Oasis-Don't Believe the Truth official thread

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    din the invitation say bring a guest? *hint*

Funnily enuff it did, just need to find a person that would wanna go......bouncy castles are no fun on your own :)
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Funnily enuff it did, just need to find a person that would wanna go......bouncy castles are no fun on your own :)
    *coughMEcough*
    damn that cough is back! hope i dont spread it to yer like before ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    *coughMEcough*
    damn that cough is back! hope i dont spread it to yer like before ;)

*pretends not to know what you mean ;)

Yeh get rid of the cough you have travelling to do...so we can Roll With It.... also i aint gonna be too happy if Michael Jackson is at our table :D
    *pretends not to know what you mean ;)

Yeh get rid of the cough you have travelling to do...so we can Roll With It.... also i aint gonna be too happy if Michael Jackson is at our table :D
    yeh damn cough..always appears suddenly...especially when you talk aboot Gers :D
    Micheal Jackson would be too busy bouncing in the castle..he wont even sit at his table :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh damn cough..always appears suddenly...especially when you talk aboot Gers :D
    Micheal Jackson would be too busy bouncing in the castle..he wont even sit at his table :D

Aaahhhhh thats a nervous cough you have....incase your team comes up against the mighty Gers in the CL.......

Daddy Michael was innocent remember :)
    Aaahhhhh thats a nervous cough you have....incase your team comes up against the mighty Gers in the CL.......

Daddy Michael was innocent remember :)
    i cant wait to draw Gers in the CL :D
    oh yes he is innocent..but broke now lol

YNWA
    Axl behave with the CL talk......thought of Mmmmorientes at Ibrox is making me giddy :D

Least Scotland gets this celeb wedding coz i for one was bummed out Jordan and Peter Andre are gettin hitched in England :p Insania
    Axl behave with the CL talk......thought of Mmmmorientes at Ibrox is making me giddy :D

Least Scotland gets this celeb wedding coz i for one was bummed out Jordan and Peter Andre are gettin hitched in England :p Insania
    surprised a whore like Jordan would fall for a has been like Peter Andre :D

ah yes..but u might hate Nando when he scores a few at Ibrox :D

YNWA

YNWA
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    You can find that show and the SOTSOG demos, and yet you cannot find me some Lyla b-sides? Hook a brother up Axl.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    DocChicago wrote:
    You can find that show and the SOTSOG demos, and yet you cannot find me some Lyla b-sides? Hook a brother up Axl.
    best i can do for now is more demos..
    enjoy..:)
    http://download.harderfaster.org/oasisdemos/

YNWA
    new download for you guys!
    here's the demo for The Importance of Being Idle!
    single is out today in the UK btw :D
    http://rapidshare.de/files/4181553/tiobidemo.mp3.html

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    new download for you guys!
    here's the demo for The Importance of Being Idle!
    single is out today in the UK btw :D
    http://rapidshare.de/files/4181553/tiobidemo.mp3.html

Cool, ta much

My bro bought the single, the b-sides are: Pass Me Down The Wine and The Quiet Ones here in the UK
    Cool, ta much

My bro bought the single, the b-sides are: Pass Me Down The Wine and The Quiet Ones here in the UK
    yep i bought it too! love the cover art
    The Quiet Ones is a crappy song though lol..is another Gem song i hate!

YNWA
    NOEL GALLAGHER has told NME OASIS won’t release any new material until 2007 – and he wouldn’t be surprised if the next album isn’t out until 2010.

Speaking exclusively to NME, the guitarist said that currently the only plan is for a B-sides compilation next year, as the group will take most of the year off following their world tour which isn’t set to finish until early next spring.

He said: “We’re touring till next March, and I’d have thought by February we’ll be sick of the sight of each other. We’ll probably have the rest of that year out, and Liam will write 500 songs, Gem (Archer) and Andy (Bell) will write a few and I’ll go back to the ones I haven’t finished off.

“We never make plans. We haven’t got a record deal now anyway. We’re out of a deal, which is a great position to be in. So we’re gonna have to find a new record deal that suits us, that’s where we’re at, and then…we don’t like to rush things. ‘Be Here Now’ was rushed, ‘Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants’ was rushed, and it’s kind of like, ‘If it takes five years for the album to come out, I’m not arsed.’ As long as it comes out, it’ll be alright. ‘Definitely Maybe’ took fucking five years to make. And in that five years I wrote the first two albums, so you’ve got to figure that out for yourself.”

Noel revealed that he still has 25 songs left from the sessions for ‘Don’t BelieveThe Truth’, and suggested that that will mean he won’t have to “any more work for the next few years”. These songs include the much talked-up ’Stop The Clocks’, of which Noel has now tired, revealing, “There are so many versions of that song now we could put it out as an EP on its own!”

