Radiohead-in Rainbows

DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
edited October 2007 in Other Music
New album In Rainbows in Ten Days! This is how things should be done. Music is done... BAM, releasing it quickly. No BS.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Huh?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    DOSW wrote:
    Huh?

New album.
  • New album in ten days? Or they're going to explain things in ten days, or are you just a pretentious fuck that doesn't explain anything because you like to feel better about yourself by knowing things (or pretending to know things) that people don't know and then coming on here to not explain them, just state something that doesn't make sense?

Haha, no, but really... do you know something we don't? Don't fuck around when it comes to Radiohead news.
    If I could, think I would give in.
    New album in ten days? Or they're going to explain things in ten days, or are you just a pretentious fuck that doesn't explain anything because you like to feel better about yourself by knowing things (or pretending to know things) that people don't know and then coming on here to not explain them, just state something that doesn't make sense?

Haha, no, but really... do you know something we don't? Don't fuck around when it comes to Radiohead news.

Go to their site. It appears true.

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

http://www.inrainbows.com/Store/index.html
  • You're right... I started investigating after you said something. Holy shit... did you try the "preorder by download"? It says you pick your own price... I'm so confused! I want the album, and I want to get it by download just to have it... but am I being scammed? I'm confused!
    I have not ordered yet, but I will be.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    bad ass
  • Getting download... WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I effing love this band.
  • It's all happening ... and I've surrendered and pre-ordered the whole damn thing.

This is very exciting stuff.

:)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Wow, pretty much the wave of the future here.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • I ordered my download of it. How much did everyone put in for it? I put 10 pounds which is basically $20 correct?

I am so fucking pumped right now.
  • Thank you so fucking much deadman. You're amazing!
  • I can't wait.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • I ordered my download of it. How much did everyone put in for it? I put 10 pounds which is basically $20 correct?

I am so fucking pumped right now.

I gave them 5 pounds (~$10) for the album.

What a fucking sweet deal. I love Radiohead and these new songs are all amazing!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • I paid zero dollars because I will buy the album anyway.
  • So I bought the download and the discbox...and here's why

CD 1: (digital download and discbox)

15 STEP
    BODYSNATCHERS
    NUDE
    WEIRD FISHES/ARPEGGI
    ALL I NEED
    FAUST ARP
    RECKONER
    HOUSE OF CARDS
    JIGSAW FALLING INTO PLACE (also known as Open Pick)
    VIDEOTAPE

CD 2: (discbox only)

MK 1
    DOWN IS THE NEW UP
    GO SLOWLY
    MK 2
    LAST FLOWERS
    UP ON THE LADDER
    BANGERS AND MASH
    4 MINUTE WARNING
  • So I bought the download and the discbox...and here's why

CD 1: (digital download and discbox)

15 STEP
    BODYSNATCHERS
    NUDE
    WEIRD FISHES/ARPEGGI
    ALL I NEED
    FAUST ARP
    RECKONER
    HOUSE OF CARDS
    JIGSAW FALLING INTO PLACE (also known as Open Pick)
    VIDEOTAPE

CD 2: (discbox only)

MK 1
    DOWN IS THE NEW UP
    GO SLOWLY
    MK 2
    LAST FLOWERS
    UP ON THE LADDER
    BANGERS AND MASH
    4 MINUTE WARNING

That's cool but don't think it's worth $80.
  • Jammin909 wrote:

You get 2 LP's, a book, and a bunch of extra shit in addition to the 2 CD's.
  • Jammin909 wrote:

You get the 2 cd's the vinyl, a hardcover booket, and a bunch of other goodies with the disc box.
  • Couldn't resist and just ordered the download for 0 pounds. Is this some kind of joke?
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Couldn't resist and just ordered the download for 0 pounds. Is this some kind of joke?

Nope. Just genius.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • i hope this will be released in stores at some point. i really want to have a copy of it on CD as well, but i don't want to pay 80 bucks for the discbox. if i had the extra cash, i would, because i would love to have everything in there. i just don't have the cash at the moment.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    can anybody explain this shit in moron language? their website is in fucking spanish, you get to pick your price, but only get a download, there are 2-discs only zero discs cos it's downloaded, you can only get the second disc in a discbox, what the fuck is a discbox, and... i think that about covers it. what the fuck?
  • can anybody explain this shit in moron language? their website is in fucking spanish, you get to pick your price, but only get a download, there are 2-discs only zero discs cos it's downloaded, you can only get the second disc in a discbox, what the fuck is a discbox, and... i think that about covers it. what the fuck?

There are two options at the moment:

- Free Digital download of the first half of the album (released Oct. 10)

- 40 pounds/80 dollars for a box set: 2-CD's, 2-LP's, hardcover book, etc... (released Dec. 10)
    I believe the album is technically one disc... disc two being a bonus disc of new unreleased music though.
  • You are correct, sir.
  • I love how they had everyone in the mainstream media thinking that they were releasing it around March. They really pulled one off.
  • holy shit i paid 25 cents YEAH!!!

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?

at least i didn't steal it!!!

WELL...hahhahhaha
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • i paid $6.66 US. this is my first radiohead purchase since pablo honey back in whenever it was that it came out.

Would you expect your favorite football/artist/comedian to perform for free?

They put time/effort into this album and believe you should show some respect, esp when they are cool enough to allow you to name a price.

(not that i really give a shit)