Drive By Truckers - A Blessing and a Curse

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Zoso wrote:
    I need to get into this band... how many albums have they put out?
    Gangsta' Billy
    Pizza Deliverence
    Alabama Ass Whuppin' (Live)
    Southern Rock Opera (2 disc)
    Decoration Day
    The Dirty South
    A Blessing and a Curse

Live at the 40 Watt (dvd)

The last four albums are far superior to the first three. The dvd was filmed right after the release of The Dirty South. My favorite probably is "The Dirty South."
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Pattersons got a solo album out too, Killers & Stars
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Ed Burns cites Goddamn Lonely Love on his celebrity iTunes playlist.

He comments: "This song will blow you away. I just used it in an upcoming movie, Purple Violets. And get their new record, Decoration Day".

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    Ed Burns cites Goddamn Lonely Love on his celebrity iTunes playlist.

He comments: "This song will blow you away. I just used it in an upcoming movie, Purple Violets. And get their new record, Decoration Day".

PBM
    Their new record "Decoration Day"????? Great to see ya, PBM. How are things?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Their new record "Decoration Day"????? Great to see ya, PBM. How are things?

Yeah...you have to give him an A for the effort though. ;)

Things are good...been busy...hopefully, everything will slow down.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Yeah...you have to give him an A for the effort though. ;)

Things are good...been busy...hopefully, everything will slow down.

PBM
    Good to hear.......hope that the PBW is doing fine as well.
  • tybird wrote:
    The last four albums are far superior to the first three. The dvd was filmed right after the release of The Dirty South. My favorite probably is "The Dirty South."

:eek:
    :eek:

Honestly, I agree.
    But the more I listen to Pizza...holy crap.
    the whole thing is just so genius and raw and lo-fi.
    I fuckin love it.

It just damn well might be my favorite.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
    I feel the same way about Gangstabilly. The songs on that album are killer.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

• Pizza Deliverance and Gangstabilly took awhile to grow on me, but after little while they really clicked and now some of my most listened to songs are on those records... One of these Days, Box of Spiders, Why Henry Drinks... I could go on and on.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    tybird wrote:
    Gangsta' Billy
    Pizza Deliverence
    Alabama Ass Whuppin' (Live)
    Southern Rock Opera (2 disc)
    Decoration Day
    The Dirty South
    A Blessing and a Curse

Live at the 40 Watt (dvd)

hey thanks for that... a great help.. I will look into them this week a buy a couple of their albums.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Pizza Deliverance and Gangstabilly took awhile to grow on me, but after little while they really clicked and now some of my most listened to songs are on those records... One of these Days, Box of Spiders, Why Henry Drinks... I could go on and on.
    And you can't go wrong with "The Living Bubba"............That reminds me, you can purchase six or songs from "Live at the 40 Watt" from itunes.
    tybird wrote:
    And you can't go wrong with "The Living Bubba"............That reminds me, you can purchase six or songs from "Live at the 40 Watt" from itunes.

iTunes used to have Alabama Ass-Whuppin, but for some reason it got taken off. The only song I grabbed was 18 Wheels Of Love, as it had the great full live intro. It's only $41 for the CD on Amazon...

merkinball wrote:
    iTunes used to have Alabama Ass-Whuppin, but for some reason it got taken off. The only song I grabbed was 18 Wheels Of Love, as it had the great full live intro. It's only $41 for the CD on Amazon...
    $41?????!!!!???? Is out of print.....I picked up mine about a year ago at a local Coconuts for about $14 or so........wow.
  • merkinball wrote:

Damn I guess I got lucky picking it up from a local store a few months back for like 12 bucks or something... I think that record was on weird lable or something, thus the scarcity, I noticed its not available on the official website either... perhaps a reissue is in order...
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
    I've been looking for awhile. If any of you see it cheap, let me know! They don't sell it at the live shows anymore either. A reissue would be appreciated.

merkinball wrote:
    I've been looking for awhile. If any of you see it cheap, let me know! They don't sell it at the live shows anymore either. A reissue would be appreciated.
    I'll holler if I see it again..............
  • Well,
    DBT is hitting good ole Lancaster, PA in less than three weeks.
    I hope to get someone on my radio show here at school before the show.
    If anyone has any good questions to ask, let me know, I'm trying to formulate a list.

Thanks.
  • If anyone has any good questions to ask, let me know, I'm trying to formulate a list.

I know Jenn has answered on the Nine Bullets board, but you may want to ask them about how they prepare for each show and how the setlist is tabulated.

They have such a laid back approach to their shows that it would be interesting to hear.

Have you gotten any further with the band's people as far as getting them on your show? Have you emailed DBTJenn? She might be able to speed up the process.

Good luck. Does your college station stream online?

PBM

• I know Jenn has answered on the Nine Bullets board, but you may want to ask them about how they prepare for each show and how the setlist is tabulated.

They have such a laid back approach to their shows that it would be interesting to hear.

Have you gotten any further with the band's people as far as getting them on your show? Have you emailed DBTJenn? She might be able to speed up the process.

Good luck. Does your college station stream online?

PBM

Yeah, it seems pretty off the cuff - but that is a good question.

I'm talking through email to some people at New West about scheduling this, so yeah, the ball is rolling.

Sadly, we do not stream online, but I'll try to get a recording and get it online at some point if this happens.

Regardless, we got a hell of a rock show comin to Lancaster in a few weeks.

:D
  • 5 PM, 9/27

89.1 FM, WFNM, Lancaster, PA

DBT will be making an appearance on This Week in Music.

Mere hours later, we will all be rockin out to the show downtown.

5 PM, 9/27

89.1 FM, WFNM, Lancaster, PA

DBT will be making an appearance on This Week in Music.

Mere hours later, we will all be rockin out to the show downtown.

Congrats.........I know you went the extra mile to make it happen. Have a blast!!!
  • tybird wrote:
    Congrats.........I know you went the extra mile to make it happen. Have a blast!!!
    I will do my best to make sure this gets recorded and put up on the net in due time as well.
    I will do my best to make sure this gets recorded and put up on the net in due time as well.
    A full written re-cap posted on this thread would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet....:D
  • tybird wrote:
    A full written re-cap posted on this thread would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet....:D
    But of course.

;)
    But of course.

;)
    You the man........or the woman if that be the case. :)
  • tybird wrote:
    You the man........or the woman if that be the case. :)
    Man, last time I checked.

Man, last time I checked.

I am sure to check several times a day that I too am still a man. :D
  • Congrats man...is it the whole band or a specific member? This is flippin awesome.

I'm happy for you and look forward to hearing a snipit of your interview.

PBM

Thats very cool, I'd imagine it will be a fun interview. Here's a few questions I'd have:

Patterson is good about sharing what he's listening to on his tour notes, what is everyone else listening to? And Cooley can't answer Hall & Oates.
    Is Neff in the band full time since he's touring now?
    When the hell are they going to tour with Pearl Jam for a full-on Rock Show?
    After so many years, how does it feel to have have a strong national touring schedule and fanbase? Are their any particular cities that they look forward to playing in consistently, or favorite venues?

And for purely personal reasons: Any word on another reissue of Alabama Ass-Whuppin for those who may have missed out on it?

If I can think of any more, I'll post em.

• Anyone goin to Philly tomorrow night?
    I'm thinking about it.

Can't wait until Lancaster next Wednesday.