Oasis-Don't Believe the Truth official thread

Comments

• Man!!!! Last night i was really getting into the new Oasis, wow!
    The band open up with turn up the sun, and it's like an explossion "I CARRY THE MADNESS EVERYWHERE I GO" .......hell yeah that's the Liam i wanna hear! I think i'm gonna spend a lot of time with this record.....
  • Camon Turn Up The Sun!

Turn It For Every One!!!!

Love One Another! Love One Another!
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    ok, gonna go turn the disc up and rock out ;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Noel does a supperb job on Mucky Fingers, i am proud of him, he sounds so great, i'm glad he sings in at least two songs on each Oasis album!!!
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Noel does a supperb job on Mucky Fingers, i am proud of him, he sounds so great, i'm glad he sings in at least two songs on each Oasis album!!!
    yeh Mucky Fingers is really growing on me like Lyla...
    Gem's harmonica doesnt really impress me though
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • loves like a bomb
    god thinks im able

i kinda of thought they were the stand out tracks but perhaps i alone
    loves like a bomb
    god thinks im able

i kinda of thought they were the stand out tracks but perhaps i alone
    they were too short for me...but Liam's lyrics are improving alot
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    becos im obssessed with it lately, here's my track by track rundown of this one:

turn up the sun- great opener, it's got a nice groove and kinda reminds me of that "reach out and touch faith" song for some reason.

mucky fingers- noel's songs shine all the more now that he doesnt have to write so many shite filler tunes. this is one. heavy bob dylan/wilco influence as i see it. i love it.

lyla- wasnt too keen on it at first, but it grows on me. solid rock track but definitely nothing special as far as this album goes. nonetheless one of their better tunes in years.

love like a bomb- the grown up version of songbird. a sweet love tune where liam finally shows he can write a decent hook with lyrics that aren't laughable.

importance of being idle- i dont get the hype. it's a good song, but i think both noel ditties on this album are better. it's got a fun feel to it though.

meaning of soul- reminds me of green disease. i like that they finally seem to show a little restraint with the rockers on this one.

guess god thinks im abel- puts me in mind of a latter day pearl jam tune. it's got great tension and atmosphere and seems ready to explode... but it doesn't. i love it.

part of the queue- my fav noel tune this go round. great chorus (his singing is exponentially better than heathen chem) and the coda is perfect, love that piano.

keep the dream alive- my fav song on here... and not a gllagher brother tune! the chorus is so catchy and uplifting. really takes me back to old school oasis. too bad it'll probly never get single status cos i think it'd be a hit.

a bell will ring- the best rocker on here. the attitude is back, reminds me of the song morning glory with its edge and attitude. stellar.

let there be love- classic oasis closer. my friend heard about 5 seconds the first listen and was like "this is the last song isnt it?" but it's still good. reminds me of wilco's poor places. it's a nice duet, but in the end it doesn't hit me like some of these tracks have. nonetheless, great way to close a fantastic album.
  • After several listens at the weekend, Guess God Thinks I'm Abel has been elavated to joint top spot with Keep The Dream Alive.

Liam's new-found prowess is as surprising as it is refreshing...
    Decipher the illusion, know the facts but retain the magic.
    After several listens at the weekend, Guess God Thinks I'm Abel has been elavated to joint top spot with Keep The Dream Alive.

Liam's new-found prowess is as surprising as it is refreshing...
    yeh Liam really does shine on this album...it's great to see him mature alot as a songwriter since he started writing songs on SOTSOG

YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Right i was at the supermarket last night and picked this up. I didn't think i would buy another Oasis album as Heathen Chem bored me to tears after one week. But i wanted it for my collection as i have all the singles etc. I'm glad i bought it! Its only 2 listens but i like it straight away. Mucky Fingers is a good tune, guess god and loves like a bomb are standing out first few listens. Liams vocals, different, i dont know what it is but i likey

In the sunshiiiiiiiine :D
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Liam may have matured as a songwriter, but not in other domains. If he does this in Boston I'm going to personally kick his ass.
    (Story from dotmusic.com)
    ========================================
    Liam abandons gig
    (Tuesday June 14, 2005 10:48 AM)

Liam Gallagher is reported to have stormed offstage at an Oasis show in Italy midway through the gig.

Gallagher junior apparently stopped singing during through a rendition of "Champagne Supernova" at a festival in Imola, Italy, as part of the band's European tour.

The gig, at the Heineken Jammin' Festival, continued without Liam, after brother Noel took over singing duities and reshuffled the set-list after it became clear Liam was not returning.

According to reports in The Sun this morning, Noel believes Liam has "lost interest" in the band. He explained: "I don't talk to Liam any more. I can't. It always ends up in a fight.

"He screams like some juvenile to get attention. It's so sad. He's so defiant all the time. Lately it's been like he's lost interest."

Oasis begin a full UK tour at Hampden Park in Glasgow, Scotland on June 29.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    heres a video of Liam walking off stage...
    http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=23YOHE5DACKRO2O6C7XRK8MTLO

YNWA
  • DocChicago wrote:
    Liam may have matured as a songwriter, but not in other domains. If he does this in Boston I'm going to personally kick his ass.
    (Story from dotmusic.com)
    ========================================
    Liam abandons gig
    (Tuesday June 14, 2005 10:48 AM)

Liam Gallagher is reported to have stormed offstage at an Oasis show in Italy midway through the gig.