However, the guitarist insisted that rumours that Oasis are about to release a Greatest Hits compilation are untrue.

“This is from the horse’s mouth – we will only do a best of when we split up. The only thing we’ve got that might be in the pipeline next year will be another B-sides album, all the B-sides from ‘Standing..’ to this lot,” explained Noel, before taking a pop at his traditional rivals. “I never understood the Manics and Blur putting out Best Ofs – I mean, what the fuck’s all that about? It’s kind of saying that whatever you’re gonna do from there on is not gonna be your best. We’ll put out a best of when we stop. No best of or singles album until it’s done and dusted.”

YNWA
  • possibility of a new album in 2010, that's not cool!

this possible b-side collection sounds interesting, would be cool if that becomes a reality
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
    possibility of a new album in 2010, that's not cool!

this possible b-side collection sounds interesting, would be cool if that becomes a reality
    i'm sure it will become reality and will be in the works soon enough.
    but i must say..as a collector of their singles..their B-sides arent that good anymore..the new ones dont impress me one bit..maybe just Pass Me Down the Wine.
    also..
    Oasis have contributed three exclusive new recordings to the soundtrack of Goal! a film to be released in the UK on the 30th September.
    The tracks include one brand new song, ‘Who Put The Weight Of The World On My Shoulders?’, written and performed by Noel Gallagher, and an exclusive, unheard re-recording of the classic track ‘Cast No Shadow’ both produced by UNKLE. Additionally the film features a never before released mix of ‘Morning Glory’ by Dave Sardy.

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    i'm sure it will become reality and will be in the works soon enough.
    but i must say..as a collector of their singles..their B-sides arent that good anymore..the new ones dont impress me one bit..maybe just Pass Me Down the Wine.
    also..
    Oasis have contributed three exclusive new recordings to the soundtrack of Goal! a film to be released in the UK on the 30th September.
    The tracks include one brand new song, ‘Who Put The Weight Of The World On My Shoulders?’, written and performed by Noel Gallagher, and an exclusive, unheard re-recording of the classic track ‘Cast No Shadow’ both produced by UNKLE. Additionally the film features a never before released mix of ‘Morning Glory’ by Dave Sardy.

i stopped collecting after the "d'you know what I mean" single, so they haven't improved much since then huh?
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
    i stopped collecting after the "d'you know what I mean" single, so they haven't improved much since then huh?
    nah..the bad b-sides started with The Hindu Times..only Stop Crying Your Heart Out had good b-sides

YNWA
    here's a link for ‘Who Put The Weight Of The World On My Shoulders?’
    enjoy :)
    http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=1454002

YNWA
  • i stopped collecting after the "d'you know what I mean" single, so they haven't improved much since then huh?

Stand By Me single has some great tunes. "Going Nowhere" in on the Masterplan album, but the other two are better (IMHO).
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    DocChicago wrote:
    Stand By Me single has some great tunes. "Going Nowhere" in on the Masterplan album, but the other two are better (IMHO).
    yep My Sister Lover and I Got the Fever are great tracks!

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    here's a link for ‘Who Put The Weight Of The World On My Shoulders?’
    enjoy :)
    http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=1454002

I'm downloading this right now, 12%...i can con a drink out of my brother with something like this hehehe - ta :)
    I'm downloading this right now, 12%...i can con a drink out of my brother with something like this hehehe - ta :)
    lol a drink eh..that reminds me to google up IRN BRU :D
    hope you enjoy the song..though its got the F word edited out lol.
    i might buy this soundtrack if the other 2 Oasis tracks on it (remixes) are decent.

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol a drink eh..that reminds me to google up IRN BRU :D
    hope you enjoy the song..though its got the F word edited out lol.
    i might buy this soundtrack if the other 2 Oasis tracks on it (remixes) are decent.

lol, yes but he will be buying me vodka to go with my IRN BRU :D

I really like the song, instantly...for me that's quite rare
    lol, yes but he will be buying me vodka to go with my IRN BRU :D

I really like the song, instantly...for me that's quite rare
    hehe..IRN BRU has a nice can :D

its very SOTSOG era sounding song...reminds me alittle of Embrace for some reason too lol

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    hehe..IRN BRU has a nice can :D

its very SOTSOG era sounding song...reminds me alittle of Embrace for some reason too lol

You're right you know!!........on both matters :)
    You're right you know!!........on both matters :)
    lol!
    i was expecting a DBTT sounding song..but it does sound very 2000ish Oasis
    still a great song though :)

YNWA
  • "(as long as they've got) cigarettes in hell" is a great latter-day b-side, IMO
    "(as long as they've got) cigarettes in hell" is a great latter-day b-side, IMO
    yeh great one!
    but i gotta say me prefer Let's All Make Believe

YNWA