Radiohead-in Rainbows

Comments

• NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Best decision by a band ever.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    Well, you have to wait until December for the EP, the album is next week. That seems fair to me.

So what's everyones favorite of the new songs (live versions)? I'm leaning towards 15 Step, All I need, or Videotape.

four minute warning!!! bodysnatchers and house of cards

:)
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    How long until you guys received confirmations? I place my order this morning and still none. Maybe I'm getting ancy. (Explicit) I want this album!
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    btb002 wrote:
    How long until you guys received confirmations? I place my order this morning and still none. Maybe I'm getting ancy. (Explicit) I want this album!
    I got mine in about 2 minutes.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    this is coming out via regular album release sometime early next year...or at least that is what their PR firm (nasty little man) has put out.

i'm going to pre-order the disc-box, get my free DL, probably keep the double-cd when i get the disc-box and ebay the rest...
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    JSBE wrote:
    this is coming out via regular album release sometime early next year...or at least that is what their PR firm (nasty little man) has put out.

i'm going to pre-order the disc-box, get my free DL, probably keep the double-cd when i get the disc-box and ebay the rest...

One does what one has to do. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Had my brother (who's a fan too) split the cost for the box set, since 80 bucks is a bit steep (damn U.S. dollar being shitty!) Looks like the package is top notch though, and I'm glad there's no shipping on it. Still awaiting my confirmation e-mail.........I wonder if my spam filter blocked it from coming to my e-mail.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • When I'm at the pearly gates
    This will be on my videotape, my videotape
    Mephistopheles is just beneath
    and he's reaching up to grab me

This is one for the good days
    and i have it all here
    In red, blue, green
    Red, blue, green

You are my center
    When i spin away
    Out of control on videotape
    On videotape
    On videotape
    On videotape

This is my way of saying goodbye
    Because I can't do it face to face
    I'm talking to you after it's too late
    From my videotape

No matter what happens now
    I won't be afraid
    Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen.
    Can't Touch the Bottom:
    10-20-01/ 10-21-01/ 2-26-02/ 12-6-02/ 12-8-02/ 12-9-02/ 6-1-03/ 6-2-03/ 6-3-03/ 6-5-03/ 6-6-03/ 10-25-03/ 10-26-03/ 10-28-03/ 9-1-05/ 9-2-05/ 7-13-06/ 7-15-06/ 7-16-06/ 7-18-06/ 7-20-06/ 7-22-06/ 7-23-06
    This is kind of an aside, but if you can actually get atease to load, the banner/advertisement at the top is for Eddie's Into The Wild. Pretty cool.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    this is just awesome news. when i heard it was done, but that they didn't know what to do with it, i was thinking it would be next year before this was out.

this album will be abit of a tease though, as i'm stoked for a studio version of 4 minute warning!!!!!
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
    Here's the word on the regular-CD release early next year:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/46028-radiohead-album-coming-out-as-regular-cd-too

~ I'm still glad I'm getting the discbox, though. :) ~
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Well, I went and pre-ordered the discbox, as I am old and therefore do not favour digital downloads unless theypre all I can get. ;) I like the addition of book and vinyl too, because it reminds me of what the world was like when I was not old. And as I am impatient as well as old, I can't be arsed to wait for the "standard" release next year.

I think this be something of a velvet revolution in tems of kicking out the middle men, leeches and vampires that infest the music business. Good old Radiohead... shame PJ and CC don't do likewise!!!!
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762

I think this be something of a velvet revolution in tems of kicking out the middle men, leeches and vampires that infest the music business. Good old Radiohead... shame PJ and CC don't do likewise!!!!

true that, true that.

this very fact will actually inspire me to re-visit "good old Radiohead" quite vigorously

starting today
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I pre-ordered my download version last night - over 12 hours ago - and have yet to recieve a confirmation e-mail......anyone else in the same boat????
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Todd76 wrote:
    I pre-ordered my download version last night - over 12 hours ago - and have yet to recieve a confirmation e-mail......anyone else in the same boat????
    There was a heap of trouble with the server for a long period last night so I'd say there are plenty more in the same boat.

I ordered the discbox and received a confirmation email for that.
    But I haven't got anything about the download yet.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i wonder how much that discbox would go fo on ebay? i don't care for vinyl but i don't like digital downloads either.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Todd76 wrote:

I received mine although it was blank. Typical Radiohead cryptic fashion. Does anyone else feel like they're hallucinating when they visit their website?!
    gabers wrote:
    I received mine although it was blank. Typical Radiohead cryptic fashion. Does anyone else feel like they're hallucinating when they visit their website?!

no, you're not hallucinating. that's just thom yorke's ego deleting everything around him of all connection to reality.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    this is an awesome idea
    they are certainly not the first to offer a direct sale, but letting the people decide how much to pay is a brilliant idea.

kudos to RH
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Well i paid £2.45 for the album (including the service charge).
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • from the LA Times
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-et-radiohead2oct02,0,1634979.story?coll=la-home-business

Another high-profile manager said he was still trying to process the boldness of the Radiohead venture. “My head is spinning, honestly,” said Kelly Curtis, who represents Seattle-based Pearl Jam. “It’s very cool and very inspiring, really.”.....

.....Curtis, the Pearl Jam manager, said that years on a major label roster established the Radiohead brand and made it possible for it to buck the system.

"It's the newer bands I really feel sorry for," Curtis said.

Pearl Jam and other groups with intense followings, such as the Dave Matthews Band, R.E.M., Metallica and Nine Inch Nails, will probably learn the most from Radiohead's experience, Curtis said. "Everyone will keep an eye on this because this is the most exciting thing we've seen to this point."
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    no, you're not hallucinating. that's just thom yorke's ego deleting everything around him of all connection to reality.

Get over yourself. You don't know him and never will. But if it makes you feel better to bash someone who clearly has more creativity than you, so be it I guess...
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:
    Get over yourself. You don't know him and never will. But if it makes you feel better to bash someone who clearly has more creativity than you, so be it I guess...

who said it was a bad thing? the guy has a huge ego. nothing wrong with that. he has the chops to back it up for the most part. i also love axl rose, liam gallagher, and kanye west... you can't be a rock star and not have a healthy ego.
  • When I first saw this my heart sank, one of my top 5 fav band about to release their new album on download only.

Before I got to the site I thought it would be CD only in the boxset. I needn't have worried just like PJ RH look after their vinyl fans.

This set is a little pricey but 2 heavy vinyl 12" pressings is enough to soften the blow to my wallet.

Anyone who got Hail on vinyl will remember what a superb package that was, it was on 45 speed and sounded awesome.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    Todd76 wrote:

i am in the same boat. if i don't get an email on the 10th or at the lastest the 11th i'll send an email with my confirm # to see if i need to re-order or not.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    from the LA Times
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-et-radiohead2oct02,0,1634979.story?coll=la-home-business

.....Curtis, the Pearl Jam manager, said that years on a major label roster established the Radiohead brand and made it possible for it to buck the system.

"It's the newer bands I really feel sorry for," Curtis said.
    I am sure it is cool for a band to give their old label the big F- you however please don't forget a major reason how you got into your position.

that said, awesome idea. I will pay $5.00.

thanks for posting that article.
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I'm curious...to the people that are saying "$1.00" or "$5.00", do mean per downloaded song? Or for the entire album?
  • I'm curious...to the people that are saying "$1.00" or "$5.00", do mean per downloaded song? Or for the entire album?

The entire album. You can't buy it per track.
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    I gave them 5 pounds (~$10) for the album.

What a fucking sweet deal. I love Radiohead and these new songs are all amazing!

That's what I paid also :)