Oasis-Don't Believe the Truth official thread

Comments

• Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    was manchester treated to any rarities? did acquiesce make a comeback to the set?

yeah this was the setlist:

'Fuckin' In the Bushes'
    'Turn Up The Sun'
    'Lyla'
    'Bring It On Down'
    '(What's The Story) Morning Glory'
    'Cigarettes and Alcohol'
    'The Importance Of Being Idle'
    'Little By Little'
    'A Bell Will Ring'
    'Acquiesce'
    'Songbird'
    'Live Forever'
    'Mucky Fingers'
    'Wonderwall'
    'Champagne Supernova'
    'Rock 'N' Roll Star'
    'Guess God Thinks I'm Abel'
    'The Meaning Of Soul'
    'Don't Look Back In Anger'
    'My Generation'

it was another mad manchester oasis gig, lots of shoving (the fron barrier broke right at the start), so they sttod on stage for 25 mins, so they didnt stary playing 'turn up the sun' till 9:30, so for that 25 mins, liam asked girls to take off their tops and do sing along n shit like that

i got soaked with beer, people around me got soaked in piss.... a typical oasis gig
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    AxlUlrich wrote:

cheers, this one works - its 16% done now

ive only seen the vid once, when channel 4 shown it for the first time
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Duff_Man wrote:
    yeah this was the setlist:

'Fuckin' In the Bushes'
    'Turn Up The Sun'
    'Lyla'
    'Bring It On Down'
    '(What's The Story) Morning Glory'
    'Cigarettes and Alcohol'
    'The Importance Of Being Idle'
    'Little By Little'
    'A Bell Will Ring'
    'Acquiesce'
    'Songbird'
    'Live Forever'
    'Mucky Fingers'
    'Wonderwall'
    'Champagne Supernova'
    'Rock 'N' Roll Star'
    'Guess God Thinks I'm Abel'
    'The Meaning Of Soul'
    'Don't Look Back In Anger'
    'My Generation'

it was another mad manchester oasis gig, lots of shoving (the fron barrier broke right at the start), so they sttod on stage for 25 mins, so they didnt stary playing 'turn up the sun' till 9:30, so for that 25 mins, liam asked girls to take off their tops and do sing along n shit like that

i got soaked with beer, people around me got soaked in piss.... a typical oasis gig
    pretty good setlist...but damn about the shoving and all..
    glad the link for TIOBI finally works ahah..
    honestly i would have prefered a video with more of the band than actors
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    pretty good setlist...but damn about the shoving and all..
    glad the link for TIOBI finally works ahah..
    honestly i would have prefered a video with more of the band than actors

heh, i get pissed off when people drink beer like 5 feet away from me. now pissing all over the place, eww.

how was guess god thinks i'm abel live?
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    have they not played keep the dream alive live at all? it's my fav tune from the new album...
    stumbled upon this site on the Oasis forum
    has all the demos from SOTSOG including the original Let There Be Love(It's a Crime).
    http://theoasis.by.ru/Fans/sotsogdemoblock.shtml
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    For Anyone Who lives In The UK, Channel 4 are showing the Oasis Gig I went to This Saturday its on around 11pm
    Coldplay have reportedly changed the release date of upcoming single Fix You to avoid direct competition with Oasis' The Importance of Being Idle.

A source told the Star: "Coldplay have moved Fix You back to a September release because their current single Speed of Sound is still getting such great airplay on the radio.

"I'm sure they are aware that Oasis were due to release on the same day, but that probably didn't affect their decision."

Another interpretation is that it is to avoid a clash such as that between Oasis and Blur in 1995 with Roll With It and Country House respectively.

im honestly glad cos Coldplay would definitely sell more :(

YNWA
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i have not heard the new coldplay. but i keep revisiting oasis' cd. tiobi is my theme song, possibly.

;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    kdpjam wrote:
    i have not heard the new coldplay. but i keep revisiting oasis' cd. tiobi is my theme song, possibly.

;)
    yeh its quite mine too..im known to many as being a bum lol..
    i still find the video disappointing though

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh its quite mine too..im known to many as being a bum lol..
    i still find the video disappointing though

yeah, its cool when you can interpret the video the way you want to. like reading a book, then you can interpret/think of it the way you like...
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    The thread that would not die!

I've been listening to "Pass Me Down the Wine" incessantly. And thanks for the link to those demos. I like the stripped down "Roll It Over" without the choir at the end.

If anyone knows a site where the Lyla B-sides can be found, let me know.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    DocChicago wrote:
    The thread that would not die!

I've been listening to "Pass Me Down the Wine" incessantly. And thanks for the link to those demos. I like the stripped down "Roll It Over" without the choir at the end.