Gallagher junior apparently stopped singing during through a rendition of "Champagne Supernova" at a festival in Imola, Italy, as part of the band's European tour.

The gig, at the Heineken Jammin' Festival, continued without Liam, after brother Noel took over singing duities and reshuffled the set-list after it became clear Liam was not returning.

According to reports in The Sun this morning, Noel believes Liam has "lost interest" in the band. He explained: "I don't talk to Liam any more. I can't. It always ends up in a fight.

"He screams like some juvenile to get attention. It's so sad. He's so defiant all the time. Lately it's been like he's lost interest."

Oasis begin a full UK tour at Hampden Park in Glasgow, Scotland on June 29.

UGH! I thought he was over that bullshit, if he does that at MSG i will also kick his ass, not that I would mind just hearing noel since he's just as good.
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I've already been through a Noel-only vocals show (back in Chicago in '96). I watched the video and there does not appear to be anything that sets him off. He just plain waves goodnight and walks offstage. I love this band, but Liam is such a douchebag.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    DocChicago wrote:
    I've already been through a Noel-only vocals show (back in Chicago in '96). I watched the video and there does not appear to be anything that sets him off. He just plain waves goodnight and walks offstage. I love this band, but Liam is such a douchebag.
    apparently something was thrown at him..no matter what i still idolise Liam...hes still my fave member of the band

YNWA
  • there's a lot of speculation over at the oasis forum on their official website, some say hit was hit in the head with a water bottle, some say he lost his voice and some think he was just being an asshole.

apparently there is a rumor floating around that they are scrapping the first week of the US tour because noel and liam aren't speaking, who the fuck knows at this point what the hell is going on, all I know is their asses better be onstage on the 22nd at MSG or I will be PISSED.
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • lol, thanx for the link, that is great, hey yeah i t sucks dick, if your at the show, but for me thats what makes Liam & Oasis so fuckin cool, plus I am in a band w my brother so i know how tough it is,

hopefully they will be @ MSG , i am fuckin pumped up for the show

at least SUPERNOVA was fuckin rocking
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    lol, thanx for the link, that is great, hey yeah i t sucks dick, if your at the show, but for me thats what makes Liam & Oasis so fuckin cool, plus I am in a band w my brother so i know how tough it is,

yeah, it's so fucking cool to be a prick and walk offstage leaving many fans hanging out to dry because you're a big baby. many people travel far and wide to see their favorite band only to be thanked by some asshole walking off stage in the middle of the set.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • no i hear ya that that sucks, especially for the fans, he is an asshole, but their is just some sense that he is all fucked up that adds to his aura (for me at least) thats all im saying
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • i don't get why people love asshole musos...in this case liam. oasis are a great band but liam is a douche and a half. he's right up there with axl rose, fred durst and scott stapp.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    at any rate, i am going to crank the new oasis. i have to get modest mouse out of my head because once again I AM MISSING ANOTHER SHOW here.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    i would say its all part of the unpredictable danger of rock n roll..i dont mind it...if u wanted a safe show with nothing to go wrong then go watch Hillary Duff in concert..
    looks like DBTT has dropped to no.36 on the billboards with sales of 31k or so..

YNWA
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    i don't get why people love asshole musos...in this case liam. oasis are a great band but liam is a douche and a half. he's right up there with axl rose, fred durst and scott stapp.

yeah, him and axl are pretty much on par. i bought their album, but i won't see them live. i feel sorry for Noel. he's been dealing with his shit for too long now. i love the new album though.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    i would say its all part of the unpredictable danger of rock n roll..i dont mind it...if u wanted a safe show with nothing to go wrong then go watch Hillary Duff in concert..
    looks like DBTT has dropped to no.36 on the billboards with sales of 31k or so..

i don't want hilary duff but i don't want an asshole lead singer thinking he is "dangerous". the dude reckons he's the best rock and roll star his country has produced for goodness sakes lol. noel is a BRILLANT songwriter and i like liam as a frontman but he's a complete and utter tool.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
    i don't want hilary duff but i don't want an asshole lead singer thinking he is "dangerous". the dude reckons he's the best rock and roll star his country has produced for goodness sakes lol. noel is a BRILLANT songwriter and i like liam as a frontman but he's a complete and utter tool.
    Liam has proven to be a brilliant songwriter too over the past 2 albums...let him think hes the greatest or whatever its who he is and i dont really see anything negative about it cept yeh of course leaving shows halfway..but hey whats Liam for u..im used it hah

YNWA
  • After two weeks with Dont Belive the Truth i can honestly say this is a first class Oasis album!
    After two weeks with Dont Belive the Truth i can honestly say this is a first class Oasis album!
    yeh i'd say that too..im still not bored of it

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i'd say that too..im still not bored of it

it's really cool shit, i still cannot beleive Liam walked off stage, i really dont care, it doesn't bother me... I just hope they dont cancel any dates on their tour!
    it's really cool shit, i still cannot beleive Liam walked off stage, i really dont care, it doesn't bother me... I just hope they dont cancel any dates on their tour!
    i think it will be very silly to cancel any dates on the US tour..cos the album is doing pretty decent now on the Billboard charts ( #37 this week) close to 100k copies sold which is an improvement from Heathen Chemisty too.
    i hope the US tour will boost album sales too,more people need to hear material from this album..i think it isnt doing as well as it should in US cos people are ignoring this album based on the previous 2 albums which got mixed reviews.

YNWA