i wish they would add me to myspace ;(
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    you don't mean WD40, do you?
    Patterson puts it on his strings.

UB40 is a reggae group, right?

- - -
    Someone from New West said they'd check the band's schedule and get back to me about the interview.

The waiting is the hardest part.

HAHA...yes I did mean WD40, thanks! I didn't get why they had it on stage, so thanks.

I have no idea who UB40 is, whoops!
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    http://www.archive.org/details/dbt2005-01-01.sbd.flac16

great show from NYC, 05
    Patterson has a great story/joke after "ain't talking about love"

I'm still laughing

:D

I was at this show and feel lucky that I was. It was a 3.5 hour rock show that will never be forgotten.
    I saw my first show by The Drams last night in Hoboken. They were very good. They played a bunch of stuff from Jubilee Dive, the Slobberbone song Trust Jesus, and covers of The Band, Neil Young, and Chris Bell.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I finally checked them out on youtube.com...

Was wondering whether I should go see them when they come to Detroit in October...

I think I would enjoy the show...but I don't know their songs, though.

I liked how they sounded, though. :)

The Drams weren't too bad, either!

I'm wondering, though, do they change the set list for each show or are they usually the same?

Thanks! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Setlist will be different at most every show. They don`t even have a written set they just kinda trade between the three usually ....... good stuff you should go check them out.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Setlist will be different at most every show. They don`t even have a written set they just kinda trade between the three usually ....... good stuff you should go check them out.

Yeah, I inquired about that at the Nine Bullets board...they just kind of wing it.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Yeah, I inquired about that at the Nine Bullets board...they just kind of wing it.

PBM
    Cooley fucked up the words in Wash. DC to "sounds better in the song"

Patterson played "Dead Drunk and Naked" next, seemed quite "directed" at Cooley.

which was funny as hell.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
    Cooley fucked up the words in Wash. DC to "sounds better in the song"

Patterson played "Dead Drunk and Naked" next, seemed quite "directed" at Cooley.

which was funny as hell.

During Cottonseed in Nashville, Cooley forgets the 3rd verse. He's playing and then just says to the audience, "I forgot the next verse".

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    During Cottonseed in Nashville, Cooley forgets the 3rd verse. He's playing and then just says to the audience, "I forgot the next verse".

PBM
    Did he blame it on the sixth member of the band.........Jack Daniels???? ;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I'm digging this early one right now:

Demonic Possession
    His court’s in session
    I sign my confession
    Demonic Possession

It was raining on the day she told me
    them things that fella sold me
    Mama wasn’t there to scold me
    No prison or cell could hold me
    I still recall the date
    I’z probably about eight
    when I sealed my fate
    You honor I rightly state

Suddenly I had a foot hold
    I became such a butthole
    I don’t need nobody consoling me
    No one but the devil controlling me

I can kick ass and talk backward
    I hang out with a whole bunch of slackers
    and I know I can get some help from him
    I listen to a lot of Led Zeppelin

I got so much money I don’t need smarts
    My records are flying to the top of the charts
    and I’m eating in all those fancy restaurants
    and Hanging out with Sam Phillips
    and I owe it all to him
    Oh, the shape I’m in
    The devil says the only thing that’s buggin him
    is Hell’s filling up with Republicans
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • pizza deliverence always kicks my ass

margo & harold lately
    pizza deliverence always kicks my ass

margo & harold lately

That song always gives me the creeps. The lyrics are so convincing I get uncomfortable listening to it.

Just fired up Pizza Deliverance, Bulldozers and Dirt is on now (another one that gives me the creeps).
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    DBT are playing Toronto, and tix go onsale tomorrow. When I heard their new album I wasn't a huge fan of a lot of songs, but maybe I'll have to give it another try. Their older stuff (at least the more rockier stuff) I digged a lot, so it can't hurt checking them out.

Can anyone tell me what they think of their more recent live shows?
  • merkinball wrote:
    That song always gives me the creeps. The lyrics are so convincing I get uncomfortable listening to it.

big hair and cocaine.

• touringfan wrote:
    I had a few listens last night and thought it was fantastic. Anyone else on here a fan or dig these guys? This was my first introduction to them.

I haven't taken the time to read this whole thread.... I just found it, and it is way too long to read right now, but I can't wait to see what everyone thinks...

I saw DBT in concert a few weeks ago... they played a free concert here in Buffalo, A friend of mine who is a big fan gave me their cd to listen to the night before the concert.... I thought they were pretty good... until I saw them... that's when I became a fan! I was so impressed by them, and being in front of the stage gave me the opportunity to appreciate them all the more. We met them afterwards and got some great pictures.... they were all so willing and sincere about meeting their fans, and Jason especially impressed me....

Wish I could write more, but it is late, I am just so happy to see this post that I had to write something!
  • on a side note...

Robert Randolph and the family band played after DBT.... anyone here know of them? They had Jason of DBT come on stage and jam... I was equally impressed with them as well and bought their cd the next day....
    big hair and cocaine.

Oh, and Box of Spiders gives me the creeps too:

'Gran Gran keeps a box of spiders.
    She says they're on me when I sleep.
    Waiting in the out-house for me.
    underneath the seat.'

Man, I hope Pattersons kept up on the Zoloft...

RrVwMirror wrote:
    I haven't taken the time to read this whole thread.... I just found it, and it is way too long to read right now, but I can't wait to see what everyone thinks...

I saw DBT in concert a few weeks ago... they played a free concert here in Buffalo, A friend of mine who is a big fan gave me their cd to listen to the night before the concert.... I thought they were pretty good... until I saw them... that's when I became a fan! I was so impressed by them, and being in front of the stage gave me the opportunity to appreciate them all the more. We met them afterwards and got some great pictures.... they were all so willing and sincere about meeting their fans, and Jason especially impressed me....

Wish I could write more, but it is late, I am just so happy to see this post that I had to write something!
    Welcome to the club................:)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • merkinball wrote:
    Oh, and Box of Spiders gives me the creeps too:

'Gran Gran keeps a box of spiders.
    She says they're on me when I sleep.
    Waiting in the out-house for me.
    underneath the seat.'

Man, I hope Pattersons kept up on the Zoloft...
    oh, that whole record,

uncle frank
    one of these days
    tales facing up

I listened to margo/harold on the way in today...

the whole thing is really creepy.

I love it.
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Ladies and gentleman... barring unforseen conflict.... I WILL SEE DBT LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME TONIGHT!!!!

Only an hour set... but I'll take it...
    NakedClown wrote:
    Ladies and gentleman... barring unforseen conflict.... I WILL SEE DBT LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME TONIGHT!!!!

Only an hour set... but I'll take it...
    Be sure and fill us in on details.............like the set list or anything else of interest.
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    i saw them in starkville(you can see the back of my head on youtube), and we got to meet the band. they were really cool with everyone even though there werent many people at the show. they seem to care for the fans. they also put on a good show. i just got tickets for the memphis show in october and i cant wait. a blessing and a curse is good but decoration day is still my favorite. cooley can make you want to cry your heart out.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
    ledhed43 wrote:
    i just got tickets for the memphis show in october

I'm debating on whether or not I'm going to that show. I'm pretty sure I can swing it, but I have to confer with my buddies on tickets, etc.

PBM

Alas, tonight will not work out as well...

And I think that's for the better... I want to see them in all of their 3-hour glory....
    NakedClown wrote:

And I think that's for the better... I want to see them in all of their 3-hour glory....
    :( :( :( :(
    NakedClown wrote:

I couldn't make it up for this one either. I did notice somewhere (I can't track down the link now though) that Jason, Shonna, EZB, and Neff were going to play with Marc Ford of the Black Crowes tomorrow night at an L.A. Club, Kings maybe?

I'd imagine that would be pretty cool. I'd love it if any of these guys did a solo acoustic tour of the west coast.

• T-minus one month:

DBT in Lancaster, PA

tybird wrote:
    :( :( :( :(

Yeah, tell me about it.... sometimes you have to make the tough decisions... and I WILL see them in a headlining capacity sometime soon...
    merkinball wrote:
    I did notice somewhere (I can't track down the link now though) that Jason, Shonna, EZB, and Neff were going to play with Marc Ford of the Black Crowes tomorrow night at an L.A. Club, Kings maybe?

This show got taped, there is a torrent running here:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=500095

Just hopped on, should be a good listen.

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I need to get into this band... how many albums have they put out?
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08