If anyone knows a site where the Lyla B-sides can be found, let me know.
    hell yeh!
    we're gonna keep this thread alive til the tour and everything is over!

yeh the demos were real neat..i liked the demo for Let There Be Love and Where Did It All Go Wrong best

YNWA
    heres 3 videos me found lying around the net from the Manchester show 2 weeks ago enjoy..

Turn Up The Sun
    http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3ENU2AQOA9FZZ18QH45BDLTCHI

Lyla
    http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1DAMISYCHWHE32MM4CL3OQKNDB

Acquiesce
    http://s33.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2TZ2Z0HWHUVPS0YOTA4Z66C7DW

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:

thanks ;) will check these out.
    kdpjam wrote:
    thanks ;) will check these out.
    yeh great videos!
    trying to find the whole show but no luck so far argh..
    i really enjoyed Turn Up the Sun...its sounded better..i think cos of the piano

YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Never thought Song Bird would have worked live but it did and i thought it was great. I'm glad they played Mucky Fingers!! I like My Generation but would have prefered them to finish with a classic Oasis track.
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    kinda on topic, the people in the US who are gonna see Oasis play, count urselfs lucky, u are gonna have a kick ass pre show! kasabian
    your light's reflected now
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Never thought Song Bird would have worked live but it did and i thought it was great. I'm glad they played Mucky Fingers!! I like My Generation but would have prefered them to finish with a classic Oasis track.

I think most people have been underwhelmed with the setlist for this tour. The My Generation cover is okay, but I think most people would rather hear Supersonic or Some Might Say. I know I would.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • DocChicago wrote:
    I think most people have been underwhelmed with the setlist for this tour. The My Generation cover is okay, but I think most people would rather hear Supersonic or Some Might Say. I know I would.

i agree, i wished that the setlist were longer and that the shows were over 90 minutes long. honesly, it was nice to hear wonderwall and don't look back in anger, but i really wanted to hear gas panic!, d'you know what i mean and columbia in their place. i understand noel's point that they don't want oasis fans to feel cheated if one city gets a better setlist but c'mon, don't the get tired playing the same songs, in the same order every show?
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
    i agree, i wished that the setlist were longer and that the shows were over 90 minutes long. honesly, it was nice to hear wonderwall and don't look back in anger, but i really wanted to hear gas panic!, d'you know what i mean and columbia in their place. i understand noel's point that they don't want oasis fans to feel cheated if one city gets a better setlist but c'mon, don't the get tired playing the same songs, in the same order every show?
    Columbia! now thats a fucking great song live
    i miss Slide Away too..that song is ace..should be played alot more.
    they should play more from DBTT too..i dont think they have played Let There Be Love and Part of the Queue yet

heres the cover for TIOBI single..im loving it
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000A3OX0K/ref=dp_product-image-only_0/102-8765416-7693754?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=5174&s=music

YNWA
    Love Like A Bomb is the bomb! and i've really started to enjoy Keep The Dream Alive. Mucky Fingers is still the fave but i'm glad i kept listening, it kicks ass!
    Part of the Queue,TIOBI and The Meaning of Soul are still my faves...getting bored of GGTIA...i still listen to DBTT like once a week.

YNWA
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    They did a great gig in Dublin last night. Liam's vocals were brillant and Zak's drumming was amazing.
    for those interested..heres a link to the radio edit version of Let There Be Love. enjoy..:)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/3158781/Oasis_-_Let_There_Be_Love_-_Radio_Edit.mp3.html

YNWA
    Liam and Nicole to wed

Oasis singer Liam Gallagher is set to tie the knot with fiance Nicole Appleton after five years together, it has been reported.

The rock and roll star and the ex All Saint plan to exchange their vows at a low key ceremony in Scotland this winter.

Invitations are being sent out to close friends and family already.

The Oasis frontman, who reckons he's turned to God, has booked a jazz band and pianist to play on his big day.

An insider said: "Fire eaters have been booked and there will be a bouncy castle for the kids".

Liam, 32 and Nicole, 30, have a four-year-old son Gene. It is thought he will be pageboy on the big day.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Liam and Nicole to wed

Oasis singer Liam Gallagher is set to tie the knot with fiance Nicole Appleton after five years together, it has been reported.

The rock and roll star and the ex All Saint plan to exchange their vows at a low key ceremony in Scotland this winter.

Invitations are being sent out to close friends and family already.

The Oasis frontman, who reckons he's turned to God, has booked a jazz band and pianist to play on his big day.

An insider said: "Fire eaters have been booked and there will be a bouncy castle for the kids".

Liam, 32 and Nicole, 30, have a four-year-old son Gene. It is thought he will be pageboy on the big day.

better late than never, i guess.... bye axl!!
    kdpjam wrote:
    better late than never, i guess.... bye axl!!
    yeh i guess better late than never..
    i thought they were already married or something.

YNWA
    I got my invite in the mail this morning :p
    I got my invite in the mail this morning :p
    din the invitation say bring a guest? *hint*

YNWA