Radiohead-in Rainbows

Comments

• i went through the rolling stone preview. i'll give it a shot. it sounds better than hail to the thief did... got better dynamics and more distinct and memorable songs.

Well if you like the preview I'm sure you'll like the album because some of those youtube vids have pretty unflattering sound.

The amazing thing to me is that *all* of the new songs made the album and bonus disc, in addition to some leftovers from previous albums. There won't be too many leftover songs after this. In fact there are only 3 songs left that I can think of...Lift, Big Boots and Follow Me Around. All 3 of those songs are excellent so one can only hope that they show up on an outtakes/rarities CD some day.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    JWBusher wrote:
    Well if you like the preview I'm sure you'll like the album because some of those youtube vids have pretty unflattering sound.

The amazing thing to me is that *all* of the new songs made the album and bonus disc, in addition to some leftovers from previous albums. There won't be too many leftover songs after this. In fact there are only 3 songs left that I can think of...Lift, Big Boots and Follow Me Around. All 3 of those songs are excellent so one can only hope that they show up on an outtakes/rarities CD some day.

Don't forget Morning M'Lord and Spooks...
  • Gosh darnit you're right! I forgot about "Spooks". Although it's possible that it may turn out to be one of the unknown songs. "Jigsaw" was called "Open Pick" last year, and at first I thought they had ditched it. :(
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    My daughter has a spot on a college radio station and asked me for some "LP7" live stuff because someone else was playing it this week and since she's been raised to be a proper Radiohead (and Pearl Jam) fan, it would be wrong not to include some on her show tonight. I rushed a CD to her, which I ended with Spooks, because I'm sure one of those unfamiliar titles has to be that. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • alpittalpitt Posts: 91
    Does anyone know if this will be released at midnight on Tues. or sometime Wed.? Trying to plan a little listening get-together and wanna hear it as soon as we can.
    "I'm an ideas man Michael, I think I proved that with F*ck Mountain" -GOB
  • I'd make a bet that it'd be Tuesday at midnight (AKA Wednesday).
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • remember that radiohead is in the uk, so they will probably be releasing the album around midnight Tuesday, UK time. I think that's 5 hours ahead of EST so, i'm gunna be checking around 7-8pm tuesday. I could be wrong though
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • Ahhh, yes, fine call.
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I initially ordered just the download (paid $10 US) for it (equivalent to the 9.99 for an album on iTunes) because I didn't want to pay $81 for the "disc box" which I thought was just the physical CD and nothing else. I figured they were charging a huge amount to offset all the people that would be putting 0.00 as their donation.

Then, I read the description for the "disc box" and it includes a ton of stuff: the downloadable songs, 2 heavy weight vinyl set (I am a sucker for heavy weight vinyl), book, slip case, 2 CD set w/bonus tracks, artwork/photos. On top of that, shipping is included in the price which alone would be around $15 U.S. normally. Damn, should've read the descriptions for both before hand.

I'll give the mp3s I paid for to my brother-in-law and give him a "guilt free" set of the songs.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Claudia wrote:
    Where did this site come from?

Like is it a fan thing or is it an official page?
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
    Where did this site come from?

Like is it a fan thing or is it an official page?

No one really seems to know. My guess is that it's a fan page.
    12 hours and counting (I hope)....
    I love the anticipation.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    have you guys had your second email telling you your download code and stuff?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Not yet.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
    No second e-mail here either. I did see where it will be a 160kbs download. Sounds good enough for me for the next 2 months until my disc box comes in.
    i just re-checked the inrainbows site and it says 2nd one will be sent out on or near the 10th... so it might not arrive till on the day. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Just got an update from W.A.S.T.E. (please excuse the caps, I don't feel like retyping the whole thing,)

THANK YOU FOR ORDERING IN RAINBOWS. THIS IS AN UPDATE.

YOUR UNIQUE ACTIVATION CODE(S) WILL BE SENT OUT TOMORROW MORNING (UK TIME). THIS WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE DOWNLOAD AREA.

HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD:

THE ALBUM WILL COME AS A 48.4MB ZIP FILE CONTAINING 10 X 160KBPS DRM
    FREE MP3s.

MOST COMPUTERS NOW HAVE ZIP SOFTWARE AS PART OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM; IF YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT, YOU NEED TO GET WINZIP OR ZIPIT INSTALLED PRIOR.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM HERE:

PC: http://www.winzip.com/
    MAC: http://www.maczipit.com/

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING YOUR FILE, PLEASE CONTACT OUR DOWNLOAD CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AT
    downloadinrainbows@waste.uk.com
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
    Just got an update from W.A.S.T.E. (please excuse the caps, I don't feel like retyping the whole thing,)

YOUR UNIQUE ACTIVATION CODE(S) WILL BE SENT OUT TOMORROW MORNING (UK TIME). THIS WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE DOWNLOAD AREA.

FREE MP3s.

MOST COMPUTERS NOW HAVE ZIP SOFTWARE AS PART OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM; IF YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT, YOU NEED TO GET WINZIP OR ZIPIT INSTALLED PRIOR.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING YOUR FILE, PLEASE CONTACT OUR DOWNLOAD CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AT

I was just on my way to post this. Tomorrow morning UK time? hmmmm. How far ahead of EST is that?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I was just on my way to post this. Tomorrow morning UK time? hmmmm. How far ahead of EST is that?

To help you work it out it is 15.22 here at the moment ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    To help you work it out it is 15.22 here at the moment ;)

So, that puts you about 5 hours ahead of me here in the CST. I'm really hoping that they put it out at midnight in the UK
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    i think NME said it'd come out about 5 am US time in comparison to the GMT (i think 10 AM?)

I was really hoping to hear it tonight.
    Claudia wrote:
    i think NME said it'd come out about 5 am US time in comparison to the GMT (i think 10 AM?)

I was really hoping to hear it tonight.

Same here. Then again, what really does anyone besides the band know as to when they are going to release it. Radiohead is no fan of NME so I don't think they talked to them.
  • Just got an update from W.A.S.T.E. (please excuse the caps, I don't feel like retyping the whole thing,)

FREE MP3s.

Has anybody else NOT received this update?
    Has anybody else NOT received this update?

yes.. i havent
  • RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    I'm not a big fan of 160 cbr, but I won't complain too much since I love how Radiohead is releasing this.

I'd just love to see a V0 copy.

edit, this should be 5am EST.
    Redlegs wrote:
    I'm not a big fan of 160 cbr, but I won't complain too much since I love how Radiohead is releasing this.

I'd just love to see a V0 copy.

edit, this should be 5am EST.

It will be a nice teaser until the discbox arrives.
  • If anyone needs the album when it comes out later on, just PM me... I'll send it.
  • i haven't recieved the update yet and i ordered the discbox. I'm expecting the e-mail with the activation code to come around 2am EST.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06