acousticy, but Bodysnatchers now seems a bit of an odd one out.

Will be interesting to see how the new gigs go. It seems more of an introspective music you play in the background than songs to bounce about to.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Another great album by this brilliant artists
  • I gotta say, I thought Thom mumbled on the live versions of these songs, or sang out of key, but the man can still fucking sing. 'Nude' and 'All I Need' are two of the most beautiful songs they have recorded, and Thom sounds great on em.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • I can't wait for the bonus disc now. I think that it will be a very good companion piece to this album. From the live versions, the bonus disc will have more of the guitar songs.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I can't wait for the bonus disc now. I think that it will be a very good companion piece to this album. From the live versions, the bonus disc will have more of the guitar songs.

I agree. 4 Minute Warning might be the answer to the Bends FPT, High and Dry, and Bulletproof crowd.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    4 minute warning was one of my favs live, can't wait for the studio version
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Anyone know what the deal is with the bonus tracks listed by Rolling Stone? Vedderman? Are those the b-sides that will be disk two for the box set?

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/16654550/radioheads_in_rainbows_trackbytrack_preview/11

It lists tracks 11-18.

11-MK 1
    12-Down Is the New Up
    13-Go Slowly
    14-MK 2
    15-Last Flowers
    16-Up on the Ladder
    17-Bangers and Mash
    18-4 Minute Warning

Are these currently available anywhere else besides youtube?

Thanks.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Anyone know what the deal is with the bonus tracks listed by Rolling Stone? Vedderman? Are those the b-sides that will be disk two for the box set?

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/16654550/radioheads_in_rainbows_trackbytrack_preview/11

It lists tracks 11-18.

11-MK 1
    12-Down Is the New Up
    13-Go Slowly
    14-MK 2
    15-Last Flowers
    16-Up on the Ladder
    17-Bangers and Mash
    18-4 Minute Warning

Thanks.

Yes those are the bonus tracks. No they are not avaible anywhere else besides youtube and perhaps live versions on file sharing networks, but not the actual album tracks.

They won't come out until The cd is sent out physically or it leaks.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

'It's just a little piss pool'

:D
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Anyone know what the deal is with the bonus tracks listed by Rolling Stone? Vedderman? Are those the b-sides that will be disk two for the box set?

It lists tracks 11-18.

11-MK 1
    12-Down Is the New Up
    13-Go Slowly
    14-MK 2
    15-Last Flowers
    16-Up on the Ladder
    17-Bangers and Mash
    18-4 Minute Warning

Thanks.

I wouldn't expect to hear these until people start getting their discboxes in the mail. Who knows when that will be.
  • wrappedwrapped Posts: 12
    I wouldn't expect to hear these until people start getting their discboxes in the mail. Who knows when that will be.

They'll be shipped out december 3rd. So shortly after that, I assume.
  • wrapped wrote:
    They'll be shipped out december 3rd. So shortly after that, I assume.

When you ordered the Disc Box, it said they will be shipped "On or Before December 3."

So it could be anytime between now and Dec. 3, but I'm banking closer to the date.
  • Has anyone heard anything about a tour? I'm dying to see them in concert.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I don't have a cell phone and they would not let me complete the order :rolleyes:

I gave them my landline filled in the mobile line.
    I don't really care... I'm downloading :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • meme wrote:
    I don't have a cell phone and they would not let me complete the order :rolleyes:

I gave them my landline filled in the mobile line.
    I don't really care... I'm downloading :)

I just gave a bogus phone # and everything worked out fine for me. Listening to the album (again) now. I won't give out my cell phone number.
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    Gothamist: What's motivating the band to distribute the album this way?

Jonny Greenwood: Just getting it out quickly. It was kind of an experiment as well; we were just doing it for ourselves and that was all. People are making a big thing about it being against the industry or trying to change things for people but it's really not what motivated us to do it. It's more about feeling like it was right for us and feeling bored of what we were doing before.

Gothamist: Why give people the option to pay whatever they want?

Greenwood: It's just interesting to make people pause for even a few seconds and think about what music is worth now. I thought it was an interesting thing to ask people to do and compare it to whatever else in their lives they value or don't value.

Gothamist: Have you gotten any figures of how much people are choosing to pay?

Greenwood: No we get the numbers tomorrow supposedly. Yeah, I don't know. The more exciting thing for me is just hearing it on the radio today and knowing it's landed on everybody's desk at the same time. That's what's exciting. But yeah, I'm sure our manager will have some idea soon.

Gothamist: How did the process of making In Rainbows differ from Hail to the Thief?

Greenwood: It was more like earlier Kid A stuff, more based in studio experiments and trying out ideas and spending quite a long time. That's what we did with Kid A and Amnesiac.

Gothamist: What song on the album proved most difficult to finish?

Greenwood: Even ones that we finished quickly we spent a long time deciding if they were good enough. None of them were easy, actually. "Reckoner" kind of came together quickly.
  • Finally had a chance to listen to it and I'm lovin' it! What a great album, yet again! These guys have yet to disappoint me!
  • Yeah so...Faust Arp my be one of the best Radiohead songs ever. It's so Beatles-esque, but with that Thom Yorke/Johnny Greenwood spin that make it sound fresh. I absolutely love it.

And with every listen, I'm loving In Rainbows even more. This is a really fantastic album.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    Radiohead new album: chart position unknown

Band refuse to reveal sales to authorities :D

Radiohead's new album 'In Rainbows' will not make the Top 40 chart on Sunday (October 14).

The band are refusing to say how many people have ordered the album or what they paid for it.

The band's website does not report sales to chart compilers so will be illegible for the chart.

The uniqueness of the album's availability has already put its chart eligibility in doubt, reports BBC News.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/31709
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i listened to it all last night and just kept thinking "man this is mixed so shitty... i can barely hear Thom's voice, it sounds echoey.." if thats a word... and i listened to it all.. i was gutted and thought it was shit...

so i stuck on something else to listen to, moved my leg and it touched the headphone cable and the sound came back properly... i hadnt put the bloody headphones in right!!!! :D

so, i went back and re-listened to In Rainbows... much much much better :):D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    dunkman wrote:
    i listened to it all last night and just kept thinking "man this is mixed so shitty... i can barely hear Thom's voice, it sounds echoey.." if thats a word... and i listened to it all.. i was gutted and thought it was shit...

so i stuck on something else to listen to, moved my leg and it touched the headphone cable and the sound came back properly... i hadnt put the bloody headphones in right!!!! :D

LoL :D
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
    dunkman wrote:

haha that's hilarious. I regularly do that but I tend to realise before the end of the first song, not the whole album :D
  • Deadman wrote:
    I can't get on to this or Radiohead.co.ik or radiohead.com. It tries to go there but won't ever load. wtf, the rest of the internet is working fine.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown