Oasis-Don't Believe the Truth official thread

Comments

• AxlUlrich wrote:
    so how was MSG?!
    im sure some went!(not me of course :()

Jet opened the show, they weren't bad, actually they are a better band when they were just jamming and not playing just their songs because they sounded different. Their drummer is insane and entertaining to watch. Definitely not the best opening band i've seen but definitely not the worst! But MSG is tough because most of the times, people don't even pay attention to the opening act and are rude but Jet actually held everyone's attention and people were into it, which was cool.

MSG was awesome, the band sounds TIGHT, Liam's voice was excellent (sounds even better than he does on Familiar to Millions), Noel was in a great mood and actually talked and joked and Zak Starkey is amazing, he went wild during "my generation". Total different style of drumming from Ringo, he's more like Keith Moon, beating the shit out of his drums, heh. When Liam first walked out on stage, he was like "we've finally made it here" and did his snotty strut all night, soaking up all the attention, heh.

My only complaints, no Supersonic, Columbia, not a lot of stuff from be here now, heathen chemistry or SOTSOG and they only played 90 minutes, i was hoping that maybe NYC would be treated to a little something special but alas I am spoiled by pearl jam :) Bring it on Down, one of my favorites, was totally ignored by the crowd, at least where I was but champagne supernova was the definite highlight, sounded 10 times better than it does on morning glory. And they played Meaning of Soul, which is my fav from the new album, it was great, a 2 minute burst of energy, fantastic!

i think liam and noel are still pissed at each other, liam was trying to say something before wonderwall and noel started the song so liam was like "i'll just fucking shut up" and I think liam was pissed a few times about the arrangements, like "bring it on down" was way to fast so he like held up his hand to noel to slow down.

here's the setlist:

Fuckin' in the Bushes
    Turn up the Sun
    Lyla
    Love Like a Bomb
    Bring it on Down
    Morning Glory
    Cigarettes and Alcohol
    The Importance of being Idle
    Little by Little
    A Bell Will Ring
    Live Forever
    The Meaning of Soul
    Mucky Fingers
    Champagne Supernova
    Rock n' Roll Star

Encore:

Songbird
    Wonderwall
    Don't Look Back in Anger
    My Generation
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    thats a neat setlist!
    The Meaning of Soul is one of my favs too..the energy!
    yeh i downloaded a few videos with Zak and damn he can really drum!
    glad the show turned out great..maybe america will show alittle more love now too for Oasis
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    thats a neat setlist!
    The Meaning of Soul is one of my favs too..the energy!
    yeh i downloaded a few videos with Zak and damn he can really drum!
    glad the show turned out great..maybe america will show alittle more love now too for Oasis

hopefully, in the row in front of me, were a couple of older yuppies who seriously just showed up to hear Wonderwall, that was the only song they actually were into, i hate when people do that. Noel let the crowd sing the entire chorus to DLBIA, so there's still a lot of love for Oasis in NYC and the garden was sold out. if they keep turning out top notch performances like last night, they should definitely get more people interested in Don't believe the Truth.
    hopefully, in the row in front of me, were a couple of older yuppies who seriously just showed up to hear Wonderwall, that was the only song they actually were into, i hate when people do that. Noel let the crowd sing the entire chorus to DLBIA, so there's still a lot of love for Oasis in NYC and the garden was sold out. if they keep turning out top notch performances like last night, they should definitely get more people interested in Don't believe the Truth.
    well the album moved up 10 spots on amazon chart..thats a decent enough sign!
    i remember back in 2000 or 2001...i watched David Spade on Conan and he said he just went to see Oasis to play Wonderwall..and they din play it..went on to diss Oasis..fucking midget...
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    well the album moved up 10 spots on amazon chart..thats a decent enough sign!
    i remember back in 2000 or 2001...i watched David Spade on Conan and he said he just went to see Oasis to play Wonderwall..and they din play it..went on to diss Oasis..fucking midget...

that's cool, even though I thought Heathen Chemistry and SOTSOG were quite good, I think this is the way Oasis have to technically "prove" themselves to the US again, by going out and rocking the new songs. and they played 3 new songs in a row so they definitely have faith in the new material.

pfft Wonderwall wasn't even a highlight for me, it was great to hear it live in person but I really would have rather heard "gas panic", "force of nature" "the hindu times" "cast no shadow" "d'you know what I mean" or "columbia" to be quite honest.
    that's cool, even though I thought Heathen Chemistry and SOTSOG were quite good, I think this is the way Oasis have to technically "prove" themselves to the US again, by going out and rocking the new songs. and they played 3 new songs in a row so they definitely have faith in the new material.

pfft Wonderwall wasn't even a highlight for me, it was great to hear it live in person but I really would have rather heard "gas panic", "force of nature" "the hindu times" "cast no shadow" "d'you know what I mean" or "columbia" to be quite honest.
    "Gas Panic" "D'YKWIM" and "Columbia" really sound great live i never did enjoy Wondewall or Champagne Supernova live...
    probably my favorite live tracks from them are Columbia,Go Let it Out,Supersonic,Slide Away,Gas Panic and Morning Glory

YNWA
  • duemandueman Posts: 1
    Oasis don't need to prove themselves to the US. Americans don't really have the best taste in music and Oasis aren't appreciated enough in the states. Don't Believe The Truth is a great album and I was lucky enough to see them in Toronto on Friday and they were awsome. All of Oasis' albums are quality, but casual fans won't enjoy Heathen Chemisty or SOTSOG. The new album is great and that's all that matters.
    dueman wrote:
    Oasis don't need to prove themselves to the US. Americans don't really have the best taste in music and Oasis aren't appreciated enough in the states. Don't Believe The Truth is a great album and I was lucky enough to see them in Toronto on Friday and they were awsome. All of Oasis' albums are quality, but casual fans won't enjoy Heathen Chemisty or SOTSOG. The new album is great and that's all that matters.
    welcome to the pit :D

YNWA
  • Big TonesBig Tones Posts: 3
    dueman wrote:

I agree with this. Bands like Pearl Jam and a handfull of others aside, I would argue that the US is one of the worst music scenes right now for rock and roll. Oasis has a large audience in many other countries; I don't think they should even tour the US again after their first week sales of Don't Believe the Truth. I say stick to Europe and Canada; the US doesn't get it yet.

BT
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    "Gas Panic" "D'YKWIM" and "Columbia" really sound great live i never did enjoy Wondewall or Champagne Supernova live...
    probably my favorite live tracks from them are Columbia,Go Let it Out,Supersonic,Slide Away,Gas Panic and Morning Glory

Columbia, D'YKWIM and Slide Away I've never heard live so it would have been awesome to hear those :( for the others I've got Familiar to Millions but that doesn't compare the live experience...

it would be cool though if they incorporate more material from BHN, SOTSOG and HC because there are some awesome songs there that people would love live, hell people were going nuts for "little by little" last night!
    Columbia, D'YKWIM and Slide Away I've never heard live so it would have been awesome to hear those :( for the others I've got Familiar to Millions but that doesn't compare the live experience...

it would be cool though if they incorporate more material from BHN, SOTSOG and HC because there are some awesome songs there that people would love live, hell people were going nuts for "little by little" last night!
    lol i love Little by Little!
    i wished they would play Born on a Different Cloud ! those two were my favs from HC
    i would even go wild for I Can See a Liar or Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is!
    well i have only heard Oasis live on cds or dvds...:(
    never got a chance to see them live at all in all my 10 years of being a fan...had tickets for a show in 02 but it was cancelled sigh...

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol i love Little by Little!
    i wished they would play Born on a Different Cloud ! those two were my favs from HC
    well i have only heard Oasis live on cds or dvds...:(
    never got a chance to see them live at all in all my 10 years of being a fan...had tickets for a show in 02 but it was cancelled sigh...

i was totally surprised about little by little, i really wasn't a fan of the song but after last night, it sparked my interest.

i would also love to hear "better man" from heathen chemistry, another one of my favs, love liam's vocals!

are you going to see them this tour?

i've been a fan since 1995 and i never saw them because of all the stuff i heard about them cancelling shows and liam walking off, etc. but unless something happens, this tour definitely seems like the tour to see them on since they appear to be incredibly happy to be playing live.
    i was totally surprised about little by little, i really wasn't a fan of the song but after last night, it sparked my interest.

i would also love to hear "better man" from heathen chemistry, another one of my favs, love liam's vocals!

are you going to see them this tour?

i've been a fan since 1995 and i never saw them because of all the stuff i heard about them cancelling shows and liam walking off, etc. but unless something happens, this tour definitely seems like the tour to see them on since they appear to be incredibly happy to be playing live.
    i actually kinda enjoy Liam walking off stage..lol
    once i told my friend i'd be the happiest bloke if Liam headbutted me at an airport as i ask for an autograph :)

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    once i told my friend i'd be the happiest bloke if Liam headbutted me at an airport as i ask for an autograph :)

heh, but liam seems to have really mellowed out these days, he only said fucking about 4 times last night, i was disappointed and not one "fuck" out of noel. fatherhood has obviously tamed them!
    heh, but liam seems to have really mellowed out these days, he only said fucking about 4 times last night, i was disappointed and not one "fuck" out of noel. fatherhood has obviously tamed them!
    yeh fatherhood can really change a man heh.im surprised to read you say they din say "fuck" alot...i still seem to see alot of "fucks" during magazine interviews etc
    Noel is still as witty as ever and Liam is still as tactless as ever :D

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

Wow...that would be some head butt...... seriously, a head butt from Liam! You would feel it at least for a few weeks.....auch!
    Wow...that would be some head butt...... seriously, a head butt from Liam! You would feel it at least for a few weeks.....auch!
    yeh lucky for me i have a hard head...i can bang my head on the wall..and have no feeling and have a cracked wall..lol

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh lucky for me i have a hard head...i can bang my head on the wall..and have no feeling and have a cracked wall..lol

That means you both are hard headed 'cause we all know Liam is hard headed as can be....
    That means you both are hard headed 'cause we all know Liam is hard headed as can be....
    yeh and i havent had a haircut for 5 months..hair will cushion any blow :D

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh and i havent had a haircut for 5 months..hair will cushion any blow :D

You must have Dimebags hair then......
    You must have Dimebags hair then......
    nah it looks more like Noel's hair..but thicker..haha...like a helmet!

YNWA
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    AxlUlrich wrote:

I'm a huge fan of this band, but if they ever played one of those two turds I would go take a piss.

The setlist looks great. Does anyone know if there are any changes from show to show, or is it completely static?
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • DocChicago wrote:
    I'm a huge fan of this band, but if they ever played one of those two turds I would go take a piss.

The setlist looks great. Does anyone know if there are any changes from show to show, or is it completely static?

it's pretty static, the encores are always the same. sometimes they'll play let there be love instead of love like a bomb or the meaning of soul. acquiesce made one appearance i think. otherwise they are playing the same stuff each show.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    acquiesce made one appearance i think.

Oh man, that would be a treat if they play it tomorrow. I missed them on their last tour, since Boston was one of the shows they dropped due to the car crash.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    nah it looks more like Noel's hair..but thicker..haha...like a helmet!

Haha...... cool!
  • i would of loved to hear , supersonic, acquiese (amazin tune) & dont go away, they could of added thise in & been real AMAZING , but hey ya cant have everything , great show
    "no more crowbars to my head"
    DBTT has dropped all the way down to #72 on the Billboard charts..
    yikes..

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yikes..

Dont worry... Oasis is British and how they do in England is what matters for them, we are just the lucky ones in America that appreciate one of the best rock bands!
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yikes..

eh i wouldn't worry, as long as they keep making music that's all that matters
    JUST HANGING OUT ?

DID Mary-Kate Olsen have a little too much fun partying with Brit poppers Oasis after their Garden gig the other night? "When she came out of Oasis' dressing room, she almost crashed into me," our spy reports. "Her big bodyguard had her by the arms ... She was in rough shape." The bite-sized billionaire, clad in a KISS shirt, denim skirt and cowboy boots, was half-carried into the service elevator and off to the VIP bathroom. "Whatever the implication is, it's ridiculous," Olsen's rep assures us. "She was just hanging out with the band. Nothing went on whatsoever."

source: page 6 NY Post

wtf...lol..

YNWA