Radiohead-in Rainbows

Comments

• dunkman wrote:
    there is no price...

you can pre-order the download code and you pre-pay for it right there and then... i.e.

go to http://www.inrainbows.com
    click on digital pre-order
    pay 1 cent or $5 or $10
    receive email saying everythings finey-doo
    on October 10th use your new shiny passcode to go back onto the site and download the whole new album in its entirety

Except the 2nd disc....only available w/ discbox.
  • Except the 2nd disc....only available w/ discbox.

correct, but that's a bonus disc anyways. the album itself, "in rainbows," is available in its entirety from the download next week.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Except the 2nd disc....only available w/ discbox.

he was obviously asking about the freaking album man!!! he was asking about the download only version of the album... i thought that was clearly obvious
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • radiohead is the only band other than pearl jam that can get me this excited over a new studio album. The discbox is going to be well worth the £40 charge on the ol debit card. (Had to get out a currency converter for that one too).
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    ok now, what does the album sound like? do they play guitar anymore?
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    ok now, what does the album sound like? do they play guitar anymore?

I think you will be pleased man. There's a lot of guitar in the live versions of the songs, and he piano driven songs aren't Kid A piano-ish but really beautifully arranged. I'm thinking this could be a pretty mellow album for Radiohead.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    While I agree that RH runs the risk of people choosing to pay $0.00 for the cd, however, if too many people take advantage of the bands generosity, it may deter RH from doing the same thing next time.

Pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered!
    :)
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    just pre-ordered the box!!!! :D:D:D

i freakin pumped for this, it's gonna be a nice wee surprise come xmas!! :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    when i'm at the pearly gates, this'll be on my videotape
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • ok now, what does the album sound like? do they play guitar anymore?
    They played most of the songs throughout last year's tour, they're very good. Plenty of good rockin.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
    ah fuck it, i'll do it. im paying cheap though. if i like it, i'll buy the cd later anyway.

fuck me... how the hell many dollars are in a pound?
  • ah fuck it, i'll do it. im paying cheap though. if i like it, i'll buy the cd later anyway.

fuck me... how the hell many dollars are in a pound?

It's around 2 dollars to 1 pound. I paid a pound, plus the 45 pence internet charge, and the total on my credit card was $2.96.

I'll probably wind up buying the CD when it comes out, but there was no way my wife was gonna give me a pass to shell out $80 for the discbox.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Just bought the discbox. I can't wait.

:)
  • I'm pretty sure they won't get poor off of the download... I mean, look at the boxset price... people will pay for that, hell, I'm thinking of getting it for my brother for Christmas... that'd be a pretty rad gift.

Also... the tours are where the money's at... and they know they will have sold out shows, haha.
    If I could, think I would give in.

15 Step = electronic beats w/ classic-RH-style finger-picked guitars
    Bodysnatchers = a very dark rocker w/ lots of guitar
    Nude = a very pretty song with strings
    Arpeggi = hypnotic song with arpeggiated gutiar parts (hence the title)
    All I Need = slow song with chiming keyboards and intense finale
    Reckoner = heavy rocker with a mean guitar riff
    House Of Cards = mellow guitar-based song with a steady beat
    Jigsaw Falling Into Place = guitar-based rocker with eerie synth lines a'la National Anthem
    Videotape = gorgeous & hypnotic piano-based tune a'la Pyramid Song

Most of the songs are guitar-based. The only song that would qualify as "electronic" is "15 Step" and even that has some guitars.

Nobody knows what "Faust Arp" is or what it sounds like.
    umm ya there will be guitars on this album, check out bodysnatchers (probably the 1st single), reckoner is also pretty heavy guitar.
    here's a pretty cool page by rollingstone that previews each song on the new album, including the bonus cd that comes with the discbox.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/16654550/radioheads_in_rainbows_trackbytrack_preview
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • got the box today, cant wait for the new album.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm glad its back to some more guitary stuff for them... i love some of the tunes from the last album.. esp 2+2=5..
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    leafs4ever wrote:
    umm ya there will be guitars on this album, check out bodysnatchers (probably the 1st single), reckoner is also pretty heavy guitar.
    here's a pretty cool page by rollingstone that previews each song on the new album, including the bonus cd that comes with the discbox.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/16654550/radioheads_in_rainbows_trackbytrack_preview

I love that news.
  • robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    lastexit wrote:
    This forum is so censored it's laughable.
    It's not laughable, it's Sad :(
    JWBusher wrote:
    15 Step = electronic beats w/ classic-RH-style finger-picked guitars
    Bodysnatchers = a very dark rocker w/ lots of guitar
    Nude = a very pretty song with strings
    Arpeggi = hypnotic song with arpeggiated gutiar parts (hence the title)
    All I Need = slow song with chiming keyboards and intense finale
    Reckoner = heavy rocker with a mean guitar riff
    House Of Cards = mellow guitar-based song with a steady beat
    Jigsaw Falling Into Place = guitar-based rocker with eerie synth lines a'la National Anthem
    Videotape = gorgeous & hypnotic piano-based tune a'la Pyramid Song

Most of the songs are guitar-based. The only song that would qualify as "electronic" is "15 Step" and even that has some guitars.

Nobody knows what "Faust Arp" is or what it sounds like.

are you basing this off live versions you've heard? cos i understand even the amnesiac material is listenable when they play it live ;) they seem to get their jollies making good songs sound like shit on albums. maybe they do it on purpose so that people who go to the show are all the more impressed ;)
  • are you basing this off live versions you've heard? cos i understand even the amnesiac material is listenable when they play it live ;) they seem to get their jollies making good songs sound like shit on albums. maybe they do it on purpose so that people who go to the show are all the more impressed ;)

Um...with the exception of "Like Spinning Plates," everything off Amnesiac played live was exactly how it was on the album.
    Um...with the exception of "Like Spinning Plates," everything off Amnesiac played live was exactly how it was on the album.

then how come every time i say amnesiac sucks people tell me to listen to live versions of the songs?
  • then how come every time i say amnesiac sucks people tell me to listen to live versions of the songs?

I don't know. Ask them. I'm just telling you the facts.
    I don't know. Ask them. I'm just telling you the facts.

i may have just outgrown them. i'm listening to the rollingstone preview and i realized part of the problem is i can't stand thom's vocals. i've heard sigur ros songs with more distinct lyrics... and they make up their damn words!
    The band has thrown the word around of "lush" to describe In Raibows...and that makes my pants tight.
  • are you basing this off live versions you've heard? cos i understand even the amnesiac material is listenable when they play it live ;) they seem to get their jollies making good songs sound like shit on albums.

Hail To The Thief came out awesome, just like the live versions they played before the album came out. I'm sure this album will be the same. Besides, they posted 10 second samples of a couple songs and they sounded pretty much like the live versions.
    JWBusher wrote:
    Hail To The Thief came out awesome, just like the live versions they played before the album came out. I'm sure this album will be the same. Besides, they posted 10 second samples of a couple songs and they sounded pretty much like the live versions.

i went through the rolling stone preview. i'll give it a shot. it sounds better than hail to the thief did... got better dynamics and more distinct and memorable songs.
    i went through the rolling stone preview. i'll give it a shot. it sounds better than hail to the thief did... got better dynamics and more distinct and memorable songs.

What'd you think of Videotape soulsinging?
    What'd you think of Videotape soulsinging?

it sounded alright. i wasn't listening to any of them very closely becos i didn't want to spoil the album. it sounded pretty good, though i don't think i caught the end. i like radiohead best when they are rocking or jamming out... like the end of paranoid android or fake plastic trees. i'm not so keen on low key radiohead, though i got a sense videotape was building to that. i'll post my review on tues or something :